Final Fantasy - All Series Fan Fiction ❯ moving on ❯ 2- not the kind of girl... ( Chapter 2 )

[ X - Adult: No readers under 18. Contains Graphic Adult Themes/Extreme violence. ]

Chapter 2: 'not the kind of girl...'

'She's not the kind of girl who likes to tell the world how she feels about herself.' -Garbage

<i>"I don't need an education, I learnt it all from you. They got me on some medication. My point of balance was askew."- Garbage, 'Medication'</i>



"OK, your turn, Irvine!" shouted a hysterical Selphie. "Fine, this one is to..... Zell." Irvine announced, after a thoughtful moment. Zell woke up from his daydream with a start- "..whuh?" "Zell.... Would you describe yourself as: A- straight, B- gay, C- bi?" Irvine asked with a sly grin. Quistis suppressed a bored sigh. Whenever the group of friends brought together by the Second Sorceress War played Truth or Dare, the questions were always uninventive and sometimes just plain dull- especially when Irvine was doing the asking. She watched listlessly as Zell blundered "Straight! Straight!" If she was asking the questions, she was sure she could think of a more cutting question than that.

The blonde SeeD came back to life with a jump as Zell directed his inquiry in her direction. "Quistis...is that your natural hair colour?" By Hyne, what was the point of that? [embarrass] came the sylphlike voice of Siren in the back of her mind. You're right, replied Quistis silently. I'm getting sick of these fucking stupid questions. Why do I bother? Siren giggled in her head.

With an enticing smile, Quistis looked Zell straight in the eyes. "Want to come over here and find out?" she countered. Zell blushed bright red and looked away, half-grinning in acknowledgement. "Guess I kinda asked for that..." But she was the only one who heard him. Selphie and Irvine were in the midst of a giant fit of giggles, Squall was staring ahead of him with his cerulean eyes in puzzlement, his forehead wrinkled slightly (he obviously hadn't got the joke) and Rinoa... she was giving Quistis a look that she obviously considered *bitchy*. Her face was wrinkled in an ugly squint of the eyes, which made her face look like a pasty, rubber beach ball. She suppressed an inner sigh and decided Rinoa would be the target for her question. "Rinoa, if you had to decide between getting a badly needed facelift and even more sorely needed breast implants, which would you choose?" Irvine inhaled sharply, his face alight with glee. "That's harsh, man, that's harsh!" Selphie suppressed a giggle before hastily assuming a disapproving look- "Quistis, that's really mean!" Zell- he was being a priss and looking shocked. And Squall? He had his old *cold* look back, his azure eyes seeming to stare right through her as he muttered audibly, "Always gotta put Rinny down." Rinny?! Hyne, that is fucking pathetic. Rinoa herself was silently fuming, mouthing foul phrases under her breath, which was just typical of the greasy-haired witch. Quistis grinned- to the others' eyes it looked twisted and sick, but inwardly she beamed- she had scored a point off Rinoa, an act that the squitty-eyed slut could rarely return.

"Okay, then, Quisty." Rinoa hissed. "Why don't you tell all of us why you don't ever date? Miss Oh-So-Perfect sweet and virginal instructor?" The teasing edge that had been present in Quistis' voice was absent- instead there was thinly veiled hatred and malevolence in Rinoa's biting rebuttal. Quistis recoiled in distaste as Rinoa let forth. "I guess you think you're so perfect, just because you have some perverted fan club who worship you- and you're just like, 'oh, well, I deserve it, for being such a goddamn perfect prodigy'. Well, you aren't anything special, though you make out how you're so hardworking, so selfless and sweet. I bet you're just a fucking slut who'll do anything to get a man. Well guess what?! You can't. Up until recently I bet you could have had anyone you wanted if you snapped your scrawny fingers. But oh no, you chose the best guy of the bunch and you said that he was no more than you deserved. And then, when you couldn't have your own way, you try and act like you never even wanted him! I can see right through you, you jealous fuck! Don't you ever act so superior, like you're above everyone else! I know you want my boyfriend! You're always putting me down! Well, see how you like it, you-you cunt...and don't talk to me about breast implants! You're the one who needs silicone tits, not me!" she added, almost as an afterthought.

The room was hushed, either in silent agreement or in sheer shock. Quistis sat with her head bowed for a few moments, her golden hair forming an impenetrable curtain hiding her face. Finally, after what seemed like an eternity spent there hugging her knees, she gazed up at her friends with tear-filled eyes. She managed to gulp and collect herself enough to whisper softly ".. I guess you really don't like me, huh, Rinoa?" then with a wry, sad smile picked herself up and hurried out of the room.