Final Fantasy - All Series Fan Fiction ❯ Until The Day I Die: A Squikku and Tiduna Story ❯ Leaving ( Chapter 18 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]
CHAPTER 17: LEAVING
"Everyone up! We're going to miss the bus, bruddas!" Wakka shouted as he banged two pans together.
"Wakka, dear, I love you. But if you keep shouting and making all that noise you won't be around to see our child's birth." Lulu muttered, placing the pillow over her ears.
"Aw, c'mon, Lu! We're gonna miss the bus! And I don't know 'bout you guys but I don't wanna walk!"
Rikku crawled out her tent, stretching as Ghiki crawled out after her.
"Holy chocobos! Squall and Rikku had a hairy baby!" Wakka said, watching as Ghiki ran to eat their breakfast.
"Bite me, Tubby." Rikku smiled, joining Ghiki, "What time is it?"
"Too damn early." Squall replied, getting out the tent. He spotted Yuna coming out of Lulu's tent as Tidus came out of his. 'Uh oh...' He watched as Yuna avoided Tidus, making her way to the other side of their camp.
"We're officially on summer vacation, guys!" Rikku cheered, tossing Squall an apple.
"An apple? I get an apple while that monkey gets to eat bacon and shit?" Squall asked incredulously.
"Shh!" Rikku glared at him while covering Ghiki's ears, "Don't talk about Ghiki like that."
"Well...we all know who she loves more." Squall replied, biting into his apple.
"Let's just go home, guys. I don't feel too good." Yuna sighed, already packing her stuff.
Rikku was immediately at her side, looking at her with concern, "You ok, Yunie? You're not getting sick are you?"
"You can call it that." She replied, glancing at Tidus.
"I agree with Yuna." Lulu stood up, holding her swollen stomache, "I'm tired of the great outdoors."
"One day, Lu, and you're already ready to cut this place down and build a mall." Wakka said, handing her a plate of food.
"Not a bad idea." Lulu smiled, happily accepting the food.
"Nuh uh, people, we must be considerate of our habitat!" Rikku replied, serving herself some food from the grill.
"Says the Al Bhed who builds things that causes pollution." Lulu muttered, biting into her food.
----------------------------------------------------------------- ------------------------------------------------------------------------
"I see you told Yuna." Squall said, standing next to Tidus as he packed his bag.
Tidus nodded, silently putting his things away, "I see you haven't told Rikku."
"I'm doing it today, you know that. You also know how I'm going to do it so don't go getting all bitchy at me for not being in the doghouse with you."
Tidus sighed, "I'm sorry, Squall..."
"Don't apologize. You need to make things right with Yuna, you are the one coming back. You tell her that?"
"Yes." Tidus grabbed his bag, "But she doesn't want me to go."
"She's being selfish, huh?" Squall asked, grabbing his own bag.
"Selfish? If I could tell her everything then I'm sure she'll be more understanding. I'll be just as upset if she told me she was leaving and won't tell me details too."
"You'll be able to tell her when you return." Squall shrugged, seeing the bus pull up as several students began boarding it. He began walking to it, Rikku waiting for him by the door.
"When is that? It could be three years from now." Tidus muttered angrily, walking past Squall.
Squall quickly grabbed him roughly by the elbow, pulling him back. "At least you're coming back, Tidus. Don't be such an ungrateful asshole." He hissed angrily, releasing him to join Rikku by the bus.
"What was that about?" Rikku asked in concern.
"Nothing...come on." Squall entered the bus. Rikku glanced at Tidus then Yuna who was already settled in her seat.
"Not again."
RINOA HEARTILLY
Squall unlocked his bedroom, throwing his bag onto his bed carelessly.
"Ready, son?" Laguna asked. Squall grumbled his response. Laguna was sounding too happy about their moving.
"You're really going to go through with my plan aren't you?" Laguna asked. Sorrow and despair filled his features as he sat on Squall's bed, "I seriously wished there was another way but their ain't...Rikku...I like her. I like her a lot, Squall. She changed you, made you love and trust again. But we have to think about your..."
"Destiny, I know. Shut up already!" Squall shouted, throwing his gunblade onto the bed.
Laguna looked at him in shock and anger, "What the hell, Squall! Don't you ever mistreat that weapon!"
Squall chuckled harshly, "The weapon. It's always the fucking weapon to you."
"Don't say that. Don't make this seem like it's all my fault. I get orders too, you know. My job is to make sure you do your job right."
"I'm doing my fucking job! Congratulations, mission complete!" Squall snarled. He sat on his bed, running his hand through his hair, "It was easy for you, but I'm not you! I can't just...I can't just leave her."
Laguna looked at him with sympathy, "There's nothing I can do. She can't come with us and you can't stay." He reached in his pocket, pulling out an envelope.
"What's that?" Squall asked, not bothering to look up.
"Your mission at SeeD school." Laguna opened up the envelope, pulling out a picture of a young girl, "Her name's Rinoa Heartilly. We received this in the mail today, she could be in trouble."
"Could be or is?" Squall asked, grabbing the picture to get a better look at the girl. She was pale white with brown hair and eyes. Her smile was warm and angelic.
"Could be...they have this hunch..."
"I'm protecting her on a fucking hunch?" Squall threw the picture behind him.
"Squall..." Laguna pleaded, "This is serious. She's connected to our bigger mission somehow."
"Kingdom Hearts? What the hell does that girl have to do with Kingdom Hearts?"
Laguna shrugged, looking around Squall's room. Two years of living in Spira and he had to admit it was starting to feel like home. Not like those other worlds they were in, he didn't even like Radiant Gardens...too depressing. Laguna look at Squall's dresser, seeing lots of pictures around his mirror. One in particular stood out.
Laguna grabbed it, smiling at the picture of the jubilant Al Bhed girl. She smiled happily, revealing her dimples. She was holding something in her hand, showing it to the camera. Laguna looked closer to see it was a necklace with Squall's Lionheart ring on it.
"What are you doing?" Squall asked, glaring at Laguna as he continued to look at the picture.
"Just looking. She looks happy in this picture." Laguna responded, grabbing the rest of the pictures off of the mirror.
"She was." Squall reached out to grab the pictures but Laguna backed away, "Give them here."
"Sorry, Squall. These are memories. You can't bring them along." Laguna replied, "I have to get rid of them."
"The hell you will!" Squall yelled angrily, reaching out for them again.
Laguna quickly pulled away, giving him a stern look, "It's for the best."
"The best?" Squall asked in disbelief, "I'm leaving her and now you want me to act like she didn't even fucking exist?"
"It'll be best for Rinoa..."
"Fuck Rinoa!" Squall shouted, getting off his bed, "Give me my pictures!"
"I will. If you promise me something."
"What?" Squall asked, exasperated.
"You aren't going to take them with you to Balamb Garden." Laguna looked at him with complete seriousness.
"Fine." Squall agreed, reaching out for them again.
Laguna held onto them as Squall grabbed them, "I mean it, Squall. Things wouldn't have been so hard if you would've listened to me in the first place. Burn them, give them away, whatever you do don't take them."
"I'm not." Squall muttered, snatching the pictures away from him.
"Good. I'll meet you by the ship." Laguna said, walking towards the door, "Good luck with Rikku."
"Right." Squall replied, sticking the picture of Rikku in his pocket.
--------------------------------------------------------------- --------------------------------------------------------------------------< br> "Yunie! Yunie! Have you seen Squall? He told me he had something important to tell me."
Yuna glanced up at her cousin sadly, "No, I'm sorry. I haven't." She looked back down to read her book.
"Oh no! Oh nononononono!" Rikku ran to sit on the table Yuna was reading at, "What did he do now?"
"Nothing." Yuna replied softly, not having enough strength to look at her. If she did, Rikku would know something was wrong. She probably knew already. She was really good at detecting when something was wrong.
Rikku sighed, "You're lieing." She leaned down to close Yuna's book, causing Yuna to look up at her.
"Sheesh." Rikku looked into her cousin's eyes, seeing that this was really serious, "What happened, Yuna?"
Yuna knew that Rikku knew it was serious too. Rikku called her 'Yuna' instead of 'Yunie'.
"He's leaving, Rikku." Yuna cried, no use in holding it in. She was going to find out later anyways. "Another world or something."
Rikku looked at her in confusion, "Another world? There's no such thing...no way..."
"That's what I said...he was being serious though. He's going to disappear."
"Disappear?" Rikku got up and walked towards the phone.
"Rikku! What are you doing?" Yuna asked in a panicked tone.
"I'm calling Chocobo-hair and you and him are going to talk. I mean really talk. We need to know what's going on for real." She replied, dialing Tidus's cell number.
"Rikku, please..." Yuna begged, "I can't talk to him! He's leaving today!"
"Which is why you're going to meet up right now." Rikku held the phone to her ear, waiting impatiently for him to answer.
"Hello?"
"Hello, jerk, where are you?"
"Jerk?...is this you, Rikku?"
"Duh!" Rikku tapped her foot impatiently, giving Yuna an annoyed look as she looked helplessly back at her, "Where are you?"
"Uh...shouldn't you be talking to Squall right now about..."
"Yeah, yeah, yeah, I know. I can't find him, but that all can wait till later." She interrupted, laying on the bed, "Answer my question, will ya?"
"Yuna told you didn't she?" He sighed.
"Yup...and I'm going to..."
"Fix things?" Tidus gave her a sad chuckle, "Rikku, I don't think this can be fixed..."
"Tidus...what do you mean you're disappearing? No one can just disappear! What's going on? Is it another girl?"
"You should really go talk to Squall, Rikku."
"I will! But that's not important now!" Rikku sighed angrily, watching as Yuna looked away sadly, "What are you not telling Yuna?"
"Rikku..."
"There's no use, Rikku." Yuna said as she got up and walked out the room.
Rikku sadly watched her cousin leave, glaring at the phone as if it were Tidus, "See what you did, meanie?"
"Actually I don't. Was that Yuna? Did she just leave?"
"We got a genius, people!" Rikku replied grimly. She got up and walked to the door glancing to see where Yuna went. The bathroom door was closed and she heard music booming. "She's in the bathroom. Where are you going, Tidus?"
"Home." He replied, Rikku could tell he wasn't really happy about it.
"Home? So you some kind of alien or something?"
"No! Geez, why do people always think that?"
"I don't know. You say you're from another world...those are called 'aliens'." She shrugged, "I have a lot of questions I want to ask but it's really none of my business..."
"It isn't. But has that ever stopped you before?"
Rikku smiled, "No, but this ain't about me. It's about Tiduna."
"Tiduna? Who the hell is Tiduna?"
"You and Yunie. Tiduna." Rikku shrugged, "I made it up one day."
"Rikku...you have issues."
"So I'm told." Rikku sat back down, her voice and tone becoming more serious, "Tidus, where are you?"
Tidus heard the seriousness in her voice too, "Mt. Gagazet...I'm leaving in 10 minutes."
"Thanks." Rikku smiled satisfied.
"Anytime...you know she ain't gonna come though."
Rikku heard him sigh sadly, "Oh she's coming, mister! And Chocobo-hair..."
Tidus smiled, "Yes, Rikku?"
"You're a good guy, you know. You're like the big brother I always wanted."
"Aw, Rikku!" Tidus replied happily, "I'll miss you too. But...um...you do have a big brother."
"I said 'like the big brother I always wanted' not 'the big brother I never had', sheesh! Pay attention!" Rikku smiled, "And Tidus, be careful. Come back to us in one piece ok?"
"How did you know I was coming back?" He asked curiously.
"Because if you leave my cousin alone and sad forever I'll find your punk ass and kill you." Rikku replied in a threatening tone.
Tidus gulped, "...ok..."
"Ok, well I gotta go!" Rikku said in her chirpy voice, "Make things right with her or..."
"I know, I know. You'll kill my punk ass." Tidus interrupted, "And Rikku...Squall's really a good guy."
"I know!" Rikku responded, not really knowing where he was going with this.
"Just remember that...bye."
"Bye." Rikku turned off the phone, looking at it in confusion. 'What did he mean by that?' She shrugged, throwing the phone onto the bed. "Aliens are so weird."
Yuna practically ran out the bathroom as Rikku walked out the bedroom.
"What did he say?" She asked nervously.
Rikku gave her a big knowing smile, "One word, Yunie...Kimahri."
Yuna gave her a confused look as Rikku turned to walk downstairs.
"Kimahri...?" Yuna looked down at Tidus's chain, remembering their first mission, "He's in Mt. Gagazet! On the mountains!"
"You got 10 minutes!" Rikku yelled from downstairs.
----------------------------------------------------------- --------------------------------------------------------------------------- ---
Rikku walked to Bevelle wondering what Squall could possibly want to talk to her about. She hoped he wasn't getting cold feet again; which was pretty doubtful. Squall could no longer fool her with the 'I'm afraid of commitment' speech. She wasn't falling for that again, they've been through too much this year that she knew he was very close to becoming a team player and great leader.
"I hope it's not something bad, Squall Leonheart." She said to herself. She was almost to his house when she saw someone dressed in a hooded cloak, "Yunie? Aren't you suppose to be meeting Tidus?"
The person didn't respond, she just walked past glancing back at a mailbox.
"Yunie?" Rikku grabbed her arm, stopping her, "What are you doing..."
The woman gave Rikku a confused look, her hood falling down to reveal long light brown hair, "Excuse me? Um...my name's Lenne, not Yunie."
Rikku smiled becoming embarassed for grabbing her arm, shequickly released her, "I'm sooo sorry! I thought you were my cousin Yuna."
Lenne smiled warmly, "It's ok. I get confused for a lot of people these days."
Rikku nodded, "Well, I'm really sorry. See ya later." She continued walking towards Squall's house.
Lenne watched her leave with amusement and remorse, "Yeah...later, Rikku."
"Excuse me." Lenne felt someone tap her shoulder, she turned to see a blue-eyed blonde soldier guy.
"Yes?" She asked, hoping she wasn't trespassing on private territory. The last thing she needed was to get arrested. She only came here to make sure that the letter was delivered.
"What's your name?" He asked in awe. His eyes were boring holes into hers.
Lenne smiled, she's seen that look in so many guy's eyes before. It always ended tragically though. She put on her hood, still smiling, "It's best you don't know."
"I..."
"Sorry." Lenne walked away before he could say anything else.
"Told you Shuyin doesn't have game." A guard laughed as Shuyin watched Lenne.
Rikku walked up to Squall's house to see a weird looking ship in his front yard. Squall and Laguna was loading it up with everything from their house. She glanced from the ship to them in confusion. What's going on? She didn't like the look of it.
Laguna was the first one to notice her standing there. He gently nudged Squall, grabbing a box to pack into the little ship.
Squall glanced behind his shoulder, briefly looking down before he turned to look at her fully, "Rikku, we need to talk."
Rikku eyes were back on the weird looking ship, "...are you leaving, Squall?" She asked, looking at him, "Are you leaving me too?"
----------------------------------------------------------------- ------------------------------------------------------------------------
Tidus looked down the mountain sadly. Where's Yuna? Rikku promised him Yuna would be here to say bye to him. He hit himself in the head, feeling stupid that he actually believed it. It wasn't Rikku's decision, it's Yuna's. And Yuna wasn't exactly in the mood to see him.
"She's coming, Tidus! You just have to be confident and patient." He told himself, trying to keep his head up. A few seconds later his head dropped, "She ain't coming...why should she? I'm leaving her without so much as an explanation."
"Sorry I'm late." Tidus turned quickly around. Yuna was standing behind him, her hands interlocked together infront of her, "The transporter thingy was broken so I had to walk up here."
Tidus sighed in relief, running his hand through his hair. She was nervous, he could tell. He was also nervous. What was he going to tell her? It wasn't exactly like he could explain everything to her. Especially when he had only 2 minutes.
"So is this where your spaceship is coming to abduct you?" Yuna asked, looking up into the sky.
Tidus snorted, trying to hold back his laughter. He looked at Yuna's expression to see she was completely serious.
"Yuna, I'm not an alien." He replied.
"Oh." Yuna looked down with embarassment, "I just assumed...what you doing up here then?"
"This is where I disappear...I don't get a gummi ship like Squall or anything."
"Like Squall?" She looked at him incredulity, "Squall's leaving too?"
Tidus groaned, hitting himself a second time, "You weren't suppose to know that."
"What is going on?" Yuna asked desperately, "I need to know, Tidus! Rikku..." Yuna stopped, thinking about how her cousin will take the news, "Oh Yevon, Rikku! Her hearts gonna break..."
"You seem like you're recovering from it...maybe she can too..."
"WHAT?" Yuna looked at him, tears rimming her eyes already, "Recovering? You think I'm recovering?"
"Ok, maybe I was wrong." Tidus replied pulling Yuna into a hug as she began crying on his shoulder, "Listen, I'll be back. I promise. It's only for awhile."
"Promise?"
"Yuna, I'll never leave you...this isn't good-bye it's see you later."
Yuna smiled against his chest, "Tidus, that was such a cheesy line."
He nodded in agreement, "Yeah, I know. I ain't so good at this kind of thing."
"You're doing fine." Yuna assured him. She backed away alittle to look at his face, "I love you, Tidus. Always have, always will. I'll wait forever if I have to."
"I love you too, Yuna." He replied softly, caressing her cheek, "See you later." He leaned down to kiss her one last time.
Yuna watched in fear as he released her and turned towards the mountain edge, "Tidus...wait!" She ran to grab him but she ended up going right through him; falling onto the ground.
"Yuna...it'll be ok." He said, looking at her sadly.
Yuna nodded, still trying to understand what just happened.
"And Yuna." He was now standing at the edge of the mountain, smiling, "Don't come running after me like last time."
Yuna chuckled, tears spilling out her eyes. It was a good thing he said that, because if he hadn't then she would have.
Tidus nodded, turning back to look down the mountain. "Never thought I'd be doing this again. Especially since Seymour isn't here to kill me." He heard Yuna laugh one last time; satisfied that he got her laugh before his departure.
Yuna watched worriedly. 'He's not gonna...oh boy! Yes he is!'
"TIDUS!"
Tidus jumped off the edge just as Yuna cried out his name. Yuna got up to run to the edge and look down. Nothing. Nothing but fog and clouds that were blocking her view.
"He's gone." Yuna said, smiling sadly, "He disappeared."
She slowly got up, wiping her tears and trying to hold back her oncoming ones. 'Rikku's never gonna believe this...RIKKU!' Yuna remembered what Tidus said about Squall. She really needed to get to Rikku and tell her.
------------------------------------------------------------------ -----------------------------------------------------------------------
Squall scratched the back if his head, looking at Laguna. Laguna gave him a small smile, encouraging him to continue.
"Yeah...I'm moving." He replied.
Laguna made a disapproving snort. He leaned against the ship giving Squall a knowing look. 'You're suppose to be mean...' He was silently saying and Squall understood. How did he expect him to be mean to her with her looking all sad and broken like this? There was no way he was that heartless.
"Where?" Rikku asked, sadness creeping into her voice. She tried to hide it and he could tell she was trying to hide it because Laguna was there. Never cry infront of others, that was what she lived by. You cry, then they cry. The sadness just starts all over again.
"Another world." He shrugged as if it was nothing, "It's time I left."
Rikku looked at him in disbelief, "Another world? What the heck! Are you and Tidus both aliens?"
Squall rubbed his temples trying to hide his feelings. So she heard about Tidus too? "We're not aliens." He replied glumly. 'You can do this Squall...'
"You coming back like him?" She asked, hopefulness in her voice.
"No." He turned to began loading more bags into the gummi ship, missing her sad expression. Laguna didn't miss it though, he really wanted to leave because he could tell this was going to be unbearable. But he had to stay to make sure that Squall went through with it and didn't break down.
"No?" She asked, her voice becoming broken, "You're leaving forever? I'll never see you again."
"Yup." He replied, glancing at Laguna. He was secretly telling him how much he hated him for making him go through with this.
"Squall-"
"Look, Rikku." Squall turned to look at her. Once he did he wished he hadn't, she was no longer controlling her emotions. They were all shown on her face: sadness, confusion, despair, and love.
"Yes?" Rikku asked after a few moments. He was just standing there staring at her. She didn't mind but she really wanted to know what he had to say; hoping it'll make her feel better.
Squall shook out his daze; seeing Yuna walk towards them. She stopped a couple feet behind Rikku, not wanting to interrrupt their conversation. 'Great, we have an audience.' He sighed as he felt three pairs of eyes on him, waiting for him to continue.
"I...I knew I was leaving when I met you."
"That's why Laguna didn't want us together?" Rikku said, now understanding the whole 'stay away from eachother' lecture from Laguna.
Squall nodded, glancing at Laguna who was watching them. 'Damn! Can't he leave? I can do this!' Squall thought angrily, but he knew he couldn't do this. If Laguna left, then he would break down and tell Rikku everything.
"But you..."
"I wasn't finished." Squall interrupted angrily. He could see the shock on Rikku's face at his sudden outburst. He sighed, putting on a cold expression, "I knew I was gonna end up leaving you. But I got with you anyways."
Rikku nodded, not quite understanding what he meant. Yuna, on the other had, knew this wasn't going to end well. Rikku was standing there trying to understand what was going on. Her heart practically beating for Squall. But Squall was standing there not caring that he was leaving and never returning. He acted as if he wouldn't even miss the girl that brightened up his day.
'What are you doing, Squall?' Yuna watched as Squall leaned against the gummi ship. 'He's gonna hurt her...'
"The only difference is you think it was because I..." He stopped, looking down, "Love you."
"Don't you?" Rikku asked. Something was wrong. This wasn't Squall...this Squall was cold-hearted and cruel. She knew he had his 'I like to hurt people' moments but this one was just heartless.
"Don't." He said as she tried to approach him, "Stay where you are. I'm through with you."
"Through with me?" Rikku asked in disbelief, "Squall...what are you saying?"
"What I'm saying is I don't love you, I never loved you. I just wanted to have an Al Bhed before I left. And, well, you were there."
"No." Rikku shock her head, "This isn't you..."
"And well, though I have to say you were pretty good in bed, it's time I moved on and found myself a new life. A new girl." He continued harshly.
Rikku knew she was crying, she could feel the tears fall out her eyes down her cheeks, but she didn't care. She didn't care if the whole world seen her cry now, she wanted Squall to know how important he was to her. "Why are you doing this?"
Squall shrugged, "It's time you knew the truth instead of running around thinking we're a couple."
"We are a couple!" She cried out, "You told me you love me!"
"I lied."
Yuna looked at Rikku's distraught face and Squall's hard emotionless one. It took everything in her to not go over there and punch him in his smug face.
"You...lied." Rikku said in a soft whisper, looking down at the necklace Squall gave her, "Everything was a lie? A game to you?"
"Yup." He replied without hesitation.
Rikku gazed at him, tears blurring her eyes, "Squall...you're breaking my heart." She said softly.
"Squall!" Yuna cried out in horror, "How could you?"
Rikku realized Yuna was behind her, watching the whole thing. She never took her spiral green eyes off of Squall's cold blue ones, "It's ok, Yuna. I can handle this." She took off the necklace, throwing it at Squall, "You're a heartless jerk!"
Squall watched the necklace land at his feet, "I guess." He replied in a low tone.
"I can't believe you!" Rikku screamed, "How can you just lead a girl on like this! You used me!" She turned, her heart breaking into dozens of little pieces. Yuna was standing still; looking at her with sorrow. Rikku was about to walk to her, but she stopped, closing her eyes. "I guess you were right, Squall. In the end, you're all you got. Stupid of me to believe I could change you and think you were a decent guy. Go ahead, go through life alone and sad. You deserve it!...I hate you."
Squall closed his eyes as Rikku grabbed Yuna and walked away.
Laguna cleared his throat uncomfortably, "She's gone, Squall."
Squall slowly opened his eyes to see her no longer there. He reached down and picked up his necklace, looking at it sadly.
"That kind of went better then I expected." Laguna commented, trying to lighten up the mood. He knew there wasn't anything he could do or say to make his son feel better. The things he had to say to the one he loves to let her go was horrible, but it had to be done.
Squall closed his eyes tightly, sqeezing the neckace in his fist, "Get me outta here now."
"Squall..."
"I said get me the fuck outta here now!" He yelled angrily. He walked to the gummi ship, getting into the passengar's seat.
Laguna nodded, climbing into the driver's seat. He started up the gummi ship, glancing at Squall who was staring off into space. Tears spilled out his eyes as Laguna realized he was crying. He has never seen Squall cry.
"Son, Rikku didn't mean what she said, like you. She was just upset."
"No...she was right. You were right. I promised myself I would never let myself get so attached that I would feel this pain again, but I did. I almost forgot how much it hurts."
"Don't be like that, Squall. You can't just give up on living a normal life..."
"I can and I will. Not again, this time I mean it." He replied, pressing the 'launch' button for Laguna, "No more getting attached. No more teams. It's just me, myself, and I."
"Don't give up hope. There's a girl out there for you somewhere."
"The girl for me just walked away saying she hates me." Squall replied, "And I don't blame her. I hate myself too."
Laguna sighed, preparing for their launch as the gummi ship left Spira.
---------------------------------------------------------------- ------------------------------------------------------------------------- A/N: Geez, I don't know who was more harsh. Squall or Rikku. Next chapter: Rinoa enters the story and so do someFF8 characters: Selphie, Seifer, etc. Also, Paine joins Yunaand Rikku.