Flame Of Recca Fan Fiction ❯ marriage by agreement ❯ Night ( Chapter 5 )

[ P - Pre-Teen ]

The city of Osaka in spring is the common cocoon for newlyweds. The newly blossomed flowers and the contrasts of colors is enough to satisfy the attention of romantic setting hungry couples. But for Kagero, the place is gray; because this tow offered her a lot of hardships in the past. As for Tokiya, while driving at their proposed honeymoon place, his eyes are on the road but his thoughts are on Kagero's words the day before. “I loved him more than your father”. Is it only a lie to appease Recca's anger or was it real? But Kagero's coldness, the way she seemed not to care at all about their supposed marriage made him suspect that it was really just a part of the act. They were both silent throughout the journey and Tokiya wondered if they really need to do this important test of their pretension.
Honeymoon.
“Were here” he said breaking the silence as he parked the car on their summer house.
“Lovely place” was Kager's reply but words were not enough to describe the house. A nice old cottage, a sakura tree, all it needed was a happy couple and a child playing on the background.
She erased the thought. It was somehow a dangerous thing to think of.
Tokiya helped her with her luggage and while entering his domain she cannot help but smile at the interior of the house. It has the same grim furniture as was found in Tetsuo's house.
“Maybe the house is dull” he said confirming her suspicion. “But you'll like the village. Once were settled, I can take you out to see the village.
She smiled broadly and Tokiya saw the transformation on her countenance, she really was a lovely woman. No wonder Tetsuo's smitten. “Thank you. Ill be ready in ten minutes”
“Ok take your time”
When Kagero went down the stairs later, Tokiya's breath was instantly taken away. She was wearing a pale yellow summer dress and it complimented her aura well. Tokiya was not sure on how to react so he just offered his arms. “Let's go?”
“Yes”
The lake of *Ishikago was their first stop and Kagero would have declined going to the place but unsure on how to explain why, she agreed to go in the end. It was as she recalled a hundred years ago; serene. Tokiya held her hand as they walk and both enjoyed capturing the beauty of the place. The spell was broken though when Kagero saw the dreaded place where Oka died, she froze and would have fell if she wasn't caught by Tokiya.
“Kagero” Tokiya saw her pale face and somehow knew that there was something significant with place. What's weird is that he was also feeling a turbulence of emotions. “What the hell is wrong with this tree?” he muttered aloud.
“Let's go please” Kagero said
 
"Here that's all i got for now" Tokiya said and handed her a cup of sake. After she's finished with her cup he poured one for himself and drank it. He too needed the warmth of it because his nerves are getting rather edgy at the moment.
"Can i have more?" Kagero asked and a while later when both of them filled and refilled their cups they lay at the bed holding each others hand staring at the ceiling.
"This place" Tokiya started; "Does it hold a lot of sad memories for you?"
"Yes" was the only reply he got.
He tried more. "You're thinking about him do you? You're first husband i mean."
"No. Why would i? You're here now Tokiya"
"What do you mean?" Tokiya's heart was beating wildly now.
Silence.
Finally Tokiya turned to her and smiled. "I guess i don't care then" and kissed her.
 
 
The moment itself was unexplainable to him. All he knew was they were alone in this place. And he was with his wife.
It was sweet serenity. A sweet destiny.
 
As for Kagero she cannot believe that this was the same place where she shared the same sweet moment with Oka.
The man who they call Tokiya Mikagami now.
 
Tokiya was wakened when he felt Kagero slipping from his embrace. Pretending to still be asleep he waited till he felt her grabbing her robe and went out.
He smiled, thinking about what just happened. Kagero's coldness of the past few days was easily melted with this night of pure hot and unmatched passion. Smile still lingering on his lips he is already envisioning the days ahead of them. So this marriage will work out after all. Hopefully.
 
Kagero felt her presence. One of the guardians was outside. How could he have learned about her plans this fast? Tokiya must not see her. She'll surely give away her secrets.
No.
A whip was working its way towards her; she moved backwards hoping it would miss her. It did but managed to hit her arm.
"Kagero" Meleka slipped out from the shadows and faced her.
"What do you want?"
"You know damn well what i want!" she screamed and started to work out her whip again. "You cannot escape all of this Kagero! Not when it involves all of us too! I'll stop you!” She was hysterical now and tried to whip Kagero again who by this time are too startled to move she closed her eyes and waited for the blow of pain.
Nothing.
She opened her eyes and saw Tokiya, ensui on hand cutting the whip.
"Who are you? What do you want from my wife?"
"Stay out of this! This is between me and Kagero"
"Maybe but she's my wife you can't make me stay away"
"No!" she aimed at Tokiya. Tokiya, prepared for her next move reached for the obaken and blew a wave of ice on her Sending Meleka crashing on the nearby tree.
"Now get out of here or else you'll get more than that".
Meleka injured and all managed to get up stared at Kagero and whispered "Whatever you do you cannot escape this fate of yours Kagero. Not when I can help it"
Then she was gone.
Kagero instantly went back, holding her injured arm. Tokiya assisting her in.
"What does she want?" Tokiya said as they went inside.
"Nothing"
"Oh no my dear wife" She raised her chin to meet his face. "You cannot keep secrets from me anymore".
She brushed his hand, and made her way towards their room till she felt strong hands grasping her hand tight.
"Even if were married by name only i still own you and no wife of mine keeps secrets from me. Understood?"
Kagero was stunned with his words and realized he was right. But what will she tell him? She needs to think of something. She cannot fail not when she's so close.
For the sake of her family. Recca and Tokiya.