Fullmetal Alchemist Fan Fiction ❯ union of two elements ❯ Flashback ( Chapter 2 )

[ Y - Young Adult: Not suitable for readers under 16 ]

This is chapter two. plz…no flames.
 
 
 
Ed sat in the bathtub, letting the hot water soak into his body.
 
For the last five years he did nothing but worry. Worry for his brother, worry for himself, worry for that bastard he calls sir. Yes he always worried about Mustang. He always thought that the man was unstable, especially after Maes' Death. He was afraid that the man would crack and put a bullet in his own head. He was afraid that the minute he came back Roy would be dead somewhere. Yes, he worried for Roy. More than he should of.
 
He was glad Roy didn't kill himself, or happen to get married. As sad and sick as his wish was, Ed never wanted Roy to get married, he'd had a crush on Roy since the beginning. He never really realized it until he was about 14.
 
Flashback to when he was 15-
 
~ Winry leaned in to kiss Ed.
 
Edward jumped out of the way before her lips touched his .She leaned forward too much a landed with a thump as she hit the ground.
 
Ed's mind was spinning from what jut happened.
 
He looked at his childhood friend as she sat on the ground.
 
“Winry? What's gotten into you?”
 
 
“I love you Edward” Winry said, tears running down her face. Her hand out stretched to grab his collar and pull him into a kiss.
 
Ed stepped back, as Winry continued to cry. The ground sprayed with tears.
 
“Why won't you love me?” Winry said quietly.
 
Ed brushed his lips against hers. “Because, I'm in love with someone else.” Ed answered.
 
Winry looked at him with pain as she sat on the ground. She knew exactly who this
` someone else' was. She walked by his room and heard countless moaning of the colonel's name. She hoped that it was a phase; besides, the colonel was so into women; that being gay was out of the question. Ed still loved him though, and she couldn't change that.
 
Somehow she knew she didn't stand a chance.
 
End of flashback
 
Ed remembered that day. He felt awful for Winry, but he had come to terms with his feelings for Roy a long time ago and he couldn't love her.
 
Al on the other hand, loved Winry; he always loved Winry. They got married two months ago, and although Winry loves Al, her feelings for Ed will never truly go away.
 
Ed sat in the bath, and relaxed, letting his tension melt into the steaming water.
 
Before long he heard a knock at the door.