Fruits Basket Fan Fiction ❯ Shadowed by Fame Shattered by Fear ❯ Entrance to Hollywood ( Chapter 3 )

[ P - Pre-Teen ]

A/N (Author's Note): Wow I was really happy with the amount of reviews for chapter 2, so I'd really like to thank you all…I feel a bit hyper right now…hehe. Okay so…Keep in mind that since the curse doesn't exist in this story, Tohru only knows people who attended Kaibara High…so that would be…Kyo, Yuki, Haru, Momiji, Hana, Arisa, and student council members… One more thing, I apologise if my next few chapters are going to be a bit confusing with the Kyoru bits, because theres…a….twist…muahaha!
 
MTR (Messages to reviewers):

Fanfiction

Mischievouz Angel: Thanks Kimmi (lol…you getting off topic again in every review haha)
fang-grl:
Yup, so many plot lines, ahhh!! Well thanks a bunch for the review!
Aqua:
You're welcome, yes basically all my reviewers are noticed for reading my story and giving me comments and tips and saying how good/bad my chapter went, so no worries! And thank you for reviewing, I'm so glad to hear that you like it.
moonflower:
Thanks a lot, I had a great weekend actually, I went horseriding, and how did yours go?? Thank you so much for reviewing!
RinHaru4ever: I see you like the RinXHaru pairing? Yea me too, well actually Kyoru's my fav, but Rin and Haru are such a good couple, they rock! Thanks for the review!
Aminch:
Yay! You like my story too? -bows- Thank you!
mysticwaterfall: Thx for reviewing, and what? You're actually looking forward to school? Wow!
Daelaeyni: Hehe, actually, you'll be pretty surprised at what's going to happen to Kyo and Tohru…well throughout the story. Let's just say until then, I keep my lips sealed tight. Lol, thank you for reviewing!

Mediaminer
?: They all have different last names because in this story, the curse doesn't exist, therefore they don't have a bond that ties them together, so I gave them all different last names since they aren't cousins. But you can still tell who they are by their same first names and their personalities.
- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
 
SHADOWED BY FAME SHATTERED BY FEAR
By Angelite Phoenix// Dark Angel of Mystery
 
CHAPTER 3: Xx- Entrance to Hollywood -xX
- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
 
Midday, 1pm at a cute little café called Sweet Honeydew, Hiro and Kisa walked in and took a seat next to the window. Hiro was just about to hand Kisa a gift when her phone rang, it was her boss.
Hiro waited for 15 minutes for the call to end, and he was starting to get a little fed up.

”Kisa?” He tugged on her sleeve telling her to eat something at least.

When the call finally finished, Hiro gave her the chocolates and waited for a response, but in return, she only got another phone call, this time it was her other cell. Altogether Kisa had 4 cell-phones and they would ring at least every half an hour or more.

Hiro looked at Kisa and shook his head, asking her not to pick up the phone, but in the end, she did. He didn't even have a proper chance to talk to her yet, but that was it, 10 minutes later, when she picked up another phone straight after her previous one, Hiro had walked out the door.

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

It was a quiet evening in Haru's apartment; he had invited Rin over to his house for dinner on their first date. They had a delicious full course Italian meal since Haru had his personal chef/cook and waiter like a private restaurant. But unfortunately the date had ended in disaster with Rin being rushed off to the hospital; the one place she had tried to avoid all the time. Haru felt extremely guilty and a little angry, close to releasing his black Haru side, that had always helped on his racing. When people pissed him off, he turned black, he got competitive and he always won in the end. But he couldn't actually turn black after what happened, because of Rin's allergies for olives, she accidentally ate one that was cooked into her meal and before she had taken her third bite, she had fallen to the ground, coughing and spluttering.

Haru was now sitting next to his love who was lying on the hospital bed with all her make-up still on but her jewelry next to her on the bedside table.

”Rin…I'm so sorry, I had no idea you were allergic to olives…Do you hate me?”
 
“Of course not Haru, I guess we just don't have enough time to get to know each other properly, I mean if it weren't for our full time schedules, maybe you would've known that I was allergic to these things.” Rin replied sadly. Although her job gave her luxury in wealth, she had such bad luck with her health and her love life.

”Yea, which makes me wonder why we got ourselves mixed up into this fame and fortune in the first place… I mean, I love racing, it's my passion, but I've missed you a lot Rin. And now on our first date, you end up in hospital.”

”Haru, its okay, really, we both have really busy careers but maybe once I get out of hospital, we can try again?”
 
“Sounds good, and I won't add olives this time, I promise.”
- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

She walked up to the door nervously, twiddling with her fingers and shuffling her feet; she then lifted her hand and knocked on the door. She was on the set of “Blind Attraction”, and she was so excited yet, so nervous about her new job since it was her first day. Tohru had read the book, “Blind Attraction” by that famous talented novelist Shigure Kusanagi and she really wanted to meet the cast of the movie. Tohru felt so lucky, she was one of the first fans to see it all, the celebrities that would be starring in the film, the set, the director, every single thing. And she had Momiji's father to thank for finding her such a job.
 
“Tohru Honda that… must be you.” A handsome orange-haired guy opened the door and smiled as Tohru nearly fainted. Not only was he Kyo Sohma the famous actor, but she had the privilege of going to the same school as him 5 long years ago.
 
“K-kyo?” She said as tears started to appear out of nowhere.
 
“Yes, my name's Kyo. Why? Are you a fan?”
 
“Oh… umm…yes…kind of, how are you doing?”
 
“Uhh…I'm good…look you haven't answered my question yet, are you really the cleaner we hired or are you just someone who wants my autograph because if you are a random fan, you can go home immediately.” Kyo looked at her suspiciously as Tohru started to cry.
 
“So…you still don't remember me…huh?

”Uhh…no, should I? I mean, we've never met before….Hey! Why the hell are you crying?”
 
“I'm sorry…I just thought that you- I mean, Yes I'm the cleaner.”
 
“Okay….great, well I'll show you around and you can get started.”

Kyo's P.O.V (point of view)
 
She doesn't look too bad for a cleaner…I mean, she's actually really…cute…DAMN, I'm meant to be with Kagura, why am I thinking this way? And what was with the waterworks? I don't know her at all, this is so weird…
 
Tohru's P.O.V

He's changed… really changed….does fame really do that much to a person so that they would treat others who aren't as fortunate as them really differently? What's worse.. he doesn't remember me after all…well how would I expect him too anyway? Not after…that accident

”Kyo? Are you in here?” A sweet voice called out as brunette-headed Kagura Tashiro entered the room and looked at Tohru oddly.
 
“Oh hey Kagura, I'm just showing the cleaner Tohru around.”
 
“Oh…I see, well I just wanted to remind you of our dinner tonight, you haven't forgotten have you?”
 
“N-no, of course not.”
 
“Great, I'll see you then, Oh and you! Cleaner! Fix that spot over there, it's where I got my Louis Vuitton bag ruined and I certainly don't want it to happen again.” Kagura spoke to Tohru rather coldly and left the room.
 
“So…you are dating Kagura Tashiro now?” Tohru asked.
 
“Yes, why, do you have a problem with that?” Kyo looked into her blue green eyes.
 
“N-no not at all, I think you're a….great couple.” Tohru stuttered the last words.

”Right, so yea, like Kagura said, fix that spot in the corner and clean the backstage, that's all you need to do for today, I think.”
 
“Y-yes I understand.”
- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
4 hours later….

”So how did your job go today Tohru?” Momiji drove Tohru around L.A city.
 
“Yea…about that Momiji…the person who was sent to…uhh assist me was…Kyo.”
 
“Kyo? Kyo Sohma?” Momiji's eyes widened.
 
“Yes…I burst into tears right in front of him in less than a minute.”
 
“Tohru…I don't know what to say, I'm sorry…I never knew he was in the cast of “Blind Attraction”, I never wanted to give you trouble by seeing him again….I didn't wanna bring back bad memories, I swear…I'm so sorry. You know if you want to change your career, my father can do so anytime…”
 
“No… it's okay…I mean…I have to deal with seeing him and I don't want to bring your father any more trouble, so don't blame yourself.”
 
“Well, okay then….so how is he doing?”
 
“He's changed a bit…and he has…he has a girlfriend.”
 
“Oh…who is she?”
 
“Kagura Tashiro, she didn't seem to like me much.”
 
“Well…maybe it's because she caught Kyo checking you out or-- Hey, you two might have a chance together again? Don't cha think?”
 
“No! Momiji! I can't do that!”
 
“I'm sorry, I shouldn't have said that…but….Tohru…if I'm allowed to ask this question, are you still in love with him?”
 
“Momiji, I…I want to move on…he's already moved on, even though he doesn't remember anything about me…so no, I don't think I can risk falling in love with him again, in other words, it's over, and it has already been over for 5 years.”

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
The scented candles lit up the room as they sat inside the nicest restaurant ever. Kyo and Kagura sat opposite each other; Kagura looking through the menu as Kyo sat there feeling a little uneasy. Yes it was a romantic environment, perhaps too romantic for his tastes, although somewhere in his mind, he was still thinking about that mysterious and beautiful cleaner. 2 minutes later Kagura had finished looking at the menu, and she noticed Kyo's mind drift, as he stared into space.
 
“Kyo?” She waved her hand in front of him as he snapped back.
 
“Sorry Kagura, what were you saying?”
 
“What are you thinking?”
 
“I'm….uhh, nothing…”
 
“Okay…well hurry up and eat, your meals getting cold.” She pointed out.
 
“Oh, sure. Sorry.” Kyo picked up his fork and knife and started to eat slowly. This was meant to be a date, and yet, it didn't feel like one.
 
“So I'm flying to New York tomorrow with some of the others for the filming.”
 
“Yea, enjoy yourself.” Kyo replied bluntly.
 
“Kyo? What is your problem today…you sound so upset?” Kagura put her fork and knife down and looked at him.

”I'm not really hungry.”

”Why? Did you eat too much for lunch?” Kagura demanded.

Flashback

”Hello Kyo, I know this might seem weird….but I made some rice balls, would you like to try some?” Tohru handed him a whole plate full of flavored and shaped rice balls.

”Sure, thanks.” Kyo took the rice balls and left, finishing the whole plate on the way.


End of flashback

”Uhh…no….” Kyo replied guiltily.

”Then what's going on? Are you thinking perverted thoughts about our cleaner?”

Man…she's psychic today, although, I wasn't thinking perverted.” Kyo thought.

”No way, I'm just tired; we did a lot of work today, so I might go to bed early tonight.”
 
“Fine, do what you want, but you're dropping me off to the airport tomorrow!”

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
 
The next day….

”You sure you're gonna be okay?” Momiji asked as he drove Tohru to work early since university didn't start until next week. .
 
“Yea, of course. I'll be fine. I'll see you later then.” Tohru waved and entered the building.
 
“You must be Tohru Honda, it is a pleasure to meet you.” A silver haired man popped out of nowhere and kissed her hand.
 
“Uhh…”
 
“My name is Ayame Shimazu, lead fashion designer of this movie. I was also told that you'd need a working uniform. So here you go, it's brand new, and its very light. I'm sure the measurements are accurate judging by your petite size, if there are any problems and you wish to see me, I'll be in that office right there, well toodles.” The man left happily as Tohru stood there with the uniform, she didn't even have a chance to speak to him properly.
 
She went to the changing rooms and got into the uniform, it was light blue and white, like a maid's uniform. But he was right; it was very light, and easy to move around in. Tohru got her equipment and started to clean the actors and actresses personal rooms. She started with Kyo's because it was the first one in the hallway. She got out her keys and opened the door seeing the back of Kyo's head.
 
“Oh I'm sorry, I'm just here to mop the floors and dust the room, I hope you don't mind if I come in.” Tohru said flustered and embarrassed. It was good that he wasn't changing but still, since when did she forget to knock on doors?
 
“Nah its ok, I'm just here cleaning out my closet so don't mind me.” Kyo shrugged.
 
“Oh ok.” Tohru got out her mop and started to wipe the floor.
 
“Umm…so if you don't mind me asking, how did your dinner go last night?” Tohru kept her head down; she had trouble with making eye contact with Kyo.
 
“Well it was okay I guess.”

”Kagura, she really likes you a lot, I can tell.”

”Yea…Well she's a sweet person…with a bad temper.” Kyo laughed.
 
“So are you two in love?” Tohru asked while blushing madly at asking such a straight forward question.

”To tell the truth, we're already engaged.”

”What? Really? since when?” Tohru's eyes widened.

”Well it was a month ago…I proposed to her once we found out that we both won the role as the two main characters of “Blind Attraction” and she agreed. But we didn't want to release all the news to the press yet, so we kept really quiet for a while.”
 
“Wow...”
 
“Heck, I don't even know why I'm telling you this; I don't even know you and you're a cleaner…why would you care.” Kyo turned around with his back to Tohru and continued to tidy his closet.
 
“Oh no, I really do care. It's interesting talking to you, and I enjoy listening to you tell me about your life. I'm glad that you can talk to me so casually. Thank you Kyo.” Tohru smiled a heartwarming smile that made Kyo crumble inside.
 
“Uhh…no problem, well I have to go now, I'll see you later, and thanks for the rice balls yesterday Tohru.”

”You're very welcome.”

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
 
”….And Brad Pitt has gotten a bit overweight lately and he's subscribed to a weekly diet exercise programme to reduce the amount of fat in his body so he could `maybe' return back into the body shape of his `younger days'. Maybe that's the reason why he's been single for over 2 years now. And must I say, my waves are telling me that he is desperate and I mean desperate to lose weight. So it makes me wonder what's gonna happen to these celebrities that were once gorgeous and famous, well I guess that's for fate to decide. Ladies and Gentlemen, that's your E news update for tonight; I am your host, Saki Hanajima, thank you and good evening.” Hana finished her report as her cell phone rang straight after.
 
“Saki Hanajima speaking.”
 
“It's me Uo, I just saw your report, it was awesome, by the way, did ya know that Tohru's in L.A right now? And she's working as a cleaner for that director Akito?”
 
“Wow, sweet Tohru is here? No wonder I sensed something strange.”
 
“Yea but the big news is, she met orangey.”

”But….that can't be good.” Hana replied sternly.
 
“Exactly, he still doesn't remember her, it's really sad ya know? She burst into tears the minute he asked who she was. Man I really do feel bad for those two, I mean they were great together, I have to admit.”
 
“Yes…such a tragic moment…”
 
“The other news is….”

”Is what Arisa? Tell me.” Hana waited for a response.
 
“Hana…I'm in love.”
 
- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

A/N: Okay, I apologize if this chapter was a little boring -_-“but I tried my best ^-^
Well as usual, you know the drill, reviews always (ALWAYS DO!!) make an author happy, (VERY HAPPY)

Till next time.

Angelite-Phoenix/Dark Angel of Mystery