Fushigi Yuugi Fan Fiction ❯ Wheel Of Destiny ❯ For The One I Love ( Chapter 5 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

Wheel Of Destiny
 
Disclaimer: Suzaku Seven and Seiryuu Seven are not mine. Though the new mikos are mine.
 
 
Chapter 11
 
Kyouka stand in front of Suzaku shrine. She looks hesitate to come in or not.
 
“What are you doing here?” Tasuki asks with a harsh tone.
 
Kyouka looks at Tasuki. “No, nothing. I'm just wondering…”
 
Tasuki is eyeing her in suspicious. It is obvious that he doesn't trust her.
 
Kyouka felt uncomfortable around Tasuki. “I-I should just go…” She said and quickly turns around to leave. `What's up with that guy? He looks like he wants to kill me or something…'
 
Kyouka doesn't notice where she had walk and bump into Chiriko.
 
“Ah, Kikyou-san…” Chiriko greets her with a smile.
 
Kyouka blush.
 
“What is it? Why your face is so red? Did you catch a fever?”
 
“No. I'm fine. Just a little embarrasses.”
 
“Why?”
 
“About last night. I'm sorry that you see me in that condition. It felt wrong that I burden you with…”
 
“You're not a burden, Kikyou-san. Don't worry about it.”
 
“But I still just felt embarrasses…”
 
“If you kept saying that, you will make feel embarrasses too, you know?”
 
Kyouka smiles. “I'm sorry. Ugh, I did it again. I should just say thanks instead, shouldn't I?”
 
“Hey, nothing too worries about. It is just natural to help each other out…”
 
“Even if it is someone that you barely know?”
 
“Even if it is…”
 
Kyouka's eyes softened. “You're a good person, Amiboshi-san…”
 
Chiriko freaks. “What did you just say?”
 
“What?” Kyouka looks confuse.
 
“What did you just call me? Did you just call me Amiboshi?”
 
“Did I? I didn't realize…” Kyouka said. “Who is Amiboshi anyway?”
 
“I don't know, you tell me…” Chiriko aka Amiboshi looks troubled at the fact that the girl has mention his real name. `Has my cover been blown? I should report this to Nakago…'
 
“I don't know either. It sort of slip out of my tongue just like that… Weird…” Kyouka muttered. “Perhaps it is a name of a friend in my past?”
 
&&&
 
Kutou Palace
 
Suboshi had just reported what his twin wrote to Yui and Nakago. They looks troubled at the fact another girl from the other world has arrived in Konan.
 
“Another girl from my world?” Yui asks. “Interesting. I wish to see her someday…”
 
“Do you want to capture her?” Nakago asks.
 
“No. Just investigate her some more. I will decide later…” Yui said.
 
“You heard the miko…” Nakago replies to the young boy kneeled before them.
 
“I understand.” Suboshi said.
 
&&&
 
“Suboshi.” Nakago stops the young seishi on the corridor.
 
“Yes, Nakago-sama?” Suboshi bows.
 
“Order your brother to eliminate the girl if she would become possible threat in the future.”
 
“But Yui-sama says…”
 
“You just listen to my order!”
 
“Alright…” Suboshi watched as Nakago strolled away. “Che, what a hateful guy…”
 
 
Chapter 12
 
The next day is another beautiful day in Konan Palace.
 
Kyouka and Chiriko are at the gazebo. Kyouka is reading a book she borrows from Miaka while Chiriko plays his flute as usual.
 
Chiriko secretly observed the girl before him. He just had gotten a message from Nakago that order him to keep an eye on the girl and if she proves to be a threat, he should eliminate her.
 
Suddenly Miaka comes toward them followed by Tama the cat.
 
“Kikyou-chan! Kikyou-chan!” Miaka called out.
 
Kyouka looks up from her book. “Ah, Miaka-san…”
 
“Listen! Listen! I heard a rumor from the maids that today in the city there would be a two-three days bazaar! We should go and check it out!” Miaka said.
 
“Sound like fun…” Kyouka admits. “Do you want to go with us, Chiriko-san?”
 
“Err, no, I will pass…” Chiriko says. “I wants to go to the clinic and see Mitsukake-san if he needs some assistance.”
 
“We should ask Nuriko to go with us. I'm sure he wouldn't be able to resist.” Miaka says.
 
“Well where is he then?” Kyouka asks.
 
“That's the thing. I can't seem to find him…” Miaka sighs.
 
Kyouka smile. “I will help you go look for him…”
 
“Ok, meet me in the gate. I also want to ask Tamahome if he wants to go with us…” Miaka says as she dash to search.
 
&&&
 
Kyouka walks past a room in one of the corridor in the palace and is surprise to hear somebody was talking about her. It was Chichiri's room.
 
“I still don't think we should trust the girl. Somehow she gave me these weird feeling…” Tasuki said.
 
“Weird feeling? Maybe you have a feeling for her…but you don't recognize your own feeling, seeing as that you keep claiming you hate women…” Nuriko teased.
 
“Shut up!” Tasuki snapped. “I don't like her like that. Doesn't anyone feeling what I'm feeling? It's like a bad omen or something…”
 
“Chichiri, have you contacting Taiitsukun about the girl?” Hotohori asked.
 
“I have no da. But somehow she doesn't reply to me summoning her. It's like something is going on in Mt. Taikyoku…” Chichiri said.
 
“So you are saying we don't know anything about the girl aside that she's from Miaka's world?” Hotohori asked.
 
Chichiri nods.
 
Nuriko sighs. “I don't think we need to worry much about her. She is after all from Miaka's world right? She can't be evil.”
 
“If what she claims is true…” Tasuki adds.
 
“And let's not forget the way she appeared in front of us before…” Hotohori said.
 
“Yeah, she suddenly appears in Suzaku shrine with blood all over her. That's weird. Could it be she is faking herself of losing her memories?” Nuriko asked.
 
“For what purpose she did that?” Chichiri asked. “Frankly I didn't sense any evil from her…and I don't think she is faking herself…”
 
“Well, she is maybe a good actress but no fooling me…” Tasuki said.
 
Outside, Kyouka felt tears streaming down her cheeks. `They don't believe me. They think I'm the enemy…'
 
Inside, Chichiri had just noticed Kyouka's life force. He opens the door and saw the girl stand up in front of the door with tears streaming down her cheeks. She looks so pitiful.
 
“Kikyou-san…?” Chichiri trailed. He felt guilty seeing her cry like that.
 
“You! You eavesdrop at our conversation!” Tasuki yells angrily.
 
Kyouka glares at Tasuki that surprisingly makes him shut up.
 
“Err, Kikyou-chan…” Nuriko walks forward. “It just… We just…”
 
“I was asked by Miaka-chan to go look for you, Nuriko-san. She wants to take us out to the bazaar in the city…” Kyouka explained as she wipes her tears. She then turns to left.
 
“Kikyou-san, wait!” Chichiri called out.
 
Kyouka refuses to listen, she run out quickly.
 
Chichiri and Nuriko decided to come after her but they couldn't find her everywhere.
 
Nuriko decided to inform Miaka about the situation while Chichiri continues his search.
 
Soon Miaka, Tamahome, Nuriko and Chiriko set out to search the palace for Kyouka. Tasuki refused to help but Miaka's glare scares him so he forced himself to help.
 
Raining starts to drop furiously from the sky above and yet they still couldn't find her.
 
Chichiri tries to sense for Kyouka's life force but it is alarmingly weak. He starts to panic, thinking something must be happening to her. He tries to locate for her weak life force, which eventually lead him to one of so many gardens in the palace.
 
Kyouka hides herself in a fake cave-like reef. It has a small entrance that allows her to hide from people's sight. She is surprised at the familiar of deja vu she keeps receiving in that small place like she has been there before today…
 
Kyouka sing, more like whisper, a song that suddenly just pop up in her mind. She sang it without thinking.
 
She sang: Through a forest of thorns, we've come walking.
For the rose to which our hearts seek.
Protect the love, which lives nobly,
And cultivate the dreams of fleeting flowers.
"Tomorrow Will Be a Better day", I whisper many times,
And rain upon you, today's last prayer.
 
 
Chichiri, who had found her hiding place, secretly listening to her soft, slightly tremor voice tentatively.
 
Kyouka stops singing and sobs. She hears the rustle of the grass and gasps.
 
“Kikyou-san…” Chichiri called out.
 
Flashback
 
“Kyouka-chan…” Chichiri called out. “Please come out of there…”
 
End Flashback
 
Kyouka gasps again. `What was that…?'
 
“Kikyou-san, please come out from there… We need to talk…” Chichiri says.
 
“Go away…” Kyouka says.
 
“I can't, not before I talk to you…”
 
“What do you want?”
 
“Please come out first.”
 
“I don't want to…” Kyouka says childishly.
 
If the situation had been different, Chichiri would probably chuckle and tries to use a trick like one would do to a kid to get her out of here but he realized that is not the case.
 
“How did you find such a strategic place to hide anyway?” Chichiri asks. “I can't squeeze myself inside…”
 
Kyouka doesn't answer. “Please just leave me alone…”
 
“I can't…”
 
“Why? I thought you and your friends doesn't believe me…”
 
“I believe you…”
 
“Liar!”
 
“I'm not…” Chichiri says. “Kikyou-san…”
 
“That's not my name…” Kyouka says.
 
“I know.”
 
“For all you know, I could be the enemy right? Why should you care for me?”
 
“I didn't think that of you…”
 
“Well, obviously the others did, especially that Tasuki…”
 
“You've to forgive him. He's rude, I know, but he's actually a good guy. And everyone is just a bit twitchy because of Seiryuu warriors and of summoning Suzaku. We just don't want to screw up…”
 
“If I'm such a bother, why should you guys put up with me? Why don't just throw me into jail or outside the palace? Why pretending to be civil with me? Does Miaka think of me as a threat too?”
 
“Miaka-chan doesn't know that the others have `some concern' regarding you… She truly wants to be your friend no da…”
 
Kyouka sniffs.
 
“I do too you know…” Chichiri added.
 
“Really?”
 
“Really.”
 
Slowly, Kyouka get out of the cave-like reef.
 
“Welcome backs no da…” Chichiri smiles softly as he walks closer to her and shielding her from the rain using his kasha.
 
“Chichiri-san…”
 
For a moment the two standing in the rain, staring at each other.
 
&&&
 
Miaka is having a tantrum. She can't believe that her friends doubting her other friend. Tamahome and Nuriko try to calm her down.
 
Tasuki is bad-mouthing Kyouka. Again the silent glare from Miaka is enough to shut him up for real.
 
Hotohori feel guilty because he was the one who summoned the seishi to discuss about Kyouka. He orders some more soldiers to go search outside the palace to retrieve Kyouka just in case the girl had gone out of the palace.
 
Mitsukake and Chiriko didn't say anything though Chiriko looks quite lost in his own mind.
 
At this point, they all saw Chichiri and Kyouka walking slowly toward them. Both are soaked wet.
 
Miaka rushed to Kyouka and hugs her. “Thanks, God, Chichiri found you! I'm really worried…”
 
Kyouka smile a little and return the hug. She then looks at everyone and bows. “I'm sorry to make such a commotion…”
 
“No, we're the one with the blame here…” Hotohori said. “We shouldn't be suspect you who clearly doesn't have any ill intentions…”
 
“No, Your Highness. You have every right to suspect me. People in the right mind would do just that when a stranger shows up on their door.” Kyouka said.
 
Chiriko stiffed uneasily at hearing Kyouka's words.
 
Nuriko sighs and smile. “Well done, Chichiri. Where did you find the little miss anyway?”
 
“I would prefer not to tell that…” Chichiri said.
 
“Why?” Nuriko asked.
 
“Because it's a promise…” Chichiri said as he eyeing Kyouka who is lead by Miaka to get back to her room.
 
&&&
 
“I apologize on everyone's behalf for making you cry, Kikyou-chan…” Miaka said as they entered Kyouka's room.
 
“No, it's not they fault. Sure, it's hurt to be suspected but I guess after enough thinking, it's understandable…” Kyouka answered.
 
“Really?”
 
“After all you guys were bestowed with important task to save the country from calamity so…”
 
“I see. I never think it as important task. I just feel it's just the right thing to do…” Miaka said.
 
“Maybe you should be careful too, Miaka-san…”
 
“What do you mean?”
 
“What if Tasuki-san's right? What if I am your enemy?”
 
“Stop it with the enemy thing! I think I just have enough of friend become enemy stuff! I have Yui-chan to worry about. I can't worry about you too. You…you're my friend!” Miaka said as she grabs both Kyouka's hand.
 
“You're too carefree, Miaka-san…” Kyouka smile. Somehow she felt a nagging feeling like she should warns the miko about something but she couldn't quite put a finger on it. “Maybe that's why everyone is likely to like you…”
 
“I'm quite friendly…” Miaka said.
 
Kyouka giggle. Soon the two laughs together.
 
 
 
Chapter 13
 
 
Kyouka walks down the corridor near the garden and saw Miaka with a few young maids. Curious of what the perky miko is up to this time, Kyouka made her way toward them.
 
When Miaka saw Kyouka, she smiles and motions her to come. “Come, Kikyou-chan! Let's learn a song!”
 
“A song?” Kyouka asks.
 
“Yeah, it is a love song that the girls in Konan usually sang.” Miaka says.
 
The two maids nod to confirm what Miaka says.
 
“Why do you want to learn it?” Kyouka asks.
 
Miaka blush.
 
It's pretty much answer Kyouka's question. “I see.” Kyouka smirks. “You want to sing for Tamahome-san…”
 
Miaka squeaks as she punch playfully at Kyouka.
 
The maids sweatdrop.
 
Kyouka sighs. “So sing… Let me hear it…”
 
Miaka took a deep breath and start to sing.
 
She sangs: Fly high!  Suzaku miracle la
 
The legend begins to move 
the real me blossoms 
("I love you" echoes) 
Guided by you 
(spirits awaken) 
another world begins to shine
For the one I love 
what can I do? 
There's no dream that won't come true! 
I truly believe
 
It's between heaven and earth 
Intense in different adventures 
(smile and say "hello") 
Watched over and protected by you 
(love is the shining constellations) 
I remember another miracle
Once in a lifetime meeting 
keeping it within your soul 
I think love is something 
that will always save us
For the one I love 
what can I do? 
There's no dream that won't come true! 
I truly believe 
(open into infinity Fushigi Yuugi)
 
Miaka stops singing and looks at the maids. “Have I gotten it right?”
 
The maids nod. “Miko-sama is a fast learner!!” they said.
 
Miaka laughs. “Only if it is something that I like… Thanks for teaching me, maids-san…”
 
The maids bows and hurriedly left the girls apparently they are not comfortable around such an important person like Miaka. Probably afraid they would say something wrong in front of her.
 
Miaka turns to Kyouka. “How is it? Do you think it's good?”
 
“Yes…” Kyouka says as she smiles weakly.
 
“Tonight Tamahome and I are planning for a romantic date under the moonlight. And then I will sang for him as a surprise.” Miaka reveals her plan with such a dreamy eyes.
 
Kyouka chuckle. “Nice…”
 
“Which is why today we are going out to the bazaar…”
 
“We are?”
 
“Yeah, I want to give some present for everyone…” Miaka says sweetly. “You will come with me right? It's going to be fun!”
 
“Yeah, well, I guess it's about time I see around outside the palace huh?” Kyouka agreed.
 
“Well, what are you waiting for?”
 
The girls quickly changed their clothes with something more simple and not too attractive so that they won't get anyone attention. Miaka wears green/pink traditional dress and her hair was tied into a chignon. Kyouka wears pale yellow/black dress and her hair was tied into two buns.
 
Giggling, the two girls walk together hand in hand to Hotohori's chamber to ask permission to left the palace.
 
The handsome emperor is worried for the girls' safety should they go alone so he summoned Nuriko to accompany the girls.
 
Kyouka looks a bit down. She thinks Hotohori is still doesn't trust her after all. Hotohori, as if knowing Kyouka's thought, explain his real concern is their safety, nothing of sort suspecting Kyouka.
 
In the end, the girls, accompanied by Nuriko, went to the bazaar and having lots of fun…for a while.
 
&&&
 
“What fun…” Miaka says, as she jump up and down like kids would do when they are excited.
 
Nuriko and Kyouka smiles as they observe the perky girl.
 
Nuriko helps Miaka choose gifts for their fellow seishi leaving Kyouka unattended.
 
Miaka and Nuriko are suddenly were surprised by the sudden attack of arrows upon them.
 
Nuriko instantly recognized Kutou's arrows. `What the hell they are doing here?'
 
The Kutou men obviously are targeting Miaka and Nuriko as well as adverting their attention for their other comrade to capture Kyouka. In doing so, they don't seem to care to hurt or kill innocent bystanders.
 
“Miaka, watch out!” Nuriko dove to push Miaka out of harm when he senses the enemies' attack.
 
Miaka screams.
 
The people in the bazaar start to panic with the sudden turn of events.
 
Nuriko easily is able to defeat his attacker. Just then he remember that he didn't see Kyouka. “Miaka, where is Kikyou?”
 
“Eh?”
 
They exchanged a look in fear of what happen to their silent companion. At the time they hear a woman scream.
 
“M-monster!!”
 
Nuriko and Miaka rush toward the source, praying that Kyouka is safe.
 
&&&
 
Kyouka wander alone the street. She saw an alley that lead to a small river. She saw a little girl is playing ball. Smiling, Kyouka walks toward the little girl. Just as she is about to open her mouth to greet the little girl, she disappears, leaving only the ball.
 
Kyouka looks shock. “What…?”
 
Suddenly a man come from behind her and says, “You…are the other girl who appears in the palace right?”
 
Kyouka twirled to see who he is.
 
The man smirks evilly. “I have come to pick you up…”
 
“Pick me up?”
 
“Come quietly with me and we won't hurt you…”
 
“We?”
 
The man rolled his eyes and reach to grab her.
 
Kyouka steps back. “Stay away or I will…scream…”
 
The man laughs. “Feel free. If someone come, I will simply just kill him…”
 
Kyouka tries to back off but she is already reaching the river edge.
 
“So? What are you going to do?” The man mocks.
 
“W-where are you planning to take me?”
 
“You will know when we arrive… Now, come…”
 
“I…”
 
Suddenly a burst of tentacle-like appears from the ball left by the little girl earlier and it goes to pierce the man's heart.
 
Kyouka yelps as the tentacle-like wraps itself around her leg and waist. She screams in fear, pain and disgust.
 
A woman who happens to choose the moment to pass by sees what happening and also screams. The tentacle-like also kills the woman, silencing her scream.
 
Kyouka wonder why the tentacle-like doesn't pierce her like the others instead putting her in such torture. She closes her eyes as she felt her blood slowly drained from her.
 
&&&
 
Gakathei laughs. “Looks like Ten did good.” He looks at Kyouka's contorted face from the mirror. “Suffer more, Suzaku no Miko!”
 
&&&
 
Kyouka's eyes snapped open suddenly. “Gakathei!!”
 
&&&
 
Gakathei looks surprise. “What the…? Is she regaining her memories back?”
 
&&&
 
Suzaku's symbol appeared in Kyouka's forehead as a burst of red electrical flow from Kyouka's body toward the tentacle-like and the ball. The ball breaks and reveals the most gruesome creature. It looks like in pain because of the small electrical summoned by Kyouka. It let go of Kyouka's body.
 
Kyouka fell down on the grass as she looks at the creature. One of her hair bun got loose and falls to the side of her face. For a while, she looks confuse as if she is just awaken from a long sleep.
 
The creature yelps and starts to attack Kyouka with full force.
 
Enter Chichiri who appears out of nowhere. He quickly defends Kyouka from the creature. Apparently he senses that Miaka and the others are in danger as well as the monster's evil chi and teleport to them to help.
 
Chichiri chants a spell and temporarily paralyzing the creature. He turns to Kyouka. “Are you alright?” He noticed that she had lots of wound. “We need to get you to Mitsukake!”
 
“Chichiri…” Kyouka whispers in disbelieve. She clutches her chest in pain. “Watch out!” She warns the monk as his spell wear off and the creature lung to attack.
 
Chichiri use his monk cane to put up barrier in front of them.
 
Nuriko and Miaka arrived at the scene. “Chichiri! Kikyou!”
 
The creature, having realize that it can't have its way with Chichiri and Kyouka, decided to attack the newcomer.
 
Miaka screams in fear.
 
Nuriko step in between Miaka and the creature. He grabs the creature body despite its tentacle wraps around his wrist to shoulder. He winced in pain.
 
Chichiri move to help Nuriko. For quite sometime, Chichiri and Nuriko joined to defeat the troublesome monster.
 
Miaka stand still in shock, too afraid to move.
 
Kyouka sat still in shock but not the same reason as Miaka. “I…remember…”
 
&&&
 
Across the river, we see the little girl from before. She materialized into a young woman. She laughs evilly. “Gakathei-sama would be very proud of me…”
 
“Ten, attack the Suzaku No Miko! Now! Before she regain her memories fully!” come Gakathei's telepathic message.
 
Ten nods.
 
&&&
 
Kyouka looks at her hand. “I remember…everything… I…my name is…”
 
Without warning, the creature flew past the other and goes straight to Kyouka.
 
“Kikyou, get away from there!” Nuriko warns.
 
Kyouka is too overwhelmed by her sudden returning of memories that she becomes completely obvious of her surrounding.
 
Chichiri use his full magic and destroy the creature for good before it can crush Kyouka.
 
Everyone sighs in relieve. They go rush toward Kyouka.
 
“What is the matter with you?” Nuriko demand angrily. “You could have died if it's not for Chichiri's spell…”
 
“Kikyou-chan, are you alright? You're hurt!” Miaka said.
 
“We should get her to Mitsukake. I think she is in shock…” Chichiri said.
 
“Kikyou-chan?” Miaka called out.
 
“My name…is not Kikyou… My name is Kyouka…” responded Kyouka.
 
“You… Have you regained your memories?” Miaka asked.
 
Chichiri and Nuriko exchanged a glance.
 
Kyouka look up finally. Tears streaming down her face. “I remember…”
 
Everyone is taken aback at her look of pain and sorrow.
 
“…everything…” adds Kyouka with unmistakable bitterness in her voice. “I remember…”
 
Miaka, Nuriko and Chichiri don't know what they have to say to comfort the girl.