Fushigi Yuugi Fan Fiction ❯ I'm Always Here for You ❯ Engagement ( Chapter 2 )

[ P - Pre-Teen ]

Chapter Two
 
xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
 
“I-I don't understand…what's happening?” Miaka asked.
 
“Come on, it's just a friendly kiss, Miaka. Why? Do you think it's more?” Yui replied.
 
“Taka, how come you haven't spoken anything yet?” Keisuke asked Taka.
 
“Oh, well perhaps I don't have anything to say,” Taka said.
 
“Not even some `I miss you so much' or hugs and kisses?” Miaka thought.
 
The doorbell rang again. This time, it was their mother who came in.
 
“Taka, I see you've already come back from abroad. I suppose you already have a better living because you have the nerve to go back here,” Miaka's mother said.
 
“Yes, he has. It's even more than expected,” Yui replied for Taka.
 
“I'll prepare some food,” Miaka said.
 
“I'll be the one to do that. You have to entertain your visitors,” her mother said.
 
“Yui and I will help you mom,” Keisuke said while winking at Yui and Taka.
 
“Yui, stay here,” Taka requested.
 
“I'll help them first then I'll come back,” Yui said then she kissed Taka's forehead.
 
“What's that for? I can't believe this is happening! How come they're showing an incredible sweetness in front of me? Something's really wrong…” Miaka told herself.
 
“Now's my chance,” Miaka thought, “I have to ask him what's happening,” then she sat beside Taka. “Um, Taka, why haven't you spoken a thing about your life there in abroad?” Miaka began.
 
“I don't think you'll be interested, that's all,” he said as he moved a little away from Miaka.
 
Miaka moved toward Taka again, “How come you and Yui are showing some incredible sweetness in front of me? Miaka asked.
 
Taka moved to the end of the sofa and replied, “Why do you have so many questions? Who are you anyway to ask me about those things?” he replied harshly.
 
“Well I'm just your girlfriend so I have the authority to ask those questions,” Miaka said a little louder.
 
“I'm out of here,” Taka said, “Yui, let's go,” he added as he held Yui's hand.
 
“Bye Miaka!” Yui bade goodbye as she and Taka went out.
 
“Wait!” Miaka shouted but Taka won't even look back.
 
“There's really something wrong, right?” Keisuke whispered to Miaka.
 
Miaka just stared at him then sat down on the sofa and stared blankly at the food in front of her, “I have to find out what happened… when he and Yui were abroad…” she told herself.
 
A week had passed and things got worse. They haven't seen Taka and Yui.
 
“He's trying to ignore me…or even forget me…” Miaka told herself sadly.
 
Suddenly, Tetsuya came running while holding a white sheet of paper. “Hi!” he greeted Keisuke and Miaka, “I understand now why Taka is avoiding you,” he said while smiling.
 
“Why? He wants to break up with me? Come on, it's too obvious,” Miaka said sadly.
 
“Nope, it's actually the other way around,” Tetsuya seems too excited now.
 
“What's up?” Keisuke asked.
 
“Here. See for yourself,” Tetsuya said as he handed Keisuke the paper.
 
“You are cordially invited in the Most Elegant and Most Romantic Engagement of the Year. It will be held in El Grande hotel, the most expensive and most elegant hotel in Japan. If Mr. Taka Sukunami is the prince, who will be his princess? Find out on this coming Sunday at 7:00 pm,” Keisuke read it aloud.
 
“You mean he wants to surprise me? And that I'm the princess described here?” Miaka exclaimed.
 
“Exactly,” Tetsuya said.
 
“I can't wait for Sunday!” Miaka screamed in delight.
 
“Miaka, that's three days from now,” Keisuke told his sister.
 
The next day, Keisuke, Tetsuya and Miaka decided to go and do some barhopping. They first went to the nearest and cheapest until they reached the most expensive and the newest.
 
“Get Mesmerized, Have Fun,” Keisuke read the name of the newest bar in town.
 
“Would you want to enter?” Keisuke asked his companions.
 
“Sure!” his pals answered happily.
 
“May I have your order, please,” the bar tender asked.
 
“Vodka, Whiskey and orange juice, please,” Keisuke replied.
 
“A moment please,” the bar tender said.
 
“Up to now Miaka still doesn't drink, huh?” Tetsuya told Keisuke.
 
“Yeah, she may look adult now, but she has the mind of a child. In short, childish,” Keisuke said.
 
“Yah fine, I don't drink. Anyway, I don't believe you'll get something good from drinking some alcoholic liquor,” Miaka defended herself. “I can't wait until Sunday, two days seems like forever,” Miaka thought excitedly.
 
When Miaka woke up the next day, she opened all the windows in her room and felt the sunshine shining over her face. Then she started singing “One day to go…I'll be engaged…to my one and only love…ohh…” she even danced while singing.
 
“What in the world is that horrible sound?” her brother exclaimed as he went upstairs to Miaka's room.
 
“Don't you think it's a wonderful day?” Miaka asked.
 
“You're insane,” her brother said.
 
Miaka didn't seem to listen because she sang her song once more but this time, she danced with her brother. “One day…at last…you and I will be together…forever,” she thought.
 
On Sunday, everybody came; the Yuuki family, Tetsuya and the other friends of the Yuuki's, the Sukunami family, and even Yui's relatives.
 
“I'm so excited,” Miaka thought.
 
She's dressed in an elegant gown, which her mother specially bought for her. She waited in the antechamber of the hotel located at the first floor.
 
“A couple of minutes before 7:00!” a servant yelled. Miaka's heart is beating fast, so fast she felt like it will jump out of her chest.
 
“A minute to go!” the same servant yelled again. All the servants are preparing as fast as they could; checking everything.
 
“Now, may I have your attention please, everyone,” the host began, “here's Mr. Taka Sukunami to announce who the mysterious and the lucky girl to whom he will get engaged,” the host said then everyone gave a resounding applause.
 
“Oh God! Help me!” Miaka's so nervous now; she can't even move an inch. Taka came down from the stairs and then stopped at the landing. “This is it! There's no turning back right now,” Miaka tried to bring out some confidence in her.
 
“I, Taka Sukunami, am here to say to you, with all pride, who my princess will be,” Taka began. Miaka thought this is the right time to step up and hug Taka to show how happy she is for the elegant engagement he had prepared for her. As she was stepping on the first step up, Taka began talking again. “My princess is,” Taka said,
 
“Oh my! He's going to say my name in front of so many people,” Miaka thought.
 
“Is Miss Yui Hongo!” he said loudly and everyone stared in astonishment as Yui went down the stairs.
 
Xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxX
 
There it is! Better/ Worse? Please Read/Review!
 
************************************************************** ************************************************************