Final Fantasy - All Series Fan Fiction ❯ Final Fantasy- Final Destination Part 1 ❯ One of Many ( Chapter 13 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

Salira's wound continued to bleed as Lega returned to their seats, holding her. Lega leaned against the side of the bus once he sat down and placed Salira's head on his chest. Raven sat in the empty seat next to them. Salira's breathing increased tremendously. "We need some help over here, damn it!" Raven yelled. The student Raven had hit earlier handed his jacket to Lega. "Here use this to stop the bleeding," he said as Lega took the jacket. Lega covered Salira's wound with the jacket and applied a little bit of pressure. Salira moaned in pain. "Which one of you dumb ass professors has the first aid kit!" Lega yelled. He didn't want Salira to die on him, or die at all.

Professor Cetra came running down the aisle with the first aid kit. "Sorry…couldn't…find the…" she started, but Raven snatched the kit out of her hands and cutted in, "We'll take care of her. Just continue the drive to the academy. The faster we get there, the better chance she'll live! And Strife won't sue you all!" The bus driver started the bus up and continued to drive to the academy. Lega noticed Salira was weakly looking around. She kept on breathing heavily. "Salira, you're going to be alright. Try to relax," he softly told her. He wished this nightmare ended. Please don't die on us Salira. Please don't die.

Raven opened the first aid kit and pulled out a piece of cloth. "Lega, take the jacket off of her and use this. It's not so heavy," he remarked as he threw the cloth at Lega. Lega takes the bloodstained jacket off of the wound and replaced it with the cloth, applying pressure. The pressure made the wound worse, much worse. Salira screamed in pain. "Don't loosen the pressure, Lega. It might hurt more, but it will stop the bleeding," Raven said as he noticed Lega was unsure wither to apply pressure or not. Salira closed her eyes to relax a little. Blood stained the piece of cloth and Lega's hand as well. Salira soon became unconscious, and Lega began to freak out. "Lega, clam down. As long as she is breathing, she's fine," Raven remarked. The wound finally stopped bleeding after a few minutes. Lega took the cloth off of the wound and laid it on the floor. "Is there another one in there?" Lega asked, pulling out Salira's water bottle. Raven searches through the box and pulls another piece of cloth out; he tossed it Lega. Lega damps the cloth with water and carefully cleans Salira's wound, removing all the blood stained on her shoulder. Salira was in her own mess, the dream she had earlier continued in her mind:

Salira stood in the spot where Sephiroth, the woman, and the child were. A replay of part of her previous dream…Sephiroth showed an evil grin. "Your plans are failing, Namta. Your daughter's future will be in my hands. You can't stop me." He shoved his Masamune into the woman's stomach all the way to the hilt of his sword. "Now as you were saying, Namta." Weakly, the woman yelled to her daughter, "Salira, run! Don't look back! Just run!" She then died on Sephiroth's blade. Sephiroth pulled his bloody sword out of the dead body and looked at the small girl who was running deeper into the woods. His blade dripped blood as he appeared in front of the child, stopping her path. "There's no need to run, dear. You're with me now." He picked up the small girl with his free hand and began to walk to the nearest city. The scene changed and, instead of being in a forest, she was in a small alleyway. Sephiroth had sat the girl on a box while he kneeled down. In his hand, he held a shot of some kind. It was filled with liquid. Another man dressed in a SOLDIER uniform stood next to him. "Are you sure you want to do this, sir?" the man said, remaining in the same position. "Yes, I am," Sephiroth answered. He poked the needle in the girl's right arm. Salira felt a jolt of pain where Sephiroth had cut her. He began to inject the small girl with whatever was in the shot. He injected very little before a woman, also dressed in a SOLDIER uniform, interrupted him. "Sir, you are needed in site four immediately." Sephiroth stopped what he was doing and took the needle out of the girl's body. "What's the issue, Rosalynn?" "I don't know, sir. All I was told was to get you. It's important, however." "We'll leave the girl here. Rosalynn…Leon, come." "Yes, sir!" the man and the woman said. Sephiroth and the two members of SOLDIER left the girl in the alleyway. A few moments later, a female appeared dressed in white. "Come here, child. You'll be okay. I'll bring you to a safe place," she said in a soft voice. Salira noticed she looked like the woman in the picture sitting on her dresser at home. Could she be Aeris? Salira thought to herself. The woman picked up the small girl and began to walk out of the alley. After she was gone, Sephiroth came back, along with Rosalynn. He looked around for the girl. "Damn that spirit of Aeris!" "You mean that other Ancient that you killed a while back ago?" Rosalynn asked. "Yes, exactly." The scene changed again. This time it was in front of a large building. The sign next to the door read: ORPHANAGE. The woman knocked on the door and another lady answered it. "I found this girl in the alley. I would adopt her, but I can't," the woman said as she handed the girl to the owner of the orphanage. She began to tell the owner about the girl's recent issue. "I will be happy to take her in," the owner replied when the woman finished. In front of Salira's eyes and in front of the owner's, the woman disappeared into thin air.

---

After about twenty minutes of traveling, the bus finally reached the academy and stopped in front of the entrance. Professor Drakman stood up in the front, "Students please follow Professor Cetra and Professor Mariku out. They will give you a tour and bring you to the Great Hall. All, but the wounded child and her two friends, please file out." He sat back down in his seat. The other two professors, along with all the students but Salira, Lega, and Raven, left the but and entered the academy. Professor Drakman walked over to the three remaining students, "I've informed the infirmary about her conditions. You are to take her there immediately."

"Where exactly is the infirmary?" Raven asked.

"When you go in, another professor will escort you the rest of the way," the professor answered.

"Oh, come on! Why don't you show us the way?!" Lega sneered. He hasn't been into the academy yet, and already he's pissed off at the professors.

"Lega, this ain't the time to get into any fights," Raven tries to calm Lega down, "We need to get Salira to the infirmary." The professor leaves in response to Lega's actions. Raven gets up and stands next to the seat where Lega and Salira are. "Come on, Lega. Let's just go," he says as he leans over and grabs all of their belongings. Lega waits till Raven moves out of the way before he gets up. He carefully picks up Salira and follows Raven to the entrance door of the academy.

Raven opened the door to the academy and let Lega walk in first, coming in after him with his hands filled with their belongings. "So which one of these assholes is to tell us where to go?" Lega mumbled. Raven heard him, "Watch your mouth, Lega. Don't want you in trouble on the first day."

"Ahh…I suppose you tree are the ones I am to tour," a female said as she approached Lega, Raven, and Salira. She took the stuff out of Raven's hands and handed it to a passing professor, "Be a dear, Casi. And take this to the where ever they put the stuff this year." She turned to the three kids.

"We don't need a tour! We need to get to the infirmary!" Lega remarked. Raven sighed.

"That's not what she meant, Lega."

"What I meant to say was, I suppose I'm to take you three to the infirmary. Not a tour," the female said. She was a few inches taller than Raven, had dark red eyes, and wore mostly black -black pants, black boots, white T-shirt, black jacket, and wore chains that hanged down from the belt loops on her pants. - Her hair was in two different lengths and colors. Her bangs reached down to her shoulders and dyed blue, while the rest of her hair reached just below her ears and was black. "I'm Centris Kitra," she introduced, "And you are?"

"Raven…Raven Cyril," Raven answered.

"I'm Lega Yahto. The one I'm holding is Salira Strife," Lega answered, looking down at the unconscious Salira in his arms.

"Well then let's get going," Centris motioned them to follow. She started to walk down a hallway. "So what happened to her?"

"She got hit with a laser beam," Raven answered.

"Oh…so you three are the kids who scared off that machine. You saved a bus full of kids, ya know," Centris remarked. "Professor Drakman was being a dumb ass again. He always is. Never thought he'd swoop this low though. Forgetting his and the other professor's weapons and all. What a jackass."

"You're not like the other professor's here, that I've seen so far," Lega stated, as he followed Centris with Raven next to him, "Most of them are assholes."

"I know. Actually all but a few are not assholes, including me," Centris said, "And yet Headmaster Riku doesn't fire them."

"What class do you teach?" Raven asked.

"Fighting, all six years. I took over last year because Professor Nimu didn't really do his job," Centris answered.

"Exactly what classes are teached by non-assholes? This way I can try to avoid the ones who are," Lega asked.

"Well, lets see…there my class, all six years. Professor Aegwyn's class, Black Magic years first, second, and fifth. Professor Mariku's Items class, all six years. Professor Kidra's White Magic, years first, second, and fourth. And her first year Blue Magic class," Centris answered. Lega was confused.

"I don't think I'll remember all this," Lega remarked.

"Remember the names then: Professor Centris -me-, Professor Aegwyn, Professor Mariku, and Professor Kidra," Centris restated.

"Will do," Lega replied, "Any others?"

"Oh yeah. I almost forgot. Professor Myuko and Professor Karowitz are good teachers too," Centris replied. "I forgot what Karowitz taught but Myuko is my assistant. Sort of a second teacher." The group reached a door with a sign hung on it saying "infirmary". "Well here ya go. This here's the infirmary. Nurse Verga's one of my best friends here and one of the best nurses in any of these academies. Hope to see you three again," Centris said as she left Lega, Raven, and Salira at the door.