G Gundam Fan Fiction ❯ Hello ❯ George DeSand ( Chapter 2 )

[ P - Pre-Teen ]

Chapter 2: George De Sand

George tossed and turned. Unable to sleep. Finally he had had enough and got up. He stood in front of the glass doors of the balcony, his reflection barely visible in the darkness of the night. He couldn’t shake the bad feeling he had. He was unsure why he had the feeling something bad was going to happen. Something told him it was going to be horrible. He opened the doors and the cool night air blew gently across his face, drying his sweat. He leaned on the rail and took several deep breathes. He decided to try and think about something, to take his mind off his uneasy feeling. ‘Miss Marie Louise.’ was the first thought that came to mind.

His feelings toward her were strong. When he was around her he was happier than ever. When he was around her he would get a strange feeling in his stomach. It felt like there were a bunch of butterflies trapped inside. He had questioned this feeling several times before. He finally came to the conclusion that he was in love. He hadn’t told anyone this. He was afraid to tell the princess for fear of how she would react, what she would say. “What would she say?” George asked himself, “What would her father think?” George wanted to tell her, but decided it would be best if he kept his mouth shut.

He was quite disappointed in himself. He never had any time to spend with her. He was always off training or doing something else with his Gundam. He only saw her occasionally. He had tried several times to get more time to see her, but he could never seem to find the time. There just wasn’t enough hours in the day for him to do everything that had to be done and see her too. He knew it would make her happy if he went to see her more often, but it just hasn’t been possible. He was glade he changed his mind and let her go to Neo-Japan with him. He wasn’t sure if he would be spending much time with her while they were there, but he would get to spend some time with her on the trip over.

Again, the uneasy feeling. He decided to go back inside. Once inside he checked the time. It was about 3 o’clock in the morning. He would soon have to get ready for the trip. He got back into bed and stared at the ceiling. He rolled over and somehow managed to sleep. It seemed shortly after going to sleep, he was awake again and getting ready. He let out a long sigh. He was very tired. It was a long trip to Neo-Japan, he though maybe he could get some sleep on the way there. At about 7 o’clock he was at the palace to get Marie. She was waiting for him outside. Waiting with her was her father. George got out of the car and King Louise said, “Now George, I’m trusting that you watch after Marie.” “I will your excellency.” George replied, bowing slightly.

The car ride to the shuttle port was a long silent one. Neither of them said a word to each other. It wasn’t until they were on the shuttle for Neo-Japan that either of them spoke. “So George, how have you been? It’s been so long.” “I’ve been very well. I have tried to visit you more often, but I haven’t had the time. I have been very busy.” “I understand.” Marie turned and smiled at him. George smiled also. They talked for some time before they both fell asleep, Marie’s head rested on George’s shoulder. Both of them slept peacefully until they landed in Neo-Japan.

They were taken to Domon’s house, were they would be staying. George was given a room upstairs and Marie was given on downstairs. George and Marie didn’t have much time to talk after arriving. It was late and shortly after they got there they went to bed. It was a big day tomorrow. A wedding and a party. Both George and Marie hoped that someday they would be the ones getting married.