Final Fantasy - All Series Fan Fiction ❯ What's Left of Me ❯ How To Forget ( Chapter 10 )

[ X - Adult: No readers under 18. Contains Graphic Adult Themes/Extreme violence. ]

A/N: Sorry about the long wait. I've been totally swamped with school and stuff, so I'm taking the break to work on updating some of my stories. Hope you enjoy!
 
Disclaimer: I don't own it. *Sniffles*
 
*************************
Vincent mumbled softly in his sleep, turning as if trying to look away from his nightmares. A thin sheet of sweat formed on his brow, and, after a moment more of struggling, he woke with a start. His crimson eyes darted around the room as he tried to remember where he was and what was going on. He realized he was on the floor, and he turned onto his back, staring at the ceiling. He felt the sleep clear from his mind as he remembered that he was sharing a room with Cid at the hotel until Cid finished his deliveries. He sat up slowly, disentangling himself from the sheets.
 
Once he regained his feet, he tossed the sheets on the end of the bed, before sitting on the edge. He glanced around the dark room, letting his eyes rest on Cid's sleeping form in the other bed. He was grateful that Cid was a heavy sleeper. After a moment, he let his head fall to his hands, closing his eyes. He was still as images from his dreams flashed before him.
 
A pair of brilliant green eyes flashed open, staring back at him, before the image shifted. The sound of shattering crystal filled his ears, and a figure fell to the ground.
 
Vincent opened his eyes quickly, sitting up. His eyes widened as realization dawned on him. He knew those eyes. His memory was not as sharp as if used to be, but even if he lived for a million years he could not forget those eyes. He stood, pulling on a pair of black combat boots and his cloak. He left the room silently, walking into the frozen darkness. What did it all mean?
 
Was there some hidden message behind his dream? Was someone trying to tell him something?
 
He paused in the middle of a dark street, feeling the winter chill all the way to his bones. He watched his breath fog the air, once more feeling the sensation that someone was watching him. He shivered slightly, glancing up and down the deserted street. His dream unnerved him, and he tried to convince himself that the chill down his spine was simply an after-effect. He took a cautious step forward, feeling as if he was moving through water. He needed to get away from it. He needed to find safety; he needed to forget.
 
And he knew no hideout or place where he could find the comfort he sought, save for one. Once he made up his mind, he looked up, realizing his feet knew where to go before his mind did. He felt the oddest warmth build in his chest as the Seventh Heaven came into view. His footsteps quickened.
 
********************
Tifa sighed shortly, rolling over in her bed. She had been lying awake the entire night long, thinking about Vincent. She couldn't put him out of her mind, and the knot in her stomach wouldn't let her relax.
 
She wanted to see him again, even though he'd only been gone for a few hours. She hated the way she was feeling, yet she couldn't erase the smile on her face at the thought. She closed her eyes and sighed, snuggling into her pillow. She finally felt sleep coming, when a shadow suddenly fell across her window, effectively blocking the moonlight.
 
Her hazel eyes opened in confusion, focusing on the offender. She gasped, then smiled when she realized who it was. She got to her feet, walking to the window and opening it. She stepped back as a shadow dropped inside.
 
“What are you doing here?” she whispered softly, still smiling.
 
He stood, catching her in his arms. “Would you believe me if I said I missed you?” he asked softly, his lips brushing her ear.
 
She shivered, only partly because the window was still open. “Maybe,” she said, her voice barely audible. She felt the knot in her stomach tighten at the sound of his voice and his nearness. She saw him smirk from the corner of her eye.
 
“Well, I did,” he whispered, placing a single kiss just below her ear.
 
“But I doubt that's why you're here,” she breathed, shivering against the cold.
 
He drew bck to look at her. “You're right,” he said quietly. “It's not.” He felt her quivering beneath his fingertips, and his eyes narrowed in concern, until he felt a crisp breeze blow into the room. “Sorry,” he whispered, turning to close the window.
 
“T-that's a-alright,” Tifa managed, wrapping her arms around herself for warmth.
 
He turned to face her, seeing her shaking. “No,” he said, pulling her into his arms. “It's not. You could get sick.” He looked at her a moment, before smiling playfully. “But you might have gotten sick anyway.”
 
Her eyes narrowed at him, despite the shivers shaking her. “What's that supposed to mean?” she breathed.
 
He scooped her into his arms, carrying her over to her bed. “It means,” he said, putting her down, “that for someone with usually excellent common sense, you're obviously not thinking clearly right now.”
 
She propped herself up on her elbows, arching a brow at him. “And why is that?” she asked.
 
“Because,” he said slowly, kneeling next to the bed, “no one sleeps in just a t-shirt in the middle of winter.” He watched her glance at herself, and, realizing he was right, blushed furiously. He smirked, arching a brow at her.
 
She refused to look at him, the blush eventually fading. Eventually she did look at him, her hazel eyes innocent. She turned on her side, bringing her face closer to his. She reached toward him, suddenly grabbed a fist full of his cloak, and pulled him closer. She leaned forward, brushing her nose against his ear.
 
“At least I decided to wear something tonight,” she whispered seductively, intentionally taking her time and letting her breath caress his ear. She slowly released him, noticing how tense his shoulders were as he pulled away from her. She smiled when she saw the look on his face.
 
His crimson eyes were wide and bewildered as he stared at her. He was completely silent for a while, before finding his voice. “You're lying,” he whispered.
 
She smirked, bringing her lips to brush his. “Am I?” She pressed her lips against his in a tender kiss. When she pulled away, she smiled, searching his gaze.
 
“So are you going to tell me why you're here?” she asked.
 
Confusion creased his brow for a moment, before his expression went blank. “I…I forgot,” he said, looking away.
 
Tifa frowned, unable to tell if he had or not. She honestly doubted it, seeing as there wasn't a thing you could ask that he wouldn't know, so she settled for the thought that he just didn't want to talk about it right now. She placed a hand on his cheek, drawing his gaze back to her.
 
She was surprised when she realized how cold to the touch he was. “You're so cold,” she whispered, concern in her voice.
 
He placed his hand over hers, feeling the warmth from her hand. “I'm alright,” he said, watching her sit up and flip her dark brown hair over her shoulder.
 
“Do you want to get sick?” she asked incredulously, sitting on the edge of the bed.
 
“No, but—“
 
“Get up,” Tifa ordered, getting to her feet. She watched as he stood. Then she stepped toward him, pulling at the silver buckles on his cloak.
 
“Tifa, what are you—“
 
“Give me this,” she said, pulling it off with a quick yank. She tossed it over the back of a chair, then turned her gaze back on him. She let her eyes travel down to his feet, noticing for the first time his black boots, which were wet from trudging through the snow. She pointed at them. “Take those off.”
 
He narrowed his eyes at her. “Tifa…”
 
“Now,” she said firmly.
He heaved a sigh and rolled his eyes, sitting on the edge of the bed. He slowly took his shoes off, noticing Tifa's bare feet and legs in front of him. He slowly brought his gaze up, letting his crimson eyes linger on her bare skin.
 
“Hey,” she said softly, her voice heavy with some indiscernible emotion.
 
He looked up at her face.
 
“Eyes here,” she said, pointing to her face and smiling mischievously.
 
He quirked a brow. He was tempted to let a retort slip, but stopped when she suddenly straddled his waist. He watched as she intertwined her fingers in his, placing one of his hands on her shoulder, while slowly pulling the glove off the over. Once it was bare, she turned his hand up, dragging her lips across his palm. She smirked when she heard him release his breath in a soft hiss. Her smirk was still in place as she did the same to his other hand, before lifting her gaze to meet his.
 
“Tifa..?” he whispered.
 
She smiled softly at the expression on his face. “Still cold?” she whispered.
 
He laughed softly. “Not even,” he said. He put a hand behind her head and pulled her down to kiss her. He smiled against her lips as she forced him back, pulling at the buckles on his chest. He slowly slid his fingers tips along her thigh, feeling her shudder.
 
Tifa gasped, pulling back. “I thought you—“
 
His crimson eyes flashed in the darkness. “There was you first mistake, Tifa,” he growled, his hands on her waist. He roughly lifted her, switching places so that he hovered over her. “You thought.”
 
Her hazel eyes widened in surprise, before a smile came to her lips. “Oh?” she purred. “What's that supposed to mean?”
 
Once more he smiled, only this time it was somewhat vindictive. “Shall I show you?”
 
Tifa gasped as she felt his hands drift across her body. She shivered at the feel of his fingers on her stomach. She closed her eyes as he kissed her lips once more, before slowly drifting down to kiss along her chin and jaw.
 
******************************
A/N: I hate to end it there, but I wanted to post a warning. THERE WILL BE A LEMON NEXT CHAPTER! Repeat: LEMON NEXT CHAPTER! There will be a warning before the lemon parts and after, so if you'd like to skip over it, that will be possible, as it will not affect the plot much. I just wanted to give fair warning, so if you are squeamish or under age, hide your eyes!