Fullmetal Alchemist Fan Fiction ❯ The ALTERNATIVE to Ed and Roy Yaoi ❯ Roy's Angsty Past ( Chapter 2 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

Chapter 2: Roy's Angsty Past [oh god, even more of this? x_x;]
 
By the way, Roy did win the Yu-Gi-Oh tournament. Ed lost about $5 and his virginity due to it. But since no one that actually reads this kind of fanfic cares about the actual details of a Yu-Gi-Oh competition, it shall be brushed off as an insignificant incidence.
 
In the center of a room bare of any decoration, a tired and frazzled young man lies on his back above the barren carpet. He stares at the ceiling, bland of any feeling. His eyes are fixed on a single spot where the leaks from above form a strange circular stain on the white ceiling. He raises his right arm towards the lonesome light bulb half-heartedly hanging on by a bare thread. The light is harsh, stern...
 
As Mustang sits up, he feels a slight pain between his thighs. He winces, remembering the source of this discomfort. His eyes cloud up as he recalls... painfully, minute by minute.
 
Roy Mustang, an innocent fourteen-year-old boy, slowly wanders down the path leading to Alchemist Academy, the top school in the nation for training future military leaders. Little did he know that this day would change his life forever. Among his classmates, Roy was extremely shy. Possibly because he started puberty a tad later than others, he was constantly affronted by his classmates and was constantly teased as a match stick, an insult that ingeniously combines his physical qualities with a certain pyromaniac obsession.
 
"Today's lesson involves lighting fire to a stack of hay with the use of alchemy." Roy's face brightens up as the teacher announces the syllabus. He watches with fascination as his teacher drew a transmutation circle and continued to explain the directions for all students to follow.
 
Ten minutes later, Roy was the first to finish the preparations before the actual lighting of the fire. He looks down at his slightly distorted transformation circle, half expecting the fire to spring out by itself. The lure of the flame was too great, Roy leans down towards the circle, closer and closer until he could smell the chalk dust floating above the inscriptions...
 
Then there was light. And there was chaos. No one knew how it happened, but the whole class watched open-mouthed as Roy ran around the whole building with his pants on fire, while inadvertently fanning the fire and exacerbating the situation. The administrators of the building chased after him, futile in their attempt to dump water on the screaming idiot.
 
Sssssss... that was the last sound Roy heard before he fainted, only to be awakened in a few hours in the nurse's office by the hysterical laughter coming from outside the door.
 
Though the fire never actually did any physical harm to Roy, the mental damage has been done. He transferred schools shortly after, and never again did he trust anyone else who had a match in hand. He vowed to become the master of fire, so that he could avoid any additional tragic events of the same nature.
 
Also, as a side note, due to this angsty childhood, Roy is now able to participate in a stereotypical yaoi fanfic.