Fullmetal Alchemist Fan Fiction ❯ The First Time ❯ The First Time ( Chapter 1 )

[ P - Pre-Teen ]

-
-
 
The First Time
 
By: ZaKai Stonewall
 
For: Kikiko
 
-
-
 
 
Twelve year old Edward Elric opened the door to the Lieutenant Colonel's office and peaked inside.
 
“Hey, come on in chief.” Havoc said around a cigarette. Cautiously, Ed walked into the room and looked around at the officers lazing around the office. “Come on, don't be shy.” The tall man coxed, waving the young alchemist in with his hand.
 
Ed slowly walked toward the Lieutenant. Why were they all here? Where was Mustang? He was told to be here at this time, but no one had said anything about anyone else…
 
Havoc stood and put a hand on Ed's shoulder. “Gentlemen!” he boomed boisterously. “Today is a big day for Major Elric.”
 
Ed looked up at the grinning man in confusion.
 
Big day?
 
What the hell?
 
“Ooooh yeah!” Breda said, a grin beginning to spread on his face. “Congratulations Ed! I still remember my first time…” His voice trailed off with a sigh of happiness.
 
The boy's brow crinkled in perplexity. What was the man talking about?
 
“I don't know…” Fuery cut in, “I was really shocked my first time. I didn't realize how far it would go. I still can't believe it. For me it just gets worse every time.”
 
“Not like anything changes. You should change your perspective on it.” Havoc said, then added, “But you're right you know. It's just not the same after the first time. You don't get quite the same happy feeling. It's better when you don't know what's happening to you.”
 
“I prefer not to think about it. It's just too painful,” Falman mumbled. “When I joined the military I had no idea it would be like this.”
 
“Yeah, me either,” Breda chortled, “But I think Hawkeye enjoys seeing our pain if you ask me.”
 
The rest of the officers laughed, and Ed was beginning to feel more uncomfortable by the minute. What the hell where they talking about? At that moment Lieutenant Colonel Mustang walked through the door and headed toward his desk.
 
“Hey boss, did you remember that today is Ed's big day?” Havoc asked, eyes dancing in amusement.
 
“Oh… no, I forgot…” Mustang made his way toward them and looked down at the short blond for a moment before sighing and resting a hand on Ed's shoulder. “Congratulations Ed. Today you become a man.”
 
Ed could feel blood rushing to his cheeks. “Uh…” He started, but at that moment the door opened and Lieutenant Hawkeye walked in carrying a small bundle of white envelopes. “Alright boys, it's time.”
 
“I don't think I'm re…” Ed began when Mustang pushed him toward the blonde woman. “Lieutenant,” Mustang said, “Today is Ed's first time be sure to be gentle with him.”
 
The short alchemist could hear the other officers snickering, but Hawkeye looked down at him with a small grin before turning her attention to the envelopes. After a second she pulled one out and handed it to him. “Congratulations,” she whispered, then briskly began calling out names.
 
Ed turned the envelope over in confusion. His name was written neatly on the front. Curious, the boy opened it and pulled out a paper. His eyes widened, and he grinned.
 
“You see,” Havoc snickered, “The first time is amazing isn't it.”
 
Ed looked up in excitement. “Wow! That's a lot of money. Why would this be bad?”
 
Mustang stepped up beside him and pointed to a long list on the paper below the check. “These are all the things the government takes out of your pay.”
 
The new alchemist's grin faded away as he scanned the list, then shouted angrily, “What? I don't believe this! They're totally screwing me over!”
 
“Boss, you should have let the afterglow remain just a bit longer,” Havoc muttered around his cigarette.
 
Mustang shrugged then looked down at Ed and said, “Well was it good for you?”
 
--
Please Review