Forgotten Realms Fan Fiction ❯ The Fateful Coin ❯ Chapter 9 Part Two: Ties ( Chapter 11 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

Chapter 9 Part 2: Ties
 
Thalen awoke in a dank cell his head throbbing furiously; with each breath, pain flashed though his skull. He was chained, shackled at his wrists and ankles the length of wrought steel binding him fast. At least it would have if he were a normal man; he looked at his constraints and snorted loudly with contempt. These idiots had NO idea what they were dealing with. Thalen stood, stretched, now to get the guards attention. He sighed this really was for their own good, but he had a sinking feeling he was going to hurt like hell when this was all over. He walked across the floor of the cell to the door and began shouting for the guards for all he was worth. Shortly a pair of guards came to see what all the noise was about, seeing the guards arrive he could not help it when he groaned out, “Finally.”
Sampson was irked that he had to walk away from his ale and hot meal all the way down here where it was cold, dark, and musty. He was more irritated when he learned that it was the new prisoner making all that noise. Peevishly, he yelled, “Stop yer caterwauling you flea bitten pile of sludge.” Sampson received a deadly glare as a reply and he could not help but shiver, those damn golden eyes were bloody creepy. Then the prisoner spoke, his voice a soft growl, “Move me to a stronger cell.”“What's the matter yer highness yer accommodation not good enough for yer?” Sampson sneered. Thalen just smiled and laughed, “That isnot the problemhowever this IS.” Samson's eyes went wide as he watched three-inch fangs sprout from the prisoner's mouth, he turned numb with shock, and horror as the man shattered the shackles holding him. Dumbstruck & gaping like a fool; Sampson just stood there and watched as the now unrestrained prisoner reached out seized the cell door heaved and snapped it like a twig. The man rushed though the remains of the door and gripped Sampson by the front of his shirt and raised him to eye level, “Like I said, move me to a stronger cell, this one seems to be broken.”
 
Thalen squeezed the guard's throat tighter, just enough to get his complete attention, “Now you're going to listen and do exactly as I say or else you and everyone else in this miserable hole will die tomorrow; and I really don't wantprison guard for dinner.You pathetic humans taste worse than you smell.”
 
Anashra awoke to a massive headache, and this gave her a foul mood, made worse by her recollections of last night. She was mad; no, she was livid with self-fury. Those four morons had accosted her and instead of beating them into them next century like any self respecting woman Thalen to come to her rescue. She was not sure if she wanted thank him or throttle him upside his impossibly thick skull. “Thalen you moron! You just hadto get your ass arrested! Now I have to find a way to get your sorry hide out of jail! Ugh! Great, Justgreat now, I am talking to myself! When I get you out of there I am going to make you wish I hadn't.” Rubbing her temples she sighed, what was she going to do? She had no money, compliments of the cutpurse who made off with her coins last night. It would take gold and a vast amount of it to get Thalen out of the prison, since she had no coin she'd have to make some. She stood and grasped the magical bag of holding fingering the strings lightly, thinking about its contents, the gifts from Lei