Fire Emblem Fan Fiction ❯ It's For You ❯ Chaper One ( Chapter 1 )

[ P - Pre-Teen ]

He walked through the field listening as he heard footsteps approaching him, her footsteps. Her strides were long as fast. He noticed the sound of metal drawn from the sheath and his body reacted on command drawing his own sword and connecting his blade with hers. This more than anything surprised him and his shocked expression was painted on his face but soon faded back to his stoic demeanor.
“You…” Her eyes narrowed in anger as she looked at him with an enraged, disgruntled look. “How dare you!”
Her sword swung with quick motions, making a scene on the training field that caused the people around to stop and look at what was happening. Each of her swings was equally and easily blocked by him but still causing him to step back and move ever so slowly away from his attacker, thou she stayed with him and continued her attack.
“How dare you!” She shouted again at his poker face the he wore too well on his face, tears now threatening to fall from her enraged eyes.
After some time she stopped, breathing heavily after the one sided battle. The knight stepped back and gave up letting his sword slip from his fingers and fall to the ground with a thud. His eyes followed after not being able to look at the one he hurt but cared for the most. He wouldn't blame her if she just killed him right then and there, in fact he believed he deserved to die by her hands.
No…this. This pissed her off beyond belief now. To think the he would just stop and let her… no.
She was finished with this foolishness, she force fully threw her rapier to the floor and stepped towards of him. With all the strength she had her hand quickly slapped his face.
His head turned with the impact of the blow, but he did not feel to turn it back or yet to look at her as his eyes were still glued to the ground.
“Do you not even have the decency to look at me?” She yelled tears starting to fall and her voice threatened to quiver. Her body began to shake with the excess of adrenaline still pumping through her and the rage still over coming her.
“Seth,” she spoke his name, once with love and content, now with only anger and pain. “Look at me…Look at me!” She commanded.
His crimson eyes move to connect with her sapphire ones. She could see his pain, not for the pain in his cheek, but for what he had done to her, no…No she knows he believes he did it for her.
“Your high-“
“No!” she yelled cutting him off, her fingers clenched to a fist trying to stop her will to slap him once more, letting her nails dig into her skin.
“Princess Eirika…”
“NO! You do not get to make any excuses! Seth, you just went behind my back like that? If you truly cared for me…” Her voice trailed off not wanting to finish her sentence, not know how to finish it. She loved him and she knew he loved her. I didn't make sense to her!
Neither cared for the stares they received from the soldiers and people on the field. Tough surly the reputation of the legendary `Silver Knight' would be hurt for being pushed around by the Princess, and she, the esteemed princess going mad and attacking a soldier out of nowhere. Rumors quickly spread and villagers talk. But neither care for their only problem was with each other at the moment.
One of audience members was the young knight, Franz. As soon as she saw the princess approach the knight with her sword the cavalier quickly ran into the castle for help.
It wasn't until Ephraim arrived with Kyle and Forde by his side and took Eirika away before she pounced on Seth and clawed his face off.
Kyle had waved off the surrounding speculators telling them there was nothing to see and it was none of their businesses as the new king of the land led his hysterical twin sister back to the castle while the two other knights stayed with the Paladin.
The blond one of the three was the first to break the silence that had filled the air after Eirika and Ephraim were gone. He let out a low whistle and nudged Seth's shoulder.
“Man you must have messed up big time,” Forde said playfully and chuckling after his comment but quickly stopped as the red haired knight gave him a look that made his skin crawl.
“Forde it is none of your business,” Kyle started to scold.
“Yeah, yeah, I heard you tell everyone else already…”
Forde walked away with a slightly angered Kyle following suit to leave Seth to himself to think. He knew what he did was right for Eirika and for their country. He knew it came with sacrifices and other bumps but it was for the better, it was for her. It was the right thing to do…right?
So why in the world didn't it feel right anymore?
So the `Silver Knight', just stood there and wondered.