Ghost In The Shell: Stand Alone Complex Fan Fiction ❯ My Magical Gate Experience Was Ruined, As I Expected ❯ YGS: 7 ( Chapter 7 )

[ Y - Young Adult: Not suitable for readers under 16 ]
Chapter 7

August 2016

Batou

“So this is the place, then?” I asked. We were standing at the head of a column of 40 men (and a few women) and a civilian expert at the site of a seriously weird space-time anomaly. Hachiman and I considered the faintly warped air on the slope, surrounded by tents and military vehicles. We’d been briefed. We were security for an otaku hired by the JSDF and the external government services branch to keep him safe while he negotiated with some primitive screwheads from a medieval society, if even that, for trade. They were calling his op “Outbreak Company” and the civilian was present, apparently, because the empress on the other side of this gate, which anyone could walk through and be perfectly fine, liked Japanese culture, particularly doujins. Including the dirty yaoi ones.

“Is that Ebina?” I heard Hachiman state in obvious confusion.

“What? Where?” I asked, looking around. He pointed. I squinted. A female soldier, sergeants stripes, big tits… yes, it was her.

“Yep. That’s odd. Did you know she joined the JSDF?”

“No clue. Think we should say hi?”

“Wait until later. She looks busy herding that civilian. He looks really clueless, doesn’t he?”

“He’s a civilian contractor. He can’t be completely lost, right?”

“Eh, knowing how Intel behaves, he might even be kidnapped.”

Many things happened, and our eventual retreat and the gate’s closure was an inevitable result of fujoshi problems. Ebina denied it, of course, but I really think this was her fault somehow. At least the nosebleeds were rare now.

“This is like what would happen if Ebina were an empress,” Hachiman said. We looked at each other and winced.

“Indeed, Hachiman, indeed. I wonder if their government will collapse, and who will take over?”

“We have our orders to withdraw, and we extracted our forces without serious injury. Job well done.”

“Maybe so. I still worry this is going to bite us on the ass later, Hachiman.”