Fruits Basket Fan Fiction / Kyou Kara Maou Fan Fiction ❯ Kimyou Kissu :: Curious Kisses ❯ Chapter 1

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

“Why are these skirts so short?! WHY?! Iris asked angrily.
 
“Heh..I had nothing to do with it..” Tomoko said and smiled guiltily.
 
Iris glared at her briefly before turning back to the skirts. I should have never trusted you with getting the uniforms! I can't wear this!!” she yelled.
 
Tomoko pouted, “Oh come on! It will look nice on you, nee-chan. Lots of boys will be staring at you!” she teased and Iris threw a pillow at her.
 
“School starts tomorrow, you don't have a choice! Hehehehe!” Tomoko said and Iris threw another pillow at her.
 
“Ahh! Stop it!!” Tomoko said and threw them back at her.
 
-ooo-
 
TOMOKO!!!” Iris screeched and her cousin poked her head into the room.
 
“Nani?” she asked sweetly.
 
“MY SKIRT.” Iris said and Tomoko cocked her head sideways.
 
“Ahh! It looks nice, nee-chan!” Iris's face darkened and Tomoko sweatdropped.
 
“Do you know how short this is? I look like a prostitute going to school!” she complained.
 
“You look fine..what? Did you want to wear the long skirt that went to your ankles?” Tomoko asked, wrinkling her nose in disgust.
 
“No, but you could have gotten a bigger size.” Iris snapped.
 
“Oh stop whining and let's go!” Tomoko said and pulled her cousin out of the room.
 
“My my. Your skirts are very short, ladies.” Temari said as they walked down the long staircase.
 
At the bottom, a line of maids were assembled on the right and a line of butlers were assembled on the other side with Temari standing in the middle on a long red carpet.
 
“See? Even Temari-sama thinks so!” Iris said to her cousin.
 
Ohayou gozaimasu, Mari-sama!” Tomoko greeted and Iris muttered something under her breath.
 
“Ohayou gozaimasu. How are you feeling today? It's your first day of school since you have come to Japan.” Temari said.
 
“I'm feeling good, but Iris here is in a bad mood,” Tomoko teased. Her cousin threw her a fierce glare and she laughed.
 
“Lady Iris and Lady Tomoko, what would you like for breakfast today?” The cook asked as they seated themselves at the big table.
 
“Hmm..” Tomoko said. “Can I have strawberry shortcake today?” she asked.
 
The cook nodded, “Of course you may! What about you, Lady Iris?”
 
“I want a longer skirt.” She muttered.
 
“Heh?” The cook said and sweatdropped.
Tomoko laughed, “Never mind her, she's in a bad mood. She'll have some shortcake as well,” she said and the cook nodded before leaving the room. “Onee-chan, stop being all moody. You'll soon thank me after all the guys at school start chasing you!” she said and Iris threw her another fierce glare.
 
“Have a good day at school!” Temari said before closing the door to the limo.
 
“Keh..” Iris said and Tomoko sighed. “Onee-chan, come on..don't be like this. We won't have any fun if you're all temperamental..” she pouted and Iris sighed.
 
“Fine..just don't kill me if your skirt goes flying up and your bright pink undies are shown to the whole entire school!” she said.
 
Tomoko grinned, “My undies are white with red polka dots..”
 
“Too much information..” Iris grumbled.
 
-ooo-
 
Everyone looked up as a black Rolls Royce limo screeched to a halt in front of the school. “What is this? Did someone famous come to our school?” Aki said to his friend.
 
“..Maybe,” Riku replied. The windows were tinted so they couldn't see who was inside but after a while, the engine went off and the driver came out. He quickly walked towards the door behind him and opened it.
 
A pair of long legs emerged and a pretty girl with long dark pink hair came out elegantly. An equally pretty girl with dark black hair and green eyes appeared behind her and raised her eyebrows at the shocked faces the school was giving them.
 
“Wooooah..what hot chicks..” Aki said as some blood ran down from his nose. “Damn..their skirts are even shorter than the usual length..” Riku drooled. The driver quickly leaned into the car, bringing out something. Everyone sweatdropped as he rolled out a small version of the red carpet and motioned towards it. The girl with pink hair smiled dazzlingly at the driver, causing all the guys to faint before stepping daintily on it. The black-headed girl said something and scowled at the pink-headed girl.
 
Yoshi!” Tomoko said as she dragged Iris towards the entrance. See? All those guys are staring at you!” she giggled and Iris rolled her eyes.
 
“Please let there be a strong gust of wind!!” a random guy near them said and Iris raised her eyebrows.
 
“Come on!” Tomoko said, pulling her into the doors.
 
-ooo-
 
“Ahh..Miss Iris Shiro and Miss Tomoko Akiawa. Welcome to Kaibara High,” the principal smiled.
 
“Hi!” Tomoko said happily.
 
“Okay, you two are in class 2D and here is your timetable.” He said, handing them some sheets. “I've called a person from your class to show you around and-” he said.
 
“It's okay,” Iris cut him off.
 
“Thank you!” Tomoko said as Iris dragged her off. “Let's go eat sashimi!” Tomoko said, pulling Iris towards the exit.
 
“We need to go to class..” Iris said.
 
“Aww..come on Miss Goody-good. I'm sure the school wouldn't care, especially with parents like ours.” Tomoko grinned.
 
“No...I don't care about sashimi. You know I hate fish. Iris said.
 
“Aww come ooon!” Tomoko whined.
 
“Yada. You're going to get fat…” Iris said slyly and Tomoko froze.
 
I've changed my mind, let's go to class!” she said happily and Iris smirked.
 
“Is this it?” Tomoko asked as they stopped in front of a door.
 
“2D.” Iris read. “Yup, I think this is it.” She said.
 
“Oohh I'm so nervous!!” Tomoko said and Iris sweatdropped. She leaned forward to open the door and found it was dark inside. Suddenly the lights turned on and confetti was thrown at them. Loud bangs were heard as Tomoko gave a small scream. Iris's eyebrows knitted together as she placed a hand on her hip.
 
“Welcome to Kaibara High, 2D!” the class shouted and Tomoko glanced around confusingly. The class was silent, waiting for them to speak.
 
Anou..Hi!” Tomoko waved and half the class fainted dreamily.
 
“Welcome, welcome. I am Kakashi-sensei. This is class 2D, please enjoy your stay today.” The teacher said.
 
Wow..he sounds like we're booking in for a hotel..' Tomoko thought and stifled a laugh.
 
“Thank you, Sensei. I'm Iris Shiro and this is my cousin, Tomoko Akiawa.
 
“Okay, please take your seats. Erhm..Miss Akiawa, please sit behind Mr Kyo Sohma and Miss Shiro next to her. Class will now start.”
 
The two teens walked down the rows of seats in the classroom all the while ignoring wolf whistles, notes and glares. Tomoko sat down in her assigned seat and Iris sat next to her. Tomoko opened her pink Gucci bag, taking out a Louis Vuitton notebook and a blue pen. Iris rolled her eyes slightly at her cousin and opened her bag, which was identical to Tomoko's except it was white. She took out her white Chanel notebook and a black pen to write with. All the females in the room were either looking at them in jealousy or surprise.
 
Tomoko smiled at them and wrote down the notes on the board in perfect print while Iris kept a monotone face and did the same except in perfect cursive. Sighing, Iris looked down at her watch and it told them that they still had forty minutes of class left. Not knowing what else to do, the girls just waited before the rest of the class finished. Kakashi-sensei looked at them and smiled warmly before pinking up a piece of paper and clearing his throat so that he got everyone's attention.
 
“Alright class, listen up. This semester, we will be learning about Shakespeare. You will be assigned to work with a partner that I will be choosing so that it's fair. There is to be no switching partners. The project is simple, all you have to do is research about one play or story that Shakespeare wrote. All the notes you need were on the board and hopefully all of you would have copied that down by now.” He said, glancing at all the students.
 
Anou…Sensei…why can't we choose our partners?” asked a random girl.
 
“I already said that, It won't be fair. I tried to put you all with people that are your friends. Do not, and I repeat DO NOT come to me and ask for a change in partners because I am not going to change your partner.” Said Kakashi-sensei.
 
“I will now call out the pairs.” He declared and started to read names aloud from his piece of paper.
 
“Keiko Tadoki and Satsuki Tadoki.”
 
“Aki Manari and Riku Takashi.”
 
“Saki Hanajima and Arisa Uotani.”
 
“Tomoko Akiawa and Kyo Sohma.”
 
“Tohru Honda and Nemuri Satoshi.”
 
“Yuki Sohma and Iris Shiro.”
 
Kakashi-sensei carried on calling out names until the whole class had been assigned a partner. This taking an unbelievably long time, there was only around fifteen minutes left so the teacher decided to let the class plan the project with their partner for the rest of the lesson.
 
Iris sighed and put away her notebook and pen. Tomoko did the same and decided on getting to know her partner better, seeing that was what the teacher had told them to do. She boldly tapped Kyo on the shoulder and waited for him to turn around.
 
His orange hair fell cutely over his burning red eyes. The black uniform he wore just made him more good looking. Tomoko smiled at him and placed her hands on top of the other on her desk. His eyes held a silent question as if to say `Yes? What the hell do you want?'.
 
“Hi! I was just wondering…which of Shakespeare's stories and plays do you like best? Maybe we can do one that we both like.” Said Tomoko.
 
Kyo looked at her and blinked, causing Tomoko to look at him with an eyebrow raised. Another voice was heard, causing them, and Iris to turn around.
 
“The stupid cat doesn't read anything.” Said the calm voice.
 
A boy with silver grey hair and violet eyes stood before them. He was quite good looking and held a `prince-like' demeanour. However, his eyes showed otherwise and this went unknown except to Iris and Tomoko since they knew 100% of how he felt, even if it was in the past.
 
Kyo growled, “You idiotic rat! Take that back!” he yelled.
 
Soon, another female voice was heard, and a girl with long, dark brown hair and turquoise coloured eyes beamed at them happily.
 
“Hi Tomoko-chan, Iris-chan! My name is Tohru Honda! Nice to meet you!” she said happily.
 
Tomoko and Iris sweatdropped, “Eh? Er…nice to meet you Honda-san.” Said Tomoko politely.
 
“Hn…” Iris said.
 
“I'm Yuki Sohma. Which story or play do you want to do, Miss Shiro?” he asked.
 
Iris shrugged, “I don't really care…'A Mid Summer Night's Dream' sounds good…plenty of people will be doing the classical `Romeo and Juliet'…what other Shakespeare stories are there? `Merchant Of Venice', `Hamlet, Macbeth', `Twelfth Night'…” Iris trailed off.
 
“Kyo-kun! Which do you want to do?” asked Tomoko.
 
Kyo shrugged, “I don't know, you choose.” He said bored and turned around again.
 
“I know! We can do `Taming Of The Shrew!” she announced happily.
 
Iris raised an eyebrow, “Nice choice, Tomoko.” She said sarcastically.
 
Tomoko pouted, “What? It's got a good plot.” She said.
 
“What about you, Miss Honda?” asked Yuki.
 
Tohru meeped, “Eh? Oh…I don't mind…anything's fine…you choose.” She said, smiling happily like the dipstick she was.
 
Yuki sighed, “Alright, we'll do `A Mid Summer Night's Dream' seeing as Miss Honda doesn't mind and neither do I…” he said.
 
“Ne, Kyo-kun…do you want to work at mine and Iris's house or do you want me to go to yours?” asked Tomoko.
 
He turned around, “Hm…good question. I don't know…you can come over to my place and that stupid rat and Tohru can go to yours and Iris's place.” He replied.
 
Yuki rolled his eyes at Kyo's immaturity and Tohru just kept smiling.
 
Iris glared at Kyo, “Baka.” She mumbled quietly then looked up at Tohru and Yuki. “We can go to my house after school today if you want. Meet me outside the gate and I'll take you to my house. My driver will take you home.” She said, and Tohru and Yuki nodded.
 
“Iris! You know how you said that your driver will take Yuki-kun and Tohru-chan home? Can I just go home in that car too? Seeing as it's pointless if I call my driver,,,” said Tomoko.
 
Iris glanced her way, “Hn…sure, whatever.” She said and looked at her timetable.
 
Luckily for Iris, it was her favourite subject, Chemistry; and much to Tomoko's dismay, it was her least favourite. Not that she wasn't good at it…just that she could care less. She would rather be doing some sport…PE was her favourite class! The bell rang clearly and loudly signalling the end of first period. Iris and Tomoko picked up their bags and followed everyone else out the doorway. They sighed in unison, knowing that they needed to find their next classroom.
 
-ooo-
 
I'm sooo tired..” Tomoko yawned as they walked towards the cafeteria.
 
“It's only lunchtime, and we have two more periods after this.” Iris said and Tomoko sighed.
 
“School is so different here...we have 6 periods!! Waaa..” Tomoko chibi cried and Iris sweatdropped.
 
Suddenly a small knife flew towards them and landed before their feet. “Heh?” Tomoko said and Iris raised an eyebrow.
 
“What is this?” Iris said, bending down and picking up the knife which had a letter sellotaped to it. Tomoko looked over her shoulder as Iris read the following,
 
`Dear my sweetestIris-chan, this is the first day you have been here but it feels like I have known you for an eternity already. Your beautiful features and-` Iris sighed as she screwed the piece of paper up.
 
“Hey, onee-chan!! I haven't finished reading!! You read too fast..” Tomoko protested.
 
Iris sweatdropped, “I didn't finish either because I didn't want to read anymore of this sick crap.”
 
“It's not crap! It's cute!! Someone has fallen in love with you!!” Tomoko exclaimed.
 
Iris sniffed and threw the scrunched up piece of paper into the nearest bin. “What's wrong with speaking these days? Anywaysknives aren't supposed to be thrown like that, it's dangerous.” She said before walking off.
 
“Onee-chan!!” Tomoko said, running after her.
 
-ooo-
 
“..Onee-chan..I'm scared,” Tomoko whispered as they entered the cafeteria.
 
Everyone, including the lunch ladies stopped eating and working to stare at them. For the hundredth time that day, Iris raised an eyebrow.
 
Hi!” Tomoko smiled and all the guys fell to the ground.
 
As they walked towards the counter, Tomoko felt slightly uncomfortable with all the stares and glares while Iris ignored them.
 
Could I please have one teriyaki chicken salad and two fizzy mineral waters please?” Iris asked, slapping her credit card onto the counter.
 
“Sure, thank you very much. Eeto...gomen nasai but we don't accept credit cards..” the lady apologised and Iris rolled her eyes, pulling out some cash from her wallet. The lady collected the food and shakily handed it to Iris.
 
“Arigatou,” she said.
 
All of a sudden, most of the guys and some girls jumped up. “Come sit with us!” they all said, surrounding them in a very freaky way.
 
“Come sit with us! Come sit with us!” Iris sighed and tapped her shoe irately.
 
`Hehehehe..I feel so loved..' Tomoko thought.
 
Suddenly, a familiar brown head popped up out of nowhere and pulled the girls out of the crowd. “Anou..you can sit with us!” came a very annoying voice. Tomoko and Iris smiled weakly in return as Tohru pulled them towards the table. Loud sighs were heard from the large crowd.
 
“Come Iris-chan, Tomoko-chan, sit down! You two know Kyo and Yuki already, right? This is Uo and Hana, my best friends! This is Haru Sohma and this is Momiji Sohma!” Tohru introduced.
 
“Are you related to Kyo-kun and Yuki-kun?” Tomoko asked and Iris rolled her eyes.
 
“Yes! Nice to meet you! Can I hug you?!!” The little blonde headed boy exclaimed. Tomoko nearly pranced over to hug him but Iris held onto her collar.
 
“Heh..ignore him, he's always like that. I'm Haru,” the domino-haired guy said.
 
“Hi! Nice to meet you!” Tomoko grinned.
 
-ooo-
 
It was the last period of the day and it was P.E, Tomoko's favourite class, and unfortunately for Iris, her most hated class ever.
 
“I shouldn't have trusted you with our P.E gear either!!” Iris yelled and Tomoko smiled. Their P.E gear was supposed to be knee-length blue shorts and a white top but Tomoko had somehow `made' the shorts into short-shorts and the tops were tiny as well.
 
“Seriously!!” Iris shrieked and Tomoko laughed as she ran out to the gym.
 
“Woah…” the guys drooled as they gaped at the two cousins. They watched Iris chase Tomoko around the gym in their skimpy P.E gear.
 
“Tomoko-chaaan!” Tohru called out and Tomoko turned around to catch the ball. She quickly passed to her cousin who caught it swiftly. `This is boring..' Iris thought as she passed to another girl in their group.
 
`This is fun! No work to do!!' Tomoko thought happily.
 
“Okay class! Please hold your basketballs. We're going to play a game now, girls against guys.” The sensei instructed.
 
Most of the girls sighed, “Nani?!! We're going to definitely lose!” they moaned.
 
“Hahaha! This is going to be fun!” Tomoko said to her cousin as she cracked her knuckles. “Oh my god!! My nail!!” she wailed and Iris rolled her eyes.
 
“Okay, guys start with the ball first!” The sensei yelled before blowing the whistle.
 
Riku, who was holding the ball quickly passed to Aki who bounced it a few times before passing to Kyo. He ran towards the goal, preparing to shoot as Tomoko frolicked out of nowhere, instantly stealing the ball. She sprinted towards the opposite goal, bouncing it as well before shooting a goal.
 
Woo hoo! Go Tomoko!” the girls cheered and Tomoko glanced back at Kyo, smiling cheekily before turning around to hi-five her girlfriends.
 
`Are?' all the guys thought as they stood, shocked.
 
“Guys! Let's get going! Girl's start!” The sensei yelled and the game carried on.
 
The guys lost to the girls, 1 - 13, thanks to Tomoko.
 
-ooo-
 
“Tomoko! You're a pro! If it wasn't for you, we would have been creamed by the guys!” Mikki said as the other girls nodded.
 
Tomoko smiled bashfully, “Heh..”
 
“Nice work.” Iris said as she appeared next to her cousin.
 
Tomoko grinned, “Heh..those guys are no match for me!”
 
“Yeah yeah, we all know you're the super athlete. Now hurry up and get changed. Yuki and Tohru are coming to our house today to do that stupid assignment.” Iris sighed
 
Tomoko smiled cheekily, “Aww..if only Honda-san wasn't around..aye?” she teased and Iris hit her on the head.
 
“I don't like him. Full Stop.” She said before storming out of the changing rooms.
 
“Oww..that hurt..” Tomoko wailed after her.
 
-ooo-
 
“Iris-chan!!” Tohru yelled, waving to her from the gate.
 
Iris sighed as she inched towards them. It was hot, and she was sweaty from playing that stupid basketball game. Also, Tohru's eagerness was also getting on her nerves.
 
“Onee-chan!! Chotto matte!!” Tomoko yelled from behind.
 
Iris turned around and raised an eyebrow. Her cousin's top wasn't fully buttoned and a lot of guys were drooling.
 
“Seriously..” Iris sighed as she buttoned the rest.
 
“Arigatou..” Tomoko panted.
 
“So…aren't you waiting for Sohma-san? Since you are going over to his house.” Said Iris, exaggerating the `are' part.
 
Tomoko nodded cheerfully, “Hai! He's not here yet.” She replied.
 
“Yea…I can see that. Well, I'll see you home at around seven? Call my mobile if you're staying for dinner and whatnot.” Said Iris as she saw Yuki and Tohru approach them.
 
Tomoko nodded again, “Hai! Oh look! Kyo-kun is coming now, I'll call you one-chan. Ja ne!” she said and ran off towards Kyo's direction before Tohru and Yuki got there.
 
Iris rolled her eyes at her cousin's eagerness to work. She preferred to work alone and actually found this whole partner thing was a waste of time.
 
“Hi Iris-chan!” said Tohru cheerfully, and smiling…as always.
 
“Good afternoon, Miss Shiro.” Said Yuki, politely.
 
Iris looked at them, “Hn…here's the car.” She said, motioning towards her black Rolls Royce.
 
Tohru squealed in excitement, causing Iris to glare at her. Her driver came out of the car and opened the door for them, then turned to Iris and her friends.
 
“Good afternoon, Lady Iris; you too Miss, Sir.” He said, bowing slightly.
“Hn…they're coming over today because we have a project. You don't mind taking them home afterwards, right?” Iris asked.
 
The driver shook his head, “Of course not, my Lady. Please, get in. I will take you home immediately.” He said as Iris motioned for Tohru and Yuki to get in first.
 
The car started off immediately towards Iris and Tomoko's house…er…well, mansion. Iris turned to the mini fridge and opened it, taking out a bottle of Sprite. She turned to Yuki and Tohru, who were staring at her like she grew two heads. Iris raised an eyebrow at them.
 
“Nani? Is something wrong?” she asked innocently.
 
Tohru shook her head and smiled, “Iie, it's just…your car is so fancy…you must be really rich!” she said.
 
“Hai…your car is very nice, Miss Shiro.” Said Yuki, agreeing with every word Tohru said.
 
“Hn…Tomoko and my family work in some famous technology business…” said Iris.
 
Yuki nodded, showing he heard while Tohru looked out the tinted windows of the limo with a huge grin on her face as if she had never ridden a car before.
 
-ooo-
 
Meanwhile, Tomoko and Kyo were walking down the footpath. The sun was shining down fully and there wasn't a cloud in sight. Tomoko sighed and breathed in the fresh air, her dark pink hair blowing in her face, thanks to the light breeze.
 
They were now walking past the park and Tomoko smiled as many small children were running around playing tag or playing on the swings. She remembered when she was younger, she would always got to the park with Iris and they would play on the swings all day. Looking around, she saw three guys around their age soaking wet as if they had all fallen in the fountain.
 
Sweatdropping, Tomoko turned around and ran to catch up with Kyo who had walked a bit further away. She took out her bottle of water that Iris had bought for her at lunch and took a big drink. `Why is it so hot? And how far are we walking exactly? I should have just called my driver to take us there.' Thought Tomoko and sighed.
 
“Ne…Kyo-kun.” She started.
 
“Hmm?” he asked, looking down at her slightly since she was shorter than he.
 
“How far is your house exactly?” she asked.
 
“Around five minutes from here if you walk quickly, maybe eight to ten minutes at this pace.” He said.
 
She nodded, “Oh okay…can we go to the store along the way? I want some ice cream!” Tomoko said happily.
 
Kyo looked at her, “No way am I going into that Yankee store! That's where she works!” he exclaimed.
 
Tomoko sweatdropped, “You mean Uo-chan?” she asked, and he nodded. “Well, you wait here while I go inside…you want anything?” she asked.
 
He shook his head, “Just hurry up.” He said.
-ooo-
 
The limo arrived at the grand gates of the mansion. They were now waiting for the gates to open fully so the limo can actually take them to the front door. Once the limo's engine stopped, Tohru reached out to open the door, but Iris caught her wrist.
 
“Don't.” she said as the door opened and the driver stood to the side, waiting for them to come out.
 
Tohru was the first to get out, followed by Yuki and then Iris. The mansion was truly a magnificent building. Large cream coloured pillars stood at the front, creating a `walkway' towards the large oak doors. A red carpet was laid out on the floor leading to the twin doors. The mansion itself was two stories high and the main walls were a cream colour, with blue on the rims. The roof was also a shade of navy.
 
Walking up to the front door, two men stood to the side, wearing a somewhat fancy blue uniform. They opened the door immediately when Iris walked up to the entrance of her house; Yuki and Tohru stood behind her. Inside, a row of maids stood to the right while a row of butlers stood to the left. Temari stood in the middle again.
 
“Lady Iris! Where is Lady Tomoko and who are these people?” she asked with concern in her voice.
 
“Tomoko is at a friend's house, doing her project. Honda-san and Sohma-san are here to work on our project. Please bring some food and water to the second library. We will be working there.” Iris introduced her classmates and informed Temari on where they were going to be working.
 
“Of course my Lady. I will have food and drink there immediately.” Said Temari, bowing before she instructed the maids and butlers.
 
Iris turned to Yuki and Tohru, “Please, follow me.” She said, walking up the grand spiral staircase.
 
Tohru and Yuki nodded, while looking around at the beautiful house. It was extremely large, obviously. After walking down three corridors, they made it to the `second library'. Tohru couldn't keep her curiosity in any longer.
 
“Excuse me, Iris-chan.” She said.
 
“Hm?” she asked, without turning around.
 
“Erm, how many libraries do you have?” she asked.
 
“Three altogether. The second one is my favourite because it has comfortable chairs but Tomoko prefers the third library since there are large tables for her to make clothes and plenty of books on clothe design.” Said Iris.
 
Tohru nodded, “So, does Tomoko make all your clothes?” she asked again.
 
Iris nodded, “Well, most of them. Some of them I bought, some of them I bought, but she altered and most of them, she made herself. She's really talented…except for the fact that she always makes me wear her skimpy creations.” Iris joked.
 
Tohru giggled and Yuki smiled. “Please take a seat anywhere, I think we should discuss this project before we actually do the research.” Said Iris, sitting down on a white leather couch.
 
Yuki and Tohru sat next to each other opposite her. Iris looked at them and sighed, picking up a remote and pressing a green button. A laptop computer came out of the ground and picked it up, turning it on.
“So…what do you know about Shakespeare?” she asked them.
 
Tohru and Yuki looked at eachother, while Iris began opening up a word processing document to take down all the notes.
 
-ooo-
 
After Tomoko had finished eating her mint and chocolate chip ice cream, they arrived at Kyo's house. Or rather Shigure's house. To say the least, Tomoko actually received a very warm welcome.
 
“Kitty-kun, where is Tohru and Yuki?” Shigure asked as Kyo and Tomoko seated themselves in the dining room.
 
At Iris's house, and DON”T call me `kitty-kun', you damn dog.” He replied.
 
“I like your house, it's very cosy and warm.” Tomoko said and Shigure beamed.
 
“Yeah yeah, you wanna leave now?” Kyo asked.
 
“Aww..don't be mean!! I want to stay and get to know this beautiful school girl better.” Shigure whined and Tomoko giggled.
 
“Never mind him..kitty-kun is always in a-“ Shigure was cut off by Kyo kicking him out of the room. He closed the door roughly, causing the rice paper to crackle.
 
“Heh..” Tomoko sweatdropped. “Ne, Kyo-kun. So what do you know about `Taming of the Shrew'?” she asked when he sat down again.
 
Kyo gave her a blank look. “Like..nothing? Who is this shakespeare guy anyway?” he asked.
 
Tomoko sweatdropped, “Er..okay. Um..he's like this english guy who wrote a lot of famous plays.” She replied.
 
Kyo raised an eyebrow, “If they were famous..wouldn't I know them?” he said and Tomoko sweatdropped again.
 
“Okaaay. Do you have a computer here?” Tomoko asked
 
“Yup..but it's in that damn dog's room. You sure you wanna go into that pig sty?” Kyo replied and Tomoko nodded. “Well..we don't have much information so we're gonna have to search online.” She replied.
 
-ooo-
 
“Anou..” Tohru started. “Nani?” Iris asked. “Uh..can I please borrow your toilet?” she asked.
 
“Sure. Go out the door and down the corridor. At the end of the corridor, turn left and 3 rooms down.” Iris instructed.
 
“Eh?..Uh..okay, arigatou gozaimasu.” Tohru thanked and left the library.
 
“Okay..Sohma-san, here is your copy of the notes I just typed up. Can you check if there's any mistakes?” Iris asked.
 
“Sure.” He said and scanned the documents.
 
-ooo-
 
“Ne, Kyo-kun,,” Tomoko said, a sweatdrop appearing.
 
“Har?” he said.
 
“Um.. do you want me to move over a bit?” she asked, sweatdropping at his position.
 
He was sitting with his knees bent and his arms around them as there wasn't much space. `Shigure-san really doesn't tidy up his room, does he?' Tomoko thought as she glanced around the messy room. Books, newspapers, random bowls of food, clothing, rubbish bags etc. were cramped around the desk.
 
“No, it's fine.” Kyo replied.
 
“Uh..okay..” Tomoko said and turned her attention back to the computer.
 
-ooo-
 
“Oh! Okaa-san. I think I'm lost..” Tohru said to herself as she wandered aimlessly around the corridors. “Heh..anou, sumimasen. Could you take me to the second library?” she asked a random maid.
 
“Sure! Please come with me, Miss.” The maid answered and led her back to the library. `This place is so big..' Tohru thought to herself.
 
“Ah, there you are, Honda-san.” Iris said as Tohru came through door.
 
“Gomen nasai, I got lost..” she replied and Iris raised an eyebrow.
 
“Er..okay. Me and Yuki have finished all the basic work already so you two are welcome to go home if you want.” Iris said.
 
-ooo-
 
Suddenly, Tomoko's mobile rang and the `Sakura Kiss,' theme song blared loudly. `Hmm..must be onee-chan,' Tomoko thought as she dug around in her Gucci bag. “Moshi moshi,” she said, flipping the latest pink fliptop mobile open.
 
“Moko-chan, have you finished? Pierre is driving Sohma-san and Honda-san home right now. He'll pick you up in a few minutes.” Iris said.
 
“Oh okay, we're nearly finished,” Tomoko replied, glancing at the screen quickly.
 
“Okay, I'll see you at home then, ja.” Iris said.
 
“Ne, Kyo-kun. Tohru-chan and Yuki-kun are coming home now so I'll be going. Do you want me to finish this at home?” Tomoko asked as she closed her phone.
 
“Um, if you want. We can do it later if you don't feel like it.” Kyo said.
 
“Okay. I think Tohru-chan and Yuki-kun are home now,” Tomoko said as she heard the door open and Shigure's excited voice.
 
-ooo-
 
“Nee-chan, wazzup?” Tomoko said, walking into her cousin's room.
 
“Hi..did you have fun?” Iris asked.
 
“Uh..betsu ni, me and Kyo-kun barely talked to each other.” Tomoko sighed.
 
“Oh..so disappointed, aren't we?” Iris said sarcastically.
 
“Did you have fun?” Tomoko asked in return.
 
No. That baka Honda-san got lost coming back from the toilet, how stupid is that?” Iris scoffed.
 
“Aww..I can just imagine that frightened deer look of hers,” Tomoko laughed. “By the way, I made you something yesterday!” Tomoko said cheerfully, bringing out a small bag.
 
“Really? What is it?” Iris said, reaching for the bag.
 
“A skirt!” Tomoko replied.
 
Iris raised her eyebrow as she brought out a small, black miniskirt. It had `hottie' written on the back in sparkly silver glitter.
 
“I have a matching white one, see?” Tomoko said, bringing out an exact miniskirt except it was white with black writing.
 
“Uh..thanks but what did I say about skimpy clothing??” Iris said.
 
Tomoko pouted, “But it's cute, ne, ne?” she asked.
 
Iris sighed, “It's cute..except its skimpy.” She replied.
 
“Fine fine. Wear it over jeans or something then, hmph.” Tomoko said and stalked out of the room.
 
-ooo-
 
“Lady Tomoko, dinner is now ready.” A maid said as she poked her head into the room. “Un..I'll come down in a minute,” Tomoko replied.
 
“Tomoko, you going down?” Iris said, poking her head into the room.
 
Tomoko glanced over for a second before turning back to the plasma TV. “Hmph..” she said.
 
“Oh come on, I like the skirt. See? I'm even wearing it write now.” Iris said, walking into the room.
 
A bright smile lit up on Tomoko's face. “Yay!! It looks good!!” she exclaimed.
 
“Uh huh..let's go to dinner now,” Iris said and Tomoko nodded.
“Lady Tomoko, Lady Iris. Today's entrée is the Chicken Caesar Salad sprinkled lightly with camembert cheese. The main course consists of a pumpkin soup and a medium rare steak fillet with gravy. Of course, Lady Iris's favourite onigiri and for dessert today, we have chocolate soufflés and home-made toffee ice cream.” The cook reported. It seemed like a lot but the servings were in small amounts so they wouldn't get too full.
“Arigatou, Bernard.” Tomoko said as the maids set the dishes.
“So, Iris. Have you seen the new Prada catalouge? I wanna buy that green dress!” Tomoko exclaimed as she twirled her fork around.
“No I haven't, but we can go shopping tomorrow after school and check out all the new stuff.” Iris replied before biting into her chicken.
“Un! The dress is so cute!! I think they have a matching one in black and blue. You should buy one as well!!” Tomoko said, stabbing at her lettuce.
“Eh? I don't like black and blue…what, you trying to make me an emo?” Iris asked, jokingly.
Tomoko shook her head, “Iie, hm…I guess the violet one will look good on you too! Get the violet one okay? This is going to be so fun! I haven't been shopping with you for ages!” she said excited.
Iris sweatdropped, “Er, Tomoko-chan…we just went last week…remember?” she asked.
Tomoko thought for a moment, “Oh yea! See? That was such a long time!” she said.
Iris sweatdropped again, “Hn…I really want a white denim jacket…” she said thinking.
“I'll make you one!” said Tomoko.
Iris sweatdropped for the third time in a row, “Er…no thanks…you'll make it all skimpy…” she said, taking a drink from her glass.
“Aww…I promise I won't make it skimpy…I want it to match that skirt you're wearing!” she said, pleading her cousin.
“Fine…” Iris said, giving up. There was no point in arguing with her cousin because some way or another, Tomoko always found a way to get past her stubbornness and convince her.
-ooo-
Iris was in her room, brushing her hair before she went to bed. Hey…just cause she didn't care what people thought of her…much unlike Tomoko, she wanted to look good and she didn't want people to look at her and go `Ew…look at her.” Every time she walked by.
Right now, she had just taken a shower, blow dried her hair, brushed her teeth and was about to change into her pajamas. She walked over to her wardrobe and the door opened automatically, allowing her to walk into her wardrobe. She turned right and took a set of pajamas off the shelf. It was a plain pair of silky shorts with sheep on them and the top was a baggy white t-shirt that had a black sheep on it.
The door to her wardrobe opened and Tomoko stepped in with her hands behind her back and a large smile on her face. Iris rolled her eyes, `I bet she wants me to wear another one of her creations.' Thought Iris.
“Hai? What do you want now?” asked Iris walking over to Tomoko.
Tomoko held up a creamy white dressing gown that had a dark purple bow around the middle. Shoving it into Iris's hands, she took away the set of pajamas Iris had chosen to wear.
“Iris-chan! Wear this! Isn't it adorable? I made it last week but I wanted to give it to you now. I have one too! See? She said and held up an identical dressing gown that was pink with a black ribbon.
“Tomoko-chan…I have to wear skimpy clothes to bed too? What are you? The skimpy princess?” said Iris sarcastically, taking the gown and exiting her wardrobe with Tomoko following her.
She walked into her room, throwing the dressing gown onto her large king sized bed. She flopped onto her bed face down and sighed. Tomoko sat on her bed and pushed Iris's shoulder so she would look up.
“Onee-chan! Please wear it! It'll look good on you…like everything else does!” said Tomoko.
Iris sweatdropped, “Er…right…” she said, unconvinced.
Tomoko frowned, “I'll wear mine if you wear yours!” she said.
Iris glared at her, “And what difference does that make? You were going to wear it anyways!” she yelled.
Tomoko laughed, “Oh yea…true…” she said.
“Fine, I'll wear it, just leave so I can change.” Said Iris, sighing loudly on purpose so Tomoko would hear clearly.
Tomoko skipped out of the room and walked into her own. Iris frowned at the garment…it looked more like a mini dress rather than something you would sleep in. `Is it just me? Or are all skirts here short? I mean…what kind of pervert designed the school uniform?' Iris thought, changing into the gown.
It looked good on her, even though she would never admit it. She was never one to brag about her looks…and neither was Tomoko. Although Tomoko….expressed the fact she looked good in a discreet way. It ended at mid thigh and the ribbon looked like it was tied around her waist. Once again, Tomoko entered her room wearing the same gown and skipped happily over to the full length mirror.
“Don't you like it?” asked Tomoko, sadly.
Iris shook her head, “It's nice…” she said, awkwardly. She had to admit that Tomoko's clothing was made to a high standard but she had never actually commented on it.
Really?” Tomoko asked with sparkles in her eyes.
Iris nodded, “Yup!” she said and smiled slightly.
“Well, we have school tomorrow nee-chan, I'm going to bed now, oyasumi!” said Tomoko and exited Iris's room.
“Oyasumi, Tomoko-chan.” Iris said and walked over to her balcony, sliding open the glass door.
She look at the full moon, the light illuminating off it gave her a healthy glow. The black velvety sky was dotted with many silver stars as if it were an expensive jewel gown, wrapped around the world securely. The wind blew swiftly past her, causing her hair to blow to the side gently.
She walked back inside her room and pulled back the covers of her bed. Snuggling deeply into her fluffy mattress, she closed her eyes and attempted to fall into a peaceful slumber.
-ooo-
Tomoko sat on her bed, looking in her own full length mirror. Her reflection looked back at her. She frowned suddenly as a thought crossed her mind, “I guess Iris-chan is still upset over her onii-chan's death…' Tomoko thought for a moment and the smiled an evil grin.
“I know what Iris-chan needs in her life…a guy!” she said to nobody in particular and giggled to herself before walking over to her pink, king sized bed and getting in. She thought for a while then said to herself, “Hm…so do I…” and laughed slightly before pulling the covers up to her neck to keep the warmth in.
She stared out her window and looked at the large moon that hung like a pendant from the sky. Tonight, it was especially large and glowed more beautifully than usual. Tomoko smiled before closing her eyes and falling asleep.
Tomorrow was going to be a new day, and they both couldn't wait to find out what other unexpected things were going to happen to them.