Final Fantasy - All Series Fan Fiction ❯ One Thousand A.Z. ❯ Lost and Found ( Chapter 1 )

[ P - Pre-Teen ]

"I'm hungry," Tidus complained, and then he shivered, "and cold."

He sat miserably in the center of a circular room that appeared to be some sort of temple. He didn't really have any idea where he was, and he hadn't really cared at the moment. He was much more focused on surviving, since he was quite cold and he hadn't eaten for nine hours.

He decided to search for some tools to start a fire, and he hopelessly thought along the way, 'Stupid Auron. If he hadn't dragged me into whatever that thing was I wouldn't be freezing my ass off right now. What was that thing anyway? And what was that giant-fish thing that attacked me a little while ago? This place is wierd. I wonder where I am.'

He paused in his musings for a moment, as he found some flint. Now all he needed was some tinder. He thought he saw some dry flowers in a vase, on the other side of the hall, so he decided to head towards there.

After a few more minutes of walking, Tidus eventually did find some tinder and he headed back to the main room. Tidus thought he heard a noise that come from the circular room, so he stopped near the hall entrance.

He carefully dropped the tinder, and the flint, and he decided to eavesdrop on a conversation that was starting. He readied his sword, just in case these people might attack him, and he became slightly confused.

The people were speaking a different language, that he had never heard before. It didn't sound like anything to him at first, but then he slowly started to mentally catalog words that he heard.

Tidus instantly stopped and he focused his attention to the sounds of footsteps, that sounded like they were getting closer and closer. It sounded as if there were two pairs of heavy boots, and a pair of lighter boots, walking towards him. He prepared himself, just in case he need to take on three people, and he waited for them to turn the corner.

Tidus froze as he saw the people, and the first thought that entered his head was, 'what the hell are they wearing? Is there some sort of dress-up party around here?'

The three of them, two men and a young woman, walked the other way until one of them stiffened. He immediately turned around and pointed a rifle-like weapon at Tidus. The other two turned around when they saw their friend turn.

Tidus got a good look at the outfits, that the trio were wearing, as he put his hands up, in surrender. They three of them wore these red, and green, suits that looked like there was a million pockets on them. They three people, he noticed all had blond hair, and their yes were covered by a pair of goggles. Tidus thought that he might as well try to communicate with these people, so he said, "hi."

One of the gun-holders immediately cocked the rifle, and Tidus guessed that he must have said something wrong. The girl, who was standing in between the men, made a signal for the men to ease. She then responded, "what's your name, and why are you here?"

"Well, uh, my name's Tidus; and I'm here I guess because I was put here?" With the somewhat puzzled reaction he got from the girl, he continued, "Well, this giant monster-type thing attacked my city. Then I went through this whirlpool type of thing, and the I woke up outside of here. I jumped in the water to understand my surroundings, and then I was attacked by this giant fish thing. I swam as fast as I could and I made it in here, except that I was trapped in here."

"What was the name of the first monster?"

"Uh, I think it was something like 'Sin'- or something like that," Tidus hazily replied.

The two men immediately raised their guns again, and the girl tried to calm them down again. One word that Tidus did happen to hear from them was fiend, and he thought, 'What's a fiend?'

After a little bit of more arguing, in words that Tidus didn't understand, the girl spoke up again, "I'm Rikku. Come with us, please. We'll show you how to get out of here."

Tidus nodded, and he left with them. He couldn't help but wonder what language they were speaking, and where he was. He was also in slight envy of the girl, Rikku, since she is completely bilingual. He could tell that the two men didn't trust him though, and he decided to keep his mouth shut for the walk.

He was lead onto a ship, after a few minutes, and he wondered what these people were doing. He had noticed that a large crane hung on one side of the ship, while a harpoon gun was on the other side.

The two men walked off into the interior of the ship, while Rikku decided to wait for a few minutes. Tidus looked over at her and she seemed to be in deep thought. He decided not to bother her, so he looked at his surroundings.

The ship sat idle in a small area that seemed to be an old and unused dock, probably for the building from where they came. There was a heavy fog, and the weather was a bit chilly. He couldn't see too far ahead, but he did notice that this ship was docked on another side of the building. There was scattered rubble in the water, and the scenery looked similar; it's just that there were less buildings, that were destroyed, here.

"How did you get here again?" Rikku asked after a long bout of silence.

"I-I thought I told you," Tidus responded.

"Please be more specific."

"Well, okay," Tidus said nervously as he looked at her, "but I'm not sure if you're going to believe me."

Rikku mentally sighed as she thought, 'With the way our world's going...' and then she smiled, "Try me."

'Wonder why she blanked for a second,' Tidus thought, and then he began to tell his story so far.

I had been preparing for a Blitzball game, you know what that is right? Ok, good. Anyway, during the game I had jumped out of the water and into the air to make a shot. I saw a large amount of water, kinda like a tidal wave, was heading towards the stadium. I latched on to one of the bars above the stadium, and I found Auron there. Auron was my gaurdian after my father left and my mother died.

He helped me up and we were on one this highways, a large road basically, we fought these weird things on the bridge. I can't really describe them, but there was alot of them.

Auron said that we should take out the necessary ones and move on, and that's what we basically did. A really large one of those things came up in our path, but we killed it after a while without any real trouble.

This giant whirlpool kind of thing appeared in the sky as soon as we killed that thing. Things like the buildings and monsters were being sucked up in this whirlpool, and I was kinda shocked. Auron was calm though, and I kind of got the feeling that he somehow knew this was going to happen.

He said something like, "This is your story," and he was sucked up into the thing. I was sucked into that thing but that's all I remember about that. Anyway, I woke up on the other side of that building over there.

"Interesting story," Rikku responded after a minute of silence, "I-I think I believe you."

"You do?" Tidus asked, utterly perplexed.

"Are you hungry?"

"Oh, uh...yeah?"

"I'll be back with some food," and the girl entered the cabin a few meters away.

Tidus waited as patiently as possible and he was rewarded with some decent food when Rikku came back. As he ate, Rikku said to him, "We're going to to take you to Home okay?"

"Home? What's that?"

"It's where me and my people live. It's on Bikanel Island."

"Oh, okay. I'm not sure where Bikanel Island is, but that's okay. By the way, what was that language you spoke?" Tidus asked.

"That's my people's language, it's called Al-Bhed. I can teach you the language if you want."

Tidus smiled, "that'd be nice, thanks a lot."

"No problem, but you should get some rest soon. You look pretty worn out, and some sleep will do you some good," Rikku responded cheerfully, "We've got a room set up for you already. It's the furthest room in the right hall from the main cabin."

"Thanks a lot, I really can't express my gratitude. I appreciate your kindness."

"Again, don't worry about it. Anyway, I'm going to help the crew set up another excavation, that's why we're here in case you're wondering. You don't have to come along if you don't really feel like it."

"It's okay, I'll go with you guys. When is it?"

"Well," Rikku sighed and then she said in a softer voice, "the others don't really trust you yet. So, I don't really suggest that you come this time okay?"

"Well, okay, if you insist," Tidus said in a more solemn voice.

"Thanks," Rikku smiled.