Fruits Basket Fan Fiction / Harry Potter - Series Fan Fiction ❯ My Tourniquet ❯ December ( Chapter 3 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

My Tourniquet
December
 
“God gave us our memories so that we might have roses in December.”
 
--Sir James Barrie
.
..
Akito didn't have any more attacks like he had the first day. He was deemed healthy enough to go to school by Hatori, but told to keep safe. Akito knew not to test his body too much and therefore would keep safe; if he didn't have an attack that is….
 
Right now Akito was staring into the mirror at the school uniform he had to wear. He was beginning to regret his decision but still stood adamant behind it. He wanted out. He wanted to be free. This was how he was going to do it.
 
“Are you ready, Akito-sama?” Shigure asked, stepping into the room to find Akito staring at his reflection.
 
“Hai. Is Yuki and the outsider ready?” Akito questioned. He purposely left out Kyo, the forbidden member of the Zodiac.
 
“Hai,” Shigure replied.
 
“Let's go.”
.
..
Akito had silently slipped in when Kyo was yelling.
 
“That bastard! What does he want!? I can't believe he's going to school with us!”
 
“Kyo-kun!” Tohru cried. “Akito-san has been very kind his entire stay—”
 
“He's been secluded his entire stay, Honda-san,” Yuki intervened. “There are things about Akito that you can't know, and things you should never know.”
 
Tohru quieted.
 
“Well what I want to know is what that bastard wants! I want to know what he's planning!”
 
“Hai but yelling won't get us anywhere, baka neko,” Yuki said. “You may alert Akito.”
 
“I still don't see—”
 
“Honda-san,” Yuki intervened again, “Akito is a cold-hearted man who takes pleasure in others' pain. He's not known to be kind. You haven't met the real Akito yet, and I hope you never do.”
 
“Is that what you really think of me, Yuki?” All three turned to see Akito in the doorway, Shigure behind him looking highly disappointed. “Do you really think of me as an unkind person? Someone who loves others pain? Someone who wants nothing more than to be cruel his entire life?”
 
Yuki looked entirely floored. He didn't want Akito to hear that. In fact he was afraid of what Akito my do when he heard that.
 
“Should I have let you leave the house sooner, then? To allow you to get away from me? Or should I have kept you there? To keep a constant watch on you, to be mean to you? Tell me Yuki. Tell me.”
 
Yuki couldn't respond.
 
“I see.”
 
Akito didn't smirk nor frown. His face was entirely impassive.
 
“Neko, I had expected you to act like this, but thought you would know better. I am guessing you'd rather retur—” Akito began again, only to be interrupted by Kyo.
 
“You dare suggest it and I'll kill you!” Kyo yelled. “Head of the Sohma family or not! I'll kill you!”
 
“You can't,” Akito said with a smirk. “You're too weak. You're too scared.”
 
Kyo was turning red in the face and finally he broke, flying faster than the normal eye at Akito. Akito moved to the left slightly as Kyo appeared, before kicking up his knee and placing his hands upon Kyo's head. He smirked down at the cat just as he cried out. Akito let go but Kyo still cried out in pain, clutching his head.
 
“Hurts?” Akito questioned. “That is the price to pay for hurting the head of the Sohma family. Remember it.”
 
The pain ceased, leaving Kyo kneeling on the ground, nearly gasping for breath. He had one major headache now.
 
“Bastard,” he mumbled, standing. Tohru looked surprised and finally yelled at Akito.
 
“How could you hurt him like that?” she demanded. “How could you hurt someone related to you?”
 
Akito turned blazing eyes on Tohru and replied, “They have no right to attack their head. They have no right to exercise control over me. I control them. They are loyal to me and me only. I have the right to punish them as I please, outsider. Remember that well or your memories may just be erased and you kicked out on the curb.”
 
Tohru shut up as Yuki glared at Akito. Akito met his gaze head on and there seemed to be a battle of wills before Yuki turned away with a slight flinch.
 
Shigure interrupted any new fight that was about to break out. “Why don't we head to school, we'll be late if we stay here any longer.”
 
Akito looked towards him before nodding. Everyone began to leave.
.
..
Words were flowing around the school as Akito entered. They had received word that a new student was about to enter, and even more that he was related to Yuki, so when they saw him they were surprised.
 
“He look's just like Prince Yuki.” (am I the only one who noticed a high similarity between Yuki and Akito?)
 
“Did you see his eyes? They're wonderful.”
 
“That hair is amazing!”
 
Akito's lip nearly curled at the comments. Yuki, Kyo and Tohru veered away from Akito and Shigure as the two headed towards the office.
 
“Who is that tall guy?”
 
“Why is he with the new guy?”
 
“Oh I wonder what the new guy's name is!”
 
“Isn't the tall guy cute?”
 
“Doesn't he live with Prince Yuki?”
 
Shigure was grinning at the comments but his grin was smothered by a look from Akito.
 
“No silliness here, understood, Shigure?” Akito stated quietly.
 
“Hai Akito-sama,” Shigure replied just as quietly. Akito spoke no more just as they reached the office. Both walked up towards the desk and Shigure spoke, “Konnichiwa, miss.”
 
“Konnichiwa,” the secretary replied. “Please state your name and business.”
 
Shigure was about to start speaking when Akito spoke. “Sohma Akito and Sohma Shigure. We're here for my class schedule.”
 
“Ah,” the secretary said with a smile, “here you go Sohma-san. Hanajima Saki will show you around.” The secretary handed over the class schedule which Akito took silently.
 
“We also need to speak with the headmaster,” Shigure smiled.
 
“I don't—”
 
“It is requiring certain aspects of my schooling,” Akito stated coldly. “I believe Hatori said that we would be here?”
 
“I'll call and ask the headmaster,” the secretary said slowly. She called the headmaster and received a negative answer. “I'm afraid he was no appointment.”
 
Akito's hands balled into fists and his teeth clenched together tightly. His eyes flashed angrily.
 
“Then I am assuming the staff knows that I am to be watching Akito at all times?” Shigure asked. He had stopped saying `Akito-sama' at the school as per Hatori's request and Akito's consent.
 
“I have never—”
 
“We will speak with the headmaster of this establishment now,” Akito said dangerously. The secretary just nodded and led they way to his office.
 
“Sir, there are some people here to see you,” the secretary called.
 
“I am very busy, Tenshi,” a man called back. The secretary got nervous under Akito's constant stare.
 
“Sir, they are—”
 
The headmaster could apparently sense the woman's unease and opened the door, welcoming Akito and Shigure in.
 
“What may I do for you?” he questioned. “You have interrupted a very important call.”
 
“Hatori should have told the school of Akito's…condition,” Shigure said, “and that I am to watch him at all times. The secretary says that she does not know of this.”
 
“Ah, yes, Sohma-san did mention this and we have a staff member—”
 
“No.”
 
The headmaster looked shocked at Akito's sudden cold tone.
 
“What?”
 
“I said `no'. I will not have one of your staff members keep watch over me when they know nothing of what I need caring for. Either Shigure will keep an eye on me or you will be out of office.”
 
“You can't—”
 
“I can.” Akito's gaze told the headmaster he would, too, and the headmaster relented.
 
“Fine. Show this note to all of your teachers,” the headmaster spoke, writing something down on a piece of paper. “They will understand.” Shigure gave a nod of thanks and they left. The headmaster leaned back into his chair, breathing a sigh of relief.
.
..
Hana led them to the first class they had and entered the room. Not once did she speak upon Akito's vibes (which she sensed great confusion and distrust) and left Akito and Shigure's sides shortly after they entered. Akito stared at the room, gaze sweeping through it and finally landing on the rat, cat, and outsider. His lips curled. So they were in the same classes as him.
 
The teacher stared at them for a moment before Shigure handed her the letter. She swiftly read it and smiled.
 
“Ah, welcome Akito-san and Shigure-san,” she said.
 
“Please, call me Shigure Ms,” Shigure replied.
 
“Very well then. Shigure you're going to have to sit in the back while Akito-san sits near Yuki-san.” (I am not saying Sohma because that'd be very confusing)
 
Shigure glanced at Akito whom nodded. The entire action wasn't missed by the teacher. She put it to rest for further questioning.
 
“Hai,” Shigure replied, “that'll be fine.” The teacher nodded and smiled as the two walked away. Akito barely caught Hana's words to Tohru, Yuki, Kyo and another woman.
 
“It is strange,” Hana said softly, “I have similar vibes coming from Yuki and Kyo in Akito, but there is something more. I think he's confused…and he has great distrust.”
 
Tohru looked concernedly in his direction. He ignored her and continued on to his seat.
 
Slowly the class began as Shigure stood against the back of the wall, writing in a notebook (for a story no doubt) while keeping an eye on all of the present Sohma's.
.
..