Fruits Basket Fan Fiction ❯ On The Rooftop ❯ On The Rooftop ( Chapter 1 )

[ P - Pre-Teen ]
Hello there I know I haven’t updated my first story in like forever but I’ve decided to re-vamp the whole thing and start anew and hopefully I’ll post the first three chapters soon. Any way this is a one shot featuring my favorite Fruits Basket couple Tohru and Kyo. I wrote while listening to Rooftops by LostProphets. If you have the song listen to it while you’re reading and maybe you’ll feel what I felt when I wrote this.






She climbed up the ladder that was leaned up against the house like it always had been. She had been feeling unlike her normal self lately and she knew it had something to do with the orange headed boy that was currently somewhere below her.

She sighed and found her hand was placed over her heart...where her body ached most.

'Why does it hurt so much?' she thought to herself.

She sank down until she was sitting on the roof.

'Mom...Mom what's happening to me?'

'Is this what love feels like?'

'No...this is what a love denied feels like.' she thought answering her previous question.

Her dress and hair shifted with the breeze that passed over her. Silently tears began the journey from her eyes down her cheeks and to her chin.

"Tohru what's wrong? Why are you crying?"

The girl turned to the familiar voice, and silently shook her head as more tears fell from her eyes.

How could she tell him it was him that was causing her so much pain and at the same time so much happiness, it confused her?

Now he was sitting next to her trying to comfort her.

"Damn it Tohru you know I hate it when you cry and say that nothing is wrong. Just tell me what's bothering you, I promise I won't get mad."

The girl considered his words and slowly opened her mouth to tell him.

"Its you." she said in a quiet voice.

"What?"

She drew in a shaky breath before trying again. She just hoped he remembered that he was the one who told her she could stand to complain a little and be selfish sometimes.

"It's you!" she screamed.

The look on the boys face was of one that had just been slapped.

"I understand." he said quietly and stood up to walk back to the ladder.

"No wait Kyo, I didn't mean it like that."

"...I'm listening." He said pausing in his stride, but not turning to look at her.

She turned and glanced at his back before facing forward and continuing.

"What I meant to say is that it's you that makes…” she trailed off hand covering her heart again.

“What?”

“It’s you that makes me feel like I can’t go another day if you weren’t by my side. It’s you that makes me feel like I can do anything. It’s you that makes me want to be near you and at the same time…” she trailed off again.

Now it was his turn to be confused.

"Tohru what are you trying to say?" he said turning towards her.

"I'm trying to say-she paused opening her mouth and closing it again.

The boy came back to her gently holding her shoulders to encourage her to say what she needed to say.

"I'm trying to say I love you Kyo-kun."

"What?" he said in disbelief.

The girl thought that he hadn't heard her again so she stood up letting his arms fall away.

"I love you Kyo-kun!" she yelled for the world to hear.

Fresh tears began their journey down her face. The boy smiled gently, and stood up to wipe the tears from her face.

The boy leaned in closer and slowly pressed his lips to hers in a light kiss.

The girl stared at him wide-eyed as he pulled away.

"Kyo-kun?"

"I love you too Tohru." he said and pressed his lips to hers again and she gladly returned the kiss.


The End

Tell me what you think I take all types of reviews and constructive cristisms.