Final Fantasy - All Series Fan Fiction ❯ Unknown Card - The Fated Meeting ❯ Chapter 5 – The Escape Plan ( Chapter 5 )

[ Y - Young Adult: Not suitable for readers under 16 ]

Chapter 5 - The Escape Plan
 
As Quistis quietly entered the Garden and made her way to the storage room, thoughts kept crossing her mind, telling her what she was doing was crazy. She would no longer be a SeeD if she did this but a criminal just like him. She kept looking for the box with his stuff in it, she didn't care if she lost her right and rank as a SeeD, she had to help him and maybe even escape with him.
 
Quistis came looking through boxes until she came to Allen's box, she slowly opened it and found locked containers, but as soon as she touched one it slowly opened revealing a weapon case. She slowly opened the weapon case and found an exact mimic of her weapon, she slowly picked it up and snapped it a few times and came to a understanding it was a better version of her weapon.
 
She looked back down to the case and saw a small book. She slowly reached down and picked it up, running her hand over the cover as she realized it had her name on it. She slowly opened it as she saw a picture fall to the ground, she knelt down to pick up the picture and slowly looked at it and was shocked at what she saw. It was a picture of her and the young man at some type of ball. This picture proved to her he was telling the truth.
 
She looked at the book in her hands and slowly begins to flip through it as she read some posts her other self had made into it. One post read, “We lost 200 men today in an attack by Laguna's forces. Good thing Allen showed up when he did, he pushed them back and captured Laguna. But something troubles him, I have not told him how I feel about him, but I do know how he feels about me. His reasoning is that I should not show feelings toward him as it might be a sign of weakness. I've tried to explain to him that it is not, but he cares for nothing but protecting me at any cost.”
 
She slowly flipped the pages of the book to the second to last entry. “The empire is falling apart, all of the Garden's forces have invaded. Allen has been fighting for 3 days solid to keep them off of the Royal Palace while a spell is being weaved by some magic users. But I fear that it will not last long, Allen has been planning an escape route for me. He has found a way to let us cross over into another reality, which will give us time to regroup. If his idea is successful, it will save the empire, if it isn't, then I know he will protect me to his last breath.”
 
Quistis slowly wiped her eyes as she turned the page to the last entry. “The Garden's forces have breached the Palace and hold everything but the chamber areas. The last of my guards are holding there ground, but it is not enough. Allen was very badly hurt earlier today when blocked a magical attack meant for me. He has not even woken up, therefore I have decided that he should be the one to live. The mages tell me that the spell is ready, but it will only take one person. If Allen was awake he would make me take it, but I can not. I have imparted everything on Allen about SeeD. I shall use the portal and send him away so that he may live. I hope one day he will realize I did this to protect him and because I love him.”
 
Quistis slowly closed the book and looked at the ground. She had finally understood why he protected her. He loved her and didn't want anything to happen to her as it did with his Queen. She then looked at the final box as she picked it up and sat it on the ground as she slowly opened it. Inside was a suit she had never seen and a note sat on top of the suit, she slowly picked up the note and read it. “This is the only case Allen can't open, only someone who shares the same blood as me. If you're reading this then you have met him and wish to save him. The suit in here was one of the greatest advancements we had, it will allow the wearer to stealth into any encampment, even those with GFs and get whatever they need out of it. It will also protect two people with stealth but will burn out after 5 minutes if that function is used. Good Luck.”
 
Quistis slowly sat the note down, trying to understand how the note knew what she was planning. She just thought for a minute and wondered if an unknown force was guiding her. She shook her head quickly, and then started to put the suit on, knowing she must hurry and get to where Allen was being held. As she slowly used the suit to sneak out of the Garden and toward where the GF was, she began to think. She knew she had passed the point of no return and what if she didn't make it in time. What if he still died after she saved him.
 
She shook her head not having time to think bad thoughts like that as she quickly and quietly made her way to the camp. She could see the table they had him strapped to and the barrier around him. She slowly looked around and did not see the others, she slowly walked to the table, attempting to find some type of control panel to let him free as she heard voices and footsteps heading her way. Allen slowly turned his head toward her directions as his eyes open and closed, she could tell he had been drugged, to most likely ease the pain.
 
Quistis kept looking and found a control panel, then begin hitting buttons in an attempt to open it. She was able to get the barrier down and to free him, but it set off an alarm as she helped him up. “Allen listen to me, I am going to get us out of here, but I need you to focus,” she said softly. Allen just looked into her eyes and smiled, “My Queen you must save yourself, my life is not as important as yours. You must live in order to save everyone from the evil that followed me through the Time Portal.”
 
Quistis just put his arm around her shoulder and turned on the suit's 2 person cloaking feature and began to run with him. “Listen to me Allen, we both must live and get far away from Garden as possible. They will chase us, but I know a place where we can hide.” She held on to him tightly as they ran toward the Town of Balamb. As they reached the town the suit began to short out.
 
They stopped for a minute, long enough for Quistis to remove the suit and destroy it. She quickly took his arm around her should again as they quickly headed to the Train Station. When they arrived she quickly brought tickets for them on the next train away from Balamb. She knew it wouldn't take Squall and company long to catch up with them. So she had to quickly get him to a safety house she had owned. They quickly boarded the train and entered the cabin SeeD used. She had sent his weapon and her improved weapon by courier earlier to be stored in the SeeD room.