Fruits Basket Fan Fiction ❯ Kyo's Kitten Reika ❯ Confiding in Soleil ( Chapter 3 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

Shigure woke up only to find it to be two in the morning. `Great, my one day to sleep in and I get up early!' Sitting up in his bed Shigure yawned. Stepping out of his room, the overgrown puppy went to check on the others.
 
Shigure popped into Yuki's room and watched him mumble incoherent things in his sleep.
 
He popped into Tohru's room only to see her having a full-blown conversation with herself in her sleep about fuzzy blankets and purple unicorns.
 
Walking over to the rooms across the hall, Shigure walked into Kyo's room only to see him cuddling Reika in his sleep. This was the type of thing that Shigure couldn't pass up, the cat succeeding as a parental figure.
 
Pulling a camera out of thin air like only anime/manga people can, Shigure snapped a camera full of pictures from several different angles. He quietly slipped out of the room after turning Kyo's alarm clock off. Since it was Saturday the puppy didn't see what harm it would do.
 
_-_-_-_-_- 9:34 _-_-_-_-_-
 
Hatori pulled into Shigure's driveway and tucked the bracelet into the breast pocket of his shirt. Hatori hadn't originally planned on bringing the girl her bracelet, but Akito said that if he ever saw the girl that she would learn what being a Sohma truly meant.
 
Walking up to the steps, Hatori knocked on the door and finished off the cigarette that he had been smoking on his way to the house.
 
Kyo woke up, sleepily, to a pounding noise coming from outside. Picking up the sleeping Reika, Kyo set her on his hip and trudged over to the stairs. Looking at a clock, Kyo's eyes widened and he rushed over to the door and opened it.
 
“Kyo, it's a good thing I brought the bracelet with me or you'd be late. Let me see her wrist, its going to rain soon and I need to get the charm off of her.” Hatori took Reika's left hand and slipped on the black-and-white beaded bracelet. Reaching over to her right shoulder, he peeled off Reika's old upper arm rubber bracelet. Kyo felt extremely awkward seeing this done and shifted Reika slightly causing her to wake up. “Good morning, Reika.”
 
“Morning `Tori.” Reika muttered as she yawned and leaned her head into Kyo's shoulder, attempting to go back to sleep.
 
“Hatori, could you watch Reika on Monday for me? I can't bring her to school with me and last week was spring break, but now I don't know what to do. I'd ask Shigure, but he doesn't seem to like her.”
 
“No, ask Aya.” Hatori walked out of the house and into his car and drove back to the Sohma estate.
 
Reika realized she wouldn't be going back to sleep anytime soon so she squirmed her way out of the cussing adult's arms and jumped to the ground.
 
Kyo walked over to the kitchen where he saw Tohru cooking breakfast with Yuki, and Reika glaring holes into their skulls from a bench placed near the counter.
 
Walking in, Kyo picked up the phone and dialed Ayame's phone number.
 
“Reika, do you want to help us make breakfast?” Tohru walked over to the girl and crouched down so she could see her eye-to-eye. Yuki continued to make the leek soup. Tohru hugged Reika stating how much help she really was to her.
 
“No. I won't help you!” Reika stood up and marched out of the kitchen, up the stairs, and into her bedroom.
 
Her bedroom was right across the hall from Kyo's and right next to Shigure's room and the bathroom. (I don't think the house is set up like that, but it is now!)
 
Her room had pure, unpainted walls with a twin-sized bed that Shigure bought for her. Her comforter was big with a picture of Punky Brewster and her dog Brandon on Punky's bedroom right after painting it, just like in the fourth episode. Her pillowcase and sheets matched Punky's nightshade and window, and that was probably the most color in the room. On the bed was a brown bear that was fuzzy and torn up from years of wear-and-tear, and stains from lack of washing.
 
Her closet door had a big poster of The Polar Express on it and inside the closet was where her clothes were kept along with a mini bookshelf that could hold at the most 20 books, but was only holding five. Green Eggs and Ham, I Have a Sister My Sister is Deaf, Where the Wild Things Are, I'll Love You Forever, and The Coat of Many Colors.
There was no lamp in the room except for the bulb that hung across from the closet and the room was windowless. Anything else she owned was kept in a toy chest that Hatsuharu had made for her in wood shop.
 
Walking over to her bed, Reika carefully picked up the bear and hugged it close to her.
 
Unknown to her was a pair of eyes belonging to a certain rat that was asked to check on her.
 
“Soleil, guess what?” said the red head taking a seat on the edge of her bed. “Yuki, he's the person I told you about last week, the student president. Well yesterday they were kissing in the kitchen, and the living room, and in the hallway too. I don't get it, why do people do things like that?” Reika had tears forming in her eyes and allowed them to spill down her cheeks. “Dad is sad now and it's going to rain soon. You hate the rain, I didn't forget. You can sleep with me, that way we can comfort each other.” The little girl closed her eyes and placed the bear's mouth near her ear as if listening to it.
 
“Yes, this is a new bracelet. Hatori said that I'm not allowed to take it off, I wonder why. Look!” Reika lifted up her pajama shirt's sleeve to show the bear her upper arm. “Hatori took off the other bracelet, but he let me keep it, so if you want, you can wear it and we can both have bracelets!”
 
Reika put her hand on the bear's head and made it nod up and down. Reaching into her pajama pants pocket, the little girl pulled out a cut rubber band type bracelet and tied it around the bear's left stuffed arm where Reika's new bracelet now stood.
 
Yuki stood shocked as the little girl kissed the bear on the forehead and tucked it into bed. Thinking quickly, Yuki rushed downstairs and told Tohru what he had heard, well except for the kissing part.
 
Kyo got off the phone and told Tohru that he was going to take Reika to Ayame's, and that he'd be at the dojo for the rest of the day and wouldn't be back for dinner.
 
Reika heard Kyo calling her name so she ran down the hall and down the steps. She followed Kyo silently as he told her to get her shoes and jacket on.
 
A/N- I don't own Fruits Basket