Final Fantasy - All Series Fan Fiction ❯ Mark of the Phoenix ❯ Chapter 11

[ Y - Young Adult: Not suitable for readers under 16 ]

“Mark of the Phoenix”
Chapter 11
~***************************************~
*Disclaimer: Final Fantasy and all characters therein belong to Square-Enix. This fiction piece is strictly a non-profit exercise of creativity and entertainment for people (like me) who can't get enough of this world and the characters.*
~***********************************************~
 
They stopped at Icicle Inn on the way and Reno bought some supplies, including a power generator, pillows and blankets, oil lanterns, a pair of hunting rifles and some ammunition for them. After loading the supplies onto the chopper they continued on to the Forgotten City.
 
They touched down in a clearing in the sleeping forest, which was as close as they could get to the city with the helicopter. Reno and Rude got the camo netting out and they covered the helicopter as best they could while the women got their belongings out.
 
“How are we going to carry all of this?” Elena asked with a scowl. Each of them had at least one suitcase, not to mention all of the supplies and the power generator.
 
“We'll strap it all on this,” Rude said as he approached with a supply stretcher he'd gotten out of the chopper. “I can drag it.”
 
“Are you sure?” Cissnei asked doubtfully, grunting as she picked up one of her suitcases and dropped it onto the stretcher. “It's going to be awfully heavy once we've put everything on it. I know you're strong but I don't think you should try pulling it by yourself, Rude.”
 
Rude shrugged and pointed out the wheels at one end of it. “Shouldn't be too hard. Red can't help me because he's got to lug the generator.”
 
They suddenly heard Reno swearing inside the aircraft as he struggled to get the generator out. Elena went to help him and the two of them succeeded in getting it out of the chopper and on the ground. It was on wheels to make it more portable but judging by the way Reno grunted as he tilted it and began to drag it, the machine wasn't light.
 
They finished loading everything onto the stretcher and once it was all secured they started off. Cissnei carried her daughter and Elena scouted for any signs of danger. Fortunately, nothing attacked them on the way and before long they reached the path leading out of the forest and down into the Forgotten City.
 
Cissnei stopped and stared. She'd never been there before and her eyes scanned the ancient, shell-shaped houses and ghostly white trees. “It's beautiful,” she said in an awed voice.
 
Reno looked from her to the city. “Ya think so? I always thought it was kind of creepy.” He was winded and flushed from pulling the generator. Beside him, Rude was panting lightly as well.
 
“It's a little eerie,” Cissnei agreed, “but still beautiful.” She bit her lip and looked at the two men. “Are you sure you guys don't need a little help? Elena and I can take turns carrying Sadie and give you a hand if you need it.”
 
Both of the men shook their heads and Cissnei exchanged a knowing smirk with Elena. Even if they were throwing their backs out, they'd probably never ask for help. It might make them lose macho points if they did. Cissnei shrugged and shifted her daughter in her arms. “Okay, if you say so. I've got a feeling you're both going to need a healing potion after this, though.”
 
“We'll be fine,” Reno grunted.
 
~*********************************~
 
Elena searched through the buildings while Rude and Reno took a break. After a while, she found a large house that had a minimum amount of structural decay and she came back to lead them to it. The guys got up reluctantly and grabbed hold of their burdens again for the last haul. Sadie was getting cranky, having gone without an afternoon nap. Cissnei did her best to calm her down but she began to have a little tantrum.
 
“Please, don't do this to me right now,” Cissnei sighed as she bounced the toddler in vain. To her surprise, Sadie began to quiet down. The little girl was peering over Cissnei's shoulder at something and she suddenly let out a laugh. Cissnei frowned and turned around to see what was amusing her. Reno was behind her and he was making goofy faces at Sadie. Cissnei smiled a little, warmed by his efforts.
 
When they got to the house Elena had picked out, Reno and Rude dragged their burdens in and they both collapsed on the dusty furniture, panting. Cissnei went into the bathroom with Sadie to change her. To her surprise, she found that the dingy toilet was functional. “There's running water!” she hollered to her companions.
 
“Well, at least we can be thankful the Cetra knew about plumbing,” Reno answered. He grabbed a bottle of drinking water from the supplies and tossed it to Rude before grabbing one for himself. They drank thirstily, draining the bottles quickly.
 
Cissnei finished her task and she bagged the soiled pull-up diaper. Sadie wobbled after her on unsteady legs as she carried the bag out with her. “Stay here, sweetie,” Cissnei instructed the child as she headed for the front door to dispose of the trash outside.
 
Sadie reluctantly obeyed and Cissnei went outside to find a place to toss the diaper. She found an old wooden bin and she put it in there. When she went back inside, Elena was getting the bedding supplies out.
 
“I'll bet the mattresses and sheets on the beds are just covered with mold,” Elena said with a grimace.
 
“Maybe not,” Cissnei replied as she started helping her. “So far this place is surprisingly clean.” She considered her daughter, wondering if she could trust her to behave if she left her in the living room.
 
“I'll keep an eye on her,” Reno said when he saw the thoughtful look on her face.
 
“Thanks,” she said. Reno had already proved that he was surprisingly good with kids, so she trusted him to keep Sadie out of trouble while she and Elena changed the bedding upstairs. She followed the blonde and together, the two of them went from bedroom to bedroom and pulled the old bedding off to replace it with the fresh bedding they'd brought.
 
Reno tilted his head back against the couch and he was about to close his eyes when he noticed that his daughter had something in her hand. He frowned and peered at her, trying to figure out what the object was. After a moment he identified it as a crystal that must have fallen off one of the shelves lining the walls. Sadie started to put it in her mouth and Reno vaulted off the couch immediately.
 
“Hey, that ain't food,” Reno exclaimed as he reached her side and took the crystal from her. She was startled by his sudden move and the tone of his voice and she jumped and started to cry. “Aw, I didn't mean to scare ya, kiddo,” Reno said with remorse as he picked her up and stood up with her. He bounced her soothingly in his arms. “It's okay, shhh.”
 
Rude got up and started looking around for any other potential hazards. “Looks like we've gotta child-proof this place,” he said.
 
Cissnei hurried down the stairs with an alarmed look on her face. “What happened?”
 
“It's all right,” Reno assured her. “She found a crystal on the floor and tried to put it in her mouth. I just scared her a little when I jumped up and took it from her, yo.”
 
Cissnei sighed with relief. “Well I'm glad you stopped her in time. She's tired and hungry. I'll feed her and put her to bed.”
 
He handed the child over when Cissnei reached for her and their eyes met for a moment. The feelings they were both trying to hide shone through briefly and Reno tore his gaze off of her with difficulty.
 
~******************************~
 
It wasn't easy. Cissnei and Elena cleaned up the house as well as they could, while Reno and Rude got the generator working so that they could keep the phones powered up and use the radio. Unfortunately there was no circuit system in the house, so they had to rely on the oil lanterns they'd bought for light at night. There was a wood-burning stove for cooking and each room was equipped with a small fireplace for warmth. Rude collected wood from the surrounding forests so that they could cook and use the fireplaces.
 
Everyone took turns cooking meals, but Reno's meals always ended up undercooked or burned, so the others agreed that he didn't need to be part of the meal cooking rotation. He began to bond with his daughter, playing with her when he had time and even helping with her potty training. Cissnei often caught him looking at her the way he used to, but he never made any moves on her and he only touched her when he had to. She considered trying to get him to talk to her, to get all of his anger off his chest and perhaps even forgive her. She couldn't bring herself to confront him though, and she suffered in silence.
 
After a week, they began to run out of food supplies. Reno and Rude took a collapsible stretcher and the rifles they had purchased in Icicle and they went out hunting. They had to travel away from the City and into the woods to find any game. It was snowing and the ground was covered in a white blanket. The two inexperienced hunters searched for prey, neither of them accustomed to it.
 
“Never thought I'd be doing this, man,” Reno huffed, his breath fogging the air before his face as he peered around. “Shit, I don't even know what the hell I'm doing. Why don't we just head to the chopper and fly back to Icicle for supplies?”
 
“We've got to conserve our money,” Rude said. “We're not getting our paychecks anymore and there's no telling how long it's going to be before this is over. We need to learn how to bring in our own meat.”
 
Reno grumbled and looked around. “Maybe Tseng could front us some gil. I'll ask him about it next time I talk to him. I don't think we're gonna have any—”
 
Rude suddenly lifted his rifle and fired at something ahead and to the east. Reno's mouth fell open as he looked in that direction and saw a buck go down.
 
“—luck,” the redhead finished dumbly. He looked at his partner, who was just lowering his weapon. “Freakin' showoff.”
 
Rude smirked.
 
~***************************************~
 
When they returned to the house dragging their prize, Cissnei and Sadie came out to greet them. The little girl stumbled toward Reno with a bright smile and outstretched arms. “Daddy!”
 
Reno froze, staring at her with amazement. He looked at Cissnei, who was smiling softly. “You told her?” He dropped his side of the stretcher and bent to scoop the child up in his arms.
 
Cissnei nodded. “I sat down and explained it to her while you were gone, but I think she already knew.”
 
Reno couldn't contain his smile as his daughter hugged his neck and put her head on his shoulder. “That's right, pumpkin. I'm your Daddy,” he murmured. His eyes stayed on Cissnei for a moment and he swallowed.
 
~Doesn't change anything. She still kept me in the dark about the pregnancy and she still tore a hole in my heart with her little vanishing act. I can't get soft now.~
 
Reno kissed Sadie on the cheek before carrying her to Cissnei. “I'll play with ya later, kiddo,” he promised as the brunette took her from his arms. “Right now I've got to help your uncle Rudy do something.” He looked at Cissnei meaningfully as he gestured at the carcass behind him. Understanding, she carried their daughter into the house so that she wouldn't see the animal getting skinned.
 
When the door closed, Reno turned around and grimaced. “Hey, since we killed it and dragged it back, maybe we should have the ladies clean it.”
 
Rude snorted. “Good luck with that, man.”
 
~*********************************~
 
Another week passed and they finally heard from Tseng again. He and Rufus had run into a few obstacles in their efforts and it was taking longer than he'd thought it would to get access to some of the files they needed. He assured Reno that the difficulties wouldn't stop them from finishing their work.
 
“How are things holding together?” Tseng asked.
 
“We're getting by,” Reno said with a shrug. “Money's getting a little tight but we've started hunting for meat. I don't suppose there's any way you can get some gil to us, is there?”
 
Tseng thought for a moment. “Give me a location with a post office that you can get to and I'll send some gil in the mail.”
 
“Icicle,” Reno answered immediately.
 
“I'll send it right away,” Tseng said. “I'll be putting it under your false identification, so be sure you use that when you pick it up.”
 
“Thanks, boss,” Reno sighed with relief. He'd been worried about how they'd make more money without exposing themselves and risking recognition. A quick trip to Icicle for supplies now and then was risky enough as it was.
 
“You're welcome,” replied Tseng. “Take care, Reno. We'll get this finished as quickly as we can.”
 
~************************************~
 
“He's never going to forgive me.”
 
Elena paused in her task of chopping an onion and looked at Cissnei with sympathy. The guys were out hunting again and Sadie was upstairs having her afternoon nap. They had been in the Forgotten City for three weeks so far and though Reno gave his daughter plenty of attention and affection, he was like hot and cold running water with Cissnei. Every time he showed her a little affection he immediately seemed to get angry with himself and he turned to ice against her.
 
“He's being a bastard,” Elena said. “Don't give him the satisfaction of letting it get to you.”
 
Cissnei took a deep, shaking breath and her brown eyes began to glisten with tears. “He has every right to be a bastard to me. I keep telling myself to just give up trying, but I still love him.” She wiped her eyes and sniffed, turning away with embarrassment. “I'm sorry…I didn't mean to hop on the pity pot.”
 
Elena reached out and squeezed her shoulder. “Don't be sorry, Cissnei. I'm glad you're talking to me about it, really. It's not healthy to keep it all bottled up, anyway.”
 
Cissnei turned around to face her again. “I was so scared when I got that phone call. All I could think of was how I grew up, and how unfair it would be if my child got dragged into our lifestyle. I…I almost had the pregnancy terminated but I lost my nerve.” She shivered and hugged herself with the memory. “After that, I just didn't think I had any choice except running. I was afraid I'd get hurt on the job and lose the baby and I was afraid of how Reno would react when he found out. I didn't think he was mature enough to take it and I was afraid he'd reject me or try to play it off like it wasn't his.”
 
Elena nodded. “I can't blame you for that. I think everyone's surprised at how good he is with Sadie…even Reno himself. How could you have known what he'd do? I don't know a single person that would have pegged Reno as father material. He's done a lot of growing up while you were gone.”
 
Cissnei smiled a little. “Yes, he has. He's really surprised me. I just wish I could make him understand why I did what I did.”
 
“Give him more time,” Elena suggested. “He thought you were dead for three years and I think he's still a little overwhelmed to find you alive. Learning that he had a daughter was a major shock for him, too. I don't know how long it'll take for him to pull himself together and realize he still loves you, but I can tell you one thing for certain; he never got over you, Cissnei. I think he'll come around eventually.”
 
Cissnei sighed and turned her attention back to the pot of stew they were making. “I hope you're right,” she whispered as she stirred the broth.
 
Elena finished chopping the onion and she poured it into the pot and smiled at her friend. “As the company gossip queen, I know a few things. Just trust me.”
 
~******************************~
 
When Rude and Reno returned, it wasn't with a felled animal to restock the meat supplies. When Cissnei looked out the window and saw them coming she gasped and charged out the door. Rude was carrying Reno slung over his shoulder and the redhead was unconscious and soaked from head to toe.
 
“What happened?” Cissnei cried as she held the door open for the bald man. Reno was shivering violently and his lips were turning blue.
 
“He went chasing after a deer he crippled and he fell through the ice on the lake,” Rude panted. “I barely got him out before he went under.”
 
“Shit,” Elena gasped. “Get him out of those clothes and into bed. I'll light the fireplace in his room.”
 
Cissnei followed behind the muscular Turk as he carried his partner's limp, shivering form up the stairs and into one of the bedrooms. He eased Reno onto the bed and started taking his clothes off. “Might need some extra blankets,” he suggested over his shoulder to Cissnei. She nodded and hurried off to fetch some.
 
Elena finished lighting the fire and made herself scarce before Reno's underwear came off. On her way out of the bedroom she ran into Cissnei, who was returning with a pair of folded winter blankets in her arms.
 
“Can I make a suggestion?” Elena said as she stopped the brunette.
 
Cissnei's eyes were wide and anxious as she looked at her. “What?”
 
“Maybe you should share body warmth with him. It would be way too awkward for me to do it and if Rude tries it might traumatize both of them.” Elena smirked at the other woman. “You wouldn't be taking advantage…you'd be keeping him from going hypothermic. It's for his own good.”
 
Cissnei blinked owlishly at her. While the idea made perfect sense, she didn't know how Reno would react when he woke up to find her pressed against him in bed. “I don't know,” she said uncertainly. She looked down the hallway in the direction of the bedroom her daughter was sleeping in.
 
“It could save his life,” Elena persisted. “If he goes hypothermic we may not be able to get him to a doctor fast enough. If he complains just tell him you could have let him die instead. Don't worry about Sadie; I'll take care of her.”
 
Cissnei bit her lip. Reno's safety was more important than his grudge against her, after all. She nodded, decision made. “Okay. He's just going to have to deal with it.”
 
“Thatta girl,” Elena encouraged.
 
Cissnei went into the bedroom and put the blankets on the bed. Rude had just finished covering Reno up and he helped her spread the extra blankets over him.
 
“Elena thinks I should get into bed with him and share body warmth,” Cissnei announced.
 
Rude's only reaction to the plan was to raise his eyebrows. He shrugged and left Cissnei alone with his partner, closing the door behind him.
 
She looked down at the unconscious redhead and took a deep breath as she began unbuttoning her blouse. “Don't hold it against me, okay?”
 
~********************************~
 
“What are you doing?” Rude stared as Elena produced a key from her pocket and slid it into the lock on the bedroom door.
 
“I'm helping them,” she said with a shrug. “I found this key a few days ago, hanging in one of the closets. It fits all the doors in the house.”
 
Rude crossed his arms over his chest and frowned as he leaned against the wall. “You're helping them by locking them in the room together? I don't get it.”
 
“When Reno wakes up, the first thing he'll see is her,” reasoned the blonde. “Having her snuggled up to him is probably going to shock him and crack that wall he's been keeping up around himself. They need to talk and get everything out in the open and I'm not letting them out until they do.”
 
“I think you should reconsider that plan,” Rude suggested with a frown. “Red's gonna be super pissed at you for sticking your nose in and you could just make things worse.”
 
“It's a chance I'm willing to take,” Elena shrugged. “If you think it's such a bad idea, take the key from me.” She dangled it teasingly, her hazel eyes challenging on the bald man.
 
Rude sighed and shook his head. “I want it made clear that I had nothing to do with this.”
 
“Of course,” Elena shrugged.
 
~********************************~
 
Cissnei pressed snugly against Reno's chilled, shivering body. Her bra and panties were the only articles of clothing she didn't take off and even though his skin was cold, it felt heavenly to press up against it so intimately again. She rubbed his back and kissed his chest and throat, whispering softly to him as she tried to warm him up. Her fingertips traced the faint smatter of freckles on his shoulders before gliding over his collarbone and back around to his spine.
 
“It's going to be okay, Reno. Elena's going to watch over Sadie for us and Rude will make sure we've got more wood for the fire if we need it. Shhh, it's okay.” She kissed his parted lips, muffling his soft moans of distress.
 
She didn't know how long she lay there hugging him before his shivering lessened and his lips regained some normal color. She dozed off for a while and when she woke up, he'd regained some color in his face and he was breathing easily. His ginger lashes fluttered as he opened his eyes and blinked in confusion. The sea-green orbs settled on her and the pupils dilated as they focused.
 
“Mmm?” Reno muttered questioningly. “Cissnei…what the hell?” He looked stunned.
 
“You fell through some ice when you and Rude went hunting,” she explained softly. “He got you out, but you were going hypothermic by the time he brought you back here. I had to get you warm and this was the fastest way to do it.”
 
Reno swallowed hard. He could feel every slender curve of her body against his, and if the amount of silky skin he felt pressing against him was any indication, she was practically naked. He realized he was totally nude when he felt her thigh pressing against his groin. He was still shivering a little but the ache in his muscles was fading. Her hands were stroking his back and it felt wonderful. He almost closed his eyes and put his arms around her, but he caught himself just in time and pulled away from her embrace instead.
 
“I'm fine now,” he said flatly, avoiding her eyes.
 
Cissnei didn't try to hold him in her embrace, as much as she ached to do so. “You should stay in bed,” she argued as he turned his back to her and sat up. “You're body temperature's still too low.”
 
He looked over his shoulder at her, his eyes flashing through his disheveled, scarlet bangs. “You a doctor now? I said I'm fine. Now shut your eyes so I can put something on.”
 
Cissnei didn't know what bothered her more…his angry gaze or his odd attack of modesty. She sighed and dutifully shut her eyes, listening to the sounds of him getting out of bed and crossing the room to the closet. After a moment, she heard the sound of a zipper going up and Reno told her she could open her eyes again. She found him standing by the door in a pair of black trousers. He had a clean shirt in his hand and he pulled it on and left it hanging open as he reached for the doorknob. He twisted it and frowned. He jiggled it and nothing changed.
 
“What the hell? The door's not working!” Reno felt panic rising. He tried again but the knob wouldn't budge. “Hey guys, we're stuck in here!” He called out to the other occupants of the house.
 
“I know,” Elena's smug voice floated through the door. It sounded like she was just on the other side. “And you're staying that way until you two talk. Now's your chance to get it all off your chest, Reno. I'm not letting you out until you do!”
 
Reno gaped at the door. “You're out of your fucking mind! Open this goddamned door right now, Elena! Where the hell is Rude?”
 
“I'm not opening this door and Rude's staying out of it,” Elena said without concern. “Now you kids behave and make up.”
 
Reno turned around and stared at Cissnei, who had sat up in the bed and was staring at the door with wide eyes. The covers had slipped down and he could see the outline of her nipples through the white lace bra she wore. He cursed and charged across the room to the window, trying to get it open.
 
“Okay, I think I can get down from the ledge out there,” he grunted as he struggled to open the windowpane. “I can catch you once I'm down.”
 
“Wow, you're really desperate to get away from me, aren't you?”
 
Reno stopped what he was doing and looked at her. She was angry and hurt, unconsciously pouting in her unhappiness. His eyes were drawn to those pouting lips and he thought about how great they felt against his. He shook himself out of it and straightened up, his anger returning and threatening to spill over.
 
“You wanna talk?” he snapped. “Okay, we'll talk. Let's talk about how many times you used to say you trusted me, Cissnei.” He approached her with his fists clenched at his sides. “Let's talk about how you kept it from me when you found out I knocked you up, huh? How about that one?”
 
“You don't know what it was like!” Cissnei cried, meeting his anger with her own. “You don't know how terrifying it was to find out I was pregnant! I didn't even know what I wanted to do at first! I didn't even know if I was going to keep her! All I could think about was how fucked up my childhood was! I didn't know if you'd want anything to do with her, either!”
 
“You never tried to find out, did ya?” Reno yelled. “You could have come to me and we could have worked it out, but instead you just made your assumptions and made me think you got blown up!” He was breathing heavily and the pain of that day returned as he remembered every detail. “I saw you walk into that building,” he said raggedly, looking at her with agony in his eyes. “I saw them setting up to collapse it as I was driving away…I tried to stop `em! I tried to call you to get you out of there and the fucking building went down right after I got your voice mail!”
 
Cissnei was floored. She had no idea he'd witnessed it. She remembered being startled when she made it down the block and the building went down sooner than scheduled, remembered thinking she could have died for real if she had gone inside a few moments later than she had. It never occurred to her that her boyfriend might have seen it happen. “Reno, you weren't supposed to see it happen,” she said in a trembling voice. “The building wasn't supposed to go down until you were out of range!”
 
“Well guess what, it didn't go like you planned,” Reno snarled. He closed the distance and grabbed her by the shoulders. “Do you have any fucking idea what it was like, knowing you were in there and being unable to stop it from happening? Do ya know I haven't had a decent night's sleep since that day because of the damned nightmares I have? You killed part of me when you faked your death, Cissnei.”
 
Cissnei's eyes filled with tears and he abruptly released her and turned away. “Shit,” he groaned as his throat closed up with emotions. He tried to hold it back but he failed and the next sound that came out of his mouth was a ragged sob. He started to collapse and he felt Cissnei's slender arms go around him, easing him onto the bed with her. “Don't touch me,” he rasped as another sob tore through his throat.
 
She didn't listen. Instead, she held him tighter and kissed his face over and over again. “I'm sorry,” she murmured, crying softly. “I'm so sorry…I know I can never make it up to you and if you really want me to, I'll leave you alone. I'm asking you to forgive me though, Reno. I never wanted to hurt you like this and I still love you so much! When I was giving birth to Sadie, I kept calling out for you. I was so scared and in so much pain, but you couldn't come and it was all my fault.” She was crying harder now, holding him as tightly as she could.
 
Reno's breath shuddered in his chest as he cried. She still loved him…she'd cried out for him when she was having their daughter. It was too much for him to bear any more and he put his arms around her and returned her embrace. “Damn it, Cissnei,” he moaned as he nuzzled her soft hair. “It ain't all your fault. I didn't give you a reason to think I'd step up to the plate and if I had, maybe you never would have pulled such a boneheaded move and we wouldn't be in this mess.”
 
She pulled back to look him in the eye and she cupped his face. “Can we just start over, Reno? Can we just put it behind us and live in the present?”
 
Reno sniffed and stared at her. “Never could say `no' to you, doll.” The way her face lit up at those words made his heart ache. “Just tell me something…you said you weren't sure you were gonna keep her. Did you think about getting an abortion?”
 
Cissnei nodded and lowered her eyes.
 
“What changed your mind?” Reno wanted to know.
 
Her soft, soulful eyes met his again and a tiny smile curved her lips. “You. When I got there I pulled my wallet out to count my gil and when I opened it, there was your face, looking up at me from the inside of the wallet. I remember staring at your picture while I walked through the door and realizing part of you was growing inside me. I guess that sounds cheesy, right?”
 
His smile was painful but genuine. He shook his head. “Nah, it's not cheesy. I'm glad you changed your mind.”
 
Now that the wound had been exposed and cauterized, he didn't know what to do. He wanted her with every fiber of his being, but he'd been holding onto resentment and anger so tightly that he didn't know what to do without it anymore. He stared at her silently, his tears slowly drying and his emotions unstable. He wasn't cold anymore…he was burning up inside.
 
Cissnei could see that he wanted her by the look in his eyes and she decided to take the initiative, since he seemed to be unable or unwilling to do so himself. She wove her fingers into his damp hair and closed the distance between their faces, pressing her lips against his. He held perfectly still as she kissed him…just like he had the first time she kissed him. She brushed her lips back and forth over his for a moment before stroking between his with her tongue. They parted and she pushed in to caress inside his mouth. He began to respond, slowly and hesitantly as if he was afraid of reacting too strongly.
 
Cissnei kept kissing him and she traced his collarbone with the fingertips of her free hand before gliding them over his chest. He made a soft sound of wary desire in his throat as she stroked his left nipple to hardness. She was about to move on to the other one when Reno shuddered against her and suddenly, he was returning her kiss with searing intensity and pushing her down on the bed. His hands caught hold of hers and he pushed them over her head, his long fingers entwining with hers. The thrust of his tongue was demanding and desperate as he kissed her and she felt his erection pressing hard against her as his hips settled between her thighs.
 
Reno wasn't entirely sure what had happened. One minute he was controlling himself fairly well and the next, he was like a predatory animal with the scent of blood driving him. The feelings he'd never been able to replicate with other bed partners came back full force and he moaned into her mouth, rubbing against her suggestively. He'd tried so hard to feel this kind of painful intensity with other women and now it was consuming him. Cissnei's small hands squeezed his and she panted against his lips, gyrating her hips invitingly.
 
“Wait,” Reno gasped as a lick of common sense reminded him that they had no protection. “Are you still on the pill?” He laughed as soon as he asked the question. “Not that it would do any good if you were, since I still knocked you up before.”
 
“No,” Cissnei answered, “I never got back on it after I had Sadie. My cycles got a lot better after her birth and since I wasn't dating anyone, I didn't think I needed contraception.” She bit her lip. “Do you have anything on you?”
 
Reno groaned softly and shook his head. “I never thought to pick up condoms, yo. I really didn't see this coming.”
 
Cissnei considered the situation, staring up at his handsome face. “It's okay,” she said after a moment, squeezing his hands. “I don't want to stop.”
 
He regarded her warily. “You sure about that? I could get you pregnant again.”
 
She smiled. “I promise, if that happens I'll handle it better than I did the last time.”
 
He hesitated for a moment longer before lowering his mouth to hers and giving her a hungry, urgent kiss. He couldn't stop…not now. He craved her like a drug addict craved a fix. He released one of her hands so that he could fumble with the front clasp on her bra. His fingers were clumsy due to his urgency and desire, but he got it open after a few tries and he cupped one small, perfect breast as soon as it was free of the confinement. Cissnei gasped his name as he tweaked the nipple, arching her throat to his eager lips. He kissed her neck and fondled her breasts for a few moments before levering himself off of her and sitting up to relieve her of her underwear.
 
Reno's gaze was hot on her as she lifted her hips to allow him to slide her panties down and off. His hands stroked her thighs and pushed them apart and she moaned softly as he caressed her vulva with gentle fingers. He found the pink pearl of her clit and rubbed it, making her squirm restlessly and whimper his name. He breathed heavily as he stimulated her, aching to be inside of her but enjoying her reactions too much to rush it. He stared down at her and watched her toss her head, watched her little tongue moisten her pretty lips. Her nipples were erect and her breasts heaved with her labored breathing as his manipulations pleasured and excited her. Her hands reached down and squeezed his knees desperately and she began to beg him with breathless whimpers.
 
“R-Reno,” Cissnei moaned, “Please!”
 
“Please what?” Reno asked in a husky, teasing voice.
 
“Give it to me,” Cissnei panted dazedly. She rotated her hips and tossed her head as the throbbing heat of pleasure increased. He lifted her legs and propped them on his shoulders but instead of stretching out on top of her, he lay on his stomach between her legs and parted her labia with his thumbs.
 
“W-wait,” Cissnei gasped, knowing what he was planning to do and certain that she couldn't handle it. “If you do that I'm gonna scream!” She was too horny and too frustrated to handle the feel of his tongue licking at her clit. Her hand had been her only sexual company since she fled the Turks and she was already on the verge of a climax that she knew would make her toes curl.
 
Of course, her warning that she would scream if he gave her oral pleasure only made Reno more determined to do it. The only thing that worried him was whether their daughter was still sleeping in the room down the hallway. “Cover your mouth, doll,” Reno warned.
 
Cissnei tensed as his lips closed about the hardened nub and sucked without mercy. His tongue swirled against it firmly and his hands grabbed her hips and held them to keep her from bucking away. “Ahh…ohh…Reno,” she tried to keep her voice down but the volume built with every escaped exclamation of pleasure. Shuddering helplessly under the assault, Cissnei did as he told her and covered her mouth with one hand to muffle her cries. His tongue pressed rhythmically against the tender clitoral glans, making the muscles of her thighs jump involuntarily from the intensity. It was cruel, it was brutal and it was so good she thought she would die if he didn't stop.
 
Reno held her down and mercilessly sucked and licked the little nub. His cock bucked in his pants with the force of his arousal and he moaned, wondering if he'd end up coming in his pants before he could finish. The tremors in her delicate body and the muffled, desperate cries as she struggled to get away only fueled his hunger more. He sucked hard on the swollen clit and held her hips down more firmly when she tried to buck. Her whole body trembled and he knew she was coming hard. She was lubricating generously and he stopped torturing her clit to stab his tongue into her moist slit, tasting her greedily. Her pussy clenched around his tongue with her orgasm as he thrust it in and out. He heard her muffled scream and he groaned and cupped her ass, squeezing it with delight.
 
When the orgasm tapered off, Cissnei lay limp and panting, unable to move or speak. Reno took his mouth away from her tender parts and stretched out on top of her. He kissed her hard, stroking her tongue with his as he reached down to undo his pants.
 
“Can't wait anymore, baby,” Reno panted against her lips.
 
Cissnei stared up at him with glazed eyes and tried to calm her breathing. She'd never forgotten how good he was with his mouth, but remembering and feeling it again were two different things.
 
~If I could package his oral skills and sell it, I'd be the richest woman on Gaia in no time at all. Shiva, I think it would need a warning label or something! “Not for the faint of heart”. ~
 
Cissnei's sudden giggle gave Reno pause. He smiled down at her as he tugged his pants down. “What's on your mind, toots?”
 
She reached up weakly and put her arms around him. “I was just thinking of how rich I'd be if I could bottle your mouth and sell it to women everywhere.” She blushed as she laughed at her own thoughts.
 
“Mmm, so you wanna whore your man out, do ya?” He smirked with satisfaction. “Are you sure you'd be willing to share me like that?”
 
Cissnei shook her head and ran her hands over his shoulders and down his back. “No, I want to keep you all to myself. All the other women can just fend for themselves.”
 
Reno laughed huskily and reached down to position himself. He gave her a seductive grin as he butted against her entrance, teasingly rubbing the cap of his rigid sex against her waiting slit. Cissnei narrowed her eyes in irritation and squirmed, her hands cupping his ass urgently.
 
“I thought you couldn't wait?” She breathed, licking her lips.
 
“Feels like I'm gonna explode,” Reno agreed with a breathy chuckle, “but I love it when you beg.”
 
She raised her head and caught his left earlobe between her teeth, tugging on it and the silver hoop that pierced it. “Give it to me, Reno,” she gasped when she released the lobe.
 
“Fuck,” he groaned, his lust reaching a bursting point. He drove his cock into her firmly, careful not to let his excitement make him do it too hard or too fast. No matter how ready and aroused she was, Cissnei was still a small woman and she was just as tight around him as he remembered. His forehead beaded with sweat as her body clenched around him. “Oh, baby,” he moaned as he filled her all the way. He waited for a moment before moving, giving her a chance to adjust. On his first thrust, she gasped sharply and closed her eyes with pleasure. On the second her short-trimmed fingernails scratched a faint trail on his back. By the time he made his fourth thrust, she was moaning steadily and holding on for dear life.
 
Reno let himself go once he was sure he wasn't hurting her. He caught her hands again and held them tightly over her head as he pumped his hips in a steady rhythm. His mouth covered hers and his tongue slid inside hungrily as she moaned. The bed bumped against the wall with his thrusts but he paid no attention to it, figuring they'd already made enough noise for the others to figure out what they were doing.
 
Lost in a haze of ecstasy, he broke the kiss and looked down at her flushed, impassioned face. “Missed you, gorgeous,” he panted.
 
“I missed you too,” Cissnei gasped in response.
 
~*********************************~
 
Sadie was looking up at the ceiling with a curious, worried expression on her little face as the noise from Reno's bedroom carried through to downstairs. Rude cleared his throat and tried to think of a way to explain to the child that the throaty moans and cries weren't sounds of pain.
 
“Don't worry,” the bald man said, “Your mother's okay.”
 
Elena smirked up at the ceiling in satisfaction as Cissnei's sharp moan of pleasure cut through the air. “By the sounds of it, she's more than `okay'.” Reno's answering, ragged cry made her giggle. “Reno too. Pay up, Rude.” She held out her hand to him expectantly. After she talked to them through the door, Rude had made a wager that her plan wouldn't work.
 
Rude grumbled under his breath and pulled out his wallet, counting out the gil. “So your scheme worked,” he muttered.
 
“Mmm-hmm,” Elena took the money and put it away in her wallet. “Everyone wins. Oh, except you.”
 
Rude sighed.
 
~***********************************~
 
-To be continued