Gensomaden Saiyuki Fan Fiction ❯ METAMORPHOSIS BOOK TWO: ARMAGGEDON ❯ End To Beginning ( Prologue )

[ X - Adult: No readers under 18. Contains Graphic Adult Themes/Extreme violence. ]
METAMORPHOSIS BOOK TWO: ARMAGEDDON
© March 22, 2005 By Rory V. Pascual


AUTHOR'S NOTE: Just a brief word. This chapter has not been edited. A cleaner version will appear in my website soon. Expect the next chapter sometime this week if not early next week. This is for Kiba-chan for motivating me to write at a faster pace. I wish I had this young lady's energy. She's sooo darned prolific!! This is also for the Anna and BNA at Essence of Purity for continuously bugging me to start writing the next story arc.


PROLOGUE: End To Beginning

The huge laboratory situated in the deepest, darkest bowels of Houtou Castle was like a tomb, for nearly half a year, forgotten by the castle residents since the revival of their lord and master. Machinery lay in disuse, gathering dust and cobwebs. Between two computer consoles, a stuffed bunny wearing a green frock with a string tie around its neck sat in silence, a lone sentinel of this chamber of horrors.

Suddenly, the stillness of the lab was shattered by a keening wail, a reverberating cry of anguish and despair that originated from a distant city in the middle of a vast desert. As if in answer to that cry, tattered pieces of silk began twitching restlessly on the dust-covered floor. Then, like glowing fireflies, they shot up to the ceiling, joining together until they formed four fluttering streamers, sending much needed power to their master far away.

Sensing the vigorous activity of the Heaven and Earth Opening Sutras, the stuffed rabbit's eyes glowed red. Springing to life, it ambled out of its hiding place. For a moment, it bent down to pick up a pair of eyeglasses that had been kicked under a chair. It also contemplated taking the pack of cigarettes beside it, but thought better against it. The cigarette was sure to burn its cotton-stuffed body.

Sighing, the bunny put on the glasses and, with pudgy arms akimbo, observed with a critical eye the movements of the sutras. Like flying silk serpents, the sutras danced in the air, golden beams shooting out of the writings inscribed on it and piercing the solid substance of the steel ceiling.

The rabbit shook its head, hearing those heart wrenching sobs. It's hopeless, it thought, grinning. No power in Heaven or Earth can bring your friends back. You're alone now. All alone!

Satisfied with what it had seen, the bunny toddled off to the far corner of the lab, pushing through a small door hidden behind a huge data processor. It led to a long, torturous chute, bringing the stuffed toy, slipping and sliding ever deeper into a part of the castle not even its masters knew about.

A panel popped open, and the toy skidded across a marble floor, halting before a gigantic iron shell, twice the size of the rejuvenating chamber of the Demon King. A horizontal slit about two meters wide in the head area revealed a sickly green goo within.

Bowing before the dark shell, the rabbit spoke aloud, its voice immediately recognizable as belonging to the ex-Chief Scientist of Houtou Castle.

"It is done, my lord," the stuffed toy declared. "Your enemies are no more. Now, no one's going to stand in the way of your return."

From within that pod, a malevolent voice rumbled, "Is that so? And how can you be so sure?"

"I heard his cry – a cry filled with so much despair. He even activated the four other sutras, but I don't think he succeeded in bringing them back."

"But the energies of the sutras… It did go somewhere, am I right?"

At that query, the rabbit became speechless.

"FOOL! Never underestimate the power of the Heaven and Earth Opening Sutras! If it did not restore his friends to him, it brought back something…or someone else. Someone who can ruin my plans!"

The bunny bowed in apology. "Gomen ne. But that question will not be answered until Gyumao and his men return from Tofuugai."

"Then keep your eyes and ears open," the being inside the shell ordered sternly. "Report to me everything that happens in the castle above. Our…pet…must continue to keep a very tight rein on his prisoners. Especially Genjo Sanzo. It is he who poses the greatest threat to my plans. He possesses powers we are not aware of, powers he must lose at year's end. Once the year passes, I shall rise once again, and I shall finally rule both Heaven and Earth!"

As the mysterious being said this, an antenna protruded from the top of the metal shell.

"YESSSSS!" he hissed in glee, as he released wave upon wave of negative energy upon the Earth. Already, he could feel more and more youkai minds succumbing to the darkness of madness. "CHAOS! GIVE ME BLESSED CHAOS!!"

Evil laughter rumbled throughout the huge hidden laboratory. Pushing the glasses up its nose, the stuffed rabbit grinned. Despite the apprehensions of his master, he was confident that nothing would go wrong with their plans.

But if Genjo Sanzo should get in my way, the bunny mused wickedly, it would be so easy to eliminate him, now that his friends are all dead. And unlike Koumyo Sanzo, I shall kill you myself. Nothing will please me more than to have your blood on my hands.

Unknown the rabbit, an unseen presence was worriedly watching this distressing conversation between the toy and its sinister master.

Wringing his gloved hands in deep concern, he thought, This is not good. I must do something to help, but what? I'm practically useless in this form!

With a sad shake of his head, the blue angel unfurled his wings and flew to the upper levels of the castle to see what's going to happen next, and perhaps, in some way, help those who are being tormented by the evil being in the metal shell.


* * * * * * * * * *


Converting /tmp/php8eN1l6 to /dev/stdout