Final Fantasy - All Series Fan Fiction ❯ Unknown Card - The Fated Meeting ❯ Chapter 9 – The News ( Chapter 9 )

[ Y - Young Adult: Not suitable for readers under 16 ]

Chapter 9 - The News
 
Quistis had been walking around this underground base for about five weeks now. Allen had not awaken from his wounds yet and she began to worry he would never wake up. She watched as Seifer walked up and spoke to her for the very first time since he saved them both. “Listen, my group is working under Laguna's Orders unofficially of course. Laguna's official position is that of assisting SeeD in the capture of both you and Allen,” he said without any form of emotion.
 
Quistis nodded as she suddenly didn't feel so good, as she grabbed the wall to support her. Seifer just watched this then spoke, “You should see one of the doctors here before we move you both again. We will be moving into Esthar soon.” Seifer said as he walked off. She slowly made her way to where the doctors had Allen hooked up to machines. She smiled softly knowing he was still alive as she began to feel sick again.
 
She quickly ran to the bathroom and came out a few minutes later as one of the doctors entered the room. She asked him to check her to see if she was sick, and the doctored agreed. After some basic questions and drawing of blood, he told her the results would take a few hours. That she should rest and try to get some sleep that Allen would be fine and might even wake up soon.
 
Quistis laid down in the bed next to Allen as she dozed off. Rumors began to spread around the base was the results of her test where found out. Seifer asked them were they sure the doctors assured him they tested her blood six different times and they all said the same thing. He just nodded and entered where she was, and was surprised to see her up.
 
“We got the results of your test back,” He said while looking at her, she quickly turned and looked at him, before speaking, “Just tiredness right? Because I have been worrying myself to death,” she spoke softly. He slowly shook his head no before speaking, “No that's not it, here,” he said handing her the results of the test.
 
She slowly opened up the results, falling against the bed while she read them, “This has to be a mistake. Please tell me it is…” She looked over to Allen for a second then back to Seifer. He shrugged as he spoke, “They said they tested it six times and got the same result. I am going to assume by the results it surprises you. And I will also assume by what the results say that he is responsible?”
 
Quistis slowly looked over to Allen who was still asleep. She hoped that he would wake up soon, so she could share with him what she just learned. She was unsure if he would be happy or upset. She sat down quietly next to him and just looked at him for a few hours. She then took his hand and spoke softly, “When you wake up I have news to share with you...” she laughed abit when she said that, she couldn't even believe the news.
 
Quistis smiled as Allen seemed to slowly come to, his eyes slowly opening. “I feel like I was hit by a train…” He said softly looking up at her, smiling abit. She had tears coming down her face as she realized he was going to be ok. “I'm so glad you're awake!” she says quickly hugging him. He smiled and looked at her, and saw a piece of paper in her hands. “What's that,” he said softly.
 
She looked up at him, unsure if she should tell him or not, but decides to. “Allen, I need to tell you something important,” she looked at him softly smiling as she kept speaking, “I wasn't feeling good earlier, so the doctors ran some tests. They got back some results that are a little shocking.” Allen managed to sit up and looks at her, “Are you ok? Is everything ok?” he said softly.
 
Quistis nodded and smiled, before she spoke, “Yes everything is fine. But this news is good I think. For the past five weeks you have been sleeping I've felt tired and unable to do much. I thought it was because of all that has happened. It seems that I…” She stops and looks at him, crying abit, not because she's sad, but happy in a way. She speaks again, “I'm pregnant,” she says looking at him softly as he looks over her way.
 
He seems to blink a few times and looks at her, before speaking “Are you sure?” She nodded and reminds him of the six times they tested her blood as she stands up and walks away from him abit, and speaks “I'm sorry, I didn't mean to burden you with anything like that nor do I mean…” She is stopped in her tracks as he spins her around kissing her lips softly, smiling.
 
Then he speaks, “Well that just means we have more reason to get away. We must get away.” She nodded softly and just held on to him tightly, wondering what will happen to them.