Fullmetal Alchemist Fan Fiction ❯ Pie Day ❯ Pie Day ( Chapter 1 )

[ A - All Readers ]

 
 
Pie Day
 
 
Roy looked up as the door to his office opened and Lieutenant Hawkeye came in. She was holding a small plate in her hand.
 
“Something I can do for you, lieutenant?” Roy asked curiously. She gave him a quizzical look and set the plate down on his desk. He looked down at it and saw a small pie, meant to serve one person. He glanced up at her. “Pie?”
 
“From Edward Elric, sir,” she responded sounding just as curious as he felt. Again he looked down at the pie. Since taking the younger alchemist as a lover, Roy had received some odd gifts from the teen, but... pie?
 
“He asked me to tell you `Happy Pie Day'...” she said with a raised eyebrow.
 
He blinked. “Pie Day?” he asked, and when she shrugged he thought for a moment, then asked, “What's today?”
 
“March 14th, sir.”
 
Suddenly it dawned on him and he smirked. Ed really was a geek... “Thank you, lieutenant.”
 
She nodded, but instead of leaving, she said, “What does it mean?”
 
He dipped his finger into the pie and stuck it in his mouth for a moment, then shook his head. “It's Happy `PI' Day, lieutenant, not Happy `Pie' Day,” he explained.
 
Her eyebrows knit together and he said, “PI is a mathematical constant. It's an irrational real number which is the ratio of a circle's circumference to its diameter in Euclidean geometry, and has many uses in mathematics, physics and engineering. It approximately equals 3.14159, or if you wanted to bring it only two places after the decimal then it would be 3.14. Today is March 14th... the third month and the fourteenth day, thus PI Day.”
 
Roy shook his head. “That kid really is a geek.” He glanced up at her to see a smirk on her face. “What?” he asked.
 
“I think the two of you are definitely made for each other.”
 
--
 
Please Review.