Fullmetal Alchemist Fan Fiction ❯ The Life of Death Freeze ❯ Bruns that will never be forgotten ( Chapter 1 )

[ P - Pre-Teen ]

Burns that will never be forgotten
 
As house lays in flames, a young girl standing in front of it. Her eyes wide with shock, a basket filled with apples lay beside her. The apples scattered everywhere across the ash covered ground. The two story house was inglufed in flames. The little girls stuff everything she had hoped and worked for. Her long wavy rose red hair brushed back in a blue ribbon, caught a few of the ashes. The wind blew the girls blue sun dress to the side so you could see one of her long legs. Her sparkling icy blue eyes showed fear, sadness, anger, and so many other feelings. She was lost in the flames, then it hit her. Her parents! She new it was to late, either they were dead or somewhere else without her. Her arms curled up to her chest as she watched her house fire die down. Where would she go now? What would she do? Her family has been fanishing for years. Was she the last of her family? What was this? A curse? A Jinx? How was this young 13 year old girl going to survive! Afilia Rose Mustang, had no choice but to move on. She picked up the only thing she had left to take with her. A book, the old brown cover proved it to be ancient. Its cover was filled with various transmutation circles. It was her book, where she solved problems, made a Diary, and much more. That book held her life and all that has happened. "As soon as I find a place to stay." Afilia said "I will write in you again." Her voice was bliss and sweet her eyes filled with wet, cold tears. What would she do now? Only fate could decied for her! As she turned to walk away, her life started over.
 
~ ~ ~ ~
 
That is where we left her but how is she now? Why she has taken cover in Ishbal. The town may have been small but the people were kind to her. She did her share of work and did what she was told. She was basicaly adopted by the family of three. Th mother, Hirasa, was tall and thin. She had tan skin and crimson eyes like everyone in that town. She had a sweet motherly voice, like Afilia, she prefered to be called Rose, reminded herself of her own mother.
 
The father, Garati, was not to diffrent from her own, he went to town with Rose most of the time. She loved to help them work on sunny days. But mostly stayed home with Hirasa and her son, Maral. He was the same age as Rose, but even though Rose was a girl, he treated her like a little sister and sometimes and older brother. The would mess around and wrestle. Sometimes Rose won, sometimes Maral won. But they were tighter than any other sibbling known to the town.
 
"I'm gonna be taller than you are!" Maral said.
 
"Ha! Yeah right!" Rose said, as the two bickered Rose left for her room down in the basement. She asked for this space because she liked to be alone most of the time too. Maral and the others respected that because she was the only child with cream skin and blue eyes. She mostly wrote in her book and praticed Alchemy by herself. She didn't want them to know she could. She wasn't very good though. She was working on it, she had favored in two types of Alchemy. Ice and water, the two where not very diffrent at all.
 
"Rose, Darling dinner is ready." Hirasa called. She steped away from the door as Rose stood up.
 
"I'm comming." Rose said slowly closing her book and walking up the steps. Rose sat down as they did prayers.
 
The first to speek was Garati, "Rose, have you heard from Sirus and Miril that people like you are comming our way? You might learn something from them!" he said smiling at the very young girl.
 
"Yes indeed I have. I hope to learn something. Even if it means leaving, but you help has been great." Rose said in the most respectful tone she could.
 
"It was nice having you dear. You were a wounderful help!" Hirasa said.
 
"You are a good sis too." Maral chimed in.
 
"Thank you." Rose said
 
"They'll be here tomorrow Rose, I'll take you into town and will see what we can do to talk to them. Lets hope that we can." he said.
 
"Thank you very much." Rose bowed her head and the continued with their meal.
 
When the meal was finished Rose retreted to her room like always. She sighed and started writing in her book like always.
 
Dear Diary,
 
At last I might have a chance to get some answers. But leaving might be hard on everyone. I've notice for a while that the people have gotten attached to me. Which will make this harder, I think. What if the others miss me to much? What if the world won't realize I left? What if my parents are alive and the come to look for me here? What will I do diary what will I do? I'm scared to leave but happy to get some answers at last! I wish you could answer back. I wish I new what to do from here. But I can only wish.
 
Forever yours,
Afilia Rose Mustang
 
As she closed the book she sighed laying down. "Tommorow is the day I get answers! I will find my mother and father or someone to fit the place." Rose said and fell asleep like always. Mabye for the last time.....
 
 
~ ~ ~ ~
 
"Rose, darling time to get up. Hurry up now!" Hirasa called.
 
Rose awoke to the smell of a nice meal. They ate in silence untill Maral spoke.
 
"Are you really going to leave?" he asked her.
 
"I might." Rose replyed simmply.
 
"I don't want you to go Rose." Maral said.
 
"I don't want to go either but...its something I must do." She said. Maral must have under stood her words for all he did was nod.
 
"Rose! Rose! There here quick!" yelled two voices. One was boy and the other girl.
 
Rose stood "There here?!" she asked to stunned to speek.
 
The young girl was younger than Rose and the boy. Her eyes were crimson and her skin was tan. Her hair was cut short like a boys. "Yes hurry! There doing something!" she screams happly. Her name was Miril.
 
The boy nodded "Come on Rose!" he said. The boy looked almost just like Miril, they were twins! His name was Sirus.
 
"I'm comming lets go!" Rose said
 
"I'm comming too!" Maral said following and the 4 left the house.
 
Rose pushed throught the corwad and the 4 came up front as a man preformed Alchemy. From the looks on everyones faces they didn't like it. A man glanced at Rose, his thoughts to her were clear. She must have stood out in the crowd of tan people. Herself being the only one that had peach skin.
 
A man broke from the crowd and tryed to hurt the Alchemy man. Alchemist, they called themselves. They started shooting to calm the crowd down but all Rose head was a scream.
 
The her friends yelling " MARAL!" and as quickly as possible Rose swung around. Maral lay dead on the ground, he had been shot and killed instantly. The crowd gasped and turned on the Military men, a war was born between them. Rose just stared at Maral's dead body, how could she explain? She felt a hand on her shoulder, it was her adoptive parents.
 
"Its alright." they said "We know what happened."
 
Rose was ferious with the military and looked at them "They will pay! Even if they are my race! I don't care! I will kill them everyone!" she yelled
 
"No, Rose don't do that its not right to." Hirasa said.
 
Rose broke free from their grip and started running, "No! Its not! They killed him and he didn't do anything! Revenge will be mine! Mark my words!"
 
With that the war had just begun. Rose found shelter in a abandoned house. Praticing her Alchemy, till she was ready to set the viper lose. When she was ready, she would destroy what she had so much hope in.
 
Dear Diary,
 
Today my dear brother was killed by the militay men. It was a careless atempt to calm the crowds down but they shot him. I'm ferious now, and I won't rest till I get them all, I swear till I'm deep in the ground. Untill I'm ready I will lie low. Pratice my Alchemy so I can be the best. I will be the best.
 
Love Forever,
Afilia Rose Mustang