Final Fantasy - All Series Fan Fiction ❯ Omega Destinies ❯ Into the Storm ( Chapter 1 )

[ P - Pre-Teen ]

Into the Storm

By Krisis Conspire

"It's so beautiful up here!" Hanna exclaimed as she ran out to the shore with a precious treasure in her arms. "Look at that Devin," she whispered to her five month old baby as the waves crashed against the cliffs in the distance.

"Hanna, I bet he doesn't give a damn about the water."

"Shut up Carson!" she snapped back at her friend. Hanna loved nature. Whether it was the ocean, forest or even the dessert she was always happy to be outside. Though she had been raised in large cities, she was fond of the countryside and the quietness of the outdoors. "He loves it out here, I can tell. Isn't that right Devin?" she asked as he giggled at the loud sounds of the water.

It had been five months since Hanna-Kallie had given birth to her baby boy, and she was tired of being cooped up inside. She wanted to be free and away from the large buildings and loud sounds. With much hesitation, she had gotten her parents to let her go on a camping trip that her new friends were planning. Out in the middle of nowhere was where she liked to be.

But there was another reason that she wanted to go. She was going to meet him there, Devin's father. They had known each other for six years now, through all of Hanna's traveling from home to home. Her parent's jobs didn't leave her in one place for long and she loved having someone that visited her and kept in contact with her all the time. Three years ago they had began dating and now they had their own little boy. And to add to her present happiness, before she had found out that she was pregnant, he had proposed to her and the planned to get married soon after her eighteenth birthday.

Unfortunately, as of lately Hanna's parents have grown a certain dislike towards their daughter's boyfriend. They had never explained what had caused the change. Six months into her pregnancy they had forbid Hanna from seeing him and had moved again to ensure that they would stay apart. She had never told them about his proposal, instead she kept it secret hiding her ring from them. Their friends had planned this trip to give him a chance to see his son, and perhaps for a chance for the two of them to have some time to catch up with each other.

"Where's the tents?" came Lia's voice as she searched through their packs for their shelter.

"Hanna was supposed to bring them," replied Cameron. "Hey Hanna! Where are the tents?"

Giving her son to one of the other girls she quickly dashed back to the truck parked in the campsite lots to get the tents. She was carrying Devin and didn't want to be weighed down by anything so she had left them in their vehicle. As she ran back she stopped suddenly in mid step. She felt something in the air, something that alarmed her. Instinctively she looked to the sky and noticed that there was a large about of grey clouds forming around the campsite. Looking at the ground she saw a white mist beginning to circle around just above the soil.

"What the hell?" she exclaimed dropping her package. She could feel something getting closer and it scared her. The feeling started to fade away from her and seem to centre on the campsite. "Devin!" she exclaimed running as fast she could to the campsite. Hanna didn't know what it was but it felt it was going after her son. Suddenly the winds began to pick up greatly as she ran which made it harder and harder for her to run.

"Hanna!" called voice from the campsite when she finally reached it. It was Eric. He had finally arrived with his friends and was holding his son in his arms. The harsh winds had followed her there too. Everyone was trying to grab hold of something to trying to find some sort of shelter from the strong gales.

Shielding her eyes from the winds, she opened them to see that the mist was growing here too. Along with the winds, the mist soon engulfed the entire lakeshore and she could barely see anyone. She tried running to Eric's location but she couldn't move. Something was holding her back. Wisps of wind and mist had formed around her arms and legs preventing her from moving.

"What is going on here?" she wondered as she fought against the force. Suddenly she could feel the chains break and she fell to her knees. Opening her eyes, she noticed that the mist was gone and so were the winds. Looking up she saw that strangers surrounded her and were whispering amongst them. Many of them were dressed in strange clothing that she had never seen before. Straight ahead of her several characters staring at her. Two of them were dressed similarly and the others were different.

"Where the hell am I?" she thought as she rose to her feet alarmed. The location seemed eerily familiar to her, but she couldn't pinpoint it.

Suddenly the armoured male started to walk towards her. Hanna couldn't see his features clearly because it was so dark in the forest where she was. But one thing she could see for sure was that he was very tall. Perhaps a whole foot taller than her. Cautiously she waited for him to reach her. Surprisingly, he was only a few inches from touching her when he stopped.

She could see the colour of his eyes, as he looked her over. They were a mysterious shade of red. She had never seen someone with eyes like that before, she couldn't help but stare at them. Taking her by surprise, his eyes met hers. She couldn't move at all. With a gentle hand he turned her head slightly to the side until he could see the colour of her eyes more clearly.

In seeing the flicker of dark blue, he released her chin. "You have got to be kidding," he growled angrily. "Medwin!"

Upon hearing his name another older man scurried to the soldier. "Ye . . .yes von Liam sir?" Medwin cowered.

"What the hell is this?" he demanded referring to Hanna grabbing him by his clothes. "Is this some sort of joke?"

"Um . . . no. .Uh, what's the problem sir?"

"Look at her, she's all wrong!" he yelled.

"Excuse me?" Hanna snapped becoming offended. "What exactly is wrong with me?"

"We are going to try this spell again," the young man commanded the older sorcerer. Releasing him from his grasp he looked at some of the other soldiers who were waiting for commands. "Get rid of her," he commanded walking away not looking back at Hanna.

"What!" she exclaimed as she was grabbed by the arms. Fearing for her life she began to fight back.

Hearing the commotion behind him, the soldier stopped in his tracks. With a few swift moves, he had Hanna trapped. With his arm rapped around her neck and his other hand twisting her left arm back, she couldn't move. "It would be in your best interest not to resist," he warned her twisting her arm more.

She tried her best not to scream but to find a way out of his grasp. She was running out of air fast and was in extreme pain. Suddenly something had caught the aggressor's eye. Releasing her from his chokehold, he turned her around and moved part of her button up flannel top from her left shoulder. He saw her birthmark, which rested where her heart was. Frightened she began to back away.

"Elena!" he called to another girl who was dressed in blue. "Identify."

The girl closed her eyes and focused on Hanna. She remained this way for a while. After a few moments of silence she opened her eyes again. "I can't," Elena replied quietly.

"What do you mean you can't?"

"I do not recognize her aura."

"You have got to be kidding me," he groaned running a frustrated hand through his dark hair as he walked to his previous spot. "Then she isn't an Eliz?" he asked Elena calmly.

She looked at Hanna with her light blue eyes, then back at the young man. "She is definitely an Eliz, I'm just not sure who."

"Rhiannon . . . " he began looking at his sister who remained seated at a small table with cards scattered around when he felt a few pokes at his shoulder. Turning around he noticed that Hanna had walked up to them with a frustrated expression.

"Don't you walk away from me when I'm talking to you!" she screamed crossing her arms. "Now I want to know where I am!"

"Could you please be quite for five minutes while I figure this out?" he snapped turning back to his sister.

"Oh I'm sorry," she mocked suddenly letting out an ear-piercing scream that shook the entire forest.

"What the hell are you doing!" the young man exclaimed fighting the urge to throttle her.

"Guess I can't stay quiet for more than five minutes," Hanna replied tossing back a lock of black curls. "Now answer me!"

"Excuse me?" the soldier said, surprised at the girl's attitude.

"There is no doubt here," Rhiannon finally spoke up catching the quarrelling couple's argument.

Hanna looked at the girl with curiosity. She wasn't dressed like the rest of them; instead she dressed in a flowing gown. In front of her there were cards laid out that reminded her much of Tarot cards that people used. "Huh?"

Removing two cards from the top of her deck, she showed them to her brother before even looking at them. One card had a drawing of a strange winged being on it and the other had an intricate chalice with red liquid flowing from it. "She has the blood of the Ancients in her veins, she is the one you have summoned Ryen." Carefully she placed these two cards in the middle of a cross formation she had created with other cards. Pointing to each of the cards she explained their meaning. "This card shows that she is being deceptive," the mage told them referring to the top card. She explained that the cards on either side showed that she had importance to both the Eliz and the Veroca. Using both her hands, she moved the Elizan card to the left and the Verocan card to the right revealing two other cards underneath.

"What?!" Ryen and the other soldier exclaimed looking at the cards. They were exactly the same.

"Rhiannon, is there something wrong with your deck?" the soldier girl asked.

She simply shook her head in reply. "The cards have no set face, they form the image that we see when they see fit. These cards show who she has descended from," Rhiannon explained. "And this shows that she was not born in our world," she told her younger sibling as she showed him a card with a solar system on it. Rising to her feet, she introduced them all. "My name is Rhiannon von Liam, and this is my younger brother Ryen. Please excuse his irritability tonight; he has been under quite a bit of stress lately. This young lady," she said referring to Elena. " Is Elena Tsunari of the Eliz, and her trainer, Princess Makena van de Rosaro."

"A princess?" Hanna repeated in awe. She had never met a real live princess before.

"Just call me Makena," the soldier girl assured her.

"And you are . . .?" Rhiannon added suddenly. For a moment she hesitated looking around at the different faces that were staring at her. "It's alright, no one is going to hurt you because of your name."

"Hanna-Kallie Briannt," Hanna finally told them receiving several gasps from the crowd. She wrapped her arms around her uneasily; she never did like being outnumbered in a place she had never been before.

Rhiannon let out a small laugh. "Its quite alright Hanna-Kallie, they aren't going to do anything to you. Its just your names that has surprised them all."

"And what is wrong with my name exactly?" she wondered out loud.

"Nothing, its just that they both are sacred names here in Meya."

"Meya?" she repeated. Upon hearing that name she remembered something from her childhood. She knew exactly where she was.