Fullmetal Alchemist Fan Fiction ❯ It's only 'You and Me' Riza ❯ You and Me ( Chapter 1 )

[ P - Pre-Teen ]

Disclaimer: I do not own Fullmetal Alchemist!
Author's Note: I heard this song earlier and thought it was perfect for a RoyAi fic. Song- `You and me' by the band `Lifehouse.'
 
 
 
What day is it? And in what month?
This clock never seemed so alive
I can't keep up and I can't back down
I've been losing so much time
 
The ballroom glittered. Soft music was played by a small orchestra. They're strings filled the room with a sweet tune. There were small clacks of heals, and the shuffling of feet. Soft murmurs of people intertwined with the orchestra's strings. Lights darted around the room from a low hanging glass chandelier. Two lone figures leaned against the wall at either sides of the room. One, her head down, a little embarrassed to be here. The other, sighing in sheer boredom. Both had their minds on other things, but one thing kept bugging each one.
 
Riza Hawkeye looked stunning in her beautiful sky blue dress. It was sleeveless, resting nicely on her chest. It hugged her form tightly down to her waist where it fell open in a sea of blue layers. Sequins curled in a pattern here, or fabric hung there. Her blond hair was pulled back into a twisted bun. A few strands fell forward into her face, curled into neat ringlets. Burning amber eyes were gazing at the marble floor, in a daze. They were clouded over in thought.
 
A stiff Roy Mustang watched her from across the room. His mop of black hair was messy, as usual. It hung over in his smoldering onyx eyes which watched his Lieutenant's every move. He wore a simple black suit, very neatly ironed and put together. It caught a few people's attention, but the Colonel only had eyes for one. He wanted nothing more then to feel her silken blond hair between his fingers. Her eyes staring up into his. Their closeness was something he longed for, but was so forbidden, that Riza would never give into it. Roy loved her more then he had ever anyone else.
 
Cause it's you and me and all of the people with nothing to do
Nothing to lose
And it's you and me and all of the people
And I don't know why, I can't keep my eyes off of you
 
 
Words formed in his mind. Anything that he could think of to say to her. Roy wanted to move forward, but when he tried, he went nowhere. Something was holding him back, not letting him talk to her. What was it that was gripping at his body, restraining him to do anything? He watched helplessly as she shuffled her feet, looking up to gaze across the room. Their eyes almost caught for a moment, and he could almost make out a hint of sadness lurking in their depths. He inhaled deeply and again tried to move forward.
 
All of the things that I want to say just aren't coming out right
I'm tripping on words
You've got my head spinning
I don't know where to go from here
 
Roy moved across the floor with liquid movements. He kept his gaze on Riza. The gunslinger looked up at him as he approached, stopping before her. She gave him a curious look as they stared at each other for a few moments. They were each waiting for the other to talk, too nervous to talk themselves. Roy was the first to put something into words.
 
“Hi,” he muttered, embarrassed at how stupid it sounded.
 
“Good evening Sir,” she responded. Roy cringed at the use of the word `sir.' Why couldn't she just call him Roy?
 
Cause it's you and me and all of the people with nothing to do
Nothing to prove
And it's you and me and all of the people
And I don't know why, I can't keep my eyes off of you
 
Roy held out a shaky hand and gave a nervous grin. This was the moment that he had been waiting for. The one reason he had come to this stupid thing. To maybe get a chance to dance with his Lieutenant; his Riza. Riza blushed a deep shade of scarlet and took his hand. He swept her onto the dance floor, his one hand in hers, the other low on her waist. She held his shoulder, staring up into his eyes. They connected for a few short seconds before looking away.
 
There's something about you now
I can't quite figure out
Everything she does is beautiful
Everything she does is right
 
As the notes were played, and the music made, the two moved around the floor. They're steps were together in perfect harmony. The connection between them grew with a heated intensity. They're steps brought them close. Each wouldn't admit, but they loved it. Roy loved the feel of Riza as he danced with her. The way she looked, the way she moved. Everything she did was like she was painting a beautiful picture. Riza also loved the sudden touch of her Colonel. The way he held her with such gentle care. His cool hands on her skin brought tingles up and down her spine. She loved it all, not wanting to break the moment.
 
Cause it's you and me and all of the people with nothing to do
Nothing to lose
And it's you and me and all of the people
And I don't know why, I can't keep my eyes off of you
and me and all of the people with nothing to do
Nothing to prove
And it's you and me and all of the people
And I don't know why, I can't keep my eyes off of you
 
Roy pulled his thoughts together, trying his best to muster up his courage. He had wanted to tell her something for a fairly long time, but this was his chance. It was the perfect time, and he was so anxious. And before he could stop himself from going on he let it slip.
 
“Riza, I have something to tell you,” he murmured. The woman looked up at him, unused to being called Riza. In all her years under him, it had always been Hawkeye, or Lieutenant. Never once had it been a Riza. What made this so different?
 
“Yes Sir?” she asked, nodding for him to go on. But then Riza shook her head and let out a small laugh. “Yes Roy, go on,” she corrected, wanting to call him that more then anything.
 
He choked on his words. What was so hard about saying those three words? What caused so many people to trip over them? He finally looked down, their eyes locking.
 
“I… I love you Riza,” he said softly. She gave a little gasp, a blush once again coming to her cheeks. She looked away from him, only to have Roy cup her chin. He turned her back to look at him. His eyes were sincere, and full of a love he had never let show. He bent down and brought his lips to hers. At first, Riza was a little apprehensive, but after a moment, she returned it with the same fiery passion. Roy nibbled at her bottom lip, asking for entrance. She quickly obeyed and their tongues fought for dominance.
 
After a few moments, they pulled away. Riza searched his eyes for any sign of humor or joke. She found none, and was silently celebrating. Pulling closer, she wrapped her arms around him, her head on his chest. Roy reached down and stroked her hair, pulling it from its twisted bun. It fell down around her face. The two sighed in happy content and stayed like this. They had no desire to move. It was all there in the open. Their deep love for each other, and that's how things would stay. Colonel and First Lieutenant. Flame Alchemist and gunslinger. The love they felt was the same, no matter if it was forbidden or not.
 
What day is it?
And in what month?
This clock never seemed so alive
 
 
 
Author's Note: Hope you liked it. I took down `Riza Needs a Miracle' because I didn't like it. If you read this, and want it back up, or wanna read it, just tell me and I'll be glad to put it back up. Keep looking out for my newest chapter in `Who are You?' I plan to update soon.