Fruits Basket Fan Fiction / InuYasha Fan Fiction ❯ In Love With The Zodiac ❯ Mors ( Chapter 6 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]
S.N.: A KagomeKyo pairing! I’m a bit stuck on the KagomeShigure one. Hope you like this! I was listening to the Russian version of All The Things She Said by Tatu. It’s a bit drabblish in my opinion. And a bit angst, too. I think the KagomeYuki one will be a it angst, too. Title means ‘death’. ^_^; My grandmother’s death is affecting me a great deal seeing how she died one month and twelve days on June 11th, exactly four months after my grandfather’s death on February 11th. Cancer took my grandmother’s life and some sort of blood clot in my grandfather’s leg took his life.

Kyo - 16, Kagome - 16

Disclaimer: I no own Fruits Basket or Inuyasha. I still can’t find my DVD… T_T

---

Mors

Kyo sat on the roof to Shigure’s house. He usually went there when he was brooding or thinking. His ruby orbs looked down to Tohru who walked out of the house with Hiro and Kisa, who had come over earlier. The trio were going to the park if he heard properly.

“Your thinking again you stupid cat.” Kyo looked over to Yuki who sat a few feet from him.

“Yeah. So what?” the neko replied and asked the nezumi.

“You’re thinking of her again. Aren’t you? You couldn’t have saved her, not even Hatori could.” Yuki stated his questions quietly.

Kyo looked away from his cousin. Usually he would’ve picked a fight with him, but Kyo couldn’t today.

Silence hung heavily between the two, even if the birds were chirping on the clear day. The orange haired neko looked up at the blue sky, a few clouds lazily drifted by. Kyo could feel Yuki looking at him from the corning of his eye.

“I miss her. Her reaction to the curse was similar to Tohru’s, only she went to Hatori and Ayame.”

The neko could hear the nezumi of the juunishi sigh lightly, “Yes, I miss her as well. Though, she was more of a sister to me than to you.”

Kyo nodded, she did act as a sister for the damn rat when he was at the main house. Kagome could get Yuki to smile, she could even tolerate the hebi without getting mad or annoyed.

“That’s how Ayame is. Sure he’s flamboyant and a bit on the obnoxious side, but he has a caring and compassionate side as well. He means well, but it’s a bit hard for him to voice even with a straight face, so he tends to be the way he is.”

“She could tolerate my brother. As if it were one of the easiest things in the world.” Yuki stated, more to himself than to Kyo.

He watched the orange head nod slightly. His cousin, the baka neko, was in love with Kagome. Sure she had seen his true form, but it was as if she wasn’t even fazed. Like she had seen worse than that.

“She used to miss school and had the most outrageous illnesses. Hatori said more than half of them can’t be caught by humans or were made up.” Kyo said to his cousin. He was in a compromising mood today, as was Yuki.

“The last time I saw her, she was in the hospital. Her heartbeat was slow and soft.” the nezumi of the juunishi said.

“Yeah. I spoke to her when she woke up. I kept telling her to not use up her energy talking, but she was stubborn.” the orange haired neko added.

“I think everyone she knew visited her, even Akito. My brother wouldn’t be quiet on how he was worried and prayed to anyone listening that she would get better.” Yuki commented.

Kyo nodded, his eyes started glazing over with unshed tears, “I visited her one last time, she was dying. Even being a priestess and having the powers of those long extinct. They were too slow in helping her. In healing her.”

Yuki looked over to his cousin, he could hear the cracking in his voice. All of the Sohma family was devastated that the only hope they had had died right before their eyes and they couldn’t do a thing about it.

“Kagome wouldn’t like it if you kept grieving over her death. She moved on after the death of her friends. The ones her other friends thought that one was her two-timing boyfriend.” the nezumi said, letting his gaze drift upward where the neko’s were.

The two stayed like that for a few minutes before Yuki stood and went over to the ladder. He paused in descending it and looked over to his cousin. The nezumi was worried about him, even if they were rivals, so to speak.

Kyo waited until he could no longer hear Yuki climbing down the ladder to look down at his hands. His vision blurred and he could feel tears dropping onto his hands, but didn’t move to wipe them away.

The last time he visited Kagome at the hospital, she didn’t have long to live. Kyo didn’t know what had possessed him to do it, but he did. The neko gave the miko a small, soft kiss on the lips a few minutes before she died.

He could still hear her last statement before she could speak no longer. It was different and made him happy when she said it, unlike how he felt when Kagura said it.

“I don’t care if you are cursed…Kyo. …I still love you all the same, not out of pity… but because you are yourself…”

-Fin-

---

S.N.: ;.; I feel said all of a sudden. … oh yeah. I relived knowing my grandmother suffered before she died. #goes into emo corner to cry# R&R. Next will be either ShigureKagome or KagomeYuki, you’ll have to wait and see.