Fullmetal Alchemist Fan Fiction ❯ All's Fair in Love and Alchemy ❯ The Rooftop Part II ( Chapter 4 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

Disclaimer: Sadly, I don't own Fullmetal Alchemist. If I did, Edward would be in my bed every night *drool* Lol.
A/N: I'm making this up as I go along XD so don't blame me if the plot is all half-assed. Oh, in this fic, Ed and Winry are 19, Al is 18 and Roy is 23. And they might be a bit OoC…
Recap
The slithery, seductive voice was all too familiar. Edward whirled. “What are you doing here?” he snarled. With a shnk a short blade slid from his auto-mail arm. “Hey—”
“I have a proposition for you.”
He shut up, warily. “Go on…”
 
Lust smirked, crossing her legs and leaning back on her hands. “Aren't you interested in the terms?” she purred, watching him with malicious dark eyes. “After all, the Fullmetal Alchemist can't expect to be given something without giving something in return.” “Let me guess, the Philosopher's Stone?” Edward growled. “No,” Lust said, surprisingly. “No, we're interested in… something else this time.”
She slid gracefully down off the part of the railing she had been leaning upon, coming close up to him. He drew back a bit, revulsion coursing through him as the seductive Homunculus put a finger under his chin and raised his face so he was staring directly into her eyes.
“I can see the pain in your eyes,” she breathed. Edward stiffened. “You've been deeply hurt by something. Let me guess… that Rockbell girl has fallen in love with Mustang?” “What's it to you?” Edward snapped, backing away. He brandished the blade at her threateningly. “Oh, put that away,” Lust sighed. “I'm here to talk, not kill you. Yet.” “That's your idea of funny?” he asked, letting the blade slide back into his arm. “Quite,” she replied. “But, I digress. In Mustang's office there is a box. A plain black box, hidden in a locked drawer in the closet. I want that box. Just the box. Then we'll kill Mustang and you can have the girl.” “Kill him?” Edward gasped. “You don't approve?” Lust asked, surprised. “We can make it seem like an accident. Just get me that box. And think about you want us to do to Mustang. You have three days, Fullmetal.” With that, the sexy Homunculus turned away and walked off, swinging herself over the railing and down. “Hey, wait! Lust!” Edward cried, rushing after her. He leaned so far over the railing he almost fell over, eyes roving the darkness for her. But she was gone.
 
Winry turned at the familiar voice crying out. Wha—Edward? What's he doing up so late? She began moving toward the other end of the building, then stopped in confusion. Don't expect him to talk to you, she told herself, picking up her pace again. You and Roy are in love.
“Edward?” she asked the blond boy, with some confusion. What is he doing? “Ed, you'll fall,” she added, grabbing the collar of his cape and pulling him upright. He whirled to face her. “W-Winry,” he said. “What are you doing here?” “Couldn't sleep,” she replied. “What were you doing?” “Couldn't sleep either,” he replied, misinterpreting the question.
 
Omigod. What's she doing up here? Did she hear my conversation with Lust? If she did, she'd tell Mustang! “Um,” he said, searching his mind for conversation topics, to steer her away from what, exactly, he'd been doing. “It's a nice night, isn't it?” Stupid, but he could work with it. “Yeah,” she replied, looking up at the stars. “I was just looking for constellations when I heard you shout.” “Er, there's the Little Dipper,” Edward said quickly, pointing. “Reminds me of back in Resembool, last time you guys visited,” Winry said, almost dreamily, leaning back on the pole beside him. “I remember it was, like, two years ago, too,” she added. “Yeah, I still remember it,” he said, grinning. “That last night when we went out to watch the stars. Al fell asleep and didn't come.” “We built a huge bonfire,” Winry reminisced. “I almost fell in it,” Edward snickered. She grinned wryly.
Suddenly she stopped, and pulled her robe tighter around her slender shoulders. “I should get back; Roy will be wondering,” she murmured, moving away from the railing. “Oh…” Edward said, trying not to sound disappointed. “A'right. Goodnight, Winry.” “G-goodnight, Ed.” Winry trotted off into the darkness, not looking back, leaving the blond alchemist staring after her like a wounded bird. His mouth opened, and softly he whispered, “Winry…” He turned back to the railing and stared down into the courtyard.