Fullmetal Alchemist Fan Fiction / Hellsing Fan Fiction / InuYasha Fan Fiction ❯ When The Skeletons Dance ❯ The Gentleman with The Vial of Poison ( Chapter 17 )

[ X - Adult: No readers under 18. Contains Graphic Adult Themes/Extreme violence. ]

When The Skeletons Dance
 
The Gentleman with The Vial of Poison
 
\_-_-_-_/
 
It was about a century later when someone really interesting came along.
 
Though her appearance did not change much, she often fooled them by claiming she was the daughter and that she had died and left the will behind, stating that everything that had belonged to her now belong to the `younger generation'. It was the third time she used that tactic.
 
It worked, since some of the noble's daughters do look like their own mother like a sister. All she has to do was to manipulate the color of her eyes by changing the original color blue to deep green. She then changed it again in sometime forty years later to the color of golden brown. She did change the length of her hair to almost shoulder length and let it grow long since the second tactic.
 
But it did cause some confusion; since the first lady, “Kagome”, wasn't known to take the men to her bed and that all of the generations/daughters had the same name, “Kagome”.
 
The identity of the `father' or how the `generations' of Higurashi manage to look so young was still a mystery, but nobody needs to know that she is, indeed, an `immortal'. So currently, she was the `third' lady of the line of Higurashi. She had stolen that name from that vain noblewoman she had killed so long ago.
 
He was really… handsome yet interesting, even that delicious servant of his was interesting as well. That gentleman… His name was Earl Cain, of the Hargreaves. He seemed to have a dangerous taste of poisons. For some reason, she cannot read his mind. It was like a barrier, perhaps a wall, which prevented her from breaking through.
 
And that servant of his, she believe his name was Riffeal, she can tell he was so loyal that he would willingly die for him. Just like her dear Watson would (despite he was already dead, but that dear old man had decided to stay at her side even after death).
 
“Young master Cain, is there something you want?” She asked him one day when the Earl had decided to stay at her mansion for rest of the week, after the party she had hosted. He was curious about the rumors, he had heard, about the eerily beautiful woman and the mansion that seemly had the monsters in it.
 
“Ah, yes… Why do all of three generations of Higurashi women look almost exactly alike?” he asked, standing in front of the large painting of the first lady Kagome, investigating it. Thinning her lips, she hated dealing with the smart folks such as him, “It's… Luck of the cards, I supposed.”
 
“Nonsense!” Cain exclaimed out as he reached in his coat and pulled out a vial, “I gave you this in your dinner just merely two days before. Yet you are even not ill from it! Either you have superb immuse system or you're a witch.” She gasped slightly, her hands wrenching her skirt of her scarlet dress. He tried to poison her?! She can feel the presence of her dear old servant's ghost, lurking behind him, just waiting to have a chance to kill him to protect his mistress's secret.
 
“Let him be, Watson!” She ordered out, frowning as her ghost servant stopped his hands that held the sharp object. “Yes, milady.” He bowed after dropping the tool. Cain quickly turned around, his golden green eyes widen by the sight of the near transparent wrinkled old man in an neat suit. “What…? How did he…?” He whispered, his clever mind overloading with the strange information.
 
“He's a ghost. His name is Watson and he was the one that had died from the poisoning nearly ninety years ago. He stayed faithfully at my side ever since, even though I do not, at time, appreciated it, my dear Earl Cain.” She calmly stated. “Watson, pack my things. It seemed like we need to move if only to protect the others.”
 
“Yes, milady.” He bowed and was about to disappear as the gentleman exclaimed out, “Wa… wait! What… are you? Why won't you kill me?!”
 
“Oh, that, my dear, is a mystery even to me. I'm sort of the ghost that survives only by feasting flesh. No, my dear, I'm not a vampire, I do not like blood. It's little too thick and sweet for my taste. And I do not want anyone to be curious of their favorite Earl Cain's disappearance.” She coolly answered his questions. “Now, excuse me, dear Cain, I must go.” She picked up her skirt and bowed slightly to show her respect to him.
 
“Why do you think that I would tell anyone? I can keep secret or two to myself since after all, you're truly too beautiful to tainted the image of.” His large yet slender hand outspreaded, offering his hand to her as his golden-emerald eyes darken with some sort of glee but without seemly any evil intentions.
 
She paused, stole a glance to her old servant, who just rolled his shoulders and smiled that cruel, silly smile that she had always adored, and look back to handsome gentleman. He slacked his hand, after seeing her hesitance, and smiled, “If you don't trust my hands, then I'll offer you my lips then.” He stated.
 
Her eyes widen as he stood in front of her, his lips coming closer. His gloved hands trapped her hands and hips from pulling away and he connected his lips to her. The taller gentleman made her trapped beneath his lips and he made her do one thing she never thought she could do; to fall in love.
 
-
 
Words: 940
Paragraphs: 16
 
Author's Note: Finally! About time! I had been writing this for two days!!! That's not fun.
 
…Err…
 
…Yay!!! Enter the Godchild! I would add this to my crossover list but the limit's three and compare to the Hellsing and Fullmetal Alchemist, this is pretty much serve a lesser role (lesser role, my a$$!)… --;;; Well, just wait and see.
 
-The Gravedancers