Final Fantasy - All Series Fan Fiction ❯ Price for a Memory ❯ What Are You to Me? ( Chapter 26 )

[ X - Adult: No readers under 18. Contains Graphic Adult Themes/Extreme violence. ]
26.

“Zack?”

Silence, no response.

“Zack?”

“What is it Cloud?”

Cloud shifted uncomfortably on his feet while standing in front of Zack’s bed. Said raven haired SOLDIER had barely lifted his head off the pillow.

“Are you alright?”

“Uh huh. I just….can’t explain this….void in my mind. Like I have forgotten something very very important.”

“Tell me about it. I think something much more happened to us than mako injections.”

Zack, for the first time, leapt off of his bed.

“What?! You were there?!”

Cloud stumbled back a few paces while trying to come up with a response. “Y-yes I was! I woke up with the General unconscious in the bed next to mine. I was told I had an adverse reaction to the most recent strain of mako!”

“What? You’re right Spike. Its weird….why didn’t they tell me that you were involved too. I just know there’s something I have forgotten….what is it though….?”

“I’m going to try and sneak up to see the General. For some reason, a key card to his floor and indeed his apartment was in my back pocket….wonder why….?”

Zack seemed to ponder for a few minutes before walking shakily over to the window. “Ok, I don’t think it’s such a good idea given Sephiroth’s gruesome temper but, ok. If you think talking to him will help.”

Cloud nodded slightly before backing away from the now silent Zack.

Slowly, he pulled boots onto his feet, pocketed the key card and access codes for Sephiroth’s quarters and made his way to the door.

“Careful Cloud. I don’t wanna see you get hurt.”

“Of course.”

------

Sephiroth paced his room. Despite the niggling pain in the leg that he had broken, still he paced. Rest? Hah, something he never needed or required. Sleep was a privilege, if he so felt like granting it to himself.

Something just didn’t fit.

He scanned the documents he had not long been given by President ShinRa. That imbecile Reno was being drafted into his next mission with Zack to Nibelheim. Why would he be drafted? That boy was about as useful as a chocolate teapot.

On the other hand, the next document was granting a Cadet Strife’s removal from the mission. He, in turn was being put into the laboratories for the next 8 weeks. From what he could recall, this Strife fellow was a superb swordsman and the top of his class.

“This just doesn’t fit….what the hell is going on?”

Scratching his head, Sephiroth thumped the documents down atop his desk.

“I’ve never reacted badly to mako before….well, apart from my first dose….just like….”

He held a blond Cadet down on the table. Limbs thrashing about below him. Hips crashing into his. Covered arousal grating off his own. A swipe of a sword, a silver hair flutters to the floor. Hands crashing into Masamune, throwing it from his grip. A heated embrace.

“Ugh! What?!”

Clutching his head, his mind swam.

“C-Cadet Strife….C-Cloud Strife….”

“General?”

Said silver haired General spun on his heel. Who had the audacity to sneak into his room? Hell, who could even get into his room? He didn’t just hand out cards and access codes to his private quarters.

Greened up emerald eyes scrutinised the whelp who had snuck into his room. He made to grab Masamune when. “Stop!”

Frozen mid step. Sephiroth visibly recoiled.

“Strife?!”

His mind finally caught up with his body. Dropping his 7foot sword to the ground, he stepped back from the shorter blond.

“Are you alright Sir?”

“What the fuck? How did you get in here?!” Sephiroth spat as he once again edged towards the nervous Cadet.

“I-I had a Keycard and the access codes to both your floor and your room. You must have given me them.”

Sephiroth grabbed the boys wrists while shoving him backwards into the nearest wall. His grip on those wrists tightened. His mind swam again.

“When we fought each other both yesterday and today. I knew that….that….”

“That I would be yours.”

“Hmmm, not bad at all.”

“Say you can’t do this and I swear I will kill you.”

“Get off me Sephiroth.”

“I want to try something.”

Sephiroth shook his head as the fuzzy images invaded his senses. Unknowingly, the crushing grip on the blond’s wrists tightened.

Cloud sucked in a breath as his wrists started to pop. Bones began crunching as Sephiroth gripped his wrists tighter.

Blue eyes began turning, vivid green clouded the blond’s vision. Through ragged breaths, Cloud raised his legs tight into his body and thrust both booted feet into Sephiroth’s unprotected bare stomach.

“Fuck boy!” Sephiroth spat as he staggered back a few paces.

Cloud dropped to the ground and began rubbing his wrists.

“Will you talk to me Sephiroth?”

“Why would I talk to a Cadet?”

“I think I mean more to you than that. I know we knew each other better than this before those mako injections!”

“What? You were there?!” “Yes!”

“Reno said….it was just myself and Zack that had received the injections….how could you….”

“Zack said the same thing. I was there. I woke up with you on the bed beside mine. You were a wreck. You broke your left arm and right leg! I was there! I saw the mess we were in!”

Sephiroth opened his mouth to say something but abruptly snapped his mouth shut. Cloud’s eyes were misty with mako and filling up with tears.

“Calm down Cadet.” “Cloud.”

“No Cloud! Don’t dare die! Please!”

“Your freezing….”

“I thought you were Cloud’s friend?!….I will personally see you destroyed!”

“I’m sorry Cloud.”

“Sephiroth? Are you alright?”

Silver hair swept over his pale face as he shook his head again and again.

“Two weeks. I must leave. Two weeks. Nibelheim. I must leave.”

“What? Two weeks? What do you mean?”

“You, myself and Zack. We are leaving. I am seeing things. Awful things. I can hear voices. Your voice and mine. Your coming on this mission!”

Cloud stood up straight and backed away from the ranting General.

“What do you mean?”

“You were removed from the Nibelheim mission. I’m putting you back in. Of course I wont say to anyone. Not even Zack. You will not say a word. Hear me?”

Cloud nodded his head slightly. Utterly confused by Sephiroth’s vagueness.

“In the mean time. Go to the labs. You have been reassigned for the time being.”

“Ok Sephiroth.”

“Be careful. I don’t know why but I want you to be careful. I don’t remember much….I don’t remember anything….”

Cloud stopped at the door before looking over his shoulder at Sephiroth pacing back and forth.

“I do.”