Final Fantasy - All Series Fan Fiction ❯ Unknown Card - The Fated Meeting ❯ Chapter 8 – Fight on the Bridge ( Chapter 8 )

[ Y - Young Adult: Not suitable for readers under 16 ]

Chapter 8 - Fight on the Bridge
 
They slowly walked down the tracks, they had so far been walking for over a week. Each way Quistis looked she just saw more tracks and ocean. She could barely keep up with Allen, but he stopped to allow her to rest often while he tried to catch them some food. Quistis couldn't help but almost blush each time he looked her way, the night in the cave was still fresh on her mind.
 
Allen suddenly stopped as he saw something over head, “Damn, we've been spotted. Nothing we can do about that now, they will have to land at FH then head our way.” He said softly. No sooner then the words left his mouth he saw the Ragnarok fly past them very slow, as people jumped out of it. “Quistis we have to double time it, we will be attacked soon.”
 
She nodded as she started to run with him, but they soon stopped as they saw the way in front of them was none other then Squall and company. “Well if it isn't Squall…” Allen smirked as he spoke, Squall drew his Gunblade, “Quistis Trepe, Allen Chere you're both under arrest!” He said eyeing them both.
 
Allen drew his Gunblade ready to fight as Quistis opened up the case and pulled out her weapon, which he smirked too, “As you can see we are ready to fight, if you're ready to fight bring it…” Allen said. Squall took off towards Allen as Allen charged towards him as they met in the middle and began to fight.
 
Their Gunblades met and produced sparks with each swing. Allen quickly kneed Squall in the stomach, knocking his Gunblade to the ground, before punching him and sending him sliding along the tracks. At that time Zell charged Allen, while Rinoa charged Quistis.
 
“You again? Didn't you learn at the Research Center?” Allen spoke as he dodged each of Zell's punches and slammed his Gunblade into the ground suddenly charging Zell, mimicking his punches, and then quickly kicks him in the head, knocking him toward the others.
 
Quistis dodged Rinoa's attacks, but was getting weaker by the second. Rinoa looked at Quistis and spoke, “Please give up before your hurt.” Quistis shook her head no and counter attacked. This counter attack surprised Rinoa and she quickly retreated back as Quistis stood back to back with Allen, “I hate to say anything right now Allen, but there are SeeD both ways.”
 
Allen nodded, “I saw that. Well I doubt either one of us can fight them all off. But FH isn't far, I will clear you a path and you follow it ok?” Quistis nodded, then remembered the dream, those where his exact words in the dream, she turned to tell him but he was already charging to make a path. She quickly picked up the case and took off after him, as she watched him disable and knock SeeDs in the water left and right until only Squall stood in front of him.
 
Squall looked at Allen who stood before him, “Allen it's over. Even if you get past us, Laguna's forces won't allow you into Esthar.” Allen laughed at this remark, “I don't care about getting into Esthar. And since you refuse to get out of my way I will have to disable you.” He quickly ran toward Squall as Quistis ran past them both, when she was far enough way she turned around and watched the battle.
 
Allen and Squall's Gunblades just met and caused a fury of sparks, but the odds quickly became in Squall's favor as Zell and Rinoa had arrived to fight with Allen also. He dodged there attacks, but in a second of not paying any attention, Squall launched his Gunblade toward Allen. Allen turned as he suddenly looked down and saw Squall's Gunblade had entered his body and his blood was slowly dripped to the ground. His eyes looked toward Quistis as he had seen she stopped, and then he shook his head for her to keep running.
 
Quistis just dropped the case, drawing out her weapon as she quickly ran back toward him, tears in her eyes. She arrived a few feet from where the others seemed to be in shock at what happened. She could tell Squall didn't mean to do that as she ran up pushing him out of the way and kneel down next to Allen, her voice softly speaking to him, “Please don't leave me...” That is all she managed to mutter as a loud noise appeared toward the direction of FH as three cars came flying down the tracks toward them opening up fire on the SeeD members, who quickly retreated.
 
The cars stopped less then 2 feet from Quistis as the door opened and someone she never expected stepped out, speaking to her “We should get him back to FH. He's badly hurt and SeeD is regrouping right now.” She watched as the man picked him up and put Allen in the car and she got in with them and watched as they drove off toward FH with top speed.
 
“Thank you” Quistis said softly looking at the young man, he then quickly spoke “It was nothing. I'm working for President Laguna, he's the one who ordered me to save him.” Quistis was surprised by this fact and she spoke quickly again, “As long as you're on a different side as Squall then? Is that your reasoning Seifer?” Seifer shook his head no as he looked at her, “No. This young man kicked my ass like it was nothing. That proves there is much I still need to learn.”
 
Quistis didn't speak again as she could see the cars turning into FH and heading into a ruined looking building before stopping. Then she saw it begin to get dark as the car drove again. She realized they where entering an underground base that was under Esthar control. She figured that was the best way they knew how to hide and the best place to get him help.