Fruits Basket Fan Fiction / Harry Potter - Series Fan Fiction ❯ My Tourniquet ❯ Welcome Home--Not ( Chapter 2 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

My Tourniquet
Welcome Home—Not
 
“Human beings are like parts of a body,
created from the same essence.
When one part is hurt and in pain,
the others cannot remain in peace and quiet.
If the misery of others leaves you indifferent,
and with no feelings of sorrow,
You cannot be called a human being.”
 
--Moslih Eddin Sa'adi
.
..
Akito stared up at the house.
 
“I know it's not much,” Shigure spoke hastily.
 
“It's fine,” Akito interrupted. Shigure gave a slight nod and smile.
 
“Come on, I'll show you to your room then.”
 
“Is it near yours?”
 
Shigure hesitated before saying, “Only if you want it to be.”
 
“Good.”
 
Shigure took that as a `yes-I-want-to-be-near-to-you-say-so-otherwise-and-you're-as-good-as-dead' good. Nodding the dog led him down the hall. He was hoping they'd not run into someone, praying that they wouldn't, but he knew otherwise. He could feel it.
 
`Well that's new, being able to tell if something's going to go wrong,' Shigure thought. Just as he thought that did Tohru run into him. She was racing down the hall to get to the kitchen and in doing so crashed into Shigure's chest. Now she was falling to the floor and a surprised Akito ended up catching her. Akito scowled and moved to drop her when she leapt out of his arms and went to the dog that was Shigure to see if he was alright.
 
“Tohru-chan I'm fine,” Shigure whined at the fifth time she asked.
 
“Shigure, let's go.” The coldness in Akito's voice caused Tohru to notice him. She gasped.
 
“Oh I'm sorry! Um….”
 
“Let's go Shigure,” Akito demanded. “Now.” He was starting to feel a little faint and uncomfortable.
 
“Hai,” the dog Shigure replied. “It's the next door.”
 
“Thanks,” Akito mumbled, shocking Shigure—Akito had never thanked someone, at least not since he was little. “Oh and Shigure?”
 
“Yes?”
 
“Get some clothes on.” The door to the room snapped shut just as Shigure changed back.
 
The inu blinked.
 
“How does he do that?” he mumbled before grabbing his clothes and changing.
.
..
…(nearly fifteen minutes later)
Shigure, Tohru, Yuki and Kyo all sat down to eat. Once Shigure noticed the food he remembered that Hatori had said Akito hadn't been eating lately, so before he even touched his food he asked Tohru a question.
 
“Tohru-chan?” the dog asked as the others began to eat.
 
“Hai Shigure-san?” Tohru replied.
 
“Can you make some soup?”
 
“Hai!”
 
“Why do you need soup, Shigure?” Yuki questioned.
 
“Ah…”
 
“It's for that boy, right?” Tohru smiled.
 
“Ah, yes,” Shigure smiled.
 
“What boy,” Kyo demanded.
 
“Eh….”
 
“Shigure.”
 
All turned towards the voice. Akito stared pointedly at the cursed dog.
 
“Hai Akito-sama?” Shigure asked.
 
Akito glanced at everyone in the room before walking out. As he left Shigure was sure he saw a flash of pain on the Sohma head's face.
 
“Was that—” Yuki began.
 
“—Akito!?” Kyo finished angrily.
.
..
Akito staggered in the hallway as what was once a slight buzz, lightheadedness, and fatigue now became pain.
 
`Hurry up Shigure,' Akito thought. `Hurry up.'
 
The Sohma head grimaced and leaned against a wall.
 
`By God hurry up!'
.
..
“Hai. Excuse me.” Shigure stood and moved towards the door out of the room. Yuki and Kyo blocked his path.
 
“We want answers now, Shigure,” Yuki said.
 
“For one why is he in this house?” Kyo demanded.
 
“Move or I'll make you,” Shigure said seriously. Kyo and Yuki were shocked. They had never seen this Shigure. As far as they knew this Shigure never existed. Still the two young Sohma stood ground.
 
Shigure sighed and instantly both rat and cat crumpled to the ground unconscious.
 
“I warned you,” the inu mumbled. His ears picked up slightly haggard breathing. He was out of the room before anyone could blink.
.
..
Akito's breathing was becoming short. His vision swam as the pain increased tenfold.
 
`Why now?' he thought faintly. `Why now? Why when I'm here? Why when they can hear?' He didn't have the answers and he wanted them. He slid the rest of the way to the ground, eyes widening, one hand clutching his clothed chest and the other trying to hold onto the wall. `Hurry up Shigure! I—I can't—'
 
“Akito!” Shigure called. He raced into the hallway just in time for Akito to open his mouth to scream. The scream was muffled by Shigure's hand and the inu winced as Akito bit down, hard. “Damn it!” Shigure growled. Akito was visibly shaking and finally he fell against Shigure's chest into blissful unconsciousness.
 
Sighing Shigure picked up the lighter boy and carried him back towards his room, grabbing a phone on his way.
 
He needed to call Hatori.
.
..
Akito awoke slowly, registering first the voices and then their faces. He was thankful the lights were dim.
 
“How are you feeling, Akito-sama?”
 
“Fine,” Akito snapped out. He sat up as Hatori moved to push him back down. “Stop Hatori. I'm fine.”
 
Hatori nodded and moved back.
 
“Did anyone see?” Akito questioned Shigure without looking at him.
 
“No. Yuki and Kyo were unconscious and Tohru concerned for them,” Shigure replied.
 
“Erase their memories.”
 
Hatori gave a nod and left.
 
“Assist him Shigure,” Akito commanded. Shigure nodded and stood to leave. Akito stopped him in the doorway.
 
“Shigure?”
 
“Hai?” Shigure asked.
 
Akito didn't answer. He sat there for a few seconds before snapping, “Why are you still here? Get out!”
 
Shigure nodded and left the room. The door shut just as Akito reached a hand out.
 
“Wa—” Akito pulled his hand back and closed his eyes.
 
“Thank you,” the Sohma head spoke, “I wanted to say thank you….” Akito stood and moved towards the wall before sitting down again, leg bent and an arm upon the leg. He turned his face to the side to stare at the wall.
 
As Hatori and Shigure erased Yuki, Kyo and Tohru's memories Akito just stared at the wall, eyes distant as he thought on his life and the feeling of loneliness that resided within.