Fullmetal Alchemist Fan Fiction ❯ Looking fear in the face ❯ Comfort ( Chapter 2 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

Alright so this is Chapter 2 of the story .Hope you enjoy it!
 
 
“Huh?” Alphonse was the first to respond. ”But what about central— “ Riza quickly answered. “ We're on vacation Alphonse so at the moment central is in the hands of others.” Edward's hand fell into place with Winry's, making the blonde-haired girl look over at him. No one else seemed to notice. ”And I suppose you want to stay here.” Pinako's question sounded more like a statement. Roy decided to use his smooth talking on this one .”Well since there are few rooming boards around here we figured — “ “ That you could stay here.” Winry interrupted. Ed's eyes widened. “Winry, don't—“ He whispered just so she could hear. She ignored him.” Is that what you want?” Winry had a sort of demand in her voice that was barely noticeable. Ed squeezed her hand in warning.” Yes, if you and your grandmother don't mind.” Roy stated, locking eyes with Winry. His eyes showed that he was confused by her actions, but sensed some hostility.” I think that'll be alright, if Ed and Al use the same room.” Pinako commented, oblivious to what was happening before her. ”And since you're Ed's boss, I can ignore the fact that you're in the military.”
 
Edward thought that comment wasn't entirely true, but was too worried about Winry to give it much thought. He looked over to where his hand held hers as, if it symbolized the support he was trying to give her .He eyes glanced over at Roy, who was still staring at Winry. 'He has no idea.' Ed thought to himself.' That she could possibly know about Ishbal.' He stood, breaking Winry's glance from Roy to himself. ”It's gettin' kinda late.” Edward said aloud. Alphonse picked up where Ed left off. ”Ya. Brother's right. Den want me to walk you to your bed?” Al asked the dog in front of him. Den barked in response, getting a chuckle out of everyone, including Winry. ”I'll show you to your rooms.” Pinako told Roy and Riza. Their three voices faded in the hallway, only hearing Riza talking about a puppy that she had.
 
“And I'll walk you to yours.” Ed said to Winry once they were gone. When they got there, Edward gave Winry a worried look. ”Are you sure you gonna be alright? ”He asked her. Winry nodded. “I'll be fine.” Edward was not convinced.” `Cause of need be Riza wouldn't mind telling Roy they need to—“ Winry put a finger over Ed's lips.” I'll be fine Ed, I promise.” She removed her finger, leaving Ed with a warm smile .”Remember you promised.” Edward whispered, kissing Winry on her forehead. After Ed went to his and Al's room, Winry went into hers. She sucked in a much needed breath. ”And you can never break a promise.”
 
 
I know, I know, it's a lot of Ed/Winry, but it's not implied. There just really good friends. Don't get me wrong, I love Ed/Winry stories, but that's not what I want for this story. So hopefully my personal feelings won't seep into the writing.^_^