Fushigi Yuugi Fan Fiction ❯ ShiJinTenChiSho ❯ ShiJinTenChiSho ( Chapter 1 )

[ A - All Readers ]

ShiJinTenChiSho
By: Shiruri no Hime
Chapter one: Creation Myth
 
Nu Kwa, a mythical empress of china, was reputed to have become a goddess after she had passed to the celestial regions. When the demons of water and fire, aided by rebel generals of her empire, set out to destroy the world, Nu Kwa waged war against them.
 
Her campaign was successful, but not until a gigantic warrior had partly destroyed the heavens by upsetting one of its pillars and the flood had covered a great portion of the earth. The empress stemmed the rising waters by means of charred reeds, and afterwards rebuilt the broken pillar.
 
There after she created the guardians of the four quarters, placing the Black Tortoise in the north, and giving it control over the winter; the Blue Dragon in the east, who was given control over spring; the White Tiger in the west, who was given control over autumn; and the Red Bird in the south, who was given control over summer, with the Gold Dragon, whose special duty was to guard the sun, the moon being protected by the White Deity of the west. The broken pillar of heaven was built up with stones colored like the five gods.
 
Chapter two: Celestial Emblems
 
The Four Directions, East, South, West and North, represent the four seasons, spring, summer, autumn and Winter. Together with the Centre, which in Chinese is synonymous with china itself, they form the five cardinal points. The Four Directions have been represented at least since the second century BC, by four celestial animals, the Dragon for the East, the Bird for the South, the Tiger for the West and the Tortoise for the North.
 
Each animal has its own color: the Dragon is the Green of Spring; the Bird is the red of Fire, the Tiger of Autumn the glittering white of metal, and the Tortoise, Black for night or water.
 
The four celestial animals, which have no connection with the twelve animals of the Chinese zodiac, are also the names of the four divisions of the sky.
 
The Dragon's Heart, the Pleiades, and the Bird Star are the names of the three of the lunar mansions which marked the Central position of the Dragon, Tiger and Bird.
 
As there was no identifying star at the centre of the Black Tortoise, the appropriate place (The Eleventh Mansion) was called Void.
 
 
*Author's Note: sorry about putting both chapters together and sorry for not writing in so long I had a lot of school work I had to do and I couldn't find the time to submit anything this is just an informational fic of Fushigi Yuugi with how the gods were created sorry for making this so boring I'll do better next time*