Final Fantasy - All Series Fan Fiction ❯ Until The Day I Die: A Squikku and Tiduna Story ❯ Unwanted Visitor ( Chapter 21 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]
CHAPTER 20: UNWANTED VISITOR

Squall didn't realize Rinoa was crying till she fell to the floor in sobs. Everyone watched as he kneeled down to comfort her, pulling her into a tight embrace. Rikku looked away, not because Rinoa's sadness was unbearable but because what Squall was doing brought back memories.

"How do you know Lenne's dead?" Quistis asked, looking at Yuna. There had to be more to it. Lenne couldn't just be dead like that. From what Rinoa told her, Lenne was a tough girl. She's survived heartless, darkness, and her abusive adoptive mother at a young age. And if Rinoa was right about Lenne being Princess of Darkness then Samara wouldn't allow her to die.

"I found a songtress dressphere." Yuna replied looking at Rinoa with sorrow, "It was...Lenne's. I guess her spirit was still in it because when I wore it I could feel her emotions. It was like she was possessing my body."

"Lenne...Lenne can't be dead." Rinoa cried, shaking her head as Squall helped her up, "She's too strong! She has a strong heart!"

"We can show and tell you what we know if you like." Rikku suggested. She didn't know Rinoa but she knew how it felt to care about your cousin so much that you'd practically sacrifice yourself. If she ever lost Yuna...she didn't know what she would do. She even would put up with Squall being around to help Rinoa.

"That'll be nice." Rinoa replied giving her a grateful smile.

"Good!" Yuna replied, "You guys can stay on the airship with us. We have plenty of room and cabins."

"We'd love to." Quistis said, wrapping an arm around Rinoa, "Are you ok, Rinny?"

Rinoa nodded, "I'll be fine...I know my cousin is not dead."

Yuna and Rikku glanced at eachother. They new for a fact that she was dead. They saw her spirit with their own eyes when they returned Shuyin back to her. Rinoa looked so convinced that Lenne was still alive that they didn't have the heart to tell her.

"So, how do you guys know Squall...I mean Leon?" Zell asked curiously as Rinoa stopped crying.

"Leon?" Yuna asked confused, "Who's Leon?"

Seifer slapped Squall on the back, "Squall's Leon. He goes by that name ever since he failed to save his home planet."

"Seriously?" Yuna asked, looking at Squall.

"Yeah." He replied softly, "But it really doesn't matter now that I'm..."

"Ok then." Rikku interrupted, "Let us show you the airship."

Squall looked at her knowing she was ignoring his existance. Him being here was not going to be easy for neither of them. Maybe this time he can tell her the truth, why he really said what he did. But would she listen? He knew how stubborn Rikku could be. Even if he did tell her the truth, what did he expect from her? He was engaged now.

Rinoa spotted a fuzzy animal run towards them, "You have a monkey?" She asked happily. She was always an animal lover. She was beginning to miss her dog.

"Oh yes!" Rikku smiled, "This is Ghiki." She leaned down to pick him up but he quickly ran to Squall, jumping happily onto his shoulders.

"This can't be good." Yuna muttered to herself. Ghiki began tugging on Squall's hair like he use to in the past.

"He's adorable." Rinoa smiled, petting it. Ghiki stopped and looked at Rinoa in confusion; noticing the necklace she was wearing.

"He isn't rabid is he?" Quistis asked as she noticed the angry look he was giving Rinoa.

"Oh no! Ghiki's a sweetheart." Rikku assured her. 'Be a good monkey, Ghiki...'

Ghiki jumped onto Rinoa's shoulders, examining her closely.

"Very friendly isn't he?" Irvine asked as Ghiki searched Rinoa.

"Er...yeah. Ghiki, come to mommy." Rikku said nervously. She knew what Ghiki was up to. He's became a good thief in the past two years, using his cuteness to steal from unsuspecting people.

"...We're old friends." Yuna answered, looking back at Zell, "We went to school together."

"So why do you hate him?" Zell asked curiously. Quistis slapped his head angrily.

"Don't be so rude, Zell!" She said as Zell rubbed his head in pain.

Ghiki finally went to Rikku, a smug look on his face.

"What did you do?" Rikku asked as the rest of the people continued chatting.

Squall noticed Rikku whispering to Ghiki which meant he did something wrong. She had a sincere look on her face, she always looked that way when she wanted Ghiki to confess something. He sighed, he forgot about Ghiki still being around. To be honest Squall thought Rikku would get rid of him after he left, but he knew Rikku considered Ghiki her 'child' even though he was a gift from Squall. This was going to make things even more difficult because Ghiki considered him and Rikku his parents.

Rikku looked up at Rinoa, smiling sheepishly, "Um, excuse me, Rinoa."

"Yes?" Rinoa asked as Rikku extended her hand to her. There was a necklace in it. Not any necklace though, it was the necklace with Squall's Lionheart ring.

"Ghiki took this from you." Rikku handed it to her, glancing at Squall, "He...he's a sneaky little monkey."

"My necklace!" Rinoa gasped, looking at Ghiki in astonishment, "I'm very impressed! Who knew such a cute thing could be so sneaky?"

"Thanks!" Rikku smiled, "I trained him myself."

Squall glanced at Rikku then Rinoa. He was umcomfortable. He had no idea why, it wasn't like Rinoa knew about him and Rikku but this was too weird.

"Let's get to the airship." Yuna suggested, sensing the awkwardness between Rikku and Squall.

"Yeah!" Rikku agreed, turning quickly. She walked away holding Ghiki; missing Squall's stare.

"Um...right this way." Yuna smiled at the rest of the group.

----------------------------------------------------------- --------------------------------------------------------------------------- ----

"This place is huge." Zell exclaimed as he looked around the Bridge. Everything was so technological there that he couldn't help but touch something.

"Zell, don't touch anything." Quistis said as he reached out to touch a computer, "This stuff is more important then your life."

"Do you have to be so mean about it?" He asked with a hurt expression, "All you had to say was 'Zell, don't touch'. Why'd you have to bring my life into it?"

"The girl's right though." A young boy said as he turned in his chair, "The name's Shinra."

"Hi." Everyone greeted.

"Shinra's our little genius." Yuna explained giving Shinra a teasing smile, "He's the one who makes out dresspheres. He's the one that got me the songtress dressphere from Lenne."

"Yeah...poor Lenne..." Shinra said with his head down, "She was too young to..."

"That's enough from you." Rikku interrupted looking at Rinoa. She was looking down, sadness in her features.

"What?" Shinra asked confused, "I was just saying..."

"This is Rinoa, Shinra. Lenne's cousin." Yuna explained, telling him silently to shut up about Lenne's death.

"Oh...oh!" Shinra looked down with shame, "Sorry."

"It's ok." Rinoa assured him, forcing a smile onto her face.

"Who are these guys?" Everyone turned to see a pale woman with red eyes, greyish black hair, and a black leather outfit standing in the doorway.

"Paine, we have visitors." Yuna smiled, walking over to her, "Everyone this is Paine."

Paine looked at everyone with no emotion as they glanced at her then Squall.

"You have a sister you're not telling us about?" Seifer asked, glaring at Squall, "Because if you do then right now would be a good time to tell us."

"She's not my sister." He replied angrily. He did see a resemblance though. The girl had good style.

"What are they doing here?" Paine asked, examining everyone slowly, "More sphere hunters?"

"They came to us for help." Yuna explained, watching as Paine gave her and Rikku disapproving looks. 'Yep, just like Squall...'

"We have to help them, Paine!" Rikku spoke up, "This time it's important!"

"Like when we helped Tobli sell concert tickets?" Paine asked angrily. She walked out of the door way to lean against the wall, glaring at everyone.

"Excuse Paine, she's always been a big meanie." Rikku apologized.

"Remind you of someone we know?" Rinoa giggled, glancing at Squall.

"Whatever." He replied.

Paine smirked, "I like him. He can stay."

Rikku rolled her eyes in annoyance, "That makes one of us."

Squall looked at her as she once again avoided his gaze. 'She's going to be difficult...'

"What is going on in here, Yuna?" Brother asked, entering the room, "Is there a party?"

"No, idiot." Rikku responded harshly. She didn't mean to be so mean but Squall being here made her angrier then usual, "They're here for us to help them."

"Another job for the Gullwings, huh?" Brother asked with a huge grin, "We charge..."

Rikku quickly covered his mouth, "We're not charging them!" She interrupted, glaring at him for bringing that up.

Paine and Brother glared at her in confusion.

"We have to charge them! No more freebies!" Paine complained.

"Paine, Rinoa is Lenne's cousin. She's here to find out with happened to her." Yuna responded.

Paine shrugged, "That's an easy one. She died. The end."

Rikku and Yuna gasped at Paine's lack of sensitivity. This girl just lost her cousin whom she dearly cares about and Paine wants to charge her for information about her.

"Is it wrong that I'm finding this girl very attractive?" Seifer asked Quistis. She rolled her eyes and pushed him away.

"Be quiet, Seifer."

Paine pushed away from the wall, about to walk back out the room. Rikku looked at Rinoa and seen she was on the verge of tears again. She quickly grabbed Paine roughly by the arm, pushing her against the wall.

"Lenne's not dead, Paine!" She said angrily, "And we're going to find her!"

Rinoa looked at Rikku with happiness, her face lighting up with hope.

Paine looked at Rikku's eyes with fear, "Um...ok, Rikku. Whatever you say."

Rikku released her and smiled, "Good." She walked out the room leaving a shocked Paine against the wall. She has never seen Rikku show so much anger before.

Yuna quickly made her way to Paine, "It's best you not tick her off....a past 'love' has showed up." She whispered in her ear, tilting her head towards Squall.

Paine glanced at Squall in shock, "Rikku dated him?" She asked in a low whisper.

Yuna nodded watching as Squall stared at the door Rikku walked out of.

"He doesn't even seem like her type! What about..."

"I know, but believe me they have a lot of history together. A lot." Yuna interrupted.

"Nevermind. I want the blonde again!" Seifer said. Everyone turned to glare at him. "What? Can't a man try?"

------------------------------------------------------------ --------------------------------------------------------------------------- --------

Yuna showed everyone to their cabin. She decided to give Squall and Rinoa the biggest one since they were sharing one together. The biggest one just happened to be one that Squall remembered very well. It was Rikku's old room, the room where they first had sex.

Yuna walked in first, turning on the lamp for them. "Here we are. This is the largest we have."

"It's perfect, thank you." Rinoa smiled.

Squall slowly walked in and looked around. 'Yes, definitely brings back memories.' He sighed, 'What's next? First it was Ghiki now this?' He remembered his and Rikku's old saying that they use to say everytime something bad happened: Fate hates us. He was really starting to believe it did.

"If there's anything you want just call us over the intercom, ok?" Yuna said as she walked towards the door.

Rinoa immediately went to the cabin bathroom to take a shower leaving Squall and her alone. He quickly grabbed her before she exited the room.

"Something wrong?" She asked, trying to keep her anger down. She didn't care if they were old friends, he hurt her cousin!

Squall waited till he heard the water running in the bathroom, "We need to talk."

"I have nothing to say to you. And neither does Rikku! We're only helping you because of Rinoa and your friends." Yuna responded coldly.

Squall ran his free hand through his hair in frustration, "Please don't be stubborn like Rikku."

"Stubborn?" Yuna asked in disbelief, "How is she being stubborn when your the one that used her? What did you expect, Squall, her to run to you with open arms?"

"No..."

"Good because she's not!" Yuna responded, "And I hope your not playing the same sadistic game with Rinoa's heart too!"

"It wasn't a game!" Squall replied angrily. He released Yuna and paced back and forth. Yuna was determined to leave but she felt there was something seriously wrong with him. She knew she shouldn't care, she should hate him like Rikku does but there seemed like there was more to it and Yuna wanted to know what.

"Then why?" She asked softly.

"Because Laguna told me to." Squall admitted shamefully.

Yuna quickly grabbed onto the doorknob for support, his confession startled her, "D-did you just say that Laguna made you say those horrible things to Rikku? Meaning you didn't mean any of it?"

"Well, he didn't actually force me. I decided to because I thought I wasn't coming back but obviously I was wrong. Of course I didn't mean it! I wanted Rikku to move on once I left."

Yuna slapped his shoulder, "Idiot! You made her believe that you used her!"

Squall looked at her in shock, "Did you just hit me?"

"Yes!" Yuna replied, smacking his shoulder again, "Do you have any idea what Rikku's been through during these past two years?"

"No..." He quickly dodged Yuna's fist, "Stop hitting me!"

"I will once you tell me something that's worth me not hitting you!" Yuna replied angrily. She put her hand on her hip and waited impatiently.

"I..." He looked down, not knowing if he should tell Yuna this, "I still love her."

Yuna gasped in shock, hitting him once more.

"Shit, Yuna!" Squall rubbed his head, "What the hell was that for?"

"Why are you telling me this?" She asked, "You're engaged to Rinoa!"

Squall sighed, shrugging, "I don't know..."

"You have to tell Rikku the truth."

"I can't...even if I could do you think she'll even listen to me?" Squall responded, "She hates me, remember?"

"I wouldn't say hate...she's just startled by your coming back. You said you weren't after you told her you used her for sex! Ok...maybe she does hate you."

"You're just about as helpful as Yuffie." Squall replied.

"Yuffie?"

"Don't ask."
"This isn't good, Squall...you don't mind if I call you that do you?" She asked, remembering that he went by a different name now.

"Go ahead. It really doesn't mater now."

"You're engaged to Rinoa, Rikku's with..." Yuna quickly stopped herself before she said something she would regret. But Squall heard her.

"What?" He looked at her, "Rikku's with someone?"

Yuna shook her head, her hand still covering her mouth.

"Yuna." Squall snatched her hand away from her mouth, "Tell me. Is Rikku with someone?"

"So...how did you and Rinoa meet?" Yuna asked innocently. 'That's it Yuna...avoid the question.'

Squall rolled his eyes in frustration. Yuna has changed too. Usually she would just spill the beans, but now she changes the subject to avoid the question. If only Tidus was here to see this....

"I get it. You're not gonna tell me." He turned to walk to his bed, "Can I at least get a name?"

"Sorry." She apologized, "No offence, Squall, but it's no longer any of your business."

Squall settled on his bed and began taking off his shoes, "I know."

Yuna nodded gratefully that he wasn't going to push it any further. She turned to walk out the room till his voice stopped her.

"How did you find out about Lenne?" He asked curiously, "I know you had her songtress dressphere but there has to be more to it."

"Actually it was Rikku who got us all involved in the whole 'Lenne' mystery." Yuna explained, "You see, she found a sphere on Mt. Gagazet with a man in it. The man looked just like...just like Tidus."

"Tidus?" Squall asked in shock, "Was it?"

Yuna shook her head sadly, "No...he just looked like him. But when she showed me the sphere she suggested that we investigate it. I agreed, leaving Besaid to become a sphere hunter."

Squall chuckled softly, "Rikku...always convincing people to do things." He remembered all the times she got him to do things he really didn't want to.

"Yeah." Yuna smiled, happy that she finally saw a real smile from him. She was even happier that the mention of her cousin brought it out.

"And?" He asked, wanting her to continue. It was good that he got all the facts tonight so he would have a plan by tomorrow. He was the leader now.

"And we dug deeper. Paine, Rikku, and I went around Spira asking questions. Then the machina began acting up once again so we went to the Djose Temple to help Gippal and the other Al Bheds. We defeated the machina but I was knocked into a big hole."

"A big hole?" Squall asked, raising an eyebrow.

"Long story." Yuna smiled, "Any ways I found myself in the Farplane. That's when I met Shuyin, he thought I was Lenne."

"Shuyin?" Why did that name sound so familiar? "I'm Shuyin, you knew here?" The guard from the Bevelle basement! "I met him once! Me and Rikku."

"Really?" Yuna asked in shock, "Rikku never told me that."
"Probably because she deleted my existence and everything about us from her mind." He replied grimly.
Yuna giggled, "Oh yeah!" She stopped once she saw the glare Squall was giving her. Yep, he still had it. "Any ways," She cleared her throat nervously, "Then I threw a concert because Spira was in a big need of one....then Lenne and I did a dualette."
"But I thought you said she was dead?"
"It was her spirit. Shinra says that mine's and Lenne's emotion's clashed causing her spirit to come out of the dressphere. Brother recorded the concert if you wanna see it."
Squall rubbed his forehead, "Maybe tomorrow."
Yuna nodded, turning towards the door again, "Goodnight, Squall. I hope you and Rikku work out your problems soon."
"Me too." He muttered.
------------------------------------------------------------- --------------------------------------------------------------------------< br> "That's definitely my cousin!" Rinoa grinned happily, watching her cousin sing by Yuna's side, "I always told her she had...has...a beautiful voice."
"She is hot." Irvine agreed.
"Anything with a vagina and boobs is hot to you, Irvine." Seifer replied, "She looks pretty much alive to me, guys."
"That's just her spirit." Paine spoke up, "It's not really her."
"Doesn't mean she's dead though!" Rikku added hastily.
Rinoa looked at her and smiled, "Thanks for agreeing she's still alive, Rikku. I appreciate that."
Rikku nodded happily, "All you have you have to do is believe. Don't give up hope."
"Rikku, don't set Rinoa up for a heartbreak." Brother said, "You know you guys saw her and Shuyin's spirits disappear once you defeated Vegnagun."
"Dryhgc vun pnehkehk dryd ib, zang! (Thanks for bringing that up, jerk!)" Rikku replied angrily.
Rinoa looked at them sadly, "Really? You guys saw my cousin disappear with this guy?"
Yuna and Rikku nodded sadly as Paine looked down.
Squall put a comforting hand in her shoulder, "You might have to consider that your cousin is dead, Rinoa. You don't want to set your hopes too high..."
"They just end in heartache." Rikku finished sadly, sending an angry glare in Squall's direction.
Yuna watched nervously as Squall gazed at Rikku in return. The tension in the room was getting way too high.
"If Lenne is dead then she should be in the Farplane." Yuna spoke up. She had to say something before someone suffocated from the tension coming between those two.
"Farplane?" Rinoa asked, taking her eyes off of Squall to look at Yuna in confusion. She knew there was definitely something bad that happened between Rikku and Squall but she didn't know what. Rikku seemed to always be at his throat but Squall would just look at her sadly everytime she said something mean about him.
"It's a place where spirits go to rest." Paine explained, she sensed the tension too, "If we go in there we can see her spirit and talk to her."
"That's cool." Rinoa replied, not really liking the idea. If they did go to the Farplane and she did she her cousin's spirit then that meant that her cousin was dead...she couldn't bare to know that her cousin was dead. Her cousin meant everything to her.
"Nuh uh." Rikku shoke her head, "I'm not going to the Farplane."
"Rikku..."
"No, Yunie! You know how I feel about that place. You guys go, I'll stay here." Rikku replied.
"I have an idea." Paine spoke up causing everyone to look at her in shock, "What? I can get ideas can't I?"
"Yeah...but I thought you weren't in to helping us." Rikku said, smirking.
Paine shrugged, "The girl's missing her cousin. I want to help her learn as much as she can about her...er...disappearance."
Rikku and Yuna quickly ran to feel Paine's forehead; feeling their own as they compared their temperatures.
"She seems fine." Yuna said, looking at Paine suspicously.
"Yeah...give her a potion just in case." Rikku suggested. Paine rolled her eyes, taking their hands off her forehead.
"What's your plan?" Squall asked.
"Baralai, the Praetor of Bevelle..."
"Dr. P's boyfriend." Rikku interrupted happily. Paine gave her a death glare, reaching for her sword.
"Go on." Squall said as Rikku hid behind Yuna.
"Anyways, Baralai told me about a cave in the Thunder Plains were they keep their most sacred documents and videos there. It should have more information about Shuyin and Lenne." Paine explained.
"You mean there's more to it?" Buddy asked exasperated, "I thought we already solved it! Lenne was sent off to go fight something but Shuyin didn't want her to go so he decided to break into Bevelle and use Vegnagun to protect her! They both died because they got caught."
"Maybe there is more to it..." Yuna said, "Rinoa, does your cousin have any secrets or anything that we should know about?"
"No." Rinoa responded quickly. Squall stared at her; knowing she was lieing. Lenne did have a secret, a huge secret. She was an important part to Kingdom Hearts and it was important that they find her and quick. Maybe she still was alive...
"Maybe she did but you didn't know about it." Rikku said, thinking out loud, "Maybe it was something bad like she was running from someone or something."
Rinoa shifted nervously in her chair, looking at Rikku with innocent eyes, "...Really?"
"Yeah!" Rikku nodded, feeling like she was on the verge of solving something, "I never told anyone this," She looked at Yuna and Paine, "Not even you guys, but I met Lenne before she died."
"WHAT?" Everyone asked in shock. Rinoa jumped out of her chair, running to Rikku.
"How was she? Did she look hurt? Weak? Did she seem exhausted? Were their bruises on her?" She asked eagerly, grabbing Rikku's hands and shaking them.
"Er..." Rikku looked down at her hands on hers in fear, "She seemed...fine. Something wrong?"
Rinoa sighed in relief, releasing Rikku's hands from her tight grip, "No...nothing."
"Rinoa, just tell them." Squall sighed. He was tired of her lieing. If they were going to be helping them then he wanted them to know the whole truth. It was time they knew what they were getting into.
"Squall, I can't!" Rinoa replied sadly, "It's Lenne's business!"
"No, it's everyone's business. The worlds, the keyblade master, and especially Yuna, Paine, and Rikku's."
"Squall..."
"Tell them." He said sternly.
"This sure beats tv, huh?" Seifer grinned, sitting back in his chair.
Rinoa sighed, looking at a confused Yuna, "My cousin, Lenne...she's marked."
"Marked?" Paine asked, "Like someone's trying to kill her?"
"You can say that. She's...a...dangerous person."
"Lenne?" They asked in shock. Even though they never really met her she seemed nice. How could she be dangerous? Maybe there was more to it then they knew.
"She's a sacrifice."
"They don't know about Kingdom Hearts since their world hasn't been affected yet." Squall explained when he sensed their confusion.
"Hey!" Shinra walked into the room, "Hypello says supper is served."
Brother nodded, "We'll talk about this 'Kingdom Hearts' over supper."
Everyone nodded in agreement as they all got up to leave to the kitchen. Paine leaned against the wall watching everyone leave, seeing Squall make his way to the exit after everyone else.
"Hey you!" She called out, stopping him.
"I have a name." He replied.
"Right." She said, not really caring, "Leon, is it?"
"Sure." He shrugged, not really caring what they called him in this world. They didn't know about the war going on outside of Spira.
"You and Rikku use to date, huh?" Paine asked, walking towards him with her arms still crossed over her chest.
'Great, now she's gonna get involved too.' Squall rubbed his head in exhaustion, "Yeah, and?"
Paine smirked, "Never thought Rikku would go for someone like you. That explains a lot now."
That got Squall's attention; he quickly grabbed her arm before she could leave, "Explains what?"
Paine shrugged, "Her interest in me. I knew the girl was nosey but she tries too hard to get on my good side. I guess it's because I remind her of you."
Squall smiled, "Really?"
"Don't go flattering yourself, though. She still hates you." Paine replied, "What happened between you two?"
"Yuna didn't tell you?" He asked, surprised that Yuna didn't tell Paine everything. A lot has changed.
Paine shook her head, "She said it was too personal and if I wanted to know then I should ask either you or Rikku. I chose you because Rikku would expect me to tell her one of my secrets in return."
"She wants to share secrets, huh?" He asked amused. He knew why Rikku did that with people though, she tries to help them get over their past like she tried with him.
"Yup." Paine smiled, "Which reminds me. I remember one time we were in Luca and she mentioned something about being in love a long time ago. I thought she was talking about Gippal." She examined Squall with amusement, "Maybe I was wrong. It was probably you."
So Rikku didn't forget about him fully after he left? Maybe she didn't hate him as much as he thought she did. Which meant there was still hope to make things right.
"Can I ask you something personal?" Paine asked, looking at him with complete seriousness.
He looked at her with uncertainty. Did he really want to hear her question? If they were so much alike then Paine could ask anything. Anything.
"Come on, it's a purely innocent question." She smiled, sensing his uncertainty.
"Fine." He responded. How bad could it be?
"Is Rikku a virgin?" Paine asked, smirking at the expression on his face.
"How the fuck is that question innocent?" He asked, outraged.
Paine shrugged, the smile never leaving her face, "I know Rikku's a thief, never thought she was a liar though."
"Huh?"
"She told her new boyfriend that she was saving herself for marriage. She lied."
So she did have a boyfriend. He kind of already knew it. Yuna may not have said it but her body language was screaming 'she's seeing someone!'. What did Squall expect? Her to stay single forever? Yeah right, not with her looking the way she did. Isn't that the reason he was such a jerk to her when he left? Didn't he want her to move on?
"You didn't know did you?" Paine asked looking at him with concern, "Sorry."
He shrugged as if he didn't care when really he felt like dieing, "I kind of already knew."
Paine nodded slowly, knowing that she hit a nerve, "Well...she told him that."
"I didn't say Rikku wasn't a virgin anymore." Squall replied even though he knew she wasn't.
"You never said she was." Paine responded, "C'mon, Leon, you don't need to play stupid with me. Even though I wasn't here during the whole 'Squall and Rikku' saga doesn't mean I don't remember what Gippal told me."
Squall got mad at the mention of that name. Once again Gippal hasn't done anything or said anything to him to make him mad but he didn't like him. Jealousy sucks.
"Oh, someone's got a problem with that name." Paine smiled seeing his reaction to the mention of Gippal.
"What did Gippal tell you?" Squall asked.
"C'mon, it hasn't been that long has it?" Paine asked. Squall looked at her in confusion. What is she talking about? He's never met her before.
Paine sighed, "Men. It was about 3 years ago. You went to go talk to Gippal about Rikku..."
Squall thought a moment. Now he remembered! It was the school year first started and him and Rikku weren't getting along.
"The bra!" He exclaimed, "It was yours?"
"Guilty." Paine nodded, "Gippal and I had a physical relationship when we were in the Crimson Squad. We had to be careful because we didn't want Baralai and Nooj to know about it. When you arrived we thought you were one of them so I quickly snuck out. I think your friends saw me though."
"Wakka and Tidus?" Squall asked.
"Yeah. Gippal explained to me later how you were all interested in Rikku. He said that you were asking him questions so you could hook up with her."
"I was not! I was just asking if she was good in battle!"
Paine smiled, "Right."
Squall crossed his arms and glared at Paine. He didn't have to explain himself to her.
"I got one more question."
"Hell no." He responded, not wanting to answer more 'personal' questions.
"This one is innocent I swear." Paine smiled.
Squall looked at her carefully. She looked sincere. Then again so did Rikku. "Fine." He said, giving in.
"What's the deal with the monkey? Why's he always stealing your girlfriend's neckalce?"
Squall smiled, knowing why Ghiki always went after Rinoa's necklace and gave it to Rikku.
"Because it use to be Rikku's. Ghiki believes me and Rikku are his parents and he remembers how Rikku always use to wear it." He expalined.
"It's like being divorced with a kid, huh?" Paine asked.
"You have no idea." He replied.
-------------------------------------------------------------- ---------------------------------------------------------------
They all sat around the kitchen as Rinoa and Squall explained everything about Kingdom Hearts, darkness, heartless, Samara, and Lenne.
"So Lenne's a sacrifice?" Yuna asked sadly. That must be hard to run from world to world as a young kid. It must be even more harder to know that if you're caught you're going to be a prisoner in your own body as someone used you to do horrible things.
"Yeah." Rinoa replied softly.
"I have a plan!" Brother spoke up happily, throwing up his hand.
"Who died and made you leader?" Rikku asked, glaring at him, "Everyone knows...he's the leader now." She glanced at Squall.
"I have a name, Rikku." Squall replied.
"Oh yeah. What is it? Leon?" She teased snottily.
"Rikku, be nice." Yuna said before Squall could respond. She was beginning to feel like the mother of two very stubborn little kids. Especially Rikku.
"But I AM leader!" Brother pouted.
"Fine!" Rikku sighed, "What's your plan?"
Brother brightened up, "We split into groups! Some go to the Farplane, some go to Bevelle, and some go to the Thunder Plains."
"Wow, that's actually a good idea!" Rikku smiled, "I'm going to the Thunder Plains. I know that place like the back of my hand now."
Squall looked at her in shock. Since when did Rikku like thunder and lightning? He thought she had astraphobia.
"Ok, Rikku, you got the Thunder Plains." Brother said.
"I wanna go to the Farplane...just in case." Rinoa said. She really hoped that that wasn't where she was going to see her cousin.
"Rikku, you're going to need to take some strong people with you. Baralai told me that there's this huge dragon guarding the documents." Paine said.
"I'll go." Irvine volunteered.
"She said strong." Seifer laughed, "I'll go."
"Er...ok. Rikku and the blonde." Brother decided. Irvine sat back and began pouting about how Seifer gets all the fun.
Squall glanced at Seifer, wondering what he was up to. There was no way that he wanted to leave him alone with Rikku. Even though they became good friends, Seifer could be a cocky jerk at times. Not to mention he'd probably pry Rikku with questions about hers and his past relationship.
"Squall, you should go with them." Rinoa said, "They don't know that much about Kingdom Hearts like we do."
"Ok, Rikku, the blonde one, and Leon." Brother decided, happy with his decision.
"That's a great idea!" Seifer smiled, "Just you, me, and Rikku!"
Yuna and Paine looked at eachother with concern as Rikku began protesting.
"No way!" She yelled, "I can't...not with him!"
"What happened between you two?" Quistis asked curiously, "You obviously have a huge problem with Leon, Rikku. We're all wondering."
Everyone looked at her, waiting for her to tell them what her deal with Squall was.
"I..." She looked around helplessly, "It's nothing. I have something to do." She quickly walked out the room. Yuna frowned as everyone's attention turned to Squall.
"Well?" Zell looked at him, expecting him to tell them since Rikku obviously wasn't.
"Well, what?" He asked, walking towards the door, "I'll be back."
"Squall...I think you shouldn't..."
"It's ok, Yuna." He interrupted, knowing she was worried about Rikku.
"But..."
"Let him go." Paine said, "Leon can handle her."
"That's what I'm afraid of!" Yuna replied. She then noticed that people were looking at them in confusion. "This is some good food." She commented, stuffing her mouth with more food before they could say anything.
------------------------------------------------------------- --------------------------------------------
Squall didn't have to go far to find Rikku. She didn't even make an effort to hide, her office room door was wide open as the light shined through the dimly lit hallway.
He walked in as if he had a right to be there, seeing her sitting at her desk in the corner writing something.
"Rikku, we need to talk." He said, walking to stand behind her chair.
She jumped slightly then turned in her chair to glare at him, "Says who? I have nothing to say to you."
"Yes you do."
"No, I don't."
Squall grabbed her chair, turning it around so that she faced him fully, "There's obviously some unfinished business between us and we need to get this out before we go on that mission together."
Rikku closed her eyes and looked away stubbornly, "Then don't go on the mission with me. Go with Rinoa!"
Ouch. So she was going to play that card? He knew what she was trying to do and he wasn't going to let her get off so easily.
"You're Brother told me to go with you. He is the leader." Squall responded even though he knew she didn't believe him. When has Squall ever listened to Brother?
"Yeah right." She snorted, "You just want to get on my last nerve. Go away!"
He shook his head, "We still need to talk."
"Fine, if you won't go then I will." She got up, only to be sat back down by Squall. He placed his hands on both her armrests so she couldn't get up again.
"Help! I'm being held prisoner in my own desk chair!" She shouted, giving Squall a threatening look, "Don't think I won't hurt you."
"I know you'll hurt me." He smirked, "But that doesn't mean I'm going to back down."
"What do you want, Leon?" She asked exasperated, "You already got what you wanted out of me! You lied to me! You used me! Can't you just leave me alone?"
His gaze softened as he saw that she was becoming sad, practically begging him to let her leave. Part of him was telling him too, that he caused her enough pain. The other part, the bigger part, was telling him not to let her go. Ever.
"No, I have to say this."
"I don't wanna hear it."
"Too bad, Rikku-OOMPH!" Rikku kneed him in the gut causing him to bend over in pain. She got up and began walking towards the door with a satisfied smile. 'Ok, she get's 20 brownie points for that. I didn't even see it coming. But it's not gonna be that easy!' He quickly intercepted her before she walked out the door. She began struggling in his grasp; calling him some very rude name in Al Bhed, but he was too strong.
He pushed her against the wall, managing to get her hands pinned over her head and her legs pinned by his. She continued cussing vigourously, trying to hit him again.
"That's a strong knee you got there." He said, still feeling a pain in his gut, "But it's not gonna be that easy. Now if I let you go will you listen voluntarily or do I have to force you to listen?"
"I'm don't need to listen to you." She replied angrily.
"Fine. It isn't like you can go anywhere now."
"I do bite!" She threatened.
"I know."
That made her even angrier as she began her cussing again. Squall watched her in astonishment as she called him every bad thing in the Al Bhed language.
"You have a potty mouth you know that?"
"All the things I say are the truth, Leon." She replied teasingly.
He looked at her with a weird expression on his face. "Don't...don't call me that." He said in complete seriousness.
She looked at him in confusion, "What? Yccruma? Vilgan? "
"No." He shook his head, "I don't care if you call me 'asshole' or 'fucker'. Don't call me Leon. It don't sound right coming from you. Call me Squall."
"Ok." She replied, "Sorry I...VILG! (FUCK!) Staying here with you for this long is converting me to be nice to you! LET ME GO!"
Squall grinned, "We haven't talked yet."
"Well get with the talking! The quicker we finish the quicker you'll let me go so I can beat your ass!"
"Now you're convincing me not to let you go because I really don't feel like having my ass beaten."
She exhaled angrily, "Are you enjoying this? Pissing me off?"
"Even though you do look cute when you're pissed..." He stopped, looking at her in shock. Did he just say that out loud?
"What?" She asked incredulously, "What did you say?"
"Nothing." He replied, quickly looking down. He shouldn't have said that. He only came here to tell her that he didn't mean those words he said to her in the past, that's all. She wasn't suppose to know how he felt now.
"Squall, tell me." She said softly, "Did you just say I look cute when I'm pissed?"
"Yes." He admitted looking back at her. She couldn't believe her ears, that's something the old Squallie would say.
They stood there staring at eachother for what seemed like forever, just exploring eachother's eyes. Squall finally released her hands but she didn't walk away or beat his ass like she threatened. She stood there, looking at him with curiousity. Despite himself, he reached out to brush her hair back as she leaned forward. Something in his mind was shouting at him to just walk away right now but the other emotions made him stay there and lean down towards her mouth.
"There's my girl!" Gippal exclaimed as he walked into the room. Rikku and Squall quickly jumped away from eachother, Rikku looking at Gippal with shock and guilt.
"Gippal!" She smiled nervously, "What...what are you doing here?"
"Well, I wanted to visit my favorite girl!" Gippal smiled, eyeing her suspicously. She looked too nervous, "No hug or kiss?"
"Oh yeah!" She smiled, running to give him a kiss. Squall watched in anger as Gippal wrapped an arm around Rikku; almost possessively.
"Hey, Squall! You're back!" He exclaimed, a fake smile on his face.
"Yeah." Squall said, managing to smile back, "I came back to do some important work."
"And Rikku's helping you?" Gippal asked, pulling Rikku closer to him, "That's my girl. Always helping someone."
Rikku gave him a small smile and shrugged, "That's what the Gullwing's do!"
"Your girl?" Squall asked in curiousity, "I thought she was Cid's girl."
"She was." Gippal smiled, this time it being real, "That is until we started dating last year."
---------------------------------------------------------------- --------------------------------------------------------------------------< br>