Fushigi Yuugi Fan Fiction ❯ Fushigi Yugi: The Priestess of Judgement ❯ Prolouge:The first Legend ( Prologue )

[ P - Pre-Teen ]

Fushigi Yugi: "The Priestess of Judgment"

 

Prolouge

 

"This tale begins long before the girl opened the book that was a spell. Before the time that it began to create it's priestesses for the purpose of the three wishes, and before it spun it's tale of spite and angst. It begins before the system of the priestesses…when the gods Genbu: the turtle of the North, Byakko: the tiger of the west, Seiryu, the Dragon of the east, and Suzaku, phoenix of the south were first born. Their beginnings did not seem as peaceful as one would deem it to be.

Constantly at each other's throats, the battle was a constant struggle to see who was the strongest of the four. None conceded, and continued to battle. Finally, Taitskun, an elderly woman of great power, came to the gods with a solution. Each of them could give their representing kingdoms the ability to have a priestess and seven warriors of supernatural power. The priestess would have to come from another world, and be pure in body and spirit as well as mind. The seven warriors would protect her as she gathered them together, and the combined power of these beings could summon the gods forth to couple with the young woman, thus granting her their power unto her to be able to wish for anything they desired three times, but three times only. In order to do this, however, they needed to create a seal or a gateway to this other world. Combining their powers, they created the Universe of the four gods, and the four scrolls sent to each of the kingdoms once the power became ready to accept the first to bring fortune to its lands.

In the end, the priestess who roamed the lands at the time of this suggestion, would determined who was the greatest of the four as all four lands went through their times. This priestess was powerful at this time, and listened to the gods request. She nodded acquiescing to their will and accepting the power they had to bestow upon her. Her job was simple. She would judge the best out of the four and grant the winning the power to have a wish granted one each per person.

As she began to be filled with the power, the gods realized that there had to be a way to summon this young woman. Her seven warriors at the time rose to the challenge. All but one changed into the weapon's they harnessed with great skill. These became known as the first Shinzaho, and were only in tune with the Priestess they protected. The final warrior, a young woman known as Tamahori, chose to remain from being changed, inorder to be reborn and able to protect her priestess once the time came again. So, as Tamahori fell asleep, and the items of power were scattered to the winds, the young priestess began to open her eyes. She was changed, her hair red and her eyes of a golden hue. Looking up, she knew it was time for her slumber, as the power within her began to sleep, waiting for the first of the priestesses to appear and begin their cycle. She was meant to judge every four of each round of priestesses. That was her lot in life after that point on. The gods gave her the title, The Priestess of Judgement.

~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~