Final Fantasy - All Series Fan Fiction ❯ Unknown Card - The Fated Meeting ❯ Chapter 3 – Defeat of the Best ( Chapter 3 )

[ Y - Young Adult: Not suitable for readers under 16 ]

Chapter 3 - Defeat of the Best
 
As the Ragnarok made its way toward the Deep Sea Research Lab, Quistis begin explaining the objective to the young people. “The Deep Sea Research Lab has been taken over by a group of Rebel Esthar soldiers. We have been authorized by President Laguna of Esthar to enter the Research Lab and expel the rebels by force. There will be four sets of two and one set of three as teams.” She just looked around, matching them up, before smiling. “You three will be with me. Each team has been assigned a SeeD member to accompany them in case they fail the mission. Know that the SeeD member will complete it if you fail.” She slowly looked at the three she was with, two girls and a young man the same age as Squall.
 
She slowly finished the briefing as the Ragnarok landed at the Deep Sea Research Lab. “Everyone move out. “ Quistis said slowly, watching all the other teams disappeared and then looking over at the girls who where ready, but the young man, who did not seem to move. “Allen,” she said, “Do you not want to take the test? We must go now.” He just nodded and stood up, grabbing his Gunblade and following his team down the embank.
 
After a few hours his team consented of only him and Quistis, she had sent the girls back because they had became very injured because of rare monsters that somehow had made it on the Research Lab. But it was not the fact that they where attacked by Ruby Dragons that worried her, it was the fact Allen had defeated both of them in one hit of his Gunblade. “We should be arriving where we believe their command center is. Stay here while I scout ahead.” She said while he nodded and took up a defensive position. Quistis slowly made her way to the setup Command Center finding the others already there waiting on her.
 
“What took you so long? We have been waiting for 2 hours.” Squall said looking at her. But she just looked at him and shook her head, “We where attacked by Ruby Dragons, two of them to be exact.” Squall shifted pulling out his Gunblade but she stopped him, “No need they where defeated.” Squall looks at her, “You managed to defeat two Ruby Dragons alone?” She slowly shook her head, “No Squall. The young man with me, Allen, took them both out with a single hit.” Squall looks shocked, but regains himself, “That's impossible, not even I can do that.” Quistis looks at him, “I think Allen is the one who beat Seifer, but we need to test him to find out. Did you bring the others?”
 
Squall nodded, “Yes. Laguna, Ward, and Kiros are standing by and ready. Why do you ask?” She looks at Squall, “It may take all nine of us to defeat him. We will have to see. I will bring him, you all get ready.” She walks off as the others ready for battle.
 
Allen slowly approached the others standing near the reactor, his black hair blew in the air as his weapon was ready at his side, still stained from the battle with the Ruby Dragons. His blue eyes looked very closely at the six who stood before him as he measured each one of them up, he slowly took his hand and pointed at Squall and said, “Shall we begin? I know you're here to test me.” Allen's SeeD uniform seemed to glow a soft blue as he wait for Squall's answer.
 
Squall simply looked at the young man standing before him, as he drew his Gunblade, the fabled “Lionheart”, “If that is what you wish,” Squall said before running toward Allen launching multiple attacks. The others simply watched on as their Gunblades met causing sparks to fly every direction, neither seemed to be gaining or losing ground until Allen planted a stern knee into Squall's stomach sending him backwards. Taking that as his cue, Zell threw himself into the fray, sending punch after punch towards Allen, but unable to connect.
 
Allen watched each one of Zell's punches miss him as he jumped back, spinning his Gunblade around before slamming it into the ground. This shocked Zell temporary which is all Allen needed to mimic Zell's moves and launch them against him. Zell attempted to dodge the attacks but they where too fast as a quick uppercut sent Zell flying ten feet into the air and then landing with a thud against the solid ground, as Allen simply jumped back to his Gunblade, eyeing the others.
 
Squall by this time had managed to his feet with the help of his Gunblade and Rinoa. Squall looked over at Zell then back to Allen, “You have not defeated us yet,” Squall said and with that they all drew there weapons as Zell stood back up. Allen looked at this and a smirk came across his face, as he spoke, “Then give me all you got.” After speaking he began to hold his hand out while twirling his Gunblade in the air.
 
They could see that this would be a major attack and decided it would be best to stop it before it got any further. Squall drew his Gunblade again as he, Rinoa, Quistis, Zell, Selphie, and Irvine charged Allen. Allen watched before a grin came across his face as he disappeared for a second as the others looked around for him. Squall's Gunblade was knocked from his hand as he is kicked in the stomach, causing the wind to be knocked out of him. Then out of no where, Squall is knocked through the solid wall into another room, as he hits the ground and doesn't move.
 
“I have just begun…” Allen's voice is heard to say as all of a sudden Zell is hit with an uppercut that sends him into the room above them, as it is quiet for a minute until another loud crash is heard when Zell is heard landing next to Squall. The others simply look around watching for the next attack, as Irvine is stripped of his weapon as a fist hits his jaw, sending him sliding across the ground.
 
“Three down…Three to go…” Allen's voice is heard again to say. Selphie, Rinoa and Quistis now stand back to back as suddenly Rinoa is picked up and tossed into a wall. As she slides down the wall, Allen can be seen picking her back up, tossing her into the air and delivering a kick to her stomach that makes her cry out in pain as she hits the ground. Allen simply smirks at this as he lifts her up again and then time kicks her through the wall causing her to land next to Squall.
 
Allen slowly begins to laugh as he disappears again as Selphie and Quistis look around for him. “What is wrong? Can't see me? Well…here I am!” Allen laughs as he states that and appears behind Selphie as he knees her in the back, causing her to fall to the ground. He suddenly picks her back up and roundhouses her into a wall, as a loud cracking sound is heard. She then hits the floor and doesn't move.
 
“And then there was just one. Isn't that right Quistis…” Allen says as he appears in front of her. Quistis looks at him, snapping her weapon towards him as he catches it, ripping it from her hand. She looks at him and calmly states, “You have won, this is enough.” Allen laughs at her comment, as she catches a look at his eyes, they are not his normal soft blue eyes, but evil and red. “I say when this is over!” He shouts as he charges her and she barely dodges in time. He begins to open up a flurry of attacks with his Gunblade each one barely missing her, as suddenly he disappears.
 
Quistis looks around trying to figure out where he has gone to, as all of a sudden Allen appears in front of her. He quickly grabs her by the throat and lifts her up off the ground, as she tries to fight herself free. “You shall join the other weaklings over there.” He says, as a simple smirk comes across his face. She begins to fight less and less, as she is unable to breath, slowly being killed. He looks into her soft eyes and suddenly releases his grip dropping her to the ground.
 
As Quistis lay on the ground hurt from the attack, she could feel herself about to pass out. She tries to stand up one last time, as she suddenly falls to toward the ground, being caught by Allen, as he sets her on the ground gentle, quietly whispering to her “Everything will be alright my Queen.” She watches as he stands up and is tackled by Ward as she passes out.