Final Fantasy - All Series Fan Fiction ❯ Until The Day I Die: A Squikku and Tiduna Story ❯ Midnight Visit ( Chapter 3 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

CHAPTER 3: MIDNIGHT VISIT


"Today's gonna be hell." Lulu said, as her, Yuna, and Rikku walked down the hall to their class.

"Why's that, Lu?" Yuna asked. Today was like any other day. They were arguing with the guys and practicing with their new weapons and powers. Why would today be any worse?

Lulu sighed, tilting her head to a notice posted on the school billboard for all students going on their 'important' missions.

Yuna walked up to the paper and began reading it aloud:

"Dear Besaid High Students going on the missions:

It is very important that you and your partner bond and plan a strategy tonight. You should probably set a time with your partner, to meet somewhere to practice your skills and strategize.
-Good Luck, Mr. Omni

"See what a mean? Hell, we're all in hell." Lulu said, hating that her partner was Wakka of all people.

"Aw, c'mon, Lulu!" Rikku smiled, "it's gonna be fun! We get to kick some major fiend booty, Yuna gets to be with her crush Tidus..."

Yuna looked at them in shock, turning red, "WHAT?! I DO NOT LIKE TIDUS!"

Lulu and Rikku smiled at eachother then at her, "Right." They said.

"I don't!" Yuna stuttered, "I m-mean he's c-cute b-b-ut..."

Rikku quirked an amused eyebrow at her nervous cousin, "Yeah, Yeah, Yunie, we know. It's too bad, you're gonna have to be with him tonight..all alone!"

Yuna flushed a darker red and almost fainted until she saw the center of their conversation walking towards them.

"Hey, Yuna," Tidus smiled, "You get the memo?"

"I...uh...er..." "She just read it, Chocobo-hair. And she'll meet you at your place, tonight at 8. Got it?" Rikku asked, placing her hands on her hips. Yuna just stood still, staring dumbly at Rikku, "I'll what?!"

"Ok, cool." Tidus said, smiling at Yuna, "and Rikku, stop calling me Chocobo-hair!"

"Got it." Rikku smiled, saluting as Tidus shook his head and walked away.

"RIKKU!" Yuna shrieked, once Tidus was gone, "His house? At 8?! TONIGHT?!"

Rikku shrugged, ignoring Yuna's beet red face, "That's what I said, isn't it?"

"Oh my god! I'm gonna kill you!" Yuna yelled, as Lulu held her back.

Rikku smiled, "You can't kill me. I'm your favoritest cousin. Plus you'll need me to pick out clothes for your little date tonight."

Yuna sighed, calming down and turning her original color, "I'm sorry..it's just...why'd you choose such a late time?"

Rikku thought a moment, "I have no idea." She shrugged, "Oh well. Let's get to class, shall we?"

"You're very calm for a girl who just got her lunch gil stolen." Lulu smiled, looking down at Yuna.

"Huh..." Yuna patted her pockets to find her gil gone, "RIKKU, GET BACK HERE!"

LUNCH

Rikku, Yuna, and Lulu sat at their usual table in a far corner. It's been three weeks in the school year but they still haven't bothered to talk to anyone who they didn't need to.

"When ya meeting Wakka, Lu?" Rikku asked, mixing her Choco Milk.

Lulu looked angry at the mention of Wakka, "He told me to meet him at his house. Jerk."

Yuna smiled, handing Rikku salad dressing, "Come on, Lu, he is the one in charge."

Lulu rolled her eyes, looking at the guy's table. It was crowded with barely-dressed girls and Blitzball players. Squall was talking to Calli again, Tidus discussing his Blitzball strategies, as Wakka tried to charm another girl.

"And you?" Yuna asked Rikku, playing with her noodles.

"I put a note on Squall's locker." Rikku answered, also glancing at the other table, "he better have got it or I swear to Bob I'm gonna kill him!"

"She told him to meet her at her house at 6." Lulu said, "5 gil he forgets and doesn't show."

"You're on." Yuna smiled, shaking Lulu's hand.

"Hey!" Rikku yelled, glaring at them, "No making bets on how forgetful my partner is!"

"Sorry, Rikku." They smiled.

7:48 P.M.

'Well I'll be a chococbo's uncle, Lulu was right!" Rikku thought angrily, looking at her watch. 'FINE! If he won't come to me I'm going to him.'

Rikku pulled on some shorts and a little yellow tee, and walked out her house (more like snucked out because she didn't want Cid to know she was going to a boy's house.)

'Crap.' She remembered Lulu and Yuna took the only chocobos to go meet up with their partners.

Rikku glared off into the distance, 'He lives all the way in Bevelle! That's a three hour walk! This is why I told him to meet me! Once I get to his house I'm gonna kill him!...Oh well, it'll be a good workout. And I got my daggers if I run into any trouble on the way.' She thought as she began walking in the night towards Bevelle.

SQUALL'S HOUSE

'Phewy! I made it!' Rikku sighed, almost collaspsing on his porch. 'Can't show we're weak, Rikku. If he finds you in this condition he'll tease you.' Rikku straightened herself and knocked on the door confidently.

"Coming." A man opened the door, he had long brown hair and green eyes, "Hello." He smiled, "I'm guessing your here for Squall?"

Rikku looked up at him in shock, 'Oh my god. It's Laguna Loire! This must be Squall's dad!' "Uh...yeah, I'm here for Squall." Rikku said, pulling Laguna into a hug, "My name's Rikku! I'm very pleased to meet you!"

Laguna stood still, in shock, "Uh...back at ya....you're very friendly huh?"

Rikku released him, blushing a little, "Uh, is Squall here? He was suppose to meet me..."

"He forget another date?" Laguna asked, "I tell you that boy....SQUALL GET DOWN HERE! YOUR GIRLFRIEND RIKKU IS HERE!"

Rikku looked at Laguna in shock, "Oh no..I'm not his..."

"Rikku?" Squall asked, walking up to them, "she ain't my....oh shit! I forgot!"

Rikku placed her hands on her hips, giving Squall an angry look, "Got that right, buster! You're lucky I don't knock your lights out right now!"

"Fiesty one." Laguna whispered to Squall. Squall glared at him then looked back at Rikku.

"Uh...sorry about that. Go up to my room. It's the first door to the right. I'll be up there in a minute."

"Gotcha!" Rikku smiled, slipping past Squall and Laguna and skipping up the stairs.

"She's a perky little one huh?" Laguna asked, "Kind of different from the other girls you date."

"I ain't dating her. We have to do a mission together." Squall replied, running his hand through his hair, "Wait a mintue...did you see a car pull up or anything?"

Laguna thought a moment, "No..."

"Is there a chocobo out there?"

"Nope, none. She must've walked."

"That's a three hour walk!" Squall said angrily.

"And who's fault is that that she had to walk?"

"...Rikku! I'm gonna kill you!" Squall yelled, running upstairs, ignoring Laguna's last comment.

SQUALL'S ROOM

"Why you yelling at me?!" Rikku yelled, "You're the one that was suppose to meet me! If it wasn't for you I wouldn't have to walk! So stop being such a....big...MEANIE!"

"Meanie?!" Squall asked angrily, "Do you not know what's out there at night, Rikku?! There's fiends!"

"I know that!" Rikku replied, stepping on her tip-toes to match Squall's height, "I've been fighting fiends since I was 5! I know how to handle myself!"

"I know that!" Squall yelled, leaning down to Rikku's height, "but you were with others! Plus there's more then one kind of fiend I'm talking about!"

Rikku backed away from him alittle because they were getting too close, "What are you talking about?" She asked confused.

"Men! Perverts! Rapist!" Squall explained pointing to Rikku's attire, "and your not exactly dressed appropriately."

"Ugh!" Rikku gasped, offended, looking down at her attire, "now you're going too far, Mister! Leave my clothes out of this! Plus...I brought my daggers!"

"Oh yeah, that's gonna stop a crowd of horny men from holding you down and..."

"That's enough!" Rikku yelled, covering her ears, "If all you wanna do is argue, then I'm leaving!" She stormed towards his door.

"Rikku!" He yelled, grabbing her by the wrist, "you're not walking again!"

"Watch me!" Rikku sneered, pulling out of his grasp as she heard a loud thunder clap and the lights went out.

Rikku yelped and ran to Squall, hugging him tightly, "Nononononono! It's gonna thunder! It's gonna thunder! I...can't...MAKE IT STOP!"

Squall looked down at Rikku in shock, wasn't she just arguing and yelling at him a little while ago? Why was she all of a sudden clutching onto him like her life depended on it. Rikku began to shiver so he wrapped his arms around her comfortingly.

"It's ok, Rikku...it's just thunder..." They heard another loud clap of thunder and saw lightning flash.

Rikku jumped, squeezing Squall tighter, "It's not just thunder, Squall!" She cried, "It's thunder and lightning and loud noise and...and...bright lights....and..."

"Shh." He said, running his hand through her hair, "I'll just drive you home ok?"

She looked up at him in shock, tears filling her eyes, "Drive me home?! I'm not going out there!"

Squall looked at her then around his room. "Fine..." He sighed, sensing that the next thing he was about to say, he'd regret, "you can stay here tonight. Ok?"

Rikku tensed for a moment, then relaxed and nodded her head, "Kay, but I need something to wash out the noise..."

"I know." Squall said, walking towards his radio, but he stopped when he realized that Rikku was still attached to him. "Uh, Rikku, can you let go for a little while?"

"Hu, Palyica ev E mad ku drah E'mm tea. (No, because if I let go then I'll die.)" Rikku muttered into his shirt, gripping him tighter.

Squall sighed, not knowing exactly what she said, but he knew it meant she wasn't gonna let go anytime soon. Plus she had a good grip on him, causing his back to hurt alittle. He really needed to study Al Bhed if he was gonna be working with this girl.

"Fine." He said, moving Rikku with him to his radio. He pulled out a CD and placed it in the radio, turning it on.

"The electricity's out," Rikku said, watching what he was doing, "how is that gonna work?"

"It runs on batteries, Ms. Know-It-All." Squall replied, turning the song up so that it covered the loud noise of the thunder.

Every time we lie awakeAfter every hit we takeEvery feeling that I getBut I haven’t missed you yetEvery roommate kept awakeBy every sigh and scream we makeAll the feelings that I getBut I still don't miss you yetOnly when I stop to think about itI hate everything about youWhy do I love youI hate everything about youWhy do I love you
"This song is depressing." Rikku said, calming down alittle, well, at least to stop squeezing Squall.

"Depressing?" Squall asked, shocked, "this is Three Day's Grace! This song is great!"

Every time we lie awakeAfter every hit we takeEvery feeling that I getBut I haven’t missed you yetOnly when I stop to think about itI hate everything about youWhy do I love youI hate everything about youWhy do I love youOnly when I stop to thinkAbout you, I knowOnly when you stop to thinkAbout me, do you knowI hate everything about youWhy do I love youYou hate everything about meWhy do you love me

"The songs talking about some big meanie guy who doesn't like his girlfriend!" Rikku said, pulling down the curtains cautiously, not wanting to see the lightning.

"He says he loves her." Squall shrugged, "let me guess, you like those little teeny-bopper songs. Talking about love and romance?"

Rikku smiled brightly, "Yup! Aren't they great!?"

I hateYou hateI hateYou love meI hate everything about youWhy do I love you

"Yes!" Squall said jumping up, "because everytime I hear them I just wanna run outside and dance in the sunshine!"

"Exactly..." Rikku stopped, realizing his sarcasm, "You're not funny."

Squall smiled, sitting back down. At least she was faster than Wakka at noticing his sarcasm, "Really? I've been told I can be a comedian."

"You can't, because you're not funny and you're not very nice or sociable." Rikku said with an attitude.

"You sound like my therapist," Squall said, pulling out a notepad and a pen, "And you have an attitude problem."

Rikku hit him in the arm, "Do not!" She yelled.

"Ouch." Squall said, rubbing his arm, "you hit like a girl."

"Well, duh!" Rikku said, sitting next to him, "Time to work on the mission plans?" She asked, looking at the notepad.

"Yup," He looked at her, "but first..." He stood up, pulling her up with him, "hit me."

Rikku stared at him like he was crazy. Was he actually giving her permission to punch him? Something wasn't right..."Why?" She asked curiously.

Squall shrugged, "I wanna see if you're a good fist fighter just incase..."

"Incase what?!" She asked angrily, "I get 'attacked' by some fiends and I don't have my daggers to protect me?"

"No, incase you get 'attacked' by horny men and can't protect yourself." Squall corrected, "now let me see how you punch."

"What are you?! My defense teacher? Plus I showed you how I punch!"

"You hit me in the arm. That doesn't count."

"How bout I 'hit' you a little lower?" Rikku asked, getting ready to punch him.

"No!" Squall said, protecting the area she was aiming at, "the face! Just do it, I'm letting you."

Rikku thought a moment, this was a good opportunity to get back at him for talking about the way she dressed. Plus, if she was lucky she can give him a black eye and tell Lulu, Yuna, Tidus, and Wakka she beat him up. But deep inside she didn't want to ruin his face, she had to admit he was good-looking. But...

"Ok!" Rikku smiled, swinging and hitting Squall in the face.

Squall touched his busted lip, smiling, "Just as I thought. You hit like a girl."

"What?! I just busted your lip, buddy! That was a mighty good punch!"

"I give it a C+." Squall said, "Here, hold your fists like this." She put her fists up and did as he said, "and when you're swinging towards me, do it like this. Got it?"

Rikku nodded, practicing her swinging. She had to admit, this way did feel better.

"Ok, hit me." Squall said.

"Ok." Rikku said, punching him in the jaw, causing him to stumble backwards. "Squall!" She yelped, catching him before he fell.

"I think that's enough practice." He muttered, rubbing his chin, "that's gonna leave a bruise." He let Rikku help him up, slowly.

"Let's get started on our strategy, shall we?" Rikku asked, as they both sat on the bed, "but first, I think you need an icepack."

A COUPLE OF HOURS LATER...

Squall and Rikku talked about their plan for hours, eventually stopping when Rikku just had to listen to her favorite song on the radio. Squall would sit still and watch her dance around his room, occasionally tripping over things. Then after the song was over, it took him several minutes to calm her down. She kept trying to get him to dance with her, but he kept claiming he couldn't dance.

"It's time we got to bed.' He said, getting up and stretching.

Rikku nodded, looking out the window and noticing it was still thundering and raining outside, "Sheesh."

"There's a guest room down the hall..."

"Can I sleep with you?' Rikku asked, looking at Squall with pleading eyes.

"W-what?!" Squall asked in shock, "there's nothing wrong with the guest room.."

"Oh come on!" Rikku begged, "I'm not use to sleeping alone when it's like that outside! And Yunie's not here...unless you want me to go lay with your dad..."

"Fine." He sighed, sensing this was another bad idea, "but I'll feel more comfortable if you put more decent clothing on."

Rikku looked down at her attire again, "There you go, being a big meanie and talking about my clothes!"

"How would you like it if I slept shirtless?"

"Fine! Where are your t-shirts?" Rikku asked, looking around in his closet.

"Excuse me?!"

"Your shirts. I didn't bring no spare clothing with me and sense my attire bothers you, I need clothes."

"Fine." Squall pulled out a big t-shirt and tossed it to Rikku, "wear that. Satisfied?"

"I don't know," Rikku replied, putting on the shirt, "are you?" She twirled around to give Squall a good view of how she looked in his shirt.

He had to admit she looked adorable in his clothing, even better then he did. "Yes, I'm satisfied. Get in bed."

Rikku jumped happily on Squall's bed, covering herself in the blankets, "Tuh'd dno yhodrehk banjandat! (Don't try anything perverted!)" She said as she scooted over for him to lay next to her.

"I don't think I even want to know what you just said." He replied, laying down.

Thunder clapped again and Rikku grabbed onto Squall once more. "Uh, Rikku, this is not a very comfortable position for me." Squall said, tensing as Rikku rested her head on his chest.

"Don't be a perv!" Rikku whimpered, "I'm scared!"

Squall didn't mind that a pretty girl was laying in bed, holding him. What he did mind was that this pretty girl happened to be Rikku of all people, and it didn't help that he knew she was barely dressed under that shirt. 'Bad thoughts,' Squall sighed, 'this is gonna be a long night...' Another loud clapping noise was heard and he felt Rikku tense. 'If it's bad for me it must be ten times worse for her.' Squall thought, wrapping his arms around Rikku as she relaxed in his embrace, 'This is the least I can do.'

MORNING

"Good morning, sunshines...oh my god!" Yuna gasped as she seen Rikku and Squall.

Squall was sleeping, shirtless, with Rikku resting her head on his chest, him having his arms wrapped around her. She was still wearing his shirt and also had her arms wrapped around his waist. The curtains were down and the music was playing, loud.

"What's worng, Yuna?...WHOA!" Tidus stopped to stare at the seen in shock. Lulu, Wakka, and Laguna walked in afterwards.

"I told you to knock first," Laguna said, "I knew something was up when they began blasting the music last night and I heard a lot of moving."

"Man, Squall, I knew you had something for Al Bheds." Wakka said, as they watched Squall began to open his eyes.

"Rikku of all people?" Tidus asked with a smile, "I guess opposites do attract."

"What are you guys...FUCK!" Squall quickly sat up, causing Rikku to wake up, "What the hell are you guys doing here?!" He asked, trying to remember why Rikku was in his bed.

"Better question: What's Rikku doing here? In your bed? In your shirt?" Lulu asked, quirking her eyebrow at him.

Rikku stretched, "Hiya, everyone! When did you get here?"

"Squall slept with Rikku man." Tidus said, not believing it.

Yuna slapped him in the back of the head, "No he didn't! Rikku would never do something like that!" She turned to look at Rikku with pleading eyes, "Right, Rikku? Tell me you didn't sleep with him!"

"Calm down, Yunie. I stayed the night because it began storming outside. You know how I need to sleep with someone." Rikku explained, looking at Wakka and Tidus, "we did not do anything sexual, you pervs!"

Yuna and Lulu sighed in relief, "Good, because I was gonna say you can do way better, Rikku." Lulu said.

"Hey!" Squall yelled.

"That still doesn't explain why Squall's shirtless and Rikku's wearing his shirt." Wakka said.

"What?!" Rikku turned to look at Squall's bare chest, blushing alittle, "When did you get shirtless?!"

"I got hot at night, with you and the blankets covering me." Squall shrugged.

"You get to be all half-nakey but I can't?!" Rikku yelled, pinching his arm.

"Ouch, Rikku! There's a difference between you and me being half-naked. It's ok for me!"

"Oh, whatever!"

"Geez, Squall, what happen to your jaw?" Yuna asked, noticing the bruise.

"Rikku punched me."

"RIKKU!"

"He told me to!"

"SQUALL!"

"I was teaching her some stuff." Squall said, still rubbing his arm.

"You kids have the kinkiest sex these days." Laguna sighed, walking out the room.

"FA TETH'D RYJA CAQ! (WE DIDN'T HAVE SEX!)" Rikku yelled angrily, blushing even more.

"Whatever." Squall said, getting up, "How about you all get out so I can change? No free shows."

"Aw, come on!" Tidus complained as they walked out the door, "Rikku got one!"

Yuna hit him again.