Fullmetal Alchemist Fan Fiction ❯ Mourning Kiss ❯ Mourning Kiss ( Chapter 1 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

Yet another Baby!Elric one-shot. Be prepared to see a good deal of Baby!FMA Cast from me. ^^
Enjoy.
 
Mourning Kiss
 
“Brother, why can't Mama come back?!?! Where did she go?!?!”
 
Al's sobs pulled at my heartstrings painfully. Mom was dead and he didn't want to accept it, even though I knew in some way he already had. He was sad and confused, and honestly, I was too. I want my mom back. Why did she have to die? It's not fair! She was so kind and nice, she didn't deserve to die. It's all dad's fault…
 
“Brother!”
 
I snapped out of my thoughts, Al needed me; this was no time to think about anything else but him. I bent down next to him, since he was already on his knees in front of Mom's grave.
 
“Al…Al, its okay, I'm sure everything'll be alright...” I was lying through my teeth, but Al didn't need to know that. I had to be strong, if not for my own sake, then for his. “Al, please don't cry…I'll take care of you, just like Mom did, I promise.” He looked up at me with teary eyes,
 
“But where IS she, Niisan?!?!” I wrapped my arms around him and whispered,
 
“She's in Heaven now, okay?” Another lie. But if it made Al feel better….”She can't take care of us anymore. She's not coming back, so we have to take care of each other now, all right?”
 
He sobbed on my shoulder, but nodded furiously, “O-Okay…Nii…..san” His words came out in hiccups. I threaded my fingers in his short hair best as I could. His sobs made me feel terrible. I didn't want my little brother sad and crying. I remembered what mom did when either of us were sad, and pulled back so that we were face to face- and then I kissed him. I had the feeling his eyes widened quite a bit before he decided to kiss back, but I ignored it for the time being as I held his chin up with my right hand. We kissed for a while, but once we separated for air, I saw that his tears had stopped. “Niisan…”
 
“I'll keep you safe like a good big brother, okay? I'll take care of you now until we bring mom back” Confusion danced across his adorable features before he smiled that warm smile that I somehow knew was reserved only for me, and settled into my lap.
 
“Even after we bring mom back, will you still take care of me?” I wrapped my arms around him again and rested my chin on top of his head,
 
“Of course I will.” I could practically feel his smile.
 
“Thank you, Niisan!” He yawned and slumped in my arms, “I love you Brother…” I instantly smiled,
 
“I love you too Al, more than anything.”

STILL CAN'T DENY THEIR CUTENESS.
Powered by LiveJournal.com