Fruits Basket Fan Fiction ❯ Wanting.... ❯ Eyes ever watching ( Chapter 1 )

[ Y - Young Adult: Not suitable for readers under 16 ]

Disclaimer: Once again I am useless and do not have the money or stature or reputation to own an anime series I write about.

Ch. 1 Eyes ever watching.

"Yuki-kun?" Touru's eyes watched the prince carefully as he dug up new holes for the seedlings.

"What is it, Honda-san?" Yuki paused his digging, smiling over at Touru.

A slight tinge of pink appeared on her face and she began to fiddle with the edge of her skirt. "Etto…you said you were going to plant strawberries because I like them…right?"

The prince nodded; he loved it when she was shy.

"Well…I wanted to thank you by…by taking you out for dinner sometime!!"

The young girl had blurted out at the end, her face now a shade of red scientists had yet to discover. It didn't take Yuki long to reply.

"Of course, Touru-kun. I would enjoy that very much. He gave her another smile as she looked back up at him, surprised by his answer. The prince then leaned forward, dropping his voice to a whisper. "But, let's not tell Kyou, ne?"

Touru nodded, finally forming a smile on her lips. "Hai!"

The both of them stood, walking back towards Souma house. Dark eyes watched from a distance, fists clenching every time they saw Yuki smile.

"Stupid mouse…" Akito murmured as he watched the two disappear in the distance. He returned to Souma village, calling Hatori to his chambers.

The family doctor sat patiently, waiting to hear Akito's voice.

"Everyone is very fond of Miss Honda, isn't that true, Ha-san?" Akito didn't expect an answer, continuing to watch the same bird perch on his cream-colored finger.

"And yet…I can't figure out why. But perhaps…I could meet her for awhile…and see why she's so special."

Hatori's eyes grew wide, something was definitely wrong. Was he really being serious? Did he just want to talk to Touru? Or had he planned something? These questions roamed through the doctor's head, knowing even if they were true, he couldn't go against Akito's final decision.

"Make the appointment Hatori…oh, and make sure we are the only ones to know she's here. I would imagine what Yuki and Kyou might do if they ever found out…" Hatori nodded, leaving the man and bird quietly, his eyes not being able to see the demonic smile on Akito's lips.

"We'll see what she's like when I'm done with her…" The bird took off into the sky after his last statement, as if he knew of Akito's plans.

End Ch. 1

Soooo, how'd you like it?? I have to finish typing Ch. 2 and that's where the real fun begins. Please Review!!

-Akiko