Fullmetal Alchemist Fan Fiction ❯ Belief. ❯ A-Alphonse?! ( Chapter 1 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]
Ooc: Heh, Hi there. You've reached another wacky FanFiction done by yours truely. :p Well, This is kind of ironic because I'm the only real person in here besides family and friends. Andreais, The Neighbor, Is not a neighbor at all but a bully who I know had a stupid crush on me when I was in like 5th grade. I've been thinking lately about what I would do if I didn't have my little...Gift. Hmm. Well for those of you who don't know me you'll probably think i'm insane. But, that's hard to say on my part since most of the things that happen to me that are considered insane or impossible involve more people than just myself, sometimes total strangers. So, Enjoy, And keep in mind that this is purely a FanFiction spawned from my thoughts and theories. If you don't understand some parts, it's for the better.

Belief is power.


She sobbed wildly as her hands gripped his long sleeved black turtle neck shirt. "Sam! Just calm down okay?! What's the matter?!" "It's hi-i-im!!" she replied frantically, while pressing her tear drenched face into his chest as deep as she could. It was hard to breath. Good. Maybe she'd pass out from oxygen loss and forget about all of this. Oh, Right, Forget about 9 years of being in love with someone who you just now realise breaks your heart? Her neighbor grabbed her shoulders and pulled her face from his chest, thinking the same thing would happen as she was thinking. "Who?! Just tell me what happened!" he exclaimed as beads of sweat now shown on his face from worry, His black hair sticking to his forehead. It could've been the heat, too. "You KNOW who!" she replied, and that was when Andreais paused, then sighed aggrivately as his hands left her shoulders, and he began picking up his groceries again. "Damnit, Sam, He isn't REAL. NONE OF THEM are real." he said harshly as Sam continued sobbing. He stuck the key into the lock on his door and opened it with a side glance to her. "Come on, you can stop the stupid act now. We've been through this. He isn't real, he can't possibly hurt you, and you need to stop this shit!" Andreais said as he unlocked his door and opened it. Though, he stopped when he felt Sam's hand wrapped around his ankle. "Sam, Let go! Damnit I hate it when you act like th-" "I WANT HIM TO BE." Andreais stopped dead, stareing at her with a shocked look. "What?" "I want him.....to be......r........real.....Andreais......" she said, though paused to see if the throbbing in her head would go away. Andreais stared at her, his arms shaking now. "What?? Finish your sentance!" he commanded. "Sam-"

"I LOVE HIM!" she shouted, nearly screaming it as she collapsed onto the ground. Andreais dropped his bag of groceries again, stareing at her disbelievingly. She was still crying, just not as wildly as before. Her hand still clung to his ankle loosely as her other arm was wrapped around her stomache, and her was on her knees and using her forehead to keep herself off of the ground. Andreais yanked his foot from her grip, and entered his apartment without picking up his groceries, his face now looking very angered. 'How could she.'

'How could she fall in love with him.'

____________________________________________________________ ________________________________________________________

Now, You must realise that Samantha has never, NEVER acted like that in her life. She's too calm a person to act like that. (Not including over the internet of course. Just ask her friends.) Hell, In real life she even acts shy around people. It's only when she's alone, or talking with those that others think impossible to exist that she's the open person she is on the internet. Most of the time she likes to just sit and daydream that she is somewhere else, in the places she only wishes she could be in. Like now.


She was just lying there on her bed, like she sometimes did, legs sprawled out while one arm was by her head and the other over her chest. She was wearing her green slightly baggy Camo's. She was also wearing a dark green shirt, too. She hair was tucked behind her ears like she normally had them. She hated the way it looked on her, but then she only had both sides tucked when she was alone. About 95% of her time. She had her speakers on, heaphones unplugged, and she had a list of good songs picked out and on playlist on Winamp on her computer. Right now, Passenger seat by Death Cab for Cutie was playing. She was stareing up at the cieling with a blank look on her face as she waited for something to happen. Anything. Anything at all? Nothing happened. At least, Not anymore. Only a little while ago, Month wise, TONS of things happened. You know, Demons attacking, ghosts attacking, partly changing into a werewolf or taking on the mental and emotional state of one, the usual. Heh, the usual used to be hell and a pain in the neck constantely. But laying here thinking about it, and about how dull it was now, she actually missed all of the trouble and pain. It all seemed to have stopped when THEY left. Yes, Those two. Jack and Doon. She didn't know if they had left involuntarily or of their own choice. Either way, They were gone, and she didn't know what to feel each time she thought about them. But she never cried for them anymore. Like she had swore to herself she literally had only shed two tears, one for each of them. It's not that she forced herself not to cry anymore, it's just, she couldn't.

She didn't want to make herself a pitiful victim of love and it's bitch-sister heartbreak.

Still, she did miss them. Sure she has crushes on other people, though they might not really exist unless she wants them to, but those two were the only people she was truely, truely in love with., The kind of love that makes you want to commit suicide if something like this ever happened. But, not to worry, Sam isn't that kind of person. She isn't the cutting kind either. She's more the just-let-it-hurt-on-it's-own-you-can't-stop-it-no-matter-how-much-you-cut, kind of person. Still she had thoughts about it from time to time so that's why she wore wristbands, just for safe measure. You can never trust yourself, right? She sighed heavily, closing her eyes with a small chuckle. After a few minutes, she laughed again. And after that she laughed for about 5 minutes straight before she stopped, and looked sad again and turned onto her side. "Well, That was five more minutes of my life wasted. Laughing is supposed to cheer you up, not trigger more stupid depressing thoughts." she said aloud as she heard the song change to a sad one. She sat up, glareing at Drake(her computer.) "Traitor." she said as she sighed again. "Damn...Why the hell does my life have to be so boring now? It's tearing me apart!" she said as she fiddled with one of her knives from the hundreds she owned.

It had happened just a while ago. It happened while her best friend online was away, so she couldn't unload on her friend. Still, it was a very dramatic loss for her and her friend probably didn't need to hear her pathetic sob story anyway. It might be best to tell you all, anyway.

Samantha was born......Special. She wasn't retarded, she wasn't insane(still taking votes!), she was just a pretty normal freak. She was half werewolf, too. I won't bother explaining her childhood since it's your normal not a full family so it affects the child, thing. Still, she had a power that not everyone else in the world had. Belief, and a shitload of it. She believed in Anime so much that she was Able to bring Anime characters to life that, while nobody else could see them, people were still able to see what they left behind if they wanted to. For instance, if one of them left a handprint or fingerprints on something it would show. Be there. Hell, even people who didnt believe would be able to see it. But, She only used this ability very rarely. And after a while she completely stopped using it. Why? Because she knew that people would ask for proof, ask to bring people into this world, and so forth. Why should everyone else get such a reward as to see their favorite character in front of them? So, she stopped. After getting pestered for proof, she didn't care if people called her a liar she stopped.

It was only untill later that she discovered, she wasn't even able to anymore.


It had devastated her, but she tried to hide it from her friends and keep them from realising that something was terribly wrong. Of course she acted moody towards her friends and was basically a bitch towards them. Only a few people in the world know what it's like to be in love with someone you will never be able to touch, feel, kiss, be with, or even talk to. It's murder to the heart, it is. And that was her Problem right now. She was in love but wasn't able to do anything about it but cry, and mope, and be despressed about it. However most times her despression turned into anger, and she didn't know what to pin her anger against. Simply. Maddening.

She felt tears stinging at her eyes again, just...just wishing that she could bring one person back. Just one more time. She didn't care for how long as long as it was long enough for a hug. Neh. She never liked giving hugs anyway, she never knew how to hug someone. Tightly? would that be too tight? Too lose? Would that seem like she didn't want to hug them? God, Such a simple express of emotion never seemed so complicated.

She inhaled deeply as she looked over at Drake. She stood up and walked over to the computer chair and sat down, opening up her pictures folder. There, She pulled up a folder containing pictures of the people she cared most about. Of course, there was only one person's picture she pulled up, and that was of Alphonse Elric. Yes, Normally when she roleplays she pairs up with Sasuke, Or Naruto, or someone like that. She often roleplays herself, you know. But....Her true desire and love lies with Alphonse Elric. Looking at the picture only made her sadder. Still, she couldn't close the window. She just couldn't bear to see him dissappear, yet again. She'd brought him here into our world once before, but she hadn't kept him here long enough for him to actually realize what was going on. She was just too scared to keep him there, too scared of what he would think of her. Yes, He is one of the nicest people in the world, both of them, but even he might get upset at her for bringing him there. It's pitiful.

She decided not to close the window at all. She simply slipped on a black hooded sweater and a different shirt and headed down the street to Startbucks.

'I hate this coffee shop. I've always hated it ever since it became popular. Yet, I find myself standing in front of the drive through window waiting for my order. They hate it when I do that. Standing here in my Camo's and shirt saying, "Tree hugger? I think not." on it. Plus my black hoodie. Damn. I wish they'd just hurry up. I think they can sense my hate for this place now so they are making my order really slow. Bitches.' She thought as she waited. When she recieved her drink she decided to be a bitch again. They deserved it.
"Here you go ma'am!" he said with a cheery smile.
"What are you so peppy about? Got another pickle up your ass you make-up wearing homo? No wait, Homo's are funny. You aren't funny. I despise you. You should quit your job now." And then she walked away leaving him to serve the next costumer with his shiny happy-go attitude compeltely diminished now.

She walked back to the apartment complex and sat at the bottom of the stairs that led up to the apartment above her own, sipping her cold drink through a straw. It was night, a little past midnight.
"...Out here. As usual." Andreais said as he closed his door and walked over to the stairs while holding a hamper full of shirts.
"Yeah. And you're going to do your laundry. As usual." "It was time to do laundry anyway. You reminded me to do it when you soaked my shirt in tears. Thanks." "Shut up before I make you eat your dirty socks." "Fine, Fine. I'll be on my way. Oh and if you're going to blast some music tonight like you normally do, pick something good this time. I hate Cauterize." "Fuck you it's a good band." "Whatever. Emo." "House Wife."

Andreais walked away with a scoff as he shook his head, and Sam looked down at her half gone drink. She stared at it for a good 10 seconds before she stood up, and she sprinted across the grass. With a growl she chucked it over the fence, making sure it hit smack in the middle of the road. She glared at it before she lay down on the freshly cut grass that still had some chopped up cherry blossoms here and there. She stared at the sky, looking at the stars that she could see through the leaves of the big trees. She felt her body relax, and go limp. Her breathing slowed to slow, deep breaths. She couldn't help it. This happened every time she saw something so beautiful. Of course, each time she got lost in the leaves and stars. She was lying there for a good 20 minutes, thinking only about him. Alphonse. That is, before Andreais came back with a hamper full of damp clothes mumbling something about stupid dryers being broken. He spotted Sam lying in the grass again, and he set the hamper inside his apartment before walking over to her. He crouched down and stared at nudged her. "Hey. Sam." ....."Emooooo."......."Damnit answer!" ......... "You suck. Your apartment better be unlocked or i'm just going to leave you outside." he said as he managed to get her onto her feet though she wasn't cooperating at all. He slung one of her arms around his neck and dragged her back to her apartment, and thankfully the door was unlocked. He sighed and lay her down in her room, face up so she was stareing at the cieling again. He left her apartment, closing the door behind him as he went into his own.
She stared at the cieling once more, growing more and more tired. 'Alphonse......Alphonse......Alph..onse......Al......' she thought, repeating his name over and over in her head untill she fell asleep. She even dreamt about him, though the dreams turned sour. Like always. She tossed and turned in her sleep, mumbling words that could not be made out. She had accidentally pushed her pillow off of the bed and onto the ground, and finally when she couldn't take it anymore, she screamed in her head and woke up with a shout. "ALPHONSE!" she shouted. She blinked as she sat up, breathing heavily.

"Yes?"

......................................... ........................What..........................The hell.....................................

She scanned the room and did not see him, at least not at first. It was when he opened the door. He ducked down so his head wouldn't hit the doorway and came into her bedroom, as tall as he was before. I mean he was armor, afterall. She stared in disbelief, eyes as wide as they could be. "A.....Al......You're....." "I'm what?" he asked calmly. "......Here....." "Yeah...I-i'm not sure how I got here but..." "Well, why aren't you freaking out or something??" "Huh? I- Well I've seen you before, I've been here before I think...I'm not sure how but I have seen you before so I was hoping you could tell me how I got here. And, Maybe, how I can go back?" "...I- .......So soon?" she asked with a small sad sigh. Alphonse stuttered. "Yeah, I mean, Ed will be wondering where I am..." "Y-yeah.....Okay.....I just, Didn't think I was able to bring you back again." "What do you mean? Wait, So then I WAS here before! I knew I recognized you!" "Eh...Yeah.." she said as she stood up, running a hand through her dirty blond hair. "So....I guess i'll send you back now." she said with another sad sigh, the sadness apparent on her face. Alphonse felt bad, had he done something to make her sad? "Is something wrong?" he asked her. She looked back up at him instead of the ground. "Uh- Yeah. Yeah I'm fine it's just sad that you have to go so soon." she said as she faked a small smile. It was the least she could do for him. I mean she owed him some kind of apology for just bringing him here without an explanation. She nodded as she closed her eyes. "Well, bye then." she said to him. "Bye." he replied, waiting.

Thaaat's about what they did for five minutes. Waiting in an akward silence. She opened her eyes again, stareing at him in pure and utter shock. He looked left, then right, then at her as he asked apprehensively, "What's wrong? Why are you looking at me like that?" he asked as he took a step backwards. She stared in shock even more untill she turned to Drake, pressing the shut down button as she shut Drake off. She then looked back to Alphonse. "I.....I don't think I can send you back." she said as she looked at him with extremely apologetic eyes. He gasped in shock. "What?! You..You aren't serious are you??" he asked as he took a step forward. Sam nodded and said, "I am so...So very sorry. I tried, I really did try sending you back but it's like before...It just doesn't work anymore..." she said as she sat on her bed and looked at her feet. "I'm really really sorry. I can't even tell you how sorry I am, Really! I don't even think it was my fault bringing you here I must have done it in my sleep and...And...." Alphonse sighed. "It's.....Okay....I guess...I just don't know what Ed is going to do. I'm worried about him." Sam looked at Alphonse who's head had lowered a considerable amount, metal shoulder sagging. Sam stood up and walked over to him. "I'm sure he'll be fine!" she said, showing another half truth smile for him. "I mean...Sure he'll be worried and all but he'll be fine! And I swear on....Ishbala...That i'll keep trying to send you back, Okay?" she asked him. Alphonse looked at her, and after a minute of thought nodded. "Okay. If you really think he'll be okay. But...First...Who are you?" Sam blinked as she laughed. "Heh! I guess we SHOULD be properly introduced, Huh?" she said as she nodded and rubbed the back of her neck. "Well My name is Samantha. Or, You can call me Sam if you want." she said with a true smile. Ah, She hadn't truely smiled in a long time now. She slipped on her black Steel Toe boots and then went into the living room and kitchen, Alphonse followed. "Heh, Well, I guess you should know that you and your brother are alot more famous here then you are where you actually come from." Sam said. Alphonse paused, and then asked, "Really?" Sam nodded as she drank a bottle of water, then sat it on the counter. "Yeah. And I mean really famous. So, if I take you out to show you the town don't be suprised when people stare or ask for pictures, okay?" she said. Alphonse nodded with a little laugh as he rubbed his head. "Heh, Okay. I'm used to being stared at actually. It sort of comes with being in a suit of armor." he said. She nodded as she picked up her messenger bag from the table, then went to the front door. "Alright then, Ready to go?" Alphonse was suprised and said, "Huh? Now?" "What's the matter, want to be stuffed in this small apartment instead?" "N-No! It's okay I was just wondering." he said. She nodded as she unlocked the door and opened the door. She stepped outside and Alphonse ducked again as he exited, then stood up fully again. Sam couldn't help but smile at the clanking footsteps. They sounded so new, yet so familiar. She closed the door and locked it, then turned around only to find Andreais standing there, looking shocked. Alphonse stuttered and took a step back. "Uh....Hi...." he said with a small wave. Sam stepped in front of Alphonse and walked over to Andreais. She looped an arm around his neck, and then looked at Alphonse. "Alphonse, This is my stupid neighbor Andreis. Andreis, Alphonse. Nice meeting you, you too, let's go!" she said as she took Alphonses hand and quickly tugged him away before Andreais snapped out of it. She let go of his hand about 5 seconds after she'd grabbed it, though. "Um....Andreais is.....Kind of a mean person so he might give you some trouble if I'm not around...Okay? I mean I just thought I should warn you, He's just not a nice guy." she said as they now exited the gate and then walked down the street. Alphonse stared. "A mean guy?" he asked curiously. "Yeah, I mean, He causes trouble for other people for some reason. I dunno." she said as she shrugged. She looked at some people across the street that were stareing at Alphonse. Alphonse noticed too, but like he was told he stayed calm about it. "Okay." he said as he nodded, "But if he's such a mean guy then why did you treat him like a friend just then?" Sam blinked, groaning in her head. "Uhh...Because! Treat him nice and who knows he just might be nice to other people, right? Ahaha..." she said, hoping he'd buy it. Alphonse seemed to think for a moment before sighing. "Alright then." he said. They stopped, waiting for the lights to change so they could cross the street.

A teenager walked over to them, eyes glued to Alphonse. "...Wooaahh........Is that really a metal suit? It must be heavy man!" Alphonse stared, but then remembered what she said. "Oh- Uh...Yeah, It is?" "And isn't it hot in there??" "Not really..." "Yeah yeah alright come on move along man. It's like you've never seen a cosplayer before." Sam said as she pushed the guy, sending him sailing down the sidewalk on his skateboard. "Cosplayer?" Alphonse asked. Sam nodded. "Yeah...It's where people dress up as famous people, Like you! Heh, You should feel honored! But, If anyone asks just tell them you are a cosplayer and they should understand pretty well. Eheh...." she explained. Alphonse nodded again and pointed out that the lights were changed, so they crossed the street.