Gensomaden Saiyuki Fan Fiction ❯ Love and Peaches?! ❯ Little Date ( Chapter 4 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

[Chapter 4: Little Date]

8:00 PM.

The spring festival, which was doing great a while ago, was now bothered by two absurdly huge Shikigamis.

Or three, perhaps.

For the fate of the town rests on Sha Gojyo, who got himself into a slime bucket just to save them all.

And now his embarrassed smile remained frozenly stiff on his face as he rides on a horse behind the little panda scribble in the grand carousel.

"Wheeeeee!!!" Panda scribble trilled happily. "Isn't this fun?"

"He he he he…" were the only sounds Gojyo made, the stupid smile still on his face.

[I can't believe this is happening.]

A lot of people saw them together now, and no doubt gossiping about them. They were a few stifled smiles from the adults, and loud laughs from the teenagers. But the kids were fussing over the Panda scribble they don't even know what was really happening.

[I wish people around here could be more like these kids, though.]

Loud sounds of gunshots and power summoning are heard from the Shikigamis' area. Sanzo and Goku were both there, trying to calm down the monsters. Like they can!

[I can't believe this! Goku should have dated this-this-this THING!] Gojyo wailed silently. [Or maybe Sanzo! More women fawn over him than the rest of us poor slobs!]

"Hey, look at that…" he heard a person say.

"That man's dating a scribble! How awful…" a woman said.

"Such a shame. The guy is kind of cute." A teenager this time.

"What a mess he is…"

"Well, the world is full of weirdoes…"

[Great. They're doing it again. Why can't they just shut the fuck up and mind their own business?!]

"Ne, Gojyo-kun," Panda scribble said, pulling his hand. "Do you like to get something to eat?"

"Ha-hai," Gojyo managed to croak out.

They're now in a snack store, and Gojyo chose a choice corner booth. He didn't want to date the scribble, but he didn't want to hurt her either. After all, she's just, well…little.

"Would you like a peach pie, Gojyo-kun?" Panda scribble offered, her little-girl voice breaking into his thoughts.

Gojyo perked up a little. "Peach?"

"They're in season today, Gojyo-kun. I heard it was really good!" Panda scribble said, ready to spoon-feed him.

"Okay, I guess…" Gojyo said, opening his mouth.

Gojyo chewed the pie in his mouth, and realized it was delicious. "Not bad, Panda-chan. Hand me another one."

Panda scribble giggled and gave him the next bite.

"These are good," Gojyo said between chews.

"Suteki!" Panda scribble giggled again. "You can have it all, if you want."

"Why don't you have some?" Gojyo asked.

"Sorry, but I can't move my mouth," Panda scribble said.

Gojyo looked at her huge frozen smile. "Oh."

After eating, they walked around, and stopped at a balloon cart.

"Look, Gojyo-kun," Panda scribble pointed out. "Can I have a pink one? Pleeeaaase?"

"Sure."

After he bought the balloon, the little panda started running, making him chase her.

"Gojyo-kun! Catch me if you can!" she trilled, laughing.

Gojyo chuckled. "Oh no, you won't get away from me!" he started running.

And now Gojyo was chasing little Panda-chan while she was laughing happily, both looking like a happy couple.

[A happy COUPLE?!]

The thought made Gojyo stop dead in his tracks, and then realized what a fool he was already making of himself.

[WHAT WAS I DOING?!] He screamed in his head. [I WAS ACTUALLY HAPPY?!]

Panda scribble seemed to have noticed something was wrong. "Doushtano, Gojyo-kun?" she asked, her mouth turning into a sad little X.

Gojyo head suddenly snapped. "A-ah, nandemo nai," he stammered.

~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~ *

Meanwhile, Sanzo and Goku quit fighting with the Shikigamis a while ago. They were huge of course, but they weren't destroying much anyway. But if they didn't let them all go back to their scrolls by midnight…

And there was only an hour left.

[Ch,] Sanzo thought annoyingly. [Where the hell is the ero kappa?! It's been three hours and nothing's happening yet!]

"Na, Sanzo," Goku whined. "I'm so sleepy! Let me go back to the inn!"

"Just shut up and walk."

"But can't Gojyo just tell the girl-Panda she isn't human?"

Sanzo stopped walking and stared straight to the saru, hoping he'd misheard. "Excuse me?"

"Gojyo should tell her he doesn't like her because she isn't human. That way, she'll go back to the scroll!" Goku said, looking proud.

Sanzo narrowed his eyes. "Honestly, saru. You think a plan that stupid will work?"

"It will!" Goku insisted. "In fact, there they are now!"

Goku pointed to the spot where Gojyo and Panda scribble were, they were in a park bench beside those game booths. Gojyo looked definitely embarrassed, though he didn't show it, and the little panda looked so happy, the least it could do was float around.

"Well, tell them then," Sanzo said, lighting up his cigarette. "I'm not stopping you."

Goku nodded and ran towards them.

[Like that's ever going to work.] Sanzo thought, blowing smoke rings.

~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~ *~*~*~*

"Ne, Gojyo-kun," Panda scribble said.

"What?"

"I'm really glad you've went out with me. I don't think no one else would. You're really a nice person, Gojyo-kun." Panda scribble said shyly, leaning against him.

"He he he," Gojyo chuckled nervously.

"Psssst! Gojyo!"

"Ah? Nanda?" Gojyo looked around.

"Over here, doofus!" the voice whispered behind him.

"I swear to God I'll----Goku?!" he whispered.

The stupid monkey was behind him, smiling cheekily.

"What the hell do you think you're doing here?!" Gojyo hissed sharply.

"I'm here to help you!"

"Yeah. You think I could listen to someone like you? Forget it!"

"I cooked up an escape plan for you!" Goku whispered.

"Eh? Really?" Gojyo whispered back, his eyes widening.

"Trust me! It'll work!"

Gojyo looked at Goku, then back at Panda-chan.

"Shiawase, shiawase…" Panda-chan chanted happily, oblivious to the happenings around her.

[What choice do I have?]

"Okay, monkey," Gojyo hissed from behind him. "I'm all ears."

"Right," Goku said. "So here's how it goes…"

[T.B.C.]