Fushigi Yuugi Fan Fiction ❯ Why Taka ❯ Reunited ( Chapter 5 )

[ P - Pre-Teen ]

Thanks TsukiYasha for editing it. She has always been a good friend, and always will be. :hug: Without her I don't know what I would do with this thing I call a "life" -_-

A lil note/ reminder: The time between both worlds is the same. It would be more difficult to write if they where different. 0_0


Disclaimer- I don't own FY. I wish I did. ^_^

Chapter 5- Reunited


"Where did Chichiri go, Hotohori?" Asked Nuriko running into Hotohori in the hall between Miaka and Hotohori's room.

" He is on his way to see Taits-Kun." He answered, " He is bringing Chiriko and Mitsukake here." At the mention of the names, Nuriko's eyes lit up. It was going to be fun having all his friends back.

~ If only Tama-kins wasn't such a jerk, we would all be together again.~ Thought Nuriko.

" I see. By the way, Miaka isn't doing so well. She refuses to speak with anyone, " Nuriko sighed and out his head down," she feels responsible for Tasuki's injuries. I tried telling her she had nothing to do with it, but it doesn't seem to work. I feel so bad that I can do nothing for her" Nuriko said putting his hand on Hotohori's shoulder.


******************************************

"Taits -Kun. I am sorry for the sudden arrival. There was quite an event yesterday, ya know. We need-" Taits-kun held up her hand to silence Chichiri.

"I know why you are here and I am well aware that you need Mitsukake and Chiriko. That is the reason why I have them for you" Said The Creator. Taits-Kun waved her hand at the small Nyan-Nyan that was dancing and singing a crude song about how ugly Taits-Kun's face was. Nyan-Nyan dodged the foot of Taits-kun and floated off into a room giggling and humming the song.

A few moments later, Chiriko and Mitsukake came out of the room followed by Nyan-Nyan in a pink bubble.

"CHIRICHI!!!" yelled Chiriko when he caught sight of his fellow warrior and ran over to him pulling Mitsukake along with him. Tama, Mitsukake's cat jumped on the back of his owner and was flung over to Chichiri because of Chiriko's constant yanking of Mitsukake's robe. Tama was scared and dug his claws into Mitsukake's back as Chiriko gave a strong pull and caused Tama to fly forward and land terrified on Chichiri.

"How are you guys, ya know?!" he replied stroking Tama, who still held on for life.

"We were in a distant village when Suzaku appeared and brought us here. We saw Taits-kun right away and she let us know what happened with Miaka and Tamahome." Said Chiriko. "How is Miaka doing?"

Chichiri told about the night before and how Miaka is blaming herself for Tasuki's condition and is refusing to eat or see anyone.

"Miaka not eating. That must be really bad." Said Chiriko. "We must go right away"


Chichiri looked at Taits-kun, who nodded and started casting a spell to transport them to Konan. All three of them were surrounded with a red deep flame that swallowed them. The harmless flames of Suzaku licked at their bodies as they moved quickly through the redness.

******************************************

Tasuki lay quietly thinking of how Miaka must be feeling. He started to sit up and was forced down by the hands of Nuriko. Tasuki glared but didn't argue; his mind was still full of Miaka.

"Tasuki," said Nuriko in a small whisper, "I know you are worried about Miaka, but you have got to stay here. If she sees you like this again, it will kill her. When you passed out she cried and she acted as if you where dead. She is blaming herself and is considering leaving us so we don't have to suffer. Please don't make her leave us again."

Tasuki looked at Nuriko who had his head down, Tasuki could tell he was crying. "Doesn't she understand that if she leaves that it will make us all suffer more?"

Nuriko quietly nodded and without letting his best friend see he was crying, he stood up and headed to the door. "I am going to check on His Highness. He is more worried about Miaka then anyone else." He said facing the door. He quietly opened the door and left Tasuki alone with his thoughts.

Nuriko's walked slowly down the hall over to the room Hotohori was in he came to Miaka's room and quietly knocked. When no one answered, he panicked and opened the door hoping she was still here. He walked in quietly and looked toward the bed. She wasn't there.

He ran out of the room breaking the door on his way out and starting shouting Miaka's name.


~Damnit! Where is she? ~ Thought Nuriko. He had run around the whole palace shouting her name over and over again in a frantic search to find his Priestess. He passed by Miaka's room again and Chichiri's room. He came to Hotohori's and he started to stop. He burst into Hotohori's room without thinking.


"HOTOHORI! MIAKA IS -"

Hotohori had his finger to his mouth and had a mad look on his face and slowly pointed to a small girl sleeping in his bed. It was Miaka.

"She came to me some time ago. She was crying again." Said Hotohori with his hand on Miaka's forehead. He slowly looked up and looked as if he hadn't slept at all in two or three days. "She is exhausted and has a very high fever. She is weak from her lack of eating. I hope Mitsukake arrives soon."

Nuriko looked at Miaka then at Hotohori. It will be just like last time," Began Nuriko. Hotohori looked up at his friend wanting to understand. "She will be healed... but.... her feelings can't be fixed. Tasuki will be healed and noisier than ever, but Miaka... Miaka will still have the pain of seeing Tasuki like that."

"Its my fault again!" said Hotohori and walked to the door and walking out. Nuriko followed closely. Hotohori and Nuriko walked in silence for a while until they ended up in the garden by the pond. Hotohori leaned against one of the railings and put his head down. Nuriko just stood there watching him with careful eyes, not sure what to say.


"It was to my fault that she got ill the first time. I pushed her to hard to become the Priestess of Suzaku and it made her ill. The moment she left me in order to stay with Tamahome in her world, I was determined to see her again, to hold her, to most of all...love her. I had a feeling that Taka was different than Tamahome himself. That's why I told Chichiri to be careful, because I knew something to this matter would happen."


*******************************************

Chichiri, Chiriko, and Mitsukake landed in the same area Miaka and the others did--the shrine room where they summoned Suzaku. Chiriko and Mitsukake looked around trying to remember the last time they where in this room, over half a year ago. They followed Chichiri into the courtyard and headed off to Tasuki's room. Along the way, Chichiri told them that after they go to Tasuki's room they have to go see Miaka.

"Miaka knows that you can only heal one person per day and that is why she asked me to tell you to heal Tasuki first then heal her when your powers return fully, ya know. I told her that he should heal her first but she refused, ya know. She is always caring for other people and not herself," he said.

The three of them came to Tasuki's door and Chichiri knocked quietly, he waited for a response that never came so he opened the door and walked in with his two companions. Tasuki saw them both and smiled, he was still weak but could move just enough to sit up. Mitsukake walked quickly over to Tasuki and kneeled down, he started to raise his hand to heal him but Tasuki stopped him." Heal Miaka first. I can take it. She can't."

"Stop resisting or it will take longer. Miaka asked us to attend to you first. There is no way I am going to disobey the Priestess of Suzaku's orders," said Mitsukake.

Tasuki lost this battle with Mitsukake and he knew it. He lied down to be healed. Mitsukake raised his hand one more time and red light came out of his hand. When it was over and was allowed to move, he stood up, thanked them all and ran to Miaka's room. He walked in and saw she wasn't there. His eyes got wide and he turned and took off heading to Hotohori's room, he came around the corner and almost ran head on with Nuriko.

"YAY!!! YOU'RE BETTER! THAT MEANS MIAKA WILL BE SOON! WHERE'S CHIRIKO AND MITSUKAKE!? IF YOUR LOOKING FOR MIAKA SHE IS IN THE ROOM WITH HOTOHORI" screamed Nuriko as he turned around to go see his friends.

Tasuki's eyes got wide and he shrugged and started walking to Hotohori's room. It seemed like he was walking for ages when he reached his door. He knocked quietly and heard Hotohori's whisper. He walked in and walked over to the bed Miaka was sleeping on.


"She has a fever, you can see her while I go see Chiriko and Mitsukake," Hotohori tapped Tasuki's shoulder and walked quietly out of the room leaving Miaka and Tasuki alone.

~I don't wanna' wake her but I wanna' talk ta' her.~ he thought.


"Miaka? Miaka? Miaka wake up. It's me." Tasuki leaned down and kissed her softly.

Miaka shifted in her sleep and opened her eyes to see a grinning Tasuki staring down at her. Miaka's eyes got wide as she flung her arms around his neck in a bear hug. Tasuki felt her body heat and knew at once that she indeed had a fever. He laid Miaka down and backed away from her, removed his shirt and climbed up on her hoping to make her feel better. He let his life force weaken as Miaka's grew, slowly but surely, Miaka's fever was going down. Miaka closed her eyes as she felt better and better, when her fever went down, she grabbed Tasuki and pulled him down to her. Their eyes meet for a moment and slowly Tasuki's head lowered to hers. Her lips were trembling and Tasuki noticed it. He lowered his lips to hers and whispered "I love you, Miaka." Miaka's heart jumped out of her chest and she pulled Tasuki down lower.

A few moments later, Tasuki ended the kiss hoping Miaka felt better. He kissed her forehead and climbed off of her. When he had his shirt back on he saw that Miaka was still lying down with her eyes closed. He smiled and walked over to her and whispered in her ear.

"Chiriko and Mitsukake are here. They are in your room."

Miaka's eyes flew open and she jumped out of Hotohori's bed, grabbed Tasuki's arm and ran out of the room heading to her own. She stopped the moment she got to her room, took in a deep breath and walked in. Chiriko was the first to see her. His eyes got wide as he tugged on Mitsukake's arm still not talking his eyes off of her. Mitsukake turned around and saw her. Miaka giggled and ran up to them both giving them a big hug.

"I have missed you all so very much. How have you been." she giggled.

"We have been fine, Miaka. How are you? We were just going to see you when Nuriko and Hotohori showed up and told us you," they looked at Tasuki, "were with her and that we shouldn't bother you" smiled Chiriko.
Miaka's face turned red and she looked up at Hotohori and smiled.

"Miaka, has your fever gone down any?" he said touching her forehead.


Miaka nodded with a big smile on her face, "Tasuki made it better."

''That's good, Miaka please sit down,. Mitsukake would like to speak to you about Tamahome, err...Taka."

Miaka's smile faded as she let go of Tasuki's hand and went to sit down on the bed next to Mitsukake.