G Gundam Fan Fiction ❯ Hello ❯ Chapter 4 ( Chapter 4 )

[ P - Pre-Teen ]

Chapter 4:

George sat and drew circles on the counter with his finger. He turned around and scanned the room. He saw Marie Louise leave but he thought maybe she was back. George had a bad feeling. He glanced at the clock. In the distance he heard the wailing of sirens. He began to worry when the grew louder. He ran outside and stood on the corner of the street. He saw flashing lights headed down the street. He saw an ambulance go speeding by and he ran after it.

He caught up to it just as they were loading a person in it. “Marie Louise…” he whispered.

George paced impatiently. He was worried. Domon, Rain, Sai Saici, Argo, and Chibodee all sat and watched him pace. George couldn’t come to grips with what had just happened. He didn’t want to believe he was actually pacing around a hospital’s waiting room. Marie’s father was on his way to Neo-Japan. George had called him shortly after he arrived at the hospital. Her father couldn’t believe what had happened to his daughter. George couldn’t tell him exactly what happened because he didn’t even know. George stopped and stood still for a moment. He glanced at the clock. He sighed and continued to pace.

George was growing very impatient. He wanted to know what was going on. What’s taking so long? He thought. They had been there for awhile. George was starting to get tired of pacing but he couldn’t keep still. He was too worried. “George, would you sit down? You’re going to wear a hole in the floor.” said Chibodee. George glanced at him, but said nothing. “Seriously. I can see it. The floor is starting to sink in where you have been walking.” Chibodee said. Again, George said nothing. He heard Rain beat him in the back of the head after he turned his back to them. George decided to sit down. His feet were starting to hurt.

He sat on the other side of Argo, as far from Chibodee as possible. Chibodee was starting to annoy him. In George’s opinion, Chibodee wasn’t helping the situation any. George sighed and ran a hand through his hair and massaged his neck. They sat in silence once again. Domon was slouched in his chair and appeared to be asleep. Rain had her hands folded on her lap and she was staring at the floor. Sai, Argo, and Chibodee were also staring at the floor. George started to tap his foot.

The sound of the door opening made all of them look up. A man in a white coat stood there. George jumped to his feet and ran across the room. The others soon joined him by the doctor. “How’s Marie Louise? Please say she is going to be alright.” said George. The doctor didn’t say anything for a moment. He looked down at the floor for a second, then looked back up at them. George knew from the look on the doctors face that the news wasn’t going to be good. If the news was going to be good, the doctor would have been smiling.