Fruits Basket Fan Fiction ❯ One Last Time ❯ Resurrection ( Chapter 1 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

Resurrection--By HIM

I never forgave myself, the day that he had touched you, injured your angelic and perfect body. The body that I've touched so many times, held close to me in my arms. Black decided to come out and play, injuring that bastard who would dare do this to you..

You were the one person.. The one person who I have met that helped me.. You've soothed me when I was in pain, you've stopped my angry violent actions that have hurt many people around me..

I loved the way, how you would smile at me as I looked down at you from our place in my bedroom. Myself propped up on an elbow as my finger ran down your cheek, our eyes meeting and us sharing a simple kiss.

I would do anything for you. I'd protect you from those who you feared, and I remember how I gave everything to you. I was loyal to you. I would never look at another girl, for fear of losing you... I was romantic.. I tried to be everything that you ever would have wanted..

Maybe the reason he hurt you, was because you went and told him about...us.. Our relationship we have shared underneath a blanket of lies to someone as cruel and cold-hearted as Akito himself.

You know I would protect you, and keep you from harm. As I look down at you know, tears swell up in my eyes as I move a strand of your long dark brown hair from your pale skin. It tears me apart to see you like this..

But there you lay infront of me. White bandages decorating your seductive curves, your eyes were closed and you were breathing deeply. And a smile formed on my face as I saw the ends of your lips slightly upturn. You were my angel of grace..

And now you have fallen. You have been thrown around like something useless when in truth, you deserve to have someone who could give you everything you want. You're beautiful.. With your long dark brown hair that whisped around you, your delicate pink shaded lips that were formed in a smile as you waved at me, making a motion to get me to come over..

A seductive person, I can remember. Wearing mid-calf leather boots, and mini-skirts that barely reached mid-thigh. You were a flirt, always bringing attention to places. You almost left nothing to the imagination. But it was alright..

Because.. I loved you..

There was a time when I could breathe my life in you
one by one your pale fingers started to move

I touched your face and all live was erased

you smiled like an angel

fallen from grace


I remember when I had first met you. You were living at Kagura's house at the time while she was off at college. I hadn't realized that, and had come over to visit. And as I wait on the porch for someone to answer, I would run my fingers through my bi-color hair, smiles plastered on my face..

And then I saw you..

Your angelic face, the god-like curves of your body. You were perfect. Wearing leather wrist bands, a leather mini-skirt, and a corset, you were beautiful. Even wearing just a t-shirt, I'd have to admit.. You would still be beautiful..

And then we had fallen in love together. And I remember how I would sneak over to Kagura's house during the middle of the night, leading you back to my house and back to my bedroom. We knew it was a forbidden thing to do. But we did not really care. We kept begging for more and more..

As her lips pressed against mine, I knew that she had to of been an angel sent from heaven.. She had a certain angelic grace that no other woman I have ever seen seemed to have. And she was in love.. with me..

With me..

And I was in love..

With her..

We've been slaves to this love

from the moment we touched

and keep begging for more

of this resurrection


I had rushed over when I had heard what Akito did to you. And I cried all night as I saw you lying on the hospital bed, dressed in a pale blue hospital gown. Your hands were freezing as I held them between my own, sitting beside her cot in a hospital chair.

I waited for hours for you to wake up, never leaving your side for anything. And then, it was when your eyes finally fluttered open, my heart shattered..

"Haru," She whispered in a soft, velvety voice as she looked up at me with her dark eyes, a seductive smile on her lips.

Leaning down, I pressed my lips against hers, and after pulling apart, I whisper her name.. Rin.. It sounded so distant..

Your fingers were still ice cold as you reached out, tracing my face with your finger, a sad look was playing in your eyes as you cupped my face, a smile placed on her face. "Haru.. I'm sorry.. but.. It's over between us.."

You kissed my lips, with those once cold fingertips

you reached out for me - oh, how you missed

you touched my face - all live was erased

you smiled like an angel

fallen from grace


And then my heart shattered into many pieces and scattered. My eyes were wide as my brain processed what she had just said.. It was over, between us?

And that's when I broke..

My friend Black woke up from inside of me as a rush of anger flew out of me. I smashed windows, broke vases and dented walls. By the time I was finished, tears were flowing out of my eyes as I looked down at my bloody fist and collapsed, still crying..

Sohma's were never meant for happy endings...