Fushigi Yuugi Fan Fiction ❯ Flute and Willow ❯ Chapter 5

[ P - Pre-Teen ]
Warning: This is a yaoi, minna. If you are under 18 or offended by M/M relationships then run away NOW!!! Otherwise, by all means proceed.

Disclaimer: In no way shape or form do I own the characters so don't sue me.

Flute and Willow
A FY fic
By Sakura
Part 5

The quest for the shinzaho was a complete success. Not only did they get the shinzaho before the Seiryuu seishi, they also managed to all come back alive. Thanks to the timely appearance of Amiboshi. If the former Seiryuu seishi hadn't shown up when he did, Nuriko would have surely been killed by Ashitare on Mt. Black. Of course they had to go to Sairou for the other shinzaho, but that too was a piece of cake since they had the added help from Amiboshi.
The sandy haired boy proved to be extremely useful against Tomo's illusions and Miboshi's mind control spells. However, he hadn't planned on meeting his twin brother Suboshi so soon. After urgent pleading for him to come join him with his new friends, the younger Seiryuu seishi told his beloved brother that even though he loved him, there was someone he loved even more. He watched as his brother gave one last kiss goodbye and walk away, desperately fighting the tears pouring from his eyes.

*****

The violet haired man now stood next to his sandy haired lover as they and the other Suzaku seishi waited for the appearance of their miko. Once all eight of them had returned to Konan, Hotohori had made preparations for the summoning ceremony, after welcoming Amiboshi back and congratulating the others of course.
"You okay?" he asked when he noticed the boy's sad look.
"It's all right. I was just thinking about Shun-kun," Amiboshi replied.
"I know how hard it is not being able to see someone you love. Maybe he'll come to his senses and come back once Miaka seals Seiryuu."
"I hope you're right Nuri," he said.
A wolf whistle echoed through the temple as a girl dressed in extravagant red robes entered. "Watch it fang boy! That's MY Miaka you're gaping at," said a boy with blue-black hair. Blushing, Tasuki coughed then proceeded to flame his other best friend.
"Rekka Shinen!"
Amiboshi and Nuriko laughed as the flames died out leaving a rather crispy Tamahome. "Would you to stop it? This is serious business no da," said Chichiri wacking both seishi on the head before they went into another of their wrestling matches.
Smiling, Miaka went up to the altar, both shinzaho had been placed there earlier and now the Suzaku no Miko began to gather her chi as the blue haired monk had taught her. The other seishi around her fell silent and began to add their chi to hers.
Amiboshi politely stepped away from his lover since he wasn't to be part of the ceremony. 'Please let this work,' he silently prayed as he watched the others from a corner.
He still remembered what happened the last time they tried to summon the phoenix god when he was there.
Miaka's eyes snapped open and she began the chant that would call Suzaku. "The four directions of the sky, by using the way of the mind and goodness, please tell the protector of the south, Suzaku that now I will speak the words. From the sky to the earth, come to us physically through the for ultimates. Please rid every mind of evil. By using your godly powers, protect us. Only I wish, please listen to this. Please come down to us from the sky!"
The mark of Suzaku appeared on her forehead and began to glow bright red. Clouds darkened the sky above the shrine and a beam of bright red light shot from them, surrounding the girl and two shinzaho. The light flared and the seishi had to avert their eyes to keep from going blind. When Suzaku no Miko opened her eyes, she realized she
was somewhere else, surrounded by the same warm, red light that had brought her to the world of the Shi Jin Ten Chi Sho.
Before her stood a young man with spiky red hair and red feathered wings. The same red mark that had glowed on her forehead moments before was mirrored on his. "I am Suzaku Sei-kun," he said softly as not to frighten the girl. "Are you the miko who summoned me?"
Not knowing what to say to a god, Miaka just nodded. "I will now give you my power to use as you wish." He then vanished in a flash of red and another beam of light went into her chest, filling Suzaku no Miko with warmth and the god's power. "To use my power, say the word 'kaijin' when you are ready," she heard the god's voice say.
"Kaijin?" she repeated more to herself than to Suzaku. Then just as suddenly, the red light was gone and she was back standing in front of the altar. She turned and started down the steps of the dais when she stumbled.
"Miaka!" Tamahome, Hotohori, and Nuriko cried as the three seishi rushed toward their miko. The blue-black haired boy caught her before she even hit the floor.
"Are you all right?" the emperor asked, just as concerned as Tamahome.
"Yeah, I'm just a little tired," she replied.
"I guess summoning Suzaku took a lot out of her," Nuriko said helping Tamahome as he almost tripped himself over Miaka's robes.
"I'll take her back to her room," the younger seishi said leading his lover out of the shrine.
"Don't do anythin' I wouldn't!" Tasuki called, causing both miko and seishi to blush.
"Baka no da!" Chichiri said whapping the redhead with his staff.
"OW! That $%@&in' hurt, Chichiri!"

*****

The next day when Miaka felt better, she made her first wish, which was of course to seal Seiryuu. So now the dragon god was sealed into a scroll, which Taiitsu-kun had given Chiriko. Two days after the sealing of Seiryuu, Yui returned to Konan, accompanied by Suboshi.
Somehow, the sandy haired boy had convinced the formed Seiryuu no Miko that since Nakago could no longer use her, her life was in danger. He had begun to suspect the blond seishi shortly after the shinzaho incident in Hokkan.
Amiboshi was overjoyed that his twin brother now realized just how wrong the Kutou general was and embraced him wholeheartedly. Miaka taking the former Seiryuu seishi's cue, promptly glomped onto her best friend. Tamahome stood way back, still not willing to forgive Suboshi for the murder of his family.
"You okay, pal?" Tasuki asked coming up to his second best friend.
"Of course I'm not okay!" He yelled back, but not too loud so Miaka and the others couldn't hear. "As long as HE stays here, Yuiren and the others will never be able to rest in peace." Tears began to fall from the young seishi's eyes.
Placing a hand on his shoulder, Tasuki said, "Don't ya worry, Tama. I'm sure that brat won't be stayin'. And if he does, then I'm gonna make sure he don't stay long." The red haired seishi then took out his tessen and began to wave it around menacingly.
Nuriko then promptly punched the insensitive baka. "Tasuki! Geez sometimes you can be so insensitive. And you Tama-chan, get over it! I know Suboshi killed your family, but it's time you forgave him. It was Nakago who made him do it. So why don't you go blame him."
The two seishi stared agape at the violet haired seishi. Snorting, Tasuki left the throne room in search of a stiff drink. Tamahome on the other hand looked as if he'd been slapped in the face. "Figures you'd protect him Nuriko. After all you are sleeping with the bastard's twin brother!" He made to hit the older seishi, but changed his mind then ran out.
"Tamahome!" Miaka called after him, seeing her lover running away.
"Let him go no da," Chichiri said stopping her. "He needs time alone."
Both former Seiryuu seishi looked ashamed, both blaming themselves for what had happened. Yui came up to Suboshi and hugged him from behind. "It'll be all right, Suboshi-kun," she said. The blonde girl looked at Miaka.
"I'm sure Hotohori would forgive you, after all it wasn't your fault. Nakago tricked you."

Later that day, after some talking, Yui and Miaka said their good-byes as Suzaku no Miko got ready to make her second wish. "Matte!" Suboshi yelled, rushing into the miko's room. "Y-Yui-sama take me with you!"
"Suboshi!" both miko yelled.
"O-onegai! Yui-sama don't leave me here! I... I love you!"
"Suboshi," the blonde said stunned.
"All right then," Miaka said energetically. "I'll just change the wish a little."
"Miaka!" Yui blushed. "You can't be serious! He's just a person in a book."
Not paying attention, Suboshi grabbed the brown haired girl's hands. "Y-you'd do that for me? After all I've done?"
"Yep. You're Amiboshi's little brother, right?" The sandy haired boy nodded. "Well then, that means you're not a bad guy like Nakago so I guess it's all right to send you home with Yui-chan."
"M-Miaka!" Yui couldn't believe what her best friend was doing. Was she trying to hook her up with him?
"A-arigatou gozaimasu," the former Seiryuu seishi said bowing.
"You're welcome, Suboshi-kun." With that the miko gathered her chi and spoke, "Kaijin!"
"Wait, Miaka!" Yui cried, trying to stall her one more time.
'Sayonara, aniki,' Suboshi thought. He would have written a message on his arm, but he no longer had that ability since it was part of his power as a Seiryuu seishi.
"Send Yui-chan and Suboshi-kun back to my world!" The two were gone in a flash of bright red light.

In another part of the palace, Amiboshi heard someone whisper. "Sayonara, aniki." Turning around he saw he was alone. There was no one in the small courtyard.
"Shun-kun what have you done?!" he yelled when he suddenly felt a very important part of him suddenly ripped away.
Hearing his lover's shout, Nuriko ran over to see what was wrong. "Ami-chan! You okay? What happened?"
The sandy haired boy then through himself into the older seishi's arms and broke down. "Sh-Shun-kun's... h-he's... he's gone!" he said sobbing.
"It'll be all right, koi. Shh, it's okay. We'll find out what happened to him." With that, Nuriko gently lead his lover back into the palace.

*****

After explaining that his twin wished to follow Yui to her world, Amibohsi was inconsolable. His younger twin was the only other person he loved more than anything. Nuriko, however, managed somehow to get him to snap out of it and reminded that he wouldn't be alone.

Epilogue

The miko then left with her lover, Tamahome to join Yui and Suboshi in the real world. Tasuki had gone back to Mt. Leikaku, saddened at the loss of one of his best friends. Chichiri disappeared as well, but popped in every once in a while to check on the other seishi. Mitsukake remained at the royal capital as the only doctor in town. Chiriko became Hotohori's royal librarian. And the emperor himself married a woman who strangely looked EXACTLY like Nuriko.
As for the two lovers, Nuriko and Amiboshi both decided to leave Konan and go back to Sairou to live in the village where the elderly couple had first found the sandy haired boy.

"Kaika!" called his mother. "Ryuuen!"
"Oh no! Here she comes again!" he whispered to his violet haired 'wife' as they continued to work in the field.
"We can always get rid of her," he whispered back, "I'm still a Suzaku seishi you know."
"Don't you dare!"
"There you are! I brought you two lunch," the old woman said handing a small basket to her 'daughter'-in-law.
"Arigatou okaasan," he thanked her.
"Really kaasan you didn't have to," Kaika said trying not to sound annoyed. "We can take care of ourselves."
"I know that son, but Ryuuen-chan's got to eat some more, otherwise she'd never survive the birth of your children."
The violet haired man choked almost dropping the basket.
"Kaasan!" his sandy haired lover said, blushing from head to toe.
"It's been almost a year now since you two got married and you've yet to have any babies," she lamented.
"It's still early in our marriage kaasan. I'm sure you've have your grandchildren soon," Kaika said comforting the old woman. "Why don't you run along now, I bet otousan's getting hungry."
"Oh my goodness, you're right! Here I am chattering away and I haven't even given your father his lunch yet." She hurriedly gathered the vegetables, the two seishi had harvested and started back down the path to her house. "I'll see you again soon, Kaika, Ryuuen-chan. Don't be strangers," she called over her shoulder.
"We won't okaasan. And thanks for the food," called Nuriko before turning to his lover. "Ami-chan, why did you have to tell her that? Now she'll be bugging us more than ever!"
"You're the one who insisted on me telling her you were a woman," he retorted forlornly.
"I didn't want to break her heart, Ami-chan. I could tell just by looking at her how much she wants grandchildren."
"I know, but there's no way we could ever have children," the sandy haired boy said matter-of-factly.
"Well," the violet haired man said, a slight wistful tone in his voice, "we could always adopt, ne?"
"You too, Nuri-chan?" Kaika said with mock betrayal.
"It would be rather nice to have a little one around the house. It could be like when you raised, Su-" Nuriko stopped mentally kicking himself in the head. No matter how much he tried to hide it, the former Seiryuu seishi still missed his younger twin, who left the Shi Jin Ten Chi Sho to follow his beloved miko.
A sad smile appeared on his face as he remembered how he used to hold and comfort Suboshi when he'd been woken by one of his twin's nightmares. "Maybe you're right, Nuri," he said thinking it wouldn't be so bad after all to have a child to raise again.
"But we get to name him after Shun-kun all right?"
"Oh Ami-chan!" The Suzaku seishi glomped his lover and kissed him happily. "But I wanted to have a little girl like Kourin or Miaka," he said pouting slightly.
"We can have both, can't we?" he said embracing the violet haired man.
"Baka!" Nuriko slapped himself on the forehead, knocking himself onto the ground. "Oops," he said sheepishly, looking absolutely kawaii.
"Come on, let's have lunch," said Kaika as he helped his violet haired lover up.

~Owari~

Well, it's finally done! Not much of an ending, ne? But this is all I could do to get past my writer's block. Anyhoo, it's a little sad that I have to say goodbye to Ami and Nuri-chan for now. They're such a kawaii couple! (grabs a tissue ;_;) Also I KNOW it's impossible for a seishi to follow his miko into her world, but that's the beauty of fanfiction. You can make anything you want to happen. Until next time FY fans. Ja ne!