Final Fantasy - All Series Fan Fiction ❯ Just Trust Me ❯ Trust ( Chapter 3 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

Just Trust Me

Chapter 3- Trust

By sky_princess

Your smile was leering,

Your kiss sweet,

Your embrace so warm,

When did your eyes grow so cold?

~sky_princess

"Oh Gawd! Why do I get to be with a stuffed animal?" Yuffie pouted like her old self as she got paired up with Cait Sith.

"Hey! You think I want to be paired up with a brat like you and for your information, I am not a stuffed animal. Stuffed animals do not talk." The robotic cat huffed into his microphone.

Yuffie "hmphed" and walked out the door.

"Now, you better not leave her side, Cait." Tifa waved her index finger at him.

Cait Sith mumbled angrily as he walked after Yuffie out the door.

"This is going to be a long day for them." Cloud sighed.

"Ok, Tifa, Vincent, and I are going to be a team. Cid and Barrett go check out if the Shinra had anything to do with this case." He added and the group was dismissed.

"Let's go down here." Yuffie pointed down a dark alley that seemed there was no end.

"You crazy! What happened to your 'oh-I'm-so-scared' attitude every time we went down a dark hallway or a deserted building? You don't even know what's down there!" Cait Sith looked at her with a look that said she was really gullible to fall for the dark alley trick that many things liked to hide in.

"I got over being a scared of things like that after…after." Her voice trailed and she decided to change the subject.

"That's the point of going down this alley! We're trying to find vampires, cat. They do like darkness, you know." She rolled her eyes and started in cautiously.

"Fine." He snatched out a flashlight and walked slowly behind her.

Everything was eerily quiet and the voiced of the busy people on the streets were distant. Yuffie jumped as she heard a clank of something that dropped. The light of the flashlight was now screening on the floor.

"Cait?' She turned around quickly to see him no where in sight.

"Don't play game, cat! You really don't want me pissed off right now!"

Suddenly, she was lifted off the ground by a hand around her neck. Her hands instantly went to the hand that was choking her.

The hand twisted her around so that she could see her so-called enemy.

A pair of red eyes met hers.

"Vincent?"

No, it wasn't Vincent, she thought, Vincent's eyes are more ruby than red.

A dim streetlight was turned on but not bright enough that vampires could be blinded. Her eyes found Cait Sith by a garbage can near the exit knocked unconscious.

"Actually, my name is Tony." Her enemy growled and she saw a pair of sharp fangs.

Yuffie saw that this vampire was more of a skimpy young boy.

How could a small stinkin' boy be this strong! Oh wait, Vincent told us that these vampires had inhuman strength! Wow, I actually remembered something from those boring meetings! She thought sarcastically.

She tried to kick him in the stomach but it felt like hitting a brick wall.

Not one wince from this kid.

She looked up and gasped as she saw there were five more other glowing eyes staring at her hungrily at her. Yuffie lowered her eyes from the intensity of those eyes and bit her lip.

Oh *&^%! I'm in big trouble now, Kisaragi! Heh, I found what I was looking for right?

Tifa, Cloud, and Vincent decided to search for clues to where the vampires were to escape. A little ways from the scene Yuffie told them about, their scent (Vincent picked up) stopped in front of a sewer.

"This is too disgusting for me." Tifa said disgustingly as she saw a big fat rat shriek at them but Vincent got really, really annoyed by this and decided to send it to 'rat heaven' which he called it with his Death Penalty.

"Shh." Vincent pointed to a door that seemed to appear beside them.

Cloud turned the knob slowly and opened it quietly but as it opened fully it made a loud creak.

Tifa's eyes widened as a hundred glowing eyes, in an underground arena, turned and stared at them.

Cloud grabbed Tifa's hand and ran behind Vincent but was stopped short.

Vincent's eyes narrowed as he pulled out his deadly gun.

Vampires seemed to appear all around them and barricading their escape.

A scream was heard and Cloud felt Tifa's hand torn away from him.

"I suggest that you drop your weapons or your precious doll here becomes mine." A large figure was holding her tightly and a pair of pointed fangs were close to her neck in an evil smirk.

Cloud growled but obliged.

As they their weapons dropped, the vampires got hold of them and the three of them were lead to a prisoner cell.

Tifa ran to Cloud and embraced him desperately.

Cloud smiled at her comfortably and whispered, "C'mon. We'll have to tell Cid and Barrett. Also, try Yuffie and Cait Sith."

Tifa took out her P.H.S. and dialed Yuffie but there was no answer.

She gave a worried look to Cloud and Vincent.

"Dial Cid and Barrett." Vincent murmured.

Yuffie and Cait Sith must be in trouble, he thought grimly.

Tifa's call got through and Cid and Barrett were on their way. They found out that the Shinra was in no way of being in the case but that the Turks had disappeared some time ago.

I hope you're okay, Yuffie. Tifa thought worriedly as she held her P.H.S. close to her heart.

Yuffie was running out of breath and going to be sucked by a skimpy vampire dorkus.

This is bad, this is bad; she kept repeating in her head.

Her P.H.S. had rung a little while ago but the vampires crushed it to the ground with no problem.

She finally looked back down at the glowing eyes again and her eyes widened as she saw Reno's eyes and flaming red hair.

That is Reno! She thought and frowned as she saw him smirking at her being tortured like this.

"That's a fine chick you caught, Tony. Nice body too." Reno's eyes looked her body up and down with amusement.

Yuffie felt a shiver go down her spine as she felt his eyes rake her.

"Thanks Reno. Couldn't have done it without you telling me to go catch this pretty nymph." Tony smiled at her and started to lean closer to her.

She spit in his face and with the little breath and time that she had, she said in a small voice but loud enough that Reno could hear, "I trusted you, Reno. I-I trusted you with all my heart." Staring at him until her tears blurred up her vision.

Flashbacks engulfed Reno and he growled as he tried to overcome them. Meanwhile Tony, wiped his face and shouted angrily at the ninja, "You &^%$%!"

His hand raised and ready to slap her unconscious when Yuffie was pulled out of his grasp and Tony was sent flying out of the alley and be scorched by the burning sunlight.

Reno's eyes were flared red with anger.

He ran quickly with Yuffie in his arms and draped Cait Sith on his shoulder.

The vampires were after him but Reno jumped inside a building and tried his hardest to dodge the sunlight. They ran into 7th Heaven, which was closed but was easily opened by Yuffie's pick-pocketing skill and Cait Sith was quickly settled in a room.

"It's dangerous here, Reno. Let's go check in at an Inn somewhere." He only nodded slowly with his now emotionless aquamarine eyes.

Yuffie grabbed a cloak with a hood to cover him up and they went on their way.

Somehow, both of them were unusually quiet.

In an underground arena, a menacing figure laughed evilly.

"The world will be mine soon."

To be continued…

Author's note: Oh my gosh! This should probably be the longest chapter I've ever written! Well, I hope you like it. The next chapter will be more sadder and a little romantic. Hee hee. This chapter had a tiny bit of Tifa/Cloud pairing. Sorry to you Aeris/Cloud lovers! Sorry it took long for this chapter but I have so much things going on! Most of it to do with high school! The next chapter should be done before the next year ok? Please review! I really would appreciate it! J