Fruits Basket Fan Fiction ❯ Wish for you on a Shooting Star ❯ Wishes and Yearnings ( Chapter 1 )

[ X - Adult: No readers under 18. Contains Graphic Adult Themes/Extreme violence. ]

Disclaimer: I do not own Fruits Baskets or any of the characters involved in it. I merely wish to portray my own ideas through the characters. Meaning: I no own, so you no sue.

Author's Note: Hi, I'm a newbie at this. This was originally posted on a kyoru mailing list around Easter and after having my friends irl say they liked it and some good comments and such about it I decided to post and see what you though. I try to post one chapter a week and hope it's long enough to satisfy.

Wish for you on a shooting star

Chapter 1: "Wishes and Yearnings"

She stared at her clock for the third time that night as it read "3:15 AM." Tohru sighed and turned onto her back to stare at the ceiling. This was beginning to happen more frequently lately. She'd find her mind wandering, her body unable to relax and let her fall into her much needed slumber. She not only went to school and work, but was also a housekeeper and had to do well on her tests and homework. But her body wouldn't let her rest.

She closed her eyes and tried once again to let sleep take her, but he popped back into her head. She felt her face flush at the thought of the young man who had unknowingly cost her sleep for the last month or so. But it's not like she minded. She sighed as she remembered that awkward smile that seemed to come up on rare occasion. And how on breezy sunny days his orange hair almost looked like it was fire. But the thing that got her the most were his eyes.

He may not show much but anger and annoyance on the outside, but whenever she looked into his eyes there was a fiery passion beyond any she'd ever seen. Whenever he caught her with those eyes she felt like she would be trapped forever. And for some reason she didn't mind. But every time she tried to get near him... Her face scrunched up and it looked like she was in pain. 'Poof,' the next thing she knew she was holding a little orange cat.

She sighed before pulling her tired body from its comfy position in the middle of her bed and dragging herself to her feet. If she was awake she might as well be up and do something. Just as she opened the door she had an idea. She found her way to the ladder pushed up against the wall and climbed to the top of the roof glancing over the edge cautiously to make sure it was unoccupied. She sighed as she hauled herself up and over the edge and sat down looking up at the stars.

She smiled softly to herself; this was one of her favorite reasons for living out where she did. She gazed up and the hundreds of stars some, which she knew Hana or ou chan could never see from their city homes. She smiled as the moon shone in it's near fullness and started finding the different constellations. But somehow her mind wandered back to the time she had sat up there with Kyo-kun and talked to him about his training. Even back when they first met they became closer so much faster then her and Sohma-kun. Almost from the beginning he was Kyo-kun to her, not Kyo-san or Sohma-kun like Yuki. There had never been a need for formality, they just seemed to go together like that.

He had been so livid and alive when he talked about his training. And all he had talked about was his training, not how he wanted to beat Sohma-kun. He had looked so happy. 'I wish I could make him that happy. No…I wish we could be together.' She looked up to the sky again for guidance. 'No…I wish…I could hold him, if only once, and just be with him.' Her body tensed wanting for the feel of holding him in her arms. She was drawn out of her thoughts as she spotted a small amount of light that lit the sky and died almost as quickly. "A shooting star." She smiled and finally decided to try out this concept known as sleep again.

He went downstairs still half asleep and half dressed. He reached into the fridge and pulled out the milk carton opening it and taking a swig before he realized something was amiss. He looked over to the clock on the wall as it read 6:30. He then turned his attention to the already rising sun and couldn't help that feeling that something was amiss. Then it hit him, Tohru wasn't up. 'What the hell? She's usually up way before the rest of us.'

He sighed allowing himself to think back to the girl who changed everything and everyone. She had touched almost everyone in the Sohma family, but most of all, she touched him. He remembered the night she had told him she liked him, well the cat of the zodiac, and how she wanted to be his friend. But somehow over the course of time she had become his friend and then somehow surpassed it and it had become more. She was on his mind more and more with each passing day.

Her smile making his face burn crimson, her slight touches and nudges making his heart jump into his throat. He would never openly show it but she affected him a lot more then anyone else in his entire life. He shook his head and looked down with a tiny smile gracing his lips remembering back to when he had turned into his true form and she had said she still wanted to be with him. Others had tried to get near him, especially Kagura, but there was just something about Tohru.

Kyo took one more drink of the milk before he put it back and turned walking up to her room. He found her sprawled out on the bed, one of her legs hanging off the bed, her arms sprawled out wide. Her hair framed her milky face that was the image of peace. He then let his eyes wonder over her lips and noticed the rosy tinge. They then traveled down the curve of her neck and stopped. He felt his face grow hot as he noticed the position she was in showed quite a lot of cleavage. 'Cleavage?! Who the hell am I Shigure?! God damn it it's all his influence!' He took a few deep breaths to control the red on his face before approaching the bed.

"Oi, Tohru! Come on it's morning!" She stirred a little shifting towards him. Her top shifting into a more decent position with concerns to her chest. She blinked and felt her face heat up as she looked at the half-dressed Kyo. She shot up and was about to say something, but with the one leg half off the bed she tripped and started falling off the bed. "Oi," Kyo shouted just as she fell into his arms pinning him to the ground.

"Gomen! Gomen," she said looking down and was startled to be caught in the gaze of those eyes she wanted to stay in forever. That's when it hit them; she was sitting there lying on top of Kyo. Their bodies were touching, pushed together by the force of gravity, and he was still human.

"Nani," they both said at the same time.

Authors Note: So is it that bad? *Has bin ready to catch thrown fruit or veggies to make some type of food concoction* Anyway don't be afraid to tell me if it sucks or not. Just shows how desperate I am for a Kyoru fic!